Ralph and Jeff.. For the love of..

G-DUB
I'm not sure about anyone else but I found daytonas announcing to be probably the worst I have heard in a while, just awful. Several times you hear "ooohhhhhhh" with no follow up, the same old crap. Jeff and Ricky going back and forth of the huckabuck. No word on bogle not qualifying etc. It's getting harder to listen. I think supercross desperately needs Jason weidgant and perhaps Mcgrath in the booth, I like Ralph but Jeff just doesn't give enough insight and is very conservative Imo. This is all subjective and is purely my opinion.
|
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
3/14/2017 10:15am
Fair claims I'd say. Don't talk shit about Ralph though bro. He loves us all. Jeff's probably just lit. RC is the goat so he's naturally goat-like. Screw MC as announcer, bring back K-Dub!!!
Silliker269
3/14/2017 10:19am
haha I think half it is the camera crew missing all the action !!
mmain62
3/14/2017 10:24am
I honestly thought that because it was a Honda sponsored race they were told to talk about certain things. They would be talking about tomac leading and Ralph would randomly say "But there's Brayton fighting for whatever position and other people on Hondas as well. I thought that was weird. Usually the friendly banter between Jeff and Ricky is good but I felt like Ricky just kept hammering it on him. I know they are buddies off screen so maybe it just sounds worse than it is. Just my opinions is all.

The Shop

F.B
3/14/2017 10:48am
"Jordon Smith on the red Honda"
Trav138
3/14/2017 10:56am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2017 10:57am
This shit again!
i truly loved the Daytona broadcast, because Monster wasn't balls deep in everyone of us like every other week!!
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
3/14/2017 11:25am
dennis miller should do it
KMC440
3/14/2017 11:48am
I'd rather the races be on a non FCC regulated channel so we can get rid of the PG rated bullshit.
doghouse
3/14/2017 11:56am
Trav138 wrote:
This shit again!
i truly loved the Daytona broadcast, because Monster wasn't balls deep in everyone of us like every other week!!
^ Fucking this.
Kampy
3/14/2017 12:29pm
Trav138 wrote:
This shit again!
doghouse wrote:
^ Fucking this.
+1 ...

I will admit that I missed having the qualifying livestreamed, but beyond that, Daytona was a refreshing vacation from having that damn Monster claw forced down my throat repeatedly
JM485
3/14/2017 12:39pm
Trav138 wrote:
This shit again!
doghouse wrote:
^ Fucking this.
Hell yes, the entire event has a much cleaner look to it. I'm so sick of monster and their "marketing" I can't even tell you. . .
Zaugg
3/14/2017 2:13pm
Trav138 wrote:
This shit again!
But you were cool with Honda's marketing all up in you balls deep? Interesting...
greenmx5
3/14/2017 2:30pm
Exactly. These guys are only seeing what we see 99% of the time. If we blame anyone we gotta blame the camera crew and producers.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
3/14/2017 3:30pm
Bogle didn't qualify, boss rc nearby, awkward silence...

I think I heard rc drop a 'wow' in the background
3/14/2017 3:40pm
Weege and anyone else, really. Langston is great. Fucking great. I like him even better on a podcast 5 beers deep.

Weege and Ping won't happen because Ping has a real job now, but that'd be amazing.

Weege and Kevin Kelly would also be great.

These guys have run their course for me.
Trav138
3/14/2017 3:41pm
Trav138 wrote:
This shit again!
Zaugg wrote:
But you were cool with Honda's marketing all up in you balls deep? Interesting...
i would have been cool with them marketing just about anything; except fucking Monster!! Interesting enough for ya.

I think its safe to say the Monster's lowbrow shit is getting old, and since you brought up Honda, i didn't mind it one bit.
What Honda does is a far cry from the 3 hour momster infomercial every week... Interesting....um no
3/14/2017 3:50pm
Weege and anyone else, really. Langston is great. Fucking great. I like him even better on a podcast 5 beers deep. Weege and Ping won't happen...
Weege and anyone else, really. Langston is great. Fucking great. I like him even better on a podcast 5 beers deep.

Weege and Ping won't happen because Ping has a real job now, but that'd be amazing.

Weege and Kevin Kelly would also be great.

These guys have run their course for me.
Jason Weignadt and Kevin Kelly were announcing live at Daytona for the fans. They did a great job!
3/14/2017 4:01pm
Lucas oil doesn't Rev my engine but do I hate its presence in the AMA outdoors? No, that'd be silly and childish wouldn't it.
Phantom 661
3/14/2017 4:15pm
To be fair, Ralph did mention Justin not making the main right after the LCQ. As for the announcing I think some nights are better than others.
It can and does get frustrating when the crowed erupts in the background and we viewers are clueless as to the reason why. Get on it man!
3/14/2017 4:18pm
Broadcast overall was better than the rest of them this year, Ricky was horrible in the booth and on the track design.
jasonv43
3/14/2017 4:27pm
Remember these guys?

