Racer X Online Revamped and Restaffed for 2011

Weege
1/3/2011 4:13am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:42pm
Here's a PR outlining the changes to our site and staff for 2011--going to be a great year!
- weigandt

Racer X Online Site and Staff Revamped, Reloaded and Ready for 2011

Morgantown, W.Va. - Filter Publications, publisher of industry-leading print and online publications Racer X Illustrated and Racer X Online, is ramped for the new year with a dynamic new website and heavily-bolstered staff, with sights set on once again revolutionizing motocross and supercross racing coverage in 2011.

The new Impulse Studios-designed Racer X Online and Racer X mobile sites were launched yesterday, and are designed to deliver industry-leading content efficiently, with an emphasis on bigger and better photos and video and mobile compatibility. An all-star cast will deliver the goods, led by Racer X founder Davey Coombs in his role as Editor in Chief. Jason Weigandt, Senior Editor of Racer X Illustrated, also becomes Editor of Racer X Online. And in a major addition, the team is excited to announce the return of multimedia personality and pundit Steve Matthes, who rejoins the Racer X staff as Editor at Large, teaming with race-winning rider and motocross humorist David Pingree in that position.

The multimedia squad is stronger than ever, too, with industry ace Simon Cudby as Senior Shooter, Matt Francis leading Racer X Films, and Photo Editor Andrew Fredrickson joining the race coverage team. The Medium Creative Group's Garth Milan and Ryan Cooley lend shooting and editorial skills. Newcomer Chase Stallo serves as Online Content Manager, and Billy Ursic continues as Managing Editor of Racer X Illustrated, the monthly publication that will benefit completely from the revamped staff. Veteran Motorsports journalist Eric Johnson also remains on board to provide his unrivaled brand of historical pieces and interviews.

"Now is the time for Racer X Online to grab another gear and move even further ahead with our pit-reporting, our race coverage, our film work, Twitter feeds, Facebook, and everything else we do to show our loyal readership all that's going on in the sport we love," said Coombs. "Media is in a constant state of evolution, and so is Racer X Online. Our team loves being out front with our information and presentation, which is why we are constantly moving forward."

At the heart of the new Racer X Online strategy is a plan to completely revolutionize the way races are covered each weekend online, with an unrivaled crew of editorial and multimedia staff delivering the best news and content.

Racer X is pushing the pace in every online avenue. In association with Swedish developers Turborilla, Racer X will release the iPhone/iPod/iPad version of the critically acclaimed side-scrolling video game Mad Skills Motocross, on Jan 10. (Learn more at racerxonline.com/madskillsmotocross.) Racer X boasts over 215,000 fans on Facebook and nearly 15,000 followers on Twitter, with the numbers climbing every day. All told, the Racer X team continues to grow as the leading edge of the sport, promising the best in motocross and supercross news, photos and video across every major media platform.

Lock in www.racerxonline.com for the best coverage in your sport.

|
Whitey
1/3/2011 4:23am
Hey Jason,

Has Feld given you a sign to be on standby incase they decide to bring the webcast back?
Weege
1/3/2011 4:30am
For sure. If it comes back, I'll be ready.
pancho
1/3/2011 5:32am
Weege wrote:
For sure. If it comes back, I'll be ready.
I sure hope it does
KAWboy14
1/3/2011 5:48am
did most of the people that were working for free get tired of working for free so they needed new people who would work for free?

The Shop

alphado
1/3/2011 6:58am
Weege, do you still have that 6 foot tall trophy?
Weege
1/3/2011 8:31am
Nah, we all got paid for doing the webcast at SX, no freebies. Maybe that was the problem! But I can tell you I enjoyed getting paid for the last six years and have a solid gold house as proof.

Alpha, i just moved out of my old house and transporting that trophy was SUCH a pain. But oh so worth it!
testuser
1/3/2011 8:33am
Did you really take Alph out just to win that trophey?
yosmithy
1/3/2011 8:36am
I'm not bitter that RacerX didn't hire me for my artistic talents, I'm just pissed.

