Rc's Commentating last night!

Motodave15
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2012 12:15pm
was awesome and funny to say the least. Had me laughing the whole time

few notable quotes that i may have gotten wrong.

"the guy has long legs and can save himself from a crash, as a short person that is impossible"

"The worst mud rider ive ever seen...................................Jeff Emig"

GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning
|
WillyB
3/11/2012 1:01pm
+1
Less Ralphs more racers
gt80rider
3/11/2012 1:54pm
Dallas 97 fro pwned the field n the mud... Freakn perfection on that night...
ford832
3/11/2012 4:14pm
I was impressed when he mentioned about using wooden wheels in Emigs day-or something to that effect.Smile

The Shop

kx254f
3/11/2012 6:54pm
Motodave15 wrote:
was awesome and funny to say the least. Had me laughing the whole time few notable quotes that i may have gotten wrong. "the guy has...
was awesome and funny to say the least. Had me laughing the whole time

few notable quotes that i may have gotten wrong.

"the guy has long legs and can save himself from a crash, as a short person that is impossible"

"The worst mud rider ive ever seen...................................Jeff Emig"

GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning
How about when Emig was about to thoroughly explain how an umbrella breaks in windy conditions, when he was suppose to comment on how the wind affects the rider... He started explaining and then stopped. It was an awkward pause that made me laugh Grinning
motomike137
3/11/2012 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2012 7:17pm
He also made me laugh when he was chuckling about the replay of Villopoto's cowboy moment. It is so cool that our greatest of all time is a big fan just like the rest of us.
Hut
3/11/2012 7:21pm
RC and Emig are pure awesome, they couldn't stop giggling when Alessi pulled his move on Villopoto then went flying like a bozo the next turn...lol
Adam43
3/11/2012 7:40pm
RC is a fantastic commentator. The interplay between RC and Fro is great - especially because they focus on the action, without going into long diatribes.

I didn't think Reed did too well in his guest spot.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
3/11/2012 7:40pm
RC does a great job, I hope he is in the booth all year.

We didn't get to see a lot, but it looks like he could still kick ass if he was to race again.
3/11/2012 7:46pm
Personally, I think Chad Reed stole the show when they had him in the booth. He was well spoken and not at a loss for words at all for being thrown into the booth.
motomike137
3/11/2012 8:01pm
Personally, I think Chad Reed stole the show when they had him in the booth. He was well spoken and not at a loss for words...
Personally, I think Chad Reed stole the show when they had him in the booth. He was well spoken and not at a loss for words at all for being thrown into the booth.
Chad is not afraid to give his opinion that's for sure. Just don't stand next to him at the bus stop though!
jathey
3/11/2012 9:34pm
IMO this is the best broadcast team we've ever had, and that includes Ralph. The chemistry between these guys is great and it doesn't hurt that RC and Emig are two of my all time favorite riders.

It's also pretty funny that RC is so good on the mic now. When he first started racing pro, he was the worst interview there was. To his credit, he worked on it and got much better, but that was the joke at first - you had to carefully construct your questions to Ricky if you didn't want one word answers.

Having Chad in there was a bonus. Not as animated as RC and Emig, but insightful and humorous. He fit right in. Ralph nailed him with couch potato right as they were going to break, which was pretty funny.
pilotdude
3/11/2012 10:44pm
I thought the commentary last night was awesome. Excellent combo of humor and expertise with Reed, Fro, and Goat playing off each other.
brianfagan9
3/11/2012 11:54pm
jathey wrote:
IMO this is the best broadcast team we've ever had, and that includes Ralph. The chemistry between these guys is great and it doesn't hurt that...
IMO this is the best broadcast team we've ever had, and that includes Ralph. The chemistry between these guys is great and it doesn't hurt that RC and Emig are two of my all time favorite riders.

It's also pretty funny that RC is so good on the mic now. When he first started racing pro, he was the worst interview there was. To his credit, he worked on it and got much better, but that was the joke at first - you had to carefully construct your questions to Ricky if you didn't want one word answers.

Having Chad in there was a bonus. Not as animated as RC and Emig, but insightful and humorous. He fit right in. Ralph nailed him with couch potato right as they were going to break, which was pretty funny.
Ralph? Seriously.
FIREfish148
3/12/2012 2:23am
WillyB wrote:
+1
Less Ralphs more racers
Less ralph more weege.

Seems like ralphs had a bone to pic w/ bubba every since james tweeted that he looks like a wanna be cowboy at the monster cup...

Weege understands its business but still has the honest passion. What I do like about ralph is that he is really good at enunciating what he has to say.
DrSweden
3/12/2012 3:15am
The commentating was the best I have ever heard. RC joking, mocking Emig made me giggle, also giving Everts some credit and education the audience (in my opinion Emig is a bit too xenophobic). Jeff doing that umbrella commentary was pretty good as well. Reed giving his honest opinions, which is SO DAMN REFRESHING in that commentary booth.

