Racerx Racerhead #50

peelout
12/21/2011 1:24pm
mom241 wrote:
I didn't mean to refer to you specifically. Just pointing out that we're all fans too. That's why we got involved in this great sport. I'm...
I didn't mean to refer to you specifically. Just pointing out that we're all fans too. That's why we got involved in this great sport.

I'm not sure I agree that parent's involvement goes past what it should. I think that is up to each individual. Almost every weekend i see the Stewarts, one if not both of the Dungeys, Mike Grant, Mr Weimer, Tony, . . . I think that we're just very close to our kids, and we all had such an involvement in what they're doing. For myself, I try to be there to just help out and not get inthe way. Trey makes his own decisions, I just want to support him any way I can.
Fair enough. I'm aware of the large amount of parents going to the races. I think it's cool to be there for the sons. In my...
Fair enough. I'm aware of the large amount of parents going to the races. I think it's cool to be there for the sons. In my opinion, sometimes being there goes a little too far, and that was what I was trying to say. I didn't think of a nice way to make that point, and the way I made it was inappropriate. Cheers mom241.
Nerd wrote:
For the last time, more name-calling and cursing or you will be banned to regular life, where you're probably also a very level-headed, nice guy. Booo...
For the last time, more name-calling and cursing or you will be banned to regular life, where you're probably also a very level-headed, nice guy.

Booo! Down with Track and Trail!
we get it.

now stfu, bro
dboivin
12/21/2011 1:25pm
I think ping and mathes rants shoulda been more directed at all the pro mx moms for not contributing to the message boards enough. It makes for good reads. Smile
ocscottie
12/21/2011 1:25pm
jbomx363 wrote:
Wish could just quote a portion...anyway.. as I said above... I like your stuff. Just goes to show, that there are intelligent mx families and riders...
Wish could just quote a portion...anyway.. as I said above... I like your stuff. Just goes to show, that there are intelligent mx families and riders out there that can communicate well and realize what to take to heart and what not to.
You can always copy just a portion of a post and paste it in between quote tags.

it will look like this
Sherwood
12/21/2011 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2011 1:29pm
What are the formal rules and form of debate we're using so I know what debate strategy to use No spin zone/nerd?

The Shop

Nerd
12/21/2011 1:50pm
Fair enough. I'm aware of the large amount of parents going to the races. I think it's cool to be there for the sons. In my...
Fair enough. I'm aware of the large amount of parents going to the races. I think it's cool to be there for the sons. In my opinion, sometimes being there goes a little too far, and that was what I was trying to say. I didn't think of a nice way to make that point, and the way I made it was inappropriate. Cheers mom241.
Nerd wrote:
For the last time, more name-calling and cursing or you will be banned to regular life, where you're probably also a very level-headed, nice guy. Booo...
For the last time, more name-calling and cursing or you will be banned to regular life, where you're probably also a very level-headed, nice guy.

Booo! Down with Track and Trail!
peelout wrote:
we get it.

now stfu, bro
Booo! Down with peelout!
DrSweden
12/21/2011 2:08pm
Nerd wrote:
I won't speak for Matthes, but I'll answer: No, I don't have faith in any rider to be able to separate the BS from the truth...
I won't speak for Matthes, but I'll answer:

No, I don't have faith in any rider to be able to separate the BS from the truth.

First off, these guys are young, mostly. Secondly, they have a lot of pride. As they should. You can't line up next to 19 of the best racers in the world and have a chance to win unless you're thinking you're better than most/all of them. That's pride.

Also, remember when RC went to Suzuki and won everything? He kept saying, "No one thought I could do this on a Suzuki."

Really? No one? That's complete bullshit. Truth is, he probably read ONE PERSON who thought that, and he USED that as motivation for the entire season of training and riding and racing. MOST of us not only THOUGHT he could, but knew he probably WOULD.

What is a fun thing for you - pro motocross - as a fan, is their entire lives. They wake up and eat certain foods, work out a certain way, ride, etc., all of it revolving around their ability to race to the top of their abilities. So, when they read someone talking shit about them, it sticks with them a LOT more than reading someone saying something positive about them. That's just human nature.

So, I agree completely with Matthes, and I tell not only the racers but their families to stay off the boards. It does them no good whatsoever. There is literally nothing positive that would happen as a result of them reading the boards that wouldn't happen if they didn't read the same boards.
Well said, and I obviously agree with ya!

Maybe I'm wrong but It's pretty funny how this micro cosmos work. Here we have people doing what we love and getting fame and fortune for it (accompanied by blood, sweat and pain of course) while many of us feels at least some kind of jealousy combined with at least the same admiration. I think its pretty clearly reflected on the message boards?

