RV racing GP's will not change anything.

500guy
Edited Date/Time 10/3/2014 12:01pm
The GP's will not suddenly gain market share in the USA and the places that have low attendance in GP's will still be low.

Sure 1-2K more of us will tune in , that's it.

Also Dude lets not forget RV hasn't even lined up there yet.
|
steed 2.0
10/2/2014 9:45am
"Also Dude lets not forget RV hasn't even lined up there yet" Millsaps?
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
10/2/2014 9:50am
RV is basically doing an outdoor only contract. I'm not sure how comparable his salary will be, but i.e. he will be working less hours in the year for the same or more money. Pretty smart, i wonder why more haven't decided to do it.
hvaughn88
10/2/2014 10:02am
burn1986 wrote:
RV is basically doing an outdoor only contract. I'm not sure how comparable his salary will be, but i.e. he will be working less hours in...
RV is basically doing an outdoor only contract. I'm not sure how comparable his salary will be, but i.e. he will be working less hours in the year for the same or more money. Pretty smart, i wonder why more haven't decided to do it.
Is that accurate? I was under the impression that this was part of fulfilling his current contract, and supercross wasn't even an option due to the knee injury. So I don't know that an hours-to-hours work comparison would be accurate, if that's the case. Someone with more knowledge than me feel free to come in and correct/set me straight.

The Shop

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
10/2/2014 10:06am
burn1986 wrote:
RV is basically doing an outdoor only contract. I'm not sure how comparable his salary will be, but i.e. he will be working less hours in...
hvaughn88 wrote:
Is that accurate? I was under the impression that this was part of fulfilling his current contract, and supercross wasn't even an option due to the...
Is that accurate? I was under the impression that this was part of fulfilling his current contract, and supercross wasn't even an option due to the knee injury. So I don't know that an hours-to-hours work comparison would be accurate, if that's the case. Someone with more knowledge than me feel free to come in and correct/set me straight.
YeahI'm still looking over his contracts '14 and '15, as well as my comparison study. Once I crunch the numbers I'll get back to you. Wink
mxnick
10/2/2014 10:08am
500guy wrote:
The GP's will not suddenly gain market share in the USA and the places that have low attendance in GP's will still be low. Sure 1-2K...
The GP's will not suddenly gain market share in the USA and the places that have low attendance in GP's will still be low.

Agreed.

And I think its safe to say that RV is certainly one of the fastest guys out there, but he does not have the type of personality that draws in fans, such as McGrath, Kdub or others who helped to fill seats and sell tickets.
hvaughn88
10/2/2014 10:08am
burn1986 wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Is that accurate? I was under the impression that this was part of fulfilling his current contract, and supercross wasn't even an option due to the...
burn1986 wrote:
YeahI'm still looking over his contracts '14 and '15, as well as my comparison study. Once I crunch the numbers I'll get back to you. Wink
I'll have my secretary send over the particulars. We are a bunch of idiots, haha
ATKpilot99
10/2/2014 10:27am
500guy wrote:
The GP's will not suddenly gain market share in the USA and the places that have low attendance in GP's will still be low. Sure 1-2K...

Are you kidding ? They're selling luxury boxes in Qatar as we speak.
Sully22
10/2/2014 10:59am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2014 11:00am
I'm no RV fan, not a hater at all either, I believe he's one of the best to ever throw a leg over a SX or MX bike. To say he's not going to make that much of a difference in US market share....yeah, I don't see that, Im gonna say there will be a significant jump in both US and world viewership of the gp's.
endoh935
10/2/2014 11:07am
Sully22 wrote:
I'm no RV fan, not a hater at all either, I believe he's one of the best to ever throw a leg over a SX or...
I'm no RV fan, not a hater at all either, I believe he's one of the best to ever throw a leg over a SX or MX bike. To say he's not going to make that much of a difference in US market share....yeah, I don't see that, Im gonna say there will be a significant jump in both US and world viewership of the gp's.
i got to agree with you sully..if those in charge of marketing over there, will surely maximise RV's participation..RV will be representing, not only his US sponsors but the whole of America.
peelout
10/2/2014 11:11am
500guy wrote:

geeze dude, who pissed in your cheerios this week?
sc961
10/2/2014 11:44am
500guy wrote:

RV racing the GP's could certainly change the outlook of current top level riders over there..
At least it should.
Lined up or not, the bar is already raised.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/2/2014 11:47am
Sorry, Jay, but I beg to differ. Will there be more interest in the GPs on both sides of the pond with a top American champ racing? I'd say yes.
O___o
10/2/2014 11:52am
Villopoto/Rattray 2015

I'm Ready for Ryan.
500guy
10/2/2014 12:28pm
GuyB wrote:
Sorry, Jay, but I beg to differ. Will there be more interest in the GPs on both sides of the pond with a top American champ...
Sorry, Jay, but I beg to differ. Will there be more interest in the GPs on both sides of the pond with a top American champ racing? I'd say yes.
More interest yes absolutely , I'm just pointing out that some seem to think it's another bid by Luongo to take over the Sport in America.
Multiple USGP's , USA riders flocking to race GP's and GP's doubling in attendance.

and Peely nobody pissed in my Cherios , it's just reality not some online fantasy.
Gringoe
10/2/2014 12:32pm
If you think this will only bring 1-2k more viewers you are huffing paint
500guy
10/2/2014 12:37pm
Gringoe wrote:
If you think this will only bring 1-2k more viewers you are huffing paint
Look at their Advertised attendance and viewer numbers and tell me again what you think.

