7/29/2015 6:10am
Haha ooooooh, good one. Cool
bvm111
7/29/2015 6:10am
Tongue

Now that's funny right there!!!
h&m_cycle
7/29/2015 6:15am
250 C ? Nothing wrong that, could be loaded with 2 stroke 250's. Wonder if Weege giggled like a school girl while typing it...SillyWhistling

The Shop

DC
7/29/2015 6:24am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 6:25am
Weege didn't giggle when he typed it but I did...

You guys need to relax. No one who has ever competed here before at any level, even pee-wees, can run the C class. We do our best to pull out sandbaggers, but some new young riders are very fast learners.

Funny thing: we get beat up for having this C class, and get beat up for NOT having a Vet B/C class. If you're here racing at any level, you're having a pretty good time. If not, it's easy to find faults from afar. Either way, the racing goes on, and it's good.

DC
MX Sports
7/29/2015 6:38am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 6:41am
DC wrote:
Weege didn't giggle when he typed it but I did... You guys need to relax. No one who has ever competed here before at any level...

You guys need to relax. No one who has ever competed here before at any level, even pee-wees, can run the C class. We do our best to pull out sandbaggers, but some new young riders are very fast learners.

Funny thing: we get beat up for having this C class, and get beat up for NOT having a Vet B/C class. If you're here racing at any level, you're having a pretty good time. If not, it's easy to find faults from afar. Either way, the racing goes on, and it's good.

DC
MX Sports
isn't +30 B/C a B/C class?
huck
7/29/2015 6:48am
DC wrote:
Weege didn't giggle when he typed it but I did... You guys need to relax. No one who has ever competed here before at any level...

DC
MX Sports
isn't +30 B/C a B/C class?
Yes, and former pro racers are allowed to race in it.
DC
7/29/2015 7:05am
No, it's not Vet B/C anymore, it's limited to riders who have never scored a point at a national or supercross. The AMA and MX Sports can't police every local race going back to the seventies to find "expert" or A riders, but we can weed out everyone who ever scored points. The old system was keeping guys from racing locally (see other threads about that) because simply racing every weekend often gives vets enough points to be expert, when they really weren't. We can use The Vault to find AMA Supercross and Motocross results, but we don't know what happened at Chicken Licks in the eighties. As a result, we channelled former pros (Renner, Parker, Reynard, Tortelli, Sheak, Carsten, Boyesen...) into specific classes: +25, +35, +45.... It's the best we can do to make it fair and also reflective of the fastest vets in the country. We will revisit it after this week with everyone and see how it went; so far, good.

DC
MX Sports
oshow
7/29/2015 7:15am
DC wrote:

DC
MX Sports
Damn great racing. And I count my LL trips as top 5 in my all time best times ever...

And I'm not famous but I've done some stuff
h&m_cycle
7/29/2015 7:22am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 9:56am
My only change would be more classes are needed...
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
7/29/2015 7:33am
250c...BRANDONS FIRST RACE
hillbilly
7/29/2015 8:07am
I know what happened at chicken licks in the 70s and lickskillet ,things that I'm not proud of but fun nonetheless.
Meister
7/29/2015 9:45am
Yeah, not a fan of ex pros in +30..
peelout
7/29/2015 10:03am
lol at people talking shit on the C class at Loretta's. they earned the right to be there and they'll be in the next class next year.

i'm thinking most of the guys talking shit are the same ones that were going off in the "Posers" thread last week.
h&m_cycle
7/29/2015 10:27am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 10:32am
peelout wrote:
lol at people talking shit on the C class at Loretta's. they earned the right to be there and they'll be in the next class next...
lol at people talking shit on the C class at Loretta's. they earned the right to be there and they'll be in the next class next year.

i'm thinking most of the guys talking shit are the same ones that were going off in the "Posers" thread last week.
I agree, as long as a rider that is "under the RPV required for class advancement at the beginning of the year"
the rider should be allowed to at least stay in said class, example "C class" till after the Nationals...

I started A thread and thought it was ironic that the "B class" was faster then the Pro Sport...

Austin Forkner or Chase Sexton can't help it if they're on first class equipment and "that fast"...

I think it's pretty damn stupid if your big enough, mature enough and fast enough and 16 enough to move

from Super Mini to "B class" instead of "A class"... For Christ Sakes Football Players leave College early for

the draft... But then again this is none of my business...

Once a pond a time a great young rider would have the points needed and be ready to go pro the week after

turning 16... http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Some-Loretta-Classes-are-…

Toste
Fantasy
794th
7/29/2015 10:44am
I've never bought into all the "octopus" bullshit, but something about racerxonline mocking Vital members (even if only in jest) in defense of MX Sports does kind of rub me the wrong way.

No matter where we all come down on C classes at LL's, can't we all agree that the anti-C crowd does have some legitimate points? The very fact that sandbagging needs "policing" is hard proof that certain aspects of the system are upside down.
IceMan446
7/29/2015 11:53am
I find it hilarious.

Everyone here is so quick to speak their minds, looks like the RacerX guys can dish it out as well.
Camp332
7/29/2015 11:57am
peelout wrote:
lol at people talking shit on the C class at Loretta's. they earned the right to be there and they'll be in the next class next...