Do anyone think we can really change that? Will moderators on steroids achieve deleting what they consider as destructive posts from the more constructive critique? We can just write an Animal Farm type of comment or something. This whole idea with message boards have been working pretty damn good for a decade, and the only real problem occurs when feelings off singled out persons gets to much attention.

Some might not get what I just said, but I don't get what the hell this thread is about and what someone is trying to achieve here really?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
12/21/2011 2:30pm
Nerd wrote:
I'm not a fan. TREY SUCKS! DOWN WITH TREY!

I'm only on the boards to hate everything. Especially TREY CANARD! DOWN WITH TREY!
mom241 wrote:
Cox you're such a trouble maker
Everyone needs a hobby.
KAWboy14
12/21/2011 2:35pm
jndmx wrote:
Matthes and Ping each wrote about 4 sentences about that subject. Not sure why some of you guys are acting like it was a huge rant......the...
Matthes and Ping each wrote about 4 sentences about that subject.

Not sure why some of you guys are acting like it was a huge rant......the OP wrote 3 times as much on the subject.
LaughingLaughing
Powermoves wrote:
It's not the amount they wrote there big guy. It's the fact that they wrote it. They implied I shouldn't be able to write what I...
It's not the amount they wrote there big guy. It's the fact that they wrote it. They implied I shouldn't be able to write what I want on the message boards because I'm not an expert. You must be a little dense.
whats funny is they (ping and mathes)think they are the experts!
KAWboy14
12/21/2011 2:37pm
Nerd wrote:
I won't speak for Matthes, but I'll answer: No, I don't have faith in any rider to be able to separate the BS from the truth...
I won't speak for Matthes, but I'll answer:

No, I don't have faith in any rider to be able to separate the BS from the truth.

First off, these guys are young, mostly. Secondly, they have a lot of pride. As they should. You can't line up next to 19 of the best racers in the world and have a chance to win unless you're thinking you're better than most/all of them. That's pride.

Also, remember when RC went to Suzuki and won everything? He kept saying, "No one thought I could do this on a Suzuki."

Really? No one? That's complete bullshit. Truth is, he probably read ONE PERSON who thought that, and he USED that as motivation for the entire season of training and riding and racing. MOST of us not only THOUGHT he could, but knew he probably WOULD.

What is a fun thing for you - pro motocross - as a fan, is their entire lives. They wake up and eat certain foods, work out a certain way, ride, etc., all of it revolving around their ability to race to the top of their abilities. So, when they read someone talking shit about them, it sticks with them a LOT more than reading someone saying something positive about them. That's just human nature.

So, I agree completely with Matthes, and I tell not only the racers but their families to stay off the boards. It does them no good whatsoever. There is literally nothing positive that would happen as a result of them reading the boards that wouldn't happen if they didn't read the same boards.
DrSweden wrote:
Well said, and I obviously agree with ya! Maybe I'm wrong but It's pretty funny how this micro cosmos work. Here we have people doing what...
Well said, and I obviously agree with ya!

Maybe I'm wrong but It's pretty funny how this micro cosmos work. Here we have people doing what we love and getting fame and fortune for it (accompanied by blood, sweat and pain of course) while many of us feels at least some kind of jealousy combined with at least the same admiration. I think its pretty clearly reflected on the message boards?

Do anyone think we can really change that? Will moderators on steroids achieve deleting what they consider as destructive posts from the more constructive critique? We can just write an Animal Farm type of comment or something. This whole idea with message boards have been working pretty damn good for a decade, and the only real problem occurs when feelings off singled out persons gets to much attention.

Some might not get what I just said, but I don't get what the hell this thread is about and what someone is trying to achieve here really?
the other guys who thought that rc couldnt do it on a suzuki were the pros.....the arm chair quaterbacks thought he rc could do it on a suzuki
Barrett57
12/21/2011 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2011 2:52pm
This forum is taken way too seriously.
Powermoves
12/21/2011 5:04pm
Barrett57 wrote:
Serious enough to be on racerhead. So yes, I am important.
jndmx
12/21/2011 5:12pm
Barrett57 wrote:
Powermoves wrote:
Serious enough to be on racerhead. So yes, I am important.

LaughingLaughingLaughing
Motodude
12/21/2011 6:34pm
Brent wrote:
Remember , Pingree and Matthes get paid by Coombs to write about something, and it's the off-season with almost nothing going on. They need to hang...
Remember , Pingree and Matthes get paid by Coombs to write about something, and it's the off-season with almost nothing going on. They need to hang on to their part time jobs after all and the website needs content.

What better way to get web hits then to generate a tired bullshit story about fans posting shit on a message board?

The whole thing is so juvenile its funny, here you have two grown men whining about what some guy says on the internet about a motocross racer that 95 percent of the world has never heard of?

Those guys need some perspective.
this...follow the money.

Post a reply to: Racerx Racerhead #50

The Latest