RV starts to be comfortable in Euro

Edited Date/Time 11/25/2014 1:10am
A smiling RV here with TC and the new euro rocket Brian Hsu @ the FIM press conference in Jerez De La Fronteira,Spain.

|
Outsider
11/23/2014 12:34pm
It's on... like Donkey Kong...
machine
11/23/2014 12:36pm
You wouldn't see him smiling like that at a US press conference...good to see
oshow
11/23/2014 1:20pm
I want to see him mad. Mad and focused.

That wouldn't be good for his competitors

The Shop

machine
11/23/2014 1:29pm
oshow wrote:
I want to see him mad. Mad and focused.

That wouldn't be good for his competitors
I'm sure that smile will disappear when the first gate drops, or when AC beats him the first time..lol
me_da_racer
11/23/2014 1:43pm
What's the deal with so many top pro guy, RV, RC, MC...., always fighting weight? lol
TeamGreen
11/23/2014 1:46pm
Does anyone think he'll start out like he does in SX...? You know, let everyone-else go nuts...get crazy...then, as the dust settles...Win, Win, Win...?
Rdubs19
11/23/2014 1:58pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Does anyone think he'll start out like he does in SX...? You know, let everyone-else go nuts...get crazy...then, as the dust settles...Win, Win, Win...?
Yeah I think that's most likely. Villopoto's strength is that he doesn't hate to lose, not in the way that RC did. RV can go home and sleep at night without getting first in every race. He has the killer instinct to win, but he doesn't let that overcome his judgement. I think some of it comes naturally and some was learned the hard way on the floor of the Edward Jones dome. He wants it as bad as anymore, probably as much as anyone, he's a lot like RC in that regard, but he won't kill himself to win one race, something RC didn't learn until he was near the end of his career.
malachi177
11/23/2014 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2014 4:07pm
Rdubs19 wrote:
Yeah I think that's most likely. Villopoto's strength is that he doesn't hate to lose, not in the way that RC did. RV can go home...
Yeah I think that's most likely. Villopoto's strength is that he doesn't hate to lose, not in the way that RC did. RV can go home and sleep at night without getting first in every race. He has the killer instinct to win, but he doesn't let that overcome his judgement. I think some of it comes naturally and some was learned the hard way on the floor of the Edward Jones dome. He wants it as bad as anymore, probably as much as anyone, he's a lot like RC in that regard, but he won't kill himself to win one race, something RC didn't learn until he was near the end of his career.
Blink ...This past year for sure. All the previous years you're way off the mark. He hated to lose. He'd yard sale just to get the win. This year he took in down a notch and was scary consistent.
Sunhouse
11/23/2014 5:13pm
He can't take that chance, because the first few rounds are outside of europe, and the tracks are similar to american tracks. Especially UAE and argentina. He needs those wins and points for the Euro-rounds, where AC will have an advantage of knowing the tracks and consitions. And AC has to get no less than 2nd in those rounds if he is going to be able to catch up to RV when they go to Europe
Zracer
11/23/2014 5:28pm
TeamGreen wrote:
If he has the opportunity to gap guys he will. If its not there, he wont. I think he will be steady at Losail and Thailand without setting the barn ablaze.
Zracer
11/23/2014 5:30pm
Sunhouse wrote:
He can't take that chance, because the first few rounds are outside of europe, and the tracks are similar to american tracks. Especially UAE and argentina...
He can't take that chance, because the first few rounds are outside of europe, and the tracks are similar to american tracks. Especially UAE and argentina. He needs those wins and points for the Euro-rounds, where AC will have an advantage of knowing the tracks and consitions. And AC has to get no less than 2nd in those rounds if he is going to be able to catch up to RV when they go to Europe
You do realize that after years of sx, where its a new track every week, RV can learn a track in about 5 minutes right?
11/23/2014 5:34pm
Sunhouse wrote:
He can't take that chance, because the first few rounds are outside of europe, and the tracks are similar to american tracks. Especially UAE and argentina...
Zracer wrote:
You do realize that after years of sx, where its a new track every week, RV can learn a track in about 5 minutes right?
True but he is racing guys who already know these tracks from racing them all the years RV was racing SX. Theres still a disadvantage when its your first time racing on a track against people who have raced it for years.
Sunhouse
11/23/2014 5:42pm
In sx the track is new to everyone. The Euro GP rounds are very familiar to his toughest competitors, so I think it would be wise to try to get wins and max points where you can. I'm sure he already knows this though
Outsider
11/23/2014 5:45pm
Rdubs19 wrote:
Yeah I think that's most likely. Villopoto's strength is that he doesn't hate to lose, not in the way that RC did. RV can go home...
malachi177 wrote:
:blink: ...This past year for sure. All the previous years you're way off the mark. He hated to lose. He'd yard sale just to get the...
Blink ...This past year for sure. All the previous years you're way off the mark. He hated to lose. He'd yard sale just to get the win. This year he took in down a notch and was scary consistent.
When has he "yardsaled" again?

