RV's penalty invalid?

mojoman42
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2013 7:18am
So I decided to look through the rule book, and these are what penalties are allowed:

• Warning
• Fine
• Lap deductions or finishing position deductions
• Time and/or point penalties
• Disqualification
• Suspension
• Probation not exceeding 12 months from the date of offence

They also misspelled offense, but that's neither here nor there. The point is that the AMA can't hand out a penalty mid-race, they can only deduct positions from the finishing order. They weren't following their own rules when they let RV take his penalty during the restart. If I was any other team, I'd be raising hell.
|
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
3/4/2013 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 4:30pm
I say we RIOT!!!!

get your pitch forks! Evil
peelout
3/4/2013 4:32pm
the point is the official is the guy that makes the call.

it is his decision on what the penalty is going to be.

continuous bitching is not going to change the outcome.

the official decided he was going to be docked 3 positions on the restart. that's that. let it go.
mx317
3/4/2013 4:32pm
Like keys dropped in hot lava, just let it go, just let it go.
motomike137
3/4/2013 4:34pm
Might want to check out Websters dictionary on that alleged spelling error moj Smile I do agree that they should have docked him after the finish of the race though.

The Shop

Crush
3/4/2013 4:37pm
peelout wrote:
the point is the official is the guy that makes the call. it is his decision on what the penalty is going to be. continuous bitching...

the official decided he was going to be docked 3 positions on the restart. that's that. let it go.
Yeah but Peely it should be made to the rules that exist...

Not just make them up as they go. It's why they have no credibility because they don't work to their rules, they have a track record of it.
Cigaro
3/4/2013 4:39pm
Amazing how that worked out. If I was Davi's team or any other team for that matter I would be pissed...
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
3/4/2013 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 4:52pm
You know....
In some or most other sports,questions like what are being posted would have been asked/addressed at some sort of press conference held after the race or even a couple days later.Or they would have at least released a statement of explanation within a reasonable amount of time.Our sport is watched globally by many and the ball is in the court of the AMA/FIM to address this stuff somewhat swiftly & in a professional manner. But it is almost like they take it as,nothing to see here move along kiddies. Smile Not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill but I don't get the AMA/FIM at times.
They could almost use incidents like these to help the sport in a sense,even in a growing marketing sense.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
3/4/2013 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 5:03pm
Has any Moto journo asked WTF to any AMA officia?
TFS did once..... Smile
"see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil"

downard254
3/4/2013 5:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 5:08pm
I just watched the race incident again and when RV passed Stewart after the restart, the camera in the corner showed two waving yellow flags and a red cross flag being held broad and stationary with the downed rider in the corner just getting back on his bike. There is no doubt that RV passed on a red cross flag. If I knew how to post the 20 or so seconds showing that part from you tube I would, but I'm somewhat computer illiterate. Maybe someone else could post a link showing the clip in question.
mojoman42
3/4/2013 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 5:14pm
Might want to check out Websters dictionary on that alleged spelling error moj :) I do agree that they should have docked him after the finish...
Might want to check out Websters dictionary on that alleged spelling error moj Smile I do agree that they should have docked him after the finish of the race though.
Ha, looks like you're right, I guess that is accepted as an alternate spelling. That's what I get for being a smart ass.
Cigaro
3/4/2013 5:15pm
I can't wait for this incident to happen again to someone else other that RV n see what some have to say about it... Whistling
72kiteboarder
3/4/2013 5:21pm
Cigaro wrote:
I can't wait for this incident to happen again to someone else other that RV n see what some have to say about it... Whistling
I am sure they will red flag the race, ask the offender if he wants his penalty now or at the end of the race and the single file restart, just to be fair.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/4/2013 5:27pm
I am sure they will red flag the race, ask the offender if he wants his penalty now or at the end of the race and...
I am sure they will red flag the race, ask the offender if he wants his penalty now or at the end of the race and the single file restart, just to be fair.
I'm sure you're killing it on sarcasm. But on the reality side? Not so much. Smile
Top End
3/4/2013 5:29pm
The red cross and yellow flag where put in place to help the downed rider. It is unfortunate that some rides have to take advantage of these situations. I'm glad the AMA noticed what RV did. To bad they failed to dish out the penalty correctly thus making it meaningless. This is most evident on what happen later in the race when RV passed JS after another red cross was out. Whats really going to suck is when no one adheres to the flags and someone ends up hitting a downed rider.
DV-67
3/4/2013 9:39pm
Top End wrote:
The red cross and yellow flag where put in place to help the downed rider. It is unfortunate that some rides have to take advantage of...
The red cross and yellow flag where put in place to help the downed rider. It is unfortunate that some rides have to take advantage of these situations. I'm glad the AMA noticed what RV did. To bad they failed to dish out the penalty correctly thus making it meaningless. This is most evident on what happen later in the race when RV passed JS after another red cross was out. Whats really going to suck is when no one adheres to the flags and someone ends up hitting a downed rider.
Exactly. And when that happens will the offending rider only get docked three positions on the re-start?
Cook441
3/4/2013 9:56pm
mojoman42 wrote:
So I decided to look through the rule book, and these are what penalties are allowed: • Warning • Fine • Lap deductions or finishing position...
So I decided to look through the rule book, and these are what penalties are allowed:

• Warning
• Fine
• Disqualification
• Suspension

They also misspelled offense, but that's neither here nor there. The point is that the AMA can't hand out a penalty mid-race, they can only deduct positions from the finishing order. They weren't following their own rules when they let RV take his penalty during the restart. If I was any other team, I'd be raising hell.
post the rules on those crazy new restarts we have been seeing....I suspect there is something in there discussing placement in the line up based on where the rider finishes on red flag. Thats the loop hole I suspect.

I say they bring back the backwards start...I loved seeing those
dak446
3/4/2013 10:28pm
Top End wrote:
The red cross and yellow flag where put in place to help the downed rider. It is unfortunate that some rides have to take advantage of...
Spot on
Cigaro
3/4/2013 10:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 10:56pm
Top End wrote:
What I got from the Pulp show seems that they don't want to fuck up a championship run for one of the top guys or just don't want it to come down to some penalty enforced. As far as I'm concerned fuck the championship when it comes to a riders well being. WTF has to happen before the AMA start enforcing their shit instead of making up shit as it goes?

They need to be just like Nascar and quit giving special treatment to the so called seat fillers. I don't care who says what about sponsors n people in the background, politics are everywhere. A top 5 guy landing on another top 5 guy? WTF would they do then? They need to grow some balls and stick to their rulebook. Maybe then their so called rules would make riders be a little more aware of things

Sry. Didn't mean to quote your post.
mx757
3/4/2013 11:01pm
Top End wrote:
dak446 wrote:
Spot on
Not only that, but he did the same thing last year, and got away with it. The AMA simply refuses to penalize anyone in any way that may make the championship less interesting. remember fuelgate?
dkg
3/5/2013 12:02am
Here's a novel idea, the Race Director can just impose a points penalty anytime it seems the points race is getting too lopsided so that interest is being affected. Just reset everyone back to zero periodically. Oh wait, they are already adjusting the points chase on a whim. Sick
markit
3/5/2013 12:14am
He was docked 3 places and that's not enough! even if they had docked him after the race it likely would have been a a few or 3 second deal.
3/5/2013 1:01am
Finally a race with some passing,although mostly by Villopoto,and it's marred by controversy,stirred up more by AMA's officials,the situation isn't exactly new either,they should have the rules a lot more solid by now

17 minutes of Main event racing followed by days and maybe weeks of repercussions,the descision could turn out crucial when it comes down to the Championship

RV got off light,maybe he should have gone to the back of the feild,
3/5/2013 1:53am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 1:54am
Rule books are good just don't piss off the title sponsor(money)...

TerryK
3/5/2013 6:48am
peelout wrote:
the point is the official is the guy that makes the call. it is his decision on what the penalty is going to be. continuous bitching...

x1000
purpleNurple
3/5/2013 7:07am
The key word here is SHOW. It is purely a show for Feld to make money.
motokid40
3/5/2013 7:09am
these restarts are new, first one in the 450's, let them sort it out. On the second incident, why was the red cross flag even out? the guy wasn't layed out or anything, remounting shouldn't be a red cross flag event.
3/5/2013 7:54am
mojoman42 wrote:
So I decided to look through the rule book, and these are what penalties are allowed: • Warning • Fine • Lap deductions or finishing position...

• Warning
• Fine
• Disqualification
• Suspension

When a red flag is flown that is the end of the race not a "time out" until it restarts, and on the restart that is a second separate race. So technically, they did access his penalty at the end of the first race.
toroP
3/5/2013 8:04am
When a red flag is flown that is the end of the race not a "time out" until it restarts, and on the restart that is...
When a red flag is flown that is the end of the race not a "time out" until it restarts, and on the restart that is a second separate race. So technically, they did access his penalty at the end of the first race.
Now that's just sillySmile So who won the first race? How many points did James get for winning your 3 lap race?

you are joking, right........Dry

Post a reply to: RV's penalty invalid?

The Latest