RV vs. MC

downard254
Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 8:34pm
Ok, I'm getting the same feeling now as I did back in '96. I don't hate RV, but I'm getting to the point where I don't even care to watch the rest of the SX season. I'll still watch, but with much less enthusiasm. It's not RV's fault, but we're halfway through the season and what 28 point lead. Like the MC era, he demoralizes everyone early and cruises to the win and the title. Am I the only one feeling this way, or do some of you guys GET what I'm saying here. Guess I'm just spoiled and want to see a tight battle for the title all the way to Vegas.

Alright, commence the pounding on my post.
|
3/10/2014 3:39am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 3:41am
I wouldn't really say RV has dominated as much this year as other years, he's had a bit of luck go his way to get that 28 point lead with every other major contender having a dnf.

I would say he dominated last year with the amount of wins he had
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
3/10/2014 4:05am
We'll miss him when he's gone... I miss MC, RC, and I'm sure as hell gonna miss RV, JS, and CR when they retireSad . Sorry to use so many initials.Smile
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
3/10/2014 4:06am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 4:07am
downard254 wrote:
Ok, I'm getting the same feeling now as I did back in '96. I don't hate RV, but I'm getting to the point where I don't...
Ok, I'm getting the same feeling now as I did back in '96. I don't hate RV, but I'm getting to the point where I don't even care to watch the rest of the SX season. I'll still watch, but with much less enthusiasm. It's not RV's fault, but we're halfway through the season and what 28 point lead. Like the MC era, he demoralizes everyone early and cruises to the win and the title. Am I the only one feeling this way, or do some of you guys GET what I'm saying here. Guess I'm just spoiled and want to see a tight battle for the title all the way to Vegas.

Yeah, I am with you on this. Combine RV's dominance with that crappy track and it was a really boring race. I usually get up sunday morning and watch the rest of it on the dvr, but this time I got up washed my bikes, changed fork seals, etc... until there was nothing else to do then watched it, and almost fell asleep again. Pretty sad when the most exciting thing to happen was the Barcia/M.Stewart incident.
rcm406
3/10/2014 4:54am
RV is nowhere near MC status as far as dominating! He had 10 wins last year because all the top guys were injured. This year everyone was healthy and he only has 3 wins. RV is the best at managing a C'ship though and his decision making is top notch, while others not so much!

The Shop

davistld01
3/10/2014 6:52am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 6:54am
I had a feeling that RV would bust a holeshot and check out at Daytona. It's his kind of track. But, I don't see him doing any more of that in the remaining races this year. The comp is just too tough, and several riders have proven that they have his number on more than one occasion. I don't expect Stewie to win the crown (too far down), but I do see him winning a couple more. Dungey will win at least one more... as will Roczen (maybe two). I expect Poto to win one too before the dust clears, but it's not going to be a "boring" season...especially to the degree it was when McGrath was putting it down.
downard254
3/10/2014 8:22am
Yea, I wasn't trying to compare MC to RV in actual dominance, but I'm feeling like the season is already over. Yes I know anything can happen, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Now I'm just counting the days to the start of the outdoors. I prefer that over supercross anyway.
zippy895
3/10/2014 8:25am
somebody is getting complacent up in here.
Outsider
3/10/2014 8:41am
It's a long way from over... I do think that wins for RV might come a little easier now as the other guys are probably going to be a little less likely to take chances with the points lead being what it is. Ryan may be more likely to make a mistake while trying to bring it home though too.
Uncleof2
3/10/2014 9:16am
rcm406 wrote:
RV is nowhere near MC status as far as dominating! He had 10 wins last year because all the top guys were injured. This year everyone...
RV is nowhere near MC status as far as dominating! He had 10 wins last year because all the top guys were injured. This year everyone was healthy and he only has 3 wins. RV is the best at managing a C'ship though and his decision making is top notch, while others not so much!
Why do you have to always diminish RV1's accomplishments. The top six riders last year were RV1, DM18, RD5, JB51, CR22,and TC41 and only CR22 and TC41 missed one race. JS7 who won 1 race last year missed the final 3 races. These
guys all have injuries during the year and there was always at least 3 of these guys on the line in every race. I think RV1 earned his 10 wins, he trains hard, and does what it takes to win championships. If you think MC would have won as much
as he did with CR22, JS7, RD5, DM18, JB51, TC41, and RV1 on the line then more power to you, I don't think he would have.
MC was always my favorite rider and Jeff Stanton number 2, but in my opinion I think MC is alright with RV running his #'s,
#1 and #2. Go RV1Woohoo
rcm406
3/10/2014 9:50am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 10:00am
rcm406 wrote:
RV is nowhere near MC status as far as dominating! He had 10 wins last year because all the top guys were injured. This year everyone...
Uncleof2 wrote:
Why do you have to always diminish RV1's accomplishments. The top six riders last year were RV1, DM18, RD5, JB51, CR22,and TC41 and only CR22 and...
Why do you have to always diminish RV1's accomplishments. The top six riders last year were RV1, DM18, RD5, JB51, CR22,and TC41 and only CR22 and TC41 missed one race. JS7 who won 1 race last year missed the final 3 races. These
guys all have injuries during the year and there was always at least 3 of these guys on the line in every race. I think RV1 earned his 10 wins, he trains hard, and does what it takes to win championships. If you think MC would have won as much
as he did with CR22, JS7, RD5, DM18, JB51, TC41, and RV1 on the line then more power to you, I don't think he would have.
MC was always my favorite rider and Jeff Stanton number 2, but in my opinion I think MC is alright with RV running his #'s,
#1 and #2. Go RV1Woohoo
2011, 2012, 2013, IMO MC & RC would have dominated more if they were racing the James and Chad of those years. Now with that said, I know RV works hard and he has earned all his accomplishments! This year is a different story, if he wins the c'ship and I'm pretty sure he will, I will change my tuneWink but as you can see, he's not nearly as dominate with a healthy field!