Trust me, you'll all Rue the Day for that decision...
alphado
1/3/2011 9:50am
testuser wrote:
He didn't take me out, he brought a bunch of Racer X thugs to do his dirty work.

Weege
1/3/2011 9:52am
Yup, had one dude from England, one from Australia, and a few yanks. I think it was 5 on one that day. Good times!
Torco1
1/3/2011 9:55am
testuser wrote:
alphado wrote:
He didn't take me out, he brought a bunch of Racer X thugs to do his dirty work. [img]https://www.yamaboy.com/gallery/albums/userpics/alphadocrashcheaters%5B1%5D.gif[/img]
He didn't take me out, he brought a bunch of Racer X thugs to do his dirty work.

The Ol' Racer X surround and drop move, I've seen it a hundred times.
BLAHBLAH
1/3/2011 10:06am
Weege, since your the "senior editor," does that mean Matthes and Ping are your bitches?

Keep up the good work RacerX, the website looks awesome and the Mag is as relevant today as ever...
Weege
1/3/2011 10:27am
You are absolutely positively 100% correct. They are my bitches. 2001 is going to ROCK!
CrashMaster
1/3/2011 10:34am
Weege wrote:
You are absolutely positively 100% correct. They are my bitches. 2001 is going to ROCK!
And thats the bottom line...Blink
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/3/2011 10:35am
Three posts from Weege here in one day? I'm notifying the press.
BLAHBLAH
1/3/2011 10:56am
Weege wrote:
Excuse me Mr. Senior Editor it's 2011.... But since you called them your bitches, I'll let it slide.
ocscottie
1/3/2011 11:02am
Weege, our Saturday nights just arent going to be the same without you and Holley. THE worst decision of the year!
Weege
1/3/2011 11:19am
Yes, you're right, I meant 2011. Wonder how many other areas I have messed that up in.
P
1/3/2011 11:27am
Weege wrote:
Here's a PR outlining the changes to our site and staff for 2011--going to be a great year! - weigandt Racer X Online Site and Staff...
Here's a PR outlining the changes to our site and staff for 2011--going to be a great year!
- weigandt

Racer X Online Site and Staff Revamped, Reloaded and Ready for 2011

Morgantown, W.Va. - Filter Publications, publisher of industry-leading print and online publications Racer X Illustrated and Racer X Online, is ramped for the new year with a dynamic new website and heavily-bolstered staff, with sights set on once again revolutionizing motocross and supercross racing coverage in 2011.

The new Impulse Studios-designed Racer X Online and Racer X mobile sites were launched yesterday, and are designed to deliver industry-leading content efficiently, with an emphasis on bigger and better photos and video and mobile compatibility. An all-star cast will deliver the goods, led by Racer X founder Davey Coombs in his role as Editor in Chief. Jason Weigandt, Senior Editor of Racer X Illustrated, also becomes Editor of Racer X Online. And in a major addition, the team is excited to announce the return of multimedia personality and pundit Steve Matthes, who rejoins the Racer X staff as Editor at Large, teaming with race-winning rider and motocross humorist David Pingree in that position.

The multimedia squad is stronger than ever, too, with industry ace Simon Cudby as Senior Shooter, Matt Francis leading Racer X Films, and Photo Editor Andrew Fredrickson joining the race coverage team. The Medium Creative Group's Garth Milan and Ryan Cooley lend shooting and editorial skills. Newcomer Chase Stallo serves as Online Content Manager, and Billy Ursic continues as Managing Editor of Racer X Illustrated, the monthly publication that will benefit completely from the revamped staff. Veteran Motorsports journalist Eric Johnson also remains on board to provide his unrivaled brand of historical pieces and interviews.

"Now is the time for Racer X Online to grab another gear and move even further ahead with our pit-reporting, our race coverage, our film work, Twitter feeds, Facebook, and everything else we do to show our loyal readership all that's going on in the sport we love," said Coombs. "Media is in a constant state of evolution, and so is Racer X Online. Our team loves being out front with our information and presentation, which is why we are constantly moving forward."