Is there's something diff with that specific show? Are they allowed to say more or something? Or just a good day?

Good commentary, which was much needed because the racing sucked for me.
jamma10
3/12/2012 3:58am
RC and Reed were great, Ralph and Emig.... not so much. I don't dislike Emig (big fan of him in the 90's) and I realise talking while watching the action is tricky, but he blabbers on about a whole lot of nothing sometimes and often fails to finish a statement. Just like my mother! Smile
Stooperbike
3/12/2012 6:29am
jathey wrote:
IMO this is the best broadcast team we've ever had, and that includes Ralph. The chemistry between these guys is great and it doesn't hurt that...

Ralph? Seriously.
I think Ralph is kind of a goober but IMO you need a professional broadcaster there to keep Fro and RC on track. I think if he was not there both of those guys would be off on some tangent. The 3 of them make a great team.
mxtech1
3/12/2012 6:33am
Racer92 wrote:
"Retired line....."
RC's "retired vet lines" would still get him into the night show at any given round.

It's funny how his perception of being "out of shape and slow" still puts him in the top 1% of riders in the world.
bents
Fantasy
909th
3/12/2012 6:38am
I thought Reed was awesome and added great value to the broadcast. All in all I too think it was a great broadcast from the booth.
Tater
Fantasy
285th
3/12/2012 7:00am
DrSweden wrote:
The commentating was the best I have ever heard. RC joking, mocking Emig made me giggle, also giving Everts some credit and education the audience (in...
The commentating was the best I have ever heard. RC joking, mocking Emig made me giggle, also giving Everts some credit and education the audience (in my opinion Emig is a bit too xenophobic). Jeff doing that umbrella commentary was pretty good as well. Reed giving his honest opinions, which is SO DAMN REFRESHING in that commentary booth.

Is there's something diff with that specific show? Are they allowed to say more or something? Or just a good day?

Good commentary, which was much needed because the racing sucked for me.
Probably the extra 45 minutes they had meant they needed to dig deep for stuff to talk about.
Plus more funny stuff going on on the track to keep the guys supplied with things to talk about when the racing battles weren't going on.

Also, I think someone at Speed is paying attention to Vital because I only noticed once in the last two weeks where Erin said "take us through..."
3/12/2012 7:55am
Reed was great.
Fro was great.
Ralph isn't bad...

But RC is horrible. He sounds like a homeschooled drop out. "I seen him in practice" etc. I could go on forever.
And when did KTM shit in his Wheaties? His contradictions about the 350 last week, his made-up BS about hydraulic clutches.

I try to get new people to watch and they are shocked at the illiterate former racer.

Flame on...
pilotdude
3/12/2012 9:04am
Reed was great. Fro was great. Ralph isn't bad... But RC is horrible. He sounds like a homeschooled drop out. "I seen him in practice" etc...
Reed was great.
Fro was great.
Ralph isn't bad...

But RC is horrible. He sounds like a homeschooled drop out. "I seen him in practice" etc. I could go on forever.
And when did KTM shit in his Wheaties? His contradictions about the 350 last week, his made-up BS about hydraulic clutches.

I try to get new people to watch and they are shocked at the illiterate former racer.

Flame on...
Wow. It's called respect db.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
3/12/2012 9:10am
Reed was great. Fro was great. Ralph isn't bad... But RC is horrible. He sounds like a homeschooled drop out. "I seen him in practice" etc...
Reed was great.
Fro was great.
Ralph isn't bad...

Flame on...
Who cares about perfect English at a supercross race?Blink
Bry745
3/12/2012 9:17am
Reed was great.
Fro was great.
Ralph isn't bad...

Flame on...
Sure, RC isn't great in the grammar department, but would you rather have a 'master of grammar' in the booth, or a 'master of motocross racing' who's been there and done that (arguably better than anybody), and tells it like it is?

I know what I'd prefer, and I suspect it's the same for most fans and racers. RC adds a lot of color to the commentary in the booth IMO - keep him there!
hammertime
3/12/2012 9:19am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2012 9:19am
my dad and i ove rc in the booth. he's like johnny miller or johnny mac....he knows how to convey exactly what's going on with a bit of his own flare. he loosens emig up a bit too.
MX558
3/12/2012 9:25am
I like RC too and I thought Chad did really well for the 1st. time. I kept waiting for all the Yamaha and Stewie bashing but didn't hear it. What I heard is what everyone on here was thinking already about Yammie and Stewie.
Wandell
3/12/2012 10:09am
The current team is great. RC and Emig are awesome together!

Post a reply to: Rc's Commentating last night!

The Latest