Get back to me when he has a 13 or 14 win season in SX and or goes 24-0 in outdoors! Now that's dominant!
rcm406
3/10/2014 9:56am
rcm406 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
Why do you have to always diminish RV1's accomplishments. The top six riders last year were RV1, DM18, RD5, JB51, CR22,and TC41 and only CR22 and...
#1 and #2. Go RV1Woohoo
rcm406 wrote:
2011, 2012, 2013, IMO MC & RC would have dominated more if they were racing the James and Chad of those years. Now with that said...
2011, 2012, 2013, IMO MC & RC would have dominated more if they were racing the James and Chad of those years. Now with that said, I know RV works hard and he has earned all his accomplishments! This year is a different story, if he wins the c'ship and I'm pretty sure he will, I will change my tuneWink but as you can see, he's not nearly as dominate with a healthy field!

Get back to me when he has a 13 or 14 win season in SX and or goes 24-0 in outdoors! Now that's dominant!
I forgot! WoohooWoohooWoohoo
Outsider
3/10/2014 10:11am
Uncleof2 wrote:
#1 and #2. Go RV1Woohoo
rcm406 wrote:
2011, 2012, 2013, IMO MC & RC would have dominated more if they were racing the James and Chad of those years. Now with that said...

rcm406 wrote:
RV is beating a healthy James Bubba Stewart this year... pretty handily too.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/10/2014 10:14am
rcm406 wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
RV is beating a healthy James Bubba Stewart this year... pretty handily too.
JS7 is beating JS7 more than anyone else. Like always............
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/10/2014 10:15am
downard254 wrote:
Ok, I'm getting the same feeling now as I did back in '96. I don't hate RV, but I'm getting to the point where I don't...

I will say overall career wise RV has passed MC.
peelout
3/10/2014 10:17am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 10:18am
rcm406 wrote:
what top guys were injured last year during RV's 10 wins? maybe i'm watching different races.

i will agree he was much more dominant last year (in race wins), but because of the huge points deficit last year he wasn't as comfortably in the lead as he is now. to watch him absolutely destroy everyone at Daytona WITH a 23 point lead already established just shows he isn't backing this thing in and switching to championship mode.

the competition has been tougher than ever this year, more winners than in the past, RV only has 3 wins and he already has a 28 point lead. pretty impressive if you ask me.
pilotdude
3/10/2014 10:18am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 10:21am
rcm406 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
#1 and #2. Go RV1Woohoo
rcm406 wrote:

So winning 18 out of 24 motos last year was not dominant enough for you huh? McGrath ever do that?

If RV wins the supercross championship this year, he will be 2nd all time in major championships won. 2nd only to RC.

Ahead of Stewart, Reed, McGrath, Stanton, Bayle, Ward, Bailey, Johnson, Barnett, O'Mara, or any other rider in the history of our sport.

So get back to me when you grow a fucking brain.