You know it Bro. Plus I bet those talkin all this shit don't even lift!
Camp332
7/29/2015 12:05pm
Just heard the kid on the podium in the 250C moto(finished 2nd) say "I been racing for 9 years! and finally I made it here"

That's some good shit!
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/29/2015 12:16pm
Camp332 wrote:
Just heard the kid on the podium in the 250C moto(finished 2nd) say "I been racing for 9 years! and finally I made it here" That's...
Just heard the kid on the podium in the 250C moto(finished 2nd) say "I been racing for 9 years! and finally I made it here"

That's some good shit!
Tongue True "C" class rider!
Toste
Fantasy
794th
7/29/2015 12:49pm
IceMan446 wrote:
I find it hilarious.

Everyone here is so quick to speak their minds, looks like the RacerX guys can dish it out as well.
To me, it reads like someone on their staff has his "rabbit ears" on over this issue. If the opinions here are so off base, then why give them the time of day?
The Rock
7/29/2015 1:13pm
peelout wrote:

Camp332 wrote:
You know it Bro. Plus I bet those talkin all this shit don't even lift!
Only morans don't lift bro
DC
7/29/2015 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 2:01pm
Rabbit ears? No, it's me, I have been a member for a long time. I posted that as a joke with my friends here. I understand the legitimate questions people have and I have been answering them since a kid named Jeremy McGrath won in 1987. Same questions, same concerns, same answers, same sense of humor.
No one riding the C class here has ever raced an AMA Amateur National before in any class. That's the rule, and we follow it. If you disagree, that's fine. But me joking on Instagram that it's the "preferred class of Vital MX" wasn't meant for you, it was meant for people who actually know me, and have a sense of humor.
Look at how many threads are on here about this class; look how many were here last year; and the last year... The rule works for this race program and the people here participating and enjoying their week. It obviously doesn't work on Vital MX, but that's okay. We will try harder either way, and move forward.

DC
MX Sports
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
7/29/2015 2:05pm
Nothing like having fun with humorless people around.
IceMan446
7/29/2015 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2015 2:16pm
Toste wrote:
To me, it reads like someone on their staff has his "rabbit ears" on over this issue. If the opinions here are so off base, then...
To me, it reads like someone on their staff has his "rabbit ears" on over this issue. If the opinions here are so off base, then why give them the time of day?
I dont think its about being so far off base, I think at some point you when "jab jab" as Matthes would say, you get a "jab jab" back.

That was their "jab jab" at the vital contingent that doesn't agree with the classes at LL's.

And for that, I find it funny.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
7/29/2015 2:48pm
For crying out loud, keep in mind how small this community is. It's less than people are attuned to anything and more that nothing can be missed in family this small.
kkawboy14
7/29/2015 2:51pm
DC wrote:
Rabbit ears? No, it's me, I have been a member for a long time. I posted that as a joke with my friends here. I understand...
Rabbit ears? No, it's me, I have been a member for a long time. I posted that as a joke with my friends here. I understand the legitimate questions people have and I have been answering them since a kid named Jeremy McGrath won in 1987. Same questions, same concerns, same answers, same sense of humor.
No one riding the C class here has ever raced an AMA Amateur National before in any class. That's the rule, and we follow it. If you disagree, that's fine. But me joking on Instagram that it's the "preferred class of Vital MX" wasn't meant for you, it was meant for people who actually know me, and have a sense of humor.
Look at how many threads are on here about this class; look how many were here last year; and the last year... The rule works for this race program and the people here participating and enjoying their week. It obviously doesn't work on Vital MX, but that's okay. We will try harder either way, and move forward.

DC
MX Sports
I thought it was funny and deserved!
Toste
Fantasy
794th
7/29/2015 2:51pm
DC wrote:
Rabbit ears? No, it's me, I have been a member for a long time. I posted that as a joke with my friends here. I understand...

DC
MX Sports
I get that the rule "works" for your race program. Your event is a resounding success. I don't think anyone disputes that. If I were in your position, I'm not sure I'd want to change anything either. But I think it's fair to ask whether a system built toward success of events like yours doesn't come at the expense of the sport in a general sense (especially where local racing is concerned).

I also get that you were joking. I even said as much in my first post. Some of the guys here are shitheads who deserve all the grief they get from industry folk, but on this topic, I think people have decent arguments that are coming from a place of genuine concern for the sport.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
7/29/2015 2:56pm
Toste wrote:
I get that the rule "works" for your race program. Your event is a resounding success. I don't think anyone disputes that. If I were in...
I get that the rule "works" for your race program. Your event is a resounding success. I don't think anyone disputes that. If I were in your position, I'm not sure I'd want to change anything either. But I think it's fair to ask whether a system built toward success of events like yours doesn't come at the expense of the sport in a general sense (especially where local racing is concerned).

I also get that you were joking. I even said as much in my first post. Some of the guys here are shitheads who deserve all the grief they get from industry folk, but on this topic, I think people have decent arguments that are coming from a place of genuine concern for the sport.
I'm not tracking the argument that the way Loretta's is run comes at the expense of the sport in any sense, let alone whatever the "general sense" means with respect to local racing.
Tpog496
7/29/2015 2:57pm
Toste wrote:
To me, it reads like someone on their staff has his "rabbit ears" on over this issue. If the opinions here are so off base, then...
You're coming off as a major douche. I'm sure you're a nice guy and we would get along, so this is just an fyi. But it was an obvious joke by DC. Why wouldn't they have C class there? It's a reason for a ton of people to spend more money on the sport. There are way more C class riders locally here than A/B combined in the 250 classes. Giving those people a goal to set their sights on only helps out the sport and doesn't harm it in any way other than the fact that they open themselves up to ridicule from the ass hats on vital.

Post a reply to: Racer X's Vital MX feature

The Latest