That is common thing I hear about Villopoto.. and not true. He crashed in St. Louis and then where?
Gringoe
11/23/2014 5:59pm
If rv says learning the tracks isn't one of his major concerns why is it everyone else's? He is going to give ac every inch he can take, just hope the top 5 stays healthy. If they stay healthy I think it will be more exciting than the usa 450 class.
Suns_PSD
11/23/2014 6:58pm
Those Euro tracks are TOUGH. They don't even look fun to ride. Balls to the wall doesn't work most of the time.
My money is on RV, but just barely.
holeshot413
Fantasy
1687th
11/23/2014 7:05pm
machine wrote:
You wouldn't see him smiling like that at a US press conference...good to see
I was thinking the same thing. Seeing him smile a lot lately can only be good for himself and family
Alex
11/23/2014 8:14pm
If any American can do the damage in the global series it's Ryan. Blazingly fast and knows when to ride a little more steady. Super aggressive but has the throttle control to ride hardpack. He's very well organised already, making all the right moves to get ready. I think he's gonna be lethal in the title chase If he doesn't get injured
11/23/2014 8:29pm
Not buying into the home field track advantage. if the top guys only get to see these tracks once a year and then ride hundreds of other tracks in between there is no way they remember every bump, jump , and rut that forms. And even though track "layouts" stay pretty close, there is always many changes within the layouts.
Not to mention weather conditions will make each track further unique to that years event.
I think Ryan will be just fine. But If he gets beat by AC or anyone else....its because they were better than him that day.
machine
11/23/2014 8:30pm
Outsider wrote:

That is common thing I hear about Villopoto.. and not true. He crashed in St. Louis and then where?
Don't mind him, he's a JS fan...projecting....Grinning
oshow
11/23/2014 8:35pm
TeamGreen wrote:
In my mind right now he never finishes out of the top three over there.

With second and thirds being rare..
cable
11/23/2014 8:48pm
bike setup will be his challenge
malachi177
11/23/2014 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2014 9:47pm
Outsider wrote:

machine wrote:
Don't mind him, he's a JS fan...projecting....Grinning
Whoa easy RV huggers. I was defending RV...for fox creekPinch . Reading comprehension helps. I'm an RD fan btw machine!! Outsider, last year was his most consistent year keeping it on two wheels. Other then St.Louis? Seriously...? It's true. He went down a fair bit trying to not lose. A1 two years ago...twice for example. There were plenty more. He still won the championships but took a lot of risks. Last year he toned it down and took what he could get. Didn't push it and take unnecessary risks. As I originally said....he was scary consistent. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers!Woohoo
PalerBlue
11/23/2014 10:49pm
Not buying into the home field track advantage. if the top guys only get to see these tracks once a year and then ride hundreds of...
Not buying into the home field track advantage. if the top guys only get to see these tracks once a year and then ride hundreds of other tracks in between there is no way they remember every bump, jump , and rut that forms. And even though track "layouts" stay pretty close, there is always many changes within the layouts.
Not to mention weather conditions will make each track further unique to that years event.
I think Ryan will be just fine. But If he gets beat by AC or anyone else....its because they were better than him that day.
All very true. Add to that the fact that the team will also have "base" settings for each of the "known" tracks to help with things. He'll be just fine. Will he win it all? That what makes it interesting!
TMV
11/23/2014 11:29pm
Not a single one is from 2014.

In order, Anaheim 1 2013, Las Vegas 2012, Anaheim 1 2013 and Anaheim 1 2012. I'm sure he was a lovely smiling kid when he was 8.

BOOM!
Outsider
11/23/2014 11:41pm
TMV wrote:
Not a single one is from 2014. In order, Anaheim 1 2013, Las Vegas 2012, Anaheim 1 2013 and Anaheim 1 2012. I'm sure he was...
Not a single one is from 2014.

In order, Anaheim 1 2013, Las Vegas 2012, Anaheim 1 2013 and Anaheim 1 2012. I'm sure he was a lovely smiling kid when he was 8.

BOOM!
Don't worry.. I'm sure he'll be smiling when he wins the MXGP title... LOL Wink
TMV
11/23/2014 11:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2014 11:56pm
I hope so, I'm bored of Cairoli's too long reign.
daveoevo
11/24/2014 12:14am
Just to confirm how a mx gp runs.
Saturday they get a 20min free practice, 20 min timed training to decide gate picks before a 20min plus 2 lap qualifying race.
Then on sunday they have 15 min free practice in the morning before the two mxgp races.
I dont think RV is learning the track is going to be a issue. The more relaxed time schedule may even help him assessing the track as it develops over the weekend.
I am very much looking forward to going to a few gp's next year to see some great racing.

Post a reply to: RV starts to be comfortable in Euro

The Latest