At the heart of the new Racer X Online strategy is a plan to completely revolutionize the way races are covered each weekend online, with an unrivaled crew of editorial and multimedia staff delivering the best news and content.

Racer X is pushing the pace in every online avenue. In association with Swedish developers Turborilla, Racer X will release the iPhone/iPod/iPad version of the critically acclaimed side-scrolling video game Mad Skills Motocross, on Jan 10. (Learn more at racerxonline.com/madskillsmotocross.) Racer X boasts over 215,000 fans on Facebook and nearly 15,000 followers on Twitter, with the numbers climbing every day. All told, the Racer X team continues to grow as the leading edge of the sport, promising the best in motocross and supercross news, photos and video across every major media platform.

Lock in www.racerxonline.com for the best coverage in your sport.

You and Michael Richards brothers............I hope that you don't handle RacerX on-line like he handles his stand-up shows............. ShockedUnsureWink

P
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
1/3/2011 12:09pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Weege, since your the "senior editor," does that mean Matthes and Ping are your bitches? Keep up the good work RacerX, the website looks awesome and...
Weege, since your the "senior editor," does that mean Matthes and Ping are your bitches?

Keep up the good work RacerX, the website looks awesome and the Mag is as relevant today as ever...
I think you meant Matthes, Ping, and DC?Cool
Weege
1/3/2011 12:15pm
My deal is a little different than Richard's, I try to offend all people equally instead of picking out specifics.

Right now I just have Ping and Matthes under me. Gonna be some time before it's DC. But look how popular I am just for finally posting on here!
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
1/3/2011 12:19pm
HA! Just kidding on the last one. Giiiiiddy up!Silly
BLAHBLAH
1/3/2011 12:32pm
Weege wrote:
My deal is a little different than Richard's, I try to offend all people equally instead of picking out specifics. Right now I just have Ping...
My deal is a little different than Richard's, I try to offend all people equally instead of picking out specifics.

Right now I just have Ping and Matthes under me. Gonna be some time before it's DC. But look how popular I am just for finally posting on here!
Welcome to the dark side....

Your 2012 resolution will surely be to stay off of Vital.
alphado
1/3/2011 12:46pm
Weege, leave me that trophy in your will!
BKiller
1/3/2011 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2011 2:03pm
I'm not sure I would be out bragging about the new website today. Thing has been glitchy and failing for over a week!

Highsider
1/3/2011 2:10pm
BKiller wrote:
I'm not sure I would be out bragging about the new website today. Thing has been glitchy and failing for over a week! [IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/BKIller_2006/RacerXFail.jpg[/IMG]
I'm not sure I would be out bragging about the new website today. Thing has been glitchy and failing for over a week!

Yeah...I got that a couple of times.

Figured they are still tweaking the site, but in the middle of the day??
race
1/3/2011 2:43pm
BKiller wrote:
I'm not sure I would be out bragging about the new website today. Thing has been glitchy and failing for over a week! [IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/BKIller_2006/RacerXFail.jpg[/IMG]

Since the Weege is on here ... some FYI

I also got the same error a couple times using Google Chrome ver 8.0.552.224 but no problem so far with I.E. 7.0 .

Not thrilled with the new site look so far ... but maybe it'll grow on me.
DC
1/3/2011 2:58pm
Sorry, we have been making tweaks as we go.

DC
MX Sports
Sparkalounger
1/3/2011 3:24pm
i still miss the site they had 4 years ago... seemed simple and to the point.
jonesaustin
1/6/2011 7:51am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2011 7:51am
not having the live webcast is a huge loss to the sport, imo. would rather listen to Jason and Holley then see it live on TV to be honest. pretty depressing, particularly for this season! wish there was a way.

rj

Post a reply to: Racer X Online Revamped and Restaffed for 2011

The Latest