Rick Johnson - Seems like he kills it every time I hear him announce
David Bailey - Legend in anything he does
Cameron Steele - What happened to him?
Jerry Bernardo - Remember that guy?
Davey Coombs - Didn't he start out as a pit reporter? What ever happened with his career? Probably nothing.Tongue
Art Eckman - Loved him
Larry Maiers - He always got somebody's names mixed up or would say something wrong. He was funny though.

Who else???
Zaugg
3/14/2017 4:34pm
Trav138 wrote:
i would have been cool with them marketing just about anything; except fucking Monster!! Interesting enough for ya. I think its safe to say the Monster's...
i would have been cool with them marketing just about anything; except fucking Monster!! Interesting enough for ya.

I think its safe to say the Monster's lowbrow shit is getting old, and since you brought up Honda, i didn't mind it one bit.
What Honda does is a far cry from the 3 hour momster infomercial every week... Interesting....um no
Well by your response it sounds like you're not a fan of Monster...

...and you can't take a joke.

Lighten up bud...nobody is holding you down and pouring that sewer water down your throat. (If they are...blink twice and we'll send the Honda guys in to rescue you...hahaha)

Just fast forward thru the commercials like everyone else and enjoy the racing.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/14/2017 4:37pm
Jason Weignadt and Kevin Kelly were announcing live at Daytona for the fans. They did a great job!
Who is Jason Weignadt?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/14/2017 4:39pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Remember these guys? Rick Johnson - Seems like he kills it every time I hear him announce David Bailey - Legend in anything he does Cameron...
Remember these guys?

Rick Johnson - Seems like he kills it every time I hear him announce
David Bailey - Legend in anything he does
Cameron Steele - What happened to him?
Jerry Bernardo - Remember that guy?
Davey Coombs - Didn't he start out as a pit reporter? What ever happened with his career? Probably nothing.Tongue
Art Eckman - Loved him
Larry Maiers - He always got somebody's names mixed up or would say something wrong. He was funny though.

Who else???
I remember Jerry and a really akward moment with Mike Larocco.

I also remember Larry Huffman sometimes taking a half a lap to notice a lead change.
doghouse
3/14/2017 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2017 4:43pm
Trav138 wrote:
This shit again!
Zaugg wrote:
Trav138 wrote:
i would have been cool with them marketing just about anything; except fucking Monster!! Interesting enough for ya. I think its safe to say the Monster's...

Seriously, it's not even close.

At this point I'm pretty much actively cheering for Monster to fail as an entity. They are just another step in the complete trashi-fication or our culture. Idiocracy has arrived.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
3/14/2017 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2017 4:48pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Exactly. These guys are only seeing what we see 99% of the time. If we blame anyone we gotta blame the camera crew and producers.
yep.the producer seems a step behind. watching the timing you can see a battle coming. but we see the same rider for 5 laps.
i would also like them to get pumped up a little. i swear ralph is at a funeral.
keep rcs ass on the floor. talking lines,rythms etc. soooo much better.
producer. everyone pretty much knows a shit ton about this sport. stop dumbing it down. i didn't know crap until i wanted to learn about it. nobody tells the nfl viewers what a field goal is or say matt ryan the qb in the red jersey......
arrg stop.
jenny-stop asking how someone feels. if it was a good thing. they feel good. bad? they feel bad. i have to cut her some slack though. this sport is so secret with real things. injury, sickness. bike changes etc.

ps i love sx/mx and the great coverage in high def. every job has review timeWink
reded
3/14/2017 5:43pm
The Monster thing has run its course with me and I hoped that it would be a passing fad but apparently they've dug in for good. I tried to watch NASCAR last weekend as well but the signage and constant Monster shout-outs made it unbearable. Not a Fan!
TXDirt
3/14/2017 5:54pm
Production crew just mailing it in every week. Until anyone at Fox or whoever gives a shit about the final plate, they won't give a shit about the ingredients.

Get Langston and Windham in the booth. DV on the floor.

Time for a change.

visser62
3/14/2017 6:47pm
KMC440 wrote:
I'd rather the races be on a non FCC regulated channel so we can get rid of the PG rated bullshit.
The fuck? You think this has to do with the FCC? It probably has to do with the fact that they don't want to alienate viewers with families by having announcers swear up a storm. They don't show enough Monster girl ass for you?

Post a reply to: Ralph and Jeff.. For the love of..

The Latest