RV let RD by...

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 4/15/2013 9:08pm
Ok...I hate to even say this, because I'm not a Villopoto fan (as some here know). But...doesn't it seem like he pretty much backed off and let Ryan Dungey have the win in Minnesota? Seriously, after those few corners of them banging bars & making contact...I swear it looked like RV stood up & checked up going into the last corner that Dungey passed him ultimately for the win.

I've watched the incident three times, and as much as I hate to admit it...I think Villopoto let Dungey go by him with no effort against him for the lead...and the win.

Hope I'm wrong. Sad
|
MXR
4/14/2013 1:49pm
It looked like Dungey was going to make the pass anyway and RV knew it .
dantheman
4/14/2013 1:50pm
He was only blocking the Dunge at that point! So of course it looks like he let the FASTER racer Win!

And I am a BIG RV fan and cheer for him to win. But at the same time I cheer for others who deserve it,
and RD earned that win.
zippy895
4/14/2013 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 1:52pm
rv explained it in his post race vid.interview.(the pass)
rv did give it his best shot to the end.(the race)
bd
4/14/2013 1:52pm
davistld01 wrote:
Ok...I hate to even say this, because I'm not a Villopoto fan (as some here know). But...doesn't it seem like he pretty much backed off and...
Ok...I hate to even say this, because I'm not a Villopoto fan (as some here know). But...doesn't it seem like he pretty much backed off and let Ryan Dungey have the win in Minnesota? Seriously, after those few corners of them banging bars & making contact...I swear it looked like RV stood up & checked up going into the last corner that Dungey passed him ultimately for the win.

I've watched the incident three times, and as much as I hate to admit it...I think Villopoto let Dungey go by him with no effort against him for the lead...and the win.

Hope I'm wrong. Sad
Ohhh my................

Please.

The Shop

davistld01
4/14/2013 2:03pm
dantheman wrote:
He was only blocking the Dunge at that point! So of course it looks like he let the FASTER racer Win! And I am a BIG...
He was only blocking the Dunge at that point! So of course it looks like he let the FASTER racer Win!

And I am a BIG RV fan and cheer for him to win. But at the same time I cheer for others who deserve it,
and RD earned that win.
Not saying he didn't...but RV quite clearly backed his charge off after RD passed . iMO, Villopoto had time to wick it up & pass Dungey or at least give it a last ditch effort. He flat didn't.
Regis
Fantasy
292nd
4/14/2013 2:06pm
RV let him pass.

But not to finish 2nd. I think he wanted to get behind Dungey to pick something up to get him back. However, Dungey was too strong last night. Dungey would have got him if he "let him" or not.
zippy895
4/14/2013 2:08pm
davistld01 wrote:
Not saying he didn't...but RV quite clearly backed his charge off after RD passed . iMO, Villopoto had time to wick it up & pass Dungey...
Not saying he didn't...but RV quite clearly backed his charge off after RD passed . iMO, Villopoto had time to wick it up & pass Dungey or at least give it a last ditch effort. He flat didn't.
*rewatch post video.*
those two were in another zip code.dungey had the track figured more than rv.
stewie94
dantheman wrote:
He was only blocking the Dunge at that point! So of course it looks like he let the FASTER racer Win! And I am a BIG...

and RD earned that win.
davistld01 wrote:
Not saying he didn't...but RV quite clearly backed his charge off after RD passed . iMO, Villopoto had time to wick it up & pass Dungey...
stop making excuses for rv
Regis wrote:
RV let him pass. But not to finish 2nd. I think he wanted to get behind Dungey to pick something up to get him back. However...
RV let him pass.

But not to finish 2nd. I think he wanted to get behind Dungey to pick something up to get him back. However, Dungey was too strong last night. Dungey would have got him if he "let him" or not.
This.

Not everyone realizes it, but sometimes the best strategy to win the race is to let the guy behind you by.
slipdog
4/14/2013 2:09pm
He's a disgrace to the sport!
bd
4/14/2013 2:09pm
dantheman wrote:

and RD earned that win.
davistld01 wrote:
He finished right behind him.....

Seriously, give RD5 his due. He shadowed RV2 the whole race. The whole fucking race
THE_NOOB
4/14/2013 2:12pm
I'm as big a RV fan as there is, but I think Dungey just outrode Villopoto last night, there's No! shame in second place and Dungey is one of the best riders there's ever been. Basically these two riders are about equal in skill, I just think Villopoto has been willing to hang it out a bit more than Dungey this season, last night it was the reverse.
bd
4/14/2013 2:12pm
Regis wrote:
RV let him pass. But not to finish 2nd. I think he wanted to get behind Dungey to pick something up to get him back. However...
RV let him pass.

TripleFive wrote:
This.

Not everyone realizes it, but sometimes the best strategy to win the race is to let the guy behind you by.
Sounds like the "Art of War"

By the way, I agree
davistld01
4/14/2013 2:13pm
Regis wrote:
RV let him pass.

TripleFive wrote:
This.

Well, it sure worked for RV, didn't it?
4/14/2013 2:16pm
Regis wrote:
RV let him pass.

TripleFive wrote:
This.

davistld01 wrote:
Well, it sure worked for RV, didn't it?
In hindsight it didn't work to win the race. But that doesn't mean that in that circumstance it wasn't the right thing to do
dantheman
4/14/2013 2:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 2:26pm
RV wants the CHAMPIONSHIP. That's what "works" for him. He's been in this position before and doesn't panic if someone else happens to be faster on any given night/day.

