RacerX clears up Road to Supercross

hvaughn88
Edited Date/Time 8/29/2014 11:20am
Here's an interesting read from RacerX. It clears up some of the questions about how some guys had to go through the road to supercross and some didn't. As well as what to expect in the future. Thanks for the article, weege:

RacerX Raod to Supercross Explanation
|
mag23
8/28/2014 9:45am
Seems like this is gonna do nothing but thin out the field even more. I guess that's the whole point though?
enketchum
8/28/2014 10:45am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2014 10:56am
If it's from RacerX, I would assume it's an RC's Road to Diabetes type thing.

Why isn't there an Arena Cross Schedule for right now? That would make it possible for people to qualify during the off season. Amateur and Pro both race at the same time. That's quite stupid.

Is this a way to get a better draw of riders at the Arena Cross series?
8/28/2014 1:04pm
enketchum wrote:
If it's from RacerX, I would assume it's an RC's Road to Diabetes type thing. Why isn't there an Arena Cross Schedule for right now? That...
If it's from RacerX, I would assume it's an RC's Road to Diabetes type thing.

Why isn't there an Arena Cross Schedule for right now? That would make it possible for people to qualify during the off season. Amateur and Pro both race at the same time. That's quite stupid.

Is this a way to get a better draw of riders at the Arena Cross series?
They tried having AX start around October/November. Here are some reasons it never works:
1) Rider Turn out SUCKS
2) Teams have no time to get sponsors (Been there and done that)
3) It is a series. AX should not have to cater to people who are not riding the whole series.

On a serious note, The Road to Supercross is cool but it does throw a wrench into the championship for the AX Riders. These AX guys are committed to the series and have to now deal these soon to be pros come in and can mess up their championship run. Its not that big of a deal but it does make a difference. I think it will work but I bet here in like 5 years it will change to cater to Pro Circuit, Gieco, TLD, and other factory teams.
8/28/2014 4:58pm
I've been around AMA arenacross since 1991. It has changed a lot over the years and will probably change some more. Everything evolves and so will AX, SX and outdoor MX. Let me clear up one misconception (and this is subject to change). No where does it say in these Road to Supercross rules that you have to race arenacross. It says that you must qualify for the night program in the AX class in three different cities on the schedule. Therefore getting the three points needed for a Supercross endorsement. You go to three events, ride practice and get a time in the top 30 AX times and you score a point. Guess what, subject to change.

The Shop

TDeath21
8/28/2014 8:28pm
I'm not sure how popular my opinion is, but I think this is one of the stupidest things to happen to the sport in a long time. The rule of the top guys in the A class was perfect. I understand what trentmanracing is saying above, but if you're going to make this a "Road to Supercross", you HAVE to have the AX season start at least a month or two before SX. I just hope we don't see a young kid getting taken out and injured by those aggressive AX riders right before his SX debut. I guess the rookies will all be riding 250 East from here on out.
Squid-mom
8/29/2014 6:00am
TDeath21 wrote:
I'm not sure how popular my opinion is, but I think this is one of the stupidest things to happen to the sport in a long...
I'm not sure how popular my opinion is, but I think this is one of the stupidest things to happen to the sport in a long time. The rule of the top guys in the A class was perfect. I understand what trentmanracing is saying above, but if you're going to make this a "Road to Supercross", you HAVE to have the AX season start at least a month or two before SX. I just hope we don't see a young kid getting taken out and injured by those aggressive AX riders right before his SX debut. I guess the rookies will all be riding 250 East from here on out.
I agree completely! Why make prospective SX riders travel all over the country to 3 different AX events that they have no desire to compete in. If they are not talented enough riders to cut it in SX, that will become evident very quickly at A1 timed practice.

Conversely, why screw up qualifying and points for the guys in the AX series that actually want to be there competing in that series? What is next, you have to race harescrambles before you can compete in the MX series??
rhargrave431
8/29/2014 7:12am
One flaw I do see is that all these amateurs growing up now have access to full supercross tracks growing up now. All the training facilities have them now versus in the 90s and early 00s when only the factory teams had them...
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
8/29/2014 7:15am
It says "Night Show". I think it should be main event. The night show isn't hard to make. You should have to make the main in 3 events to race SX.
Gebken40
8/29/2014 7:25am
The thing about AX and SX... is that they are nothing a like. Riding/racing an AX track is completely different than riding/racing a full size SX track.
enketchum
8/29/2014 7:46am
This is going to make the West Coast SX Series superior to East Coast. People who want to compete in a slower championship are going to race East Coast because there will be more new riders there....

Garbage
-eagle-
8/29/2014 7:59am
Just so I'm clear:

A rider must ride an arbitrary number of SMALLER NATIONAL SERIES events in order to be eligible for a LARGER REGIONAL SERIES............ that pays NATIONAL POINTS.

These two series run simultaneously and the program is named after a person who never did this.
Squid-mom
8/29/2014 8:06am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2014 8:07am
enketchum wrote:
This is going to make the West Coast SX Series superior to East Coast. People who want to compete in a slower championship are going to...
This is going to make the West Coast SX Series superior to East Coast. People who want to compete in a slower championship are going to race East Coast because there will be more new riders there....

Garbage
Yes, because new riders have proven that they suck so badly these days when they advance from the amatuer ranks. (ie; AC was abysmal in his first SX)

Not sure I quite agree with your logic (but I understand that you Cali guys are always trying to find an example of how superior the West coast is)
TallonT911
8/29/2014 8:14am
enketchum wrote:
This is going to make the West Coast SX Series superior to East Coast. People who want to compete in a slower championship are going to...

Garbage
Squid-mom wrote:
Yes, because new riders have proven that they suck so badly these days when they advance from the amatuer ranks. (ie; AC was abysmal in his...
Yes, because new riders have proven that they suck so badly these days when they advance from the amatuer ranks. (ie; AC was abysmal in his first SX)

Not sure I quite agree with your logic (but I understand that you Cali guys are always trying to find an example of how superior the West coast is)
How did you possibly get that he was trying to say that the West coast is superior?

His post makes sense, only the "veterans" of the class will be able to compete on the West coast, while the rookies will be forced to race the East. Yes, AC came out and won his first SX race, but how often does that really happen?
albythizzle
8/29/2014 8:41am
Never have been a fan of arenacrash, not sure how an A rider could benefit from this. If they do well in AX and not SX they still are not making money. Pro moto is a dog eat dog world, IMO if you think you can run with them and have all the am points to do it, have at it!
TeamGreen
8/29/2014 8:42am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2014 8:43am
The OLD SYSTEM SUCKED...people that DID NOT belong on the track were getting licenses...not cool. Some of those unqualified riders sent other riders to the hospital...seen it, been there, NOT COOL.

The New System is in-place to make sure that people that end up on the SX track...are qualified.
albythizzle
8/29/2014 11:05am
TeamGreen wrote:
The OLD SYSTEM SUCKED...people that DID NOT belong on the track were getting licenses...not cool. Some of those unqualified riders sent other riders to the hospital...seen...
The OLD SYSTEM SUCKED...people that DID NOT belong on the track were getting licenses...not cool. Some of those unqualified riders sent other riders to the hospital...seen it, been there, NOT COOL.

The New System is in-place to make sure that people that end up on the SX track...are qualified.
I see this point as well. I guess only time will tell.

Post a reply to: RacerX clears up Road to Supercross

The Latest