Racer X Films: Pala on a Tuesday

GD2
Fantasy
815th
|
BAD10
5/4/2017 5:44pm
Love it! No stupid music..........just pure moto! Thumbs up.
kawirider819
5/4/2017 5:50pm
Hoping a mart gels with the ktm as much as he did with the Yamaha. Watch out if he does.
Naanak
5/4/2017 6:12pm
Raw outdoor videos make this the best time of the year.

The Shop

mx510
Fantasy
1744th
5/4/2017 8:43pm
Are they testing out there? I don't see how any data they could obtain there would really be relevant to an outdoor national. Cool video, looks fun, just wondering what teams are trying to accomplish out there. Genuine question, not being a smart ass.
5/4/2017 9:13pm
mx510 wrote:
Are they testing out there? I don't see how any data they could obtain there would really be relevant to an outdoor national. Cool video, looks...
Are they testing out there? I don't see how any data they could obtain there would really be relevant to an outdoor national. Cool video, looks fun, just wondering what teams are trying to accomplish out there. Genuine question, not being a smart ass.
You would have to ride it to understand. You aren't going to find any tracks that get rougher by mid morning with out races being held.
5/4/2017 9:15pm
mx510 wrote:
Are they testing out there? I don't see how any data they could obtain there would really be relevant to an outdoor national. Cool video, looks...
track looked pretty good... deep in spots, rough in spots and stiff competition to judge off of.

There is no way to replicate a national... without holding a national
Sully
5/4/2017 9:18pm
Is Cantrell going pro at Hangtown, or is he waiting until after Loretta's?
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
5/4/2017 9:22pm
The competition angle I totally get. There was someone on Pulp I believe this week that basically said what I said about the tracks (it was a rider). He said that he was actually able to get some testing in at Zaca because the ripped it deep and watered it. Just an observation, I have never been to Pala so all I have to go off of is the videos.
KBOLTZ
5/4/2017 9:57pm
mx510 wrote:
You would have to ride it to understand. You aren't going to find any tracks that get rougher by mid morning with out races being held.
Except good ole Glen Helen on a Thursday end of day.
Bultaco
5/5/2017 4:25am
Love it. Just plain riding. No sfx, instrumental or lifestyle distractions.
nc_mx_kid
5/5/2017 9:56am
mx510 wrote:
Pala along with other socal tracks do get beat up and rough afternoon however the MAJORITY of riders/pros leave before 1pm.... I've seen the Pro Circuit guys and a few other teams/racers wait til 1pm to show up to start riding/testing so they are fresh and the tracks already broken in bc pala in the am is a "Freeway"
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/5/2017 10:59am
mx510 wrote:
nc_mx_kid wrote:
Pala along with other socal tracks do get beat up and rough afternoon however the MAJORITY of riders/pros leave before 1pm.... I've seen the Pro Circuit...
Pala along with other socal tracks do get beat up and rough afternoon however the MAJORITY of riders/pros leave before 1pm.... I've seen the Pro Circuit guys and a few other teams/racers wait til 1pm to show up to start riding/testing so they are fresh and the tracks already broken in bc pala in the am is a "Freeway"
It's relevant to an outdoor national because the dirt is deep on the "Pro" track. It sets up much like many national tracks do- especially late in the day when the ruts form. Pala and Glen Helen are probably the best options for the factories to test on.
ob
5/5/2017 12:34pm
They rip Pala really really deep on tuesdays this time of year. They know what the teams like and that's how they prep it. If you don't race A class you won't be riding it very well, if you even try. That's is why they have the vet track, for all the other people that don't make their living racing moto.
c0ncEpT
5/5/2017 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2017 1:05pm
I just think California "rough" is a lot different than almost every other region of the US because of how hard the ground typically is.

I'd like to check it out one day actually. I'm sure I would be like a fish out of water coming from the sand and dark wet soil we have over here.
ob
5/5/2017 2:12pm
c0ncEpT wrote:
I just think California "rough" is a lot different than almost every other region of the US because of how hard the ground typically is. I'd...
I just think California "rough" is a lot different than almost every other region of the US because of how hard the ground typically is.

I'd like to check it out one day actually. I'm sure I would be like a fish out of water coming from the sand and dark wet soil we have over here.
It's very soft, sand actually. Not soutwick but still fairly sandy. It cracks me up when people think California tracks are hard packed. Maybe in the eighties but not anymore.

Post a reply to: Racer X Films: Pala on a Tuesday

The Latest