Red Bud - New Larocco's Leap

dmm698
6/30/2017 8:59am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2017 8:59am
KurtJ99 wrote:
If an amateur hit it (and looked like he cleared it a ways) then it will be jumped by everyone on the Nat. Bummer.
I think it was 2015 I went there the national weekend. top 2 or 3 guys in my Open B moto on friday were hucking the leap. I want to say I had a 13th in the moto I didnt crash in, and the top 2 or 3 were running like 12+ seconds a lap faster.
Zaugg
6/30/2017 9:39am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2017 9:48am

Sounds like they made it shorter (based on Peick's One Lap vid)...hope with the new layout, it doesn't turn into just another jump on the track and keeps its title as one of the sickest jumps in motocross. haha

tcallahan707
6/30/2017 9:50am
Not sure how to post a video but MX Fails posted a video of Carter Stephenson casing the shit out of it from the inside on a KX500. He rode it out perfectly. The jump may be the same but the landing is definitely different. That changes riders' attitude towards sending it. The consequences can't be that bad if a fast amateur kid on a 20 year old bike can case it and not even be phased. There is also the video of a guy over jumping it and being fine. Clearly it's not the same as before, for better or worse.
6/30/2017 9:57am
Not sure how to post a video but MX Fails posted a video of Carter Stephenson casing the shit out of it from the inside on...
Not sure how to post a video but MX Fails posted a video of Carter Stephenson casing the shit out of it from the inside on a KX500. He rode it out perfectly. The jump may be the same but the landing is definitely different. That changes riders' attitude towards sending it. The consequences can't be that bad if a fast amateur kid on a 20 year old bike can case it and not even be phased. There is also the video of a guy over jumping it and being fine. Clearly it's not the same as before, for better or worse.
A feet shorter and it would've been nasty

The Shop

tcallahan707
6/30/2017 9:58am
Not sure how to post a video but MX Fails posted a video of Carter Stephenson casing the shit out of it from the inside on...
EnvyMedia wrote:
If that was the old landing, he would have exploded.
aeffertz
6/30/2017 10:08am
Yeah, the more I look at video, it seems like the distance is the same but the jump doesnt send you as high as before, and the landing is a lot more mellow.
6/30/2017 12:05pm
Frodad78 wrote:
Hey its Mikes jump and he doesn't give a shit if you like it or not. LaughingLaughing
Only, it's not his jump anymore. His jump is gone.

That's like making another table at Washougal and calling it the Chuck Sun table. It can't be unless Chuck himself christens it with a whiskey throttle and it goes in to motocross folklore.
6/30/2017 12:09pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
If that was the old landing, he would have exploded.
That's why I always fear huge jumps with steep and short landings. Not the height or distance but the small margin of error when over jumping or coming up short... Dude in the video was lucky getting away with that.
MattyVicious
Fantasy
508th
6/30/2017 12:44pm

Here Is a photo of the old one and the new one together.
Frodad78
6/30/2017 3:55pm
Frodad78 wrote:
Hey its Mikes jump and he doesn't give a shit if you like it or not. LaughingLaughing
Only, it's not his jump anymore. His jump is gone. That's like making another table at Washougal and calling it the Chuck Sun table. It can't...
Only, it's not his jump anymore. His jump is gone.

That's like making another table at Washougal and calling it the Chuck Sun table. It can't be unless Chuck himself christens it with a whiskey throttle and it goes in to motocross folklore.
Well I guess it's only named after him now, as opposed to the last jump. It was his he used to remove the first jump after the race and load it on a flatbed and keep it in his basement until the next year. Mythical stuff of legends man.

Post a reply to: Red Bud - New Larocco's Leap

The Latest