We're amazed what you can't easily see... RV got caught, challenged, passed and then gapped(slightly)! How you say he let the Dunge win is comical. Especially when in the interview he states exactly what went down.
zippy895
4/14/2013 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 2:44pm
dantheman wrote:
RV wants the CHAMPIONSHIP. That's what "works" for him. He's been in this position before and doesn't panic if someone else happens to be faster on...
RV wants the CHAMPIONSHIP. That's what "works" for him. He's been in this position before and doesn't panic if someone else happens to be faster on any given night/day.

We're amazed what you can't easily see... RV got caught, challenged, passed and then gapped(slightly)! How you say he let the Dunge win is comical. Especially when in the interview he states exactly what went down.
"We're amazed what you can't easily see"
welcome to the crazy house.
ChingLongBing
4/14/2013 2:51pm
So when RV leads 3/4 of the race and finally someone tracks him down and passes him the excuse is he let him by? An basically rolled over afterward? You're kidding right? Right?

Why is it that it couldn't possibly just be that someone was faster than him that night? Or is that blasphemy? Not the two time champ, couldn't ever happen.

I have plenty of respect for RV1 but some of you guys are ridiculous about it. I'm a huge Dungey fan and I can accept the fact that when RV1 grabs the win that he was just the better rider that night, more often than not over the past 2 years actually. He's not the 2 time defending champ, and probably soon to be 3 time champ for no reason.

I see the whole looking at the bigger picture idea, I really do and I'm sure he's more focused on the title but if that means that he rode tighter in order to not make a mistake and thus allowing for Dungey to be faster then so be it.

The best rider that night won, and for 5 races before that the best rider that night won those too.
sc961
4/14/2013 3:08pm
Watching from the stands, it didn't appear Villipoto "let" anyone do anything.

He rode a nice controlled race, but couldn't pull away.

Dungey had a couple of nice inside lines and gained a little every lap. Once the pass was made, Villo took it back immediately. Dungey wouldn't let up, took the lead back and pulled a bit to the checkers.

Very similar to when Villo wins coming from the pack.
early
Fantasy
2231st
4/14/2013 3:46pm
Between watching the interview and a replay of the race its looks like RV looked for a block to come from RD but it didn't and by the time he realized that dungey was off into the sunset. Those guys were banging every corner of the lap before that and that's just what he expected to happen there but dungey stuck to the inside and didn't swing out into him. Also Dungey was faster, RV would have checked out if he could.
Hank_Thrill
4/14/2013 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2013 3:53pm
I remember RV saying he was about to check up and let Reed by in Arlington last year, because the pace they were running was getting too extreme. I think last night was comparable, especially considering some of the mistakes RV was making.

Dungey earned it.
4/14/2013 3:52pm
So when RV leads 3/4 of the race and finally someone tracks him down and passes him the excuse is he let him by? An basically...
So when RV leads 3/4 of the race and finally someone tracks him down and passes him the excuse is he let him by? An basically rolled over afterward? You're kidding right? Right?

Why is it that it couldn't possibly just be that someone was faster than him that night? Or is that blasphemy? Not the two time champ, couldn't ever happen.

I have plenty of respect for RV1 but some of you guys are ridiculous about it. I'm a huge Dungey fan and I can accept the fact that when RV1 grabs the win that he was just the better rider that night, more often than not over the past 2 years actually. He's not the 2 time defending champ, and probably soon to be 3 time champ for no reason.

I see the whole looking at the bigger picture idea, I really do and I'm sure he's more focused on the title but if that means that he rode tighter in order to not make a mistake and thus allowing for Dungey to be faster then so be it.

The best rider that night won, and for 5 races before that the best rider that night won those too.
Stop making sense! Don't you know where you are? Wink
Motoxdoc
4/14/2013 3:52pm
davistld01 wrote:
Ok...I hate to even say this, because I'm not a Villopoto fan (as some here know). But...doesn't it seem like he pretty much backed off and...

Hope I'm wrong. Sad
Would you settle for stupid?
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
4/14/2013 3:57pm
So when RV leads 3/4 of the race and finally someone tracks him down and passes him the excuse is he let him by? An basically...

I agree!!! I'm also a Dungey fan, and I know that Villo is usually the faster rider, especially the last 5 races, but last night Dungey was the better racer, period. He didn't even get the start, but was able to make his way up to RV, pressure him, pass him and make it stick. RV was fast, he had the lead and clear track. We all know that's when he checks out and Dunge can't ever catch him to make the pass for the lead. RV is a competitor, the champ, he isn't just gonna let Dungey go by him after leading most of the main. Listen to his interview, he shows class and admits RD was the better rider that night! He got beat straight up, it's racing not the end of the world.
Brapp
4/14/2013 4:08pm
It was pretty obvious that RD was faster than RV and the pass was going to happen. RV played it like he should have IMO and after if became apparent that he couldn't match the speed of RD, he backed off and took 2nd. Great strategy by RV and an fantastic win by RD
observer
4/14/2013 4:44pm
Brapp wrote:
It was pretty obvious that RD was faster than RV and the pass was going to happen. RV played it like he should have IMO and...
It was pretty obvious that RD was faster than RV and the pass was going to happen. RV played it like he should have IMO and after if became apparent that he couldn't match the speed of RD, he backed off and took 2nd. Great strategy by RV and an fantastic win by RD
Right here^^
They're both heady, smart riders. Smart enough to know when it's the other guys night.
They take what the other gives. It was just my boy, Dungeys night last night. Both, phenomenal riders.
And I'd bet next Sat, it'll be Villopotos. Wink
Outsider
4/14/2013 5:06pm
davistld01 wrote:

Hope I'm wrong. Sad
Motoxdoc wrote:
Would you settle for stupid?
Laughing
smoker
4/14/2013 5:06pm
The stupidity of op is remarkable.

Post a reply to: RV let RD by...

The Latest