There probably isn't even that many fans, that's what happens when you start out with a lie.
huck
10/2/2014 12:42pm
GuyB wrote:
Sorry, Jay, but I beg to differ. Will there be more interest in the GPs on both sides of the pond with a top American champ...
more interest by who? A very small percentage of the people...

1. I have a friend that has gone to several SX and MX races. He watches them on TV too. I told him yesterday that RV was racing in Europe. He could care less. I'd consider him a normal fan...

2. I told my father that RV was going to Europe this year after winning 5 SX titles in a row. He said...maybe Jimmy Stewart will get to win now. He could care less. I'd consider him less than a normal fan...

3. I'll watch the GP if it's convenient. I won't go out of my way and sit in front of my computer to watch it on the weekends. If I can DVR it, I'll watch it midweek at night. I'd consider myself an above average fan...

10/2/2014 12:44pm
There are plenty of fans, and the fact Rv is gonna contest this says a lot to their market.

1-2k? Aye...dont be so isolated and get out more, there is a whole world out there away from your little bubble. There are a lot of moto fans out there, especially oversees. This might be a game changer and Rv might be helping in such a way that not only our sport will grow but suddenly more of our best riders will get on the world stage and contest the gp's
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/2/2014 12:46pm
huck wrote:
more interest by who? A very small percentage of the people... 1. I have a friend that has gone to several SX and MX races. He...

1. I have a friend that has gone to several SX and MX races. He watches them on TV too. I told him yesterday that RV was racing in Europe. He could care less. I'd consider him a normal fan...

2. I told my father that RV was going to Europe this year after winning 5 SX titles in a row. He said...maybe Jimmy Stewart will get to win now. He could care less. I'd consider him less than a normal fan...

3. I'll watch the GP if it's convenient. I won't go out of my way and sit in front of my computer to watch it on the weekends. If I can DVR it, I'll watch it midweek at night. I'd consider myself an above average fan...

Could care less means you could care less.

Couldn't care less means you couldn't care less.

I think I know which one you were trying to say, but you failed. Smile
Ardfarkl
10/2/2014 12:49pm
500guy wrote:

peelout wrote:
geeze dude, who pissed in your cheerios this week?
Didn't piss in them, just dropped the danglies in the milk 4 or 5 times.
huck
10/2/2014 12:50pm
huck wrote:
more interest by who? A very small percentage of the people... 1. I have a friend that has gone to several SX and MX races. He...

GuyB wrote:
Could care less means you could care less. Couldn't care less means you couldn't care less. I think I know which one you were trying to...
Could care less means you could care less.

Couldn't care less means you couldn't care less.

I think I know which one you were trying to say, but you failed. Smile
I could care less if I failed.... Tongue
endoh935
10/2/2014 1:01pm
There are plenty of fans, and the fact Rv is gonna contest this says a lot to their market. 1-2k? Aye...dont be so isolated and get...
There are plenty of fans, and the fact Rv is gonna contest this says a lot to their market.

1-2k? Aye...dont be so isolated and get out more, there is a whole world out there away from your little bubble. There are a lot of moto fans out there, especially oversees. This might be a game changer and Rv might be helping in such a way that not only our sport will grow but suddenly more of our best riders will get on the world stage and contest the gp's
agree..it's all about growth & exposure..
10/2/2014 1:13pm
GuyB wrote:
It will for me. Ive never paid to watch any FIM GP's Ive even had a hard time watching their crap coverage on TV. Sounded like this was a 1 year deal and then he retires? Either way GO RYAN
Fat Fingers
10/2/2014 2:09pm
Does this mean when you take out Supercross, World Championship > US National Championship.

In my mind, this is definitely the case. Much more gruelling, different track types, faster riders.
davistld01
10/2/2014 3:28pm
GuyB wrote:
I agree, absolutely. I am suddenly a Ryan Villopoto fan, and that's a first. I think a lot of people who wouldn't turn off a checkers championship to watch a Grand Prix event in the past will be very interested to see what he can do over there. If he ends up beating Cairoli and the rest in a few events...be prepared for a gigantic upswing in interest.
10/2/2014 3:32pm
I know ill be visiting 3 more gps than last year just to watch RV in action think many more will either doubt loungo is arsed about people watching on the Internet that's pennies compared to a ticket for a gp
10/2/2014 3:41pm
GuyB wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
I agree, absolutely. I am suddenly a Ryan Villopoto fan, and that's a first. I think a lot of people who wouldn't turn off a checkers...
I agree, absolutely. I am suddenly a Ryan Villopoto fan, and that's a first. I think a lot of people who wouldn't turn off a checkers championship to watch a Grand Prix event in the past will be very interested to see what he can do over there. If he ends up beating Cairoli and the rest in a few events...be prepared for a gigantic upswing in interest.
I agree with these 2 guys. I am suddenly much more interested in learning who the top GP guys are now.
I, too, now am an RV fan. No doubt, I will make every effort to see these races, whereas before, I had little interest.
FlaNard
10/2/2014 3:48pm
I'll likely read about the results online. But I already did that anyway. I'm still 50/50 on whether or not this is a cash grab by Ryan. If he looks like he is in shape and means business I might let myself care more. For now, its a big wait and see.
Mr. Info
10/2/2014 4:18pm
You have to win races and lead the points before they hand you the plate. How many others have tried and failed. Just saying.

Post a reply to: RV racing GP's will not change anything.

The Latest