Edit: Forgot he is 4-0 in the MXdN as well.
Uncleof2
3/10/2014 10:21am
rcm406 wrote:

I don't think MC or RC would have beat jS7 or CR22 on the nights they won in those years anymore than RV1. I'm not going
to diminish the accomplishments of 2 great champions by stating the obvious to your last stinkbait statement. When RV1's
career is over I think he will be ranked in the top 5 all time with more championships than anyone. but RC, now that's pretty
dominant. Go RV1WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
jeffro503
3/10/2014 10:27am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 10:28am
Uncleof2 wrote:
#1 and #2. Go RV1Woohoo
rcm406 wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
Yeah.....because all the championships he has racked up don't matter I guess?

You always find the negatives in RV's career.....and totally overlook the positives. Gotta try and knock him down on a fucking MX message board because " Your " favorite rider has failed to deliver. Keep living in LaLa land there brotha.
rcm406
3/10/2014 10:30am
rcm406 wrote:
peelout wrote:
what top guys were injured last year during RV's 10 wins? maybe i'm watching different races. i will agree he was much more dominant last year...
what top guys were injured last year during RV's 10 wins? maybe i'm watching different races.

i will agree he was much more dominant last year (in race wins), but because of the huge points deficit last year he wasn't as comfortably in the lead as he is now. to watch him absolutely destroy everyone at Daytona WITH a 23 point lead already established just shows he isn't backing this thing in and switching to championship mode.

the competition has been tougher than ever this year, more winners than in the past, RV only has 3 wins and he already has a 28 point lead. pretty impressive if you ask me.
I guess you missed James' torn ACL at the 1st round and Chad coming in not fully recovered from his 2012 crash like he has said on many occasions?
rcm406
3/10/2014 10:33am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 10:34am
Uncleof2 wrote:
#1 and #2. Go RV1Woohoo
rcm406 wrote:

pilotdude wrote:
So winning 18 out of 24 motos last year was not dominant enough for you huh? McGrath ever do that? If RV wins the supercross championship...
So winning 18 out of 24 motos last year was not dominant enough for you huh? McGrath ever do that?

If RV wins the supercross championship this year, he will be 2nd all time in major championships won. 2nd only to RC.

Ahead of Stewart, Reed, McGrath, Stanton, Bayle, Ward, Bailey, Johnson, Barnett, O'Mara, or any other rider in the history of our sport.

So get back to me when you grow a fucking brain.

Edit: Forgot he is 4-0 in the MXdN as well.
Oh Geez, another internet tough guy!Tongue It's so pathetic that my opinion of your rider gets you so riled up! btw, I'm quoting pilotdude, not you uncle
peelout
3/10/2014 10:34am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 10:36am
rcm406 wrote:
peelout wrote:
what top guys were injured last year during RV's 10 wins? maybe i'm watching different races. i will agree he was much more dominant last year...

rcm406 wrote:
I guess you missed James' torn ACL at the 1st round and Chad coming in not fully recovered from his 2012 crash like he has said...
I guess you missed James' torn ACL at the 1st round and Chad coming in not fully recovered from his 2012 crash like he has said on many occasions?
He had 10 wins last year because all the top guys were injured.
I guess you missed James' torn ACL at the 1st round and Chad coming in not fully recovered

ah so we get to the bottom of it.

JS7 injured ACL. but if i remember correctly, James finished the year out and even nailed down a win.

Reed not in shape does not equal injury.

what about everyone else? you did say "all the top guys were injured"
rcm406
3/10/2014 10:35am
rcm406 wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah.....because all the championships he has racked up don't matter I guess? You always find the negatives in RV's career.....and totally overlook the positives. Gotta try...

You always find the negatives in RV's career.....and totally overlook the positives. Gotta try and knock him down on a fucking MX message board because " Your " favorite rider has failed to deliver. Keep living in LaLa land there brotha.
Oh geez, internet tough guy #2! reference response to pilotdude!Tongue
rcm406
3/10/2014 10:42am
peelout wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
I guess you missed James' torn ACL at the 1st round and Chad coming in not fully recovered from his 2012 crash like he has said...
peelout wrote:
[b]He had 10 wins last year because all the top guys were injured.[/b] [b]I guess you missed James' torn ACL at the 1st round and Chad...
I guess you missed James' torn ACL at the 1st round and Chad coming in not fully recovered

JS7 injured ACL. but if i remember correctly, James finished the year out and even nailed down a win.

That was all the top guys! You really think DM18 is a top guy? and yes can you believe James actually won a race with a torn ACL, unbelievable isn't it!Woohoo
pilotdude
3/10/2014 10:50am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 10:50am
rcm406 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah.....because all the championships he has racked up don't matter I guess? You always find the negatives in RV's career.....and totally overlook the positives. Gotta try...

rcm406 wrote:
Oh geez, internet tough guy #2! reference response to pilotdude!Tongue
It seems to me that you are the one acting like an "Internet tough guy" with your "get back to me" crap. Care to respond to the FACTS?

No, didn't think so.
Gym Briggs
3/10/2014 10:52am
MC level of competition wasn't where it was for RV or RC. Those 2 had way stiffer competition than MC. Competition wise the sport was at its lowest point. Then RC came to the big boy class!
jeffro503
3/10/2014 11:35am
rcm406 wrote:
peelout wrote:
[b]He had 10 wins last year because all the top guys were injured.[/b] [b]I guess you missed James' torn ACL at the 1st round and Chad...

rcm406 wrote:
That was all the top guys! You really think DM18 is a top guy? and yes can you believe James actually won a race with a...
That was all the top guys! You really think DM18 is a top guy? and yes can you believe James actually won a race with a torn ACL, unbelievable isn't it!Woohoo
You really think DM18 is a top guy?

?? You can't be serious here. Haha....wow! Dude I don't even know what to say. If you think RV has had a " walk in the park " with all his championships.....I seriously don't know what to say. When we lose riders after A1......the season actually started as one of the most stacked fields ever. It's been like this for a few years. I'm not sure what races you are watching man.....but it sure isn't the same ones everyone else is.
jeffro503
3/10/2014 11:36am
rcm406 wrote:
peelout wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
That was all the top guys! You really think DM18 is a top guy? and yes can you believe James actually won a race with a...
BTW....MC won 7 ( yeah 7 ! ) SX championships with NO ACL in one knee!
rcm406
3/10/2014 11:49am
peelout wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
BTW....MC won 7 ( yeah 7 ! ) SX championships with NO ACL in one knee!
Did he tear it at round 1 of 1993 and then went on to win the c'ship? No Einstein, he didn't! Here's a question for ya, what year did he tear his ACL? That should be an easy one for ya. There's plenty of guys racing with no ACL, but after they rehab it for about a year.Huh
Uncleof2
3/10/2014 1:33pm
I get why RC labeled JS7 " The fastest man on the planet", not because RC or MC or CR or RV couldn't go as fast, but because they wouldn't. I respect the mad skills and the all out speed of one of the best riders of all time, JS7, but there is
more to SX and Outdoors than wins. Championships is where it's at and you have to manage a championship. I'm not
saying RV1 will win this SX championship because I have been around long enough to know that anything can and will
happen is SX. He will manage these next seven races just like RC did in 05 and 06. Take a win if it presents itself or take
a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th if it doesn't. I don't think anyone is going to win out, so any of those finishes should be good enough
to secure his 4th straight championship. Go RV1Woohoo
rcm406
3/10/2014 2:04pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
I get why RC labeled JS7 " The fastest man on the planet", not because RC or MC or CR or RV couldn't go as fast...
I get why RC labeled JS7 " The fastest man on the planet", not because RC or MC or CR or RV couldn't go as fast, but because they wouldn't. I respect the mad skills and the all out speed of one of the best riders of all time, JS7, but there is
more to SX and Outdoors than wins. Championships is where it's at and you have to manage a championship. I'm not
saying RV1 will win this SX championship because I have been around long enough to know that anything can and will
happen is SX. He will manage these next seven races just like RC did in 05 and 06. Take a win if it presents itself or take
a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th if it doesn't. I don't think anyone is going to win out, so any of those finishes should be good enough
to secure his 4th straight championship. Go RV1Woohoo
I agree with ya. That's what I said in my first post. Aside from being very talented, I think RV's greatest asset is his decision making and being able to take full advantage of his competitors misfortune. RV is very smart racer! He has basically taken RC's blueprint and worked it to perfection! I also think RVs trainer is his secret weapon, well maybe not so secret!Wink
IMO, letting Baker get away was the worst decision James ever made in his career! How do you go 24-0 2008 in MX and the following year win 11 SX races and the c'ship and then get rid of your trainer! He hasn't been the same since!

Post a reply to: RV vs. MC

The Latest