RV injury update!

mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
4/22/2015 12:19pm
Damn that sucks!! I think everyone wants a healthy RV fighting for GP wins. Hopefully he can at least ride with painkillers, but if that is the "right" way over a longer time period.... hmmm...
Jroc
Fantasy
2533rd
4/22/2015 12:22pm
Bummer. Pun intended.
RY4N37
4/22/2015 12:29pm
Spydee wrote:
What are his chances of racing this weekend? I was going to go to the GP this weekend as I'll be staying in Amsterdam, but I...
What are his chances of racing this weekend? I was going to go to the GP this weekend as I'll be staying in Amsterdam, but I won't bother dragging my non-moto mate along if RV is out.

Reckon he'll try practice and reassess the weekend?
You're staying in Amsterdam for Valkenswaard?
Spydee
4/22/2015 12:36pm
We were always headed to Amsterdam, just occurred to me today that the race is close by so I figured that would be an opportunity to take a detour!

The Shop

4/22/2015 12:39pm
Phuck!!! Only option for KRT now is to take back Paulin and let him win the championship..
Honda is a POS bike
Lucifa.
4/22/2015 12:43pm
He should call up Stefan Everts for some pointers.
MotoMalyDad
4/22/2015 12:55pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/04/22/88416/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img] Hummmmmm . A coincidence ?

Hummmmmm . A coincidence ?
Missed one

FB
4/22/2015 1:01pm
davistld01
4/22/2015 1:09pm
Pretty gutted for RV. This has sure not been a walk in the park so far for him...now this.

If recovery from this takes him completely out of title contention...and I'm pretty sure it will, do you still think this year will be his last?
olds cool
4/22/2015 1:16pm
TeamGreen wrote:
So, you guys are calling him "Butt Hurt"?
I just hope when the season's over he don't have to come home and tell everyone that he lost his ass on his European experience...

They just need to cut a trough out of the center of the seat foam and put the cover back on it so when it kicks up on him there's not as much pressure on the 'ole tail bone. Similar to the donut thingy above. Wink
4/22/2015 1:23pm
This sucks, i hope he's gonna be able to keep racing. And maybe this gives hime a reason to try again next year. Assault the GP's with experience and 110% prep.
4/22/2015 2:14pm
Cracked mine back in '09, has never been the same.

Absolutely nothing you can do about it and it will never heal right. Gives me problems to this day, and will the rest of my life.

Sucks "ass".

Seamorbutts
4/22/2015 2:26pm
Cracked mine in two spots when I was in my late teens. There is no way in hell he is going to be competitive even if he does race (which I doubt he will).
jamma10
4/22/2015 2:46pm
http://rv2.com/news/
Trentino Post Race Report
4/22/2015

So right after Argentina we flew back to Europe, and then the United States for a couple of days to sort out my sports Visa. While we were in America we got to see some friends and family which we’ve missed very much since we’ve been away. It was a quick visit but it was cool to be back on the home turf, haha. After that we returned to Belgium and got back into the groove of testing and training.

We flew into Milan the Friday before Trentino and drove straight to the track. Since all of the races are in Europe for the next few months, we can stay in a motorhome at the track. So that makes life a little easier. The drive itself was pretty beautiful because we’re in the Italian side of The Alps. It’s kind of like Argentina in the fact that it is amazingly beautiful. My dad and a few of our friends from California showed up too so it was good to have everyone there.

Practice went okay Saturday morning but the format of two practices, followed by timed qualifying, and then an race is a lot to get used to. Pretty soon I’m going to have to stop saying that, haha. If it were up so me, we’d do a 10-minute practice and go race. That’s one of my strong points: just being able to go out there and going racing with what you have—making it work. With the amount of time we have, if someone does have a problem they have a lot of time to work though it and get it better.

But we’re learning and adapting at each round. Obviously, I haven’t been to any of these tracks, so especially at a circuit like Arco most the guys have a setting that they know. Maybe it worked last year, maybe it didn’t. So they know which direction to go, or what not to try. We’re just showing up in the dark…

The track itself was another tough one. It’s really slippery and one-lined. Plus the layout is small which makes it that much more difficult. It’s like gloried Daytona without the Supercross jumps. Tight turns with not a lot of real estate to go to. So more than ever getting a good start was key. In the Qualifying Race everything went well. I finished fourth and I was able to grab a good gate pick going into Sunday’s motos.

In the first moto we got a decent start and were up front right away. We’ve spent the last few weeks testing and trying to get some extra power out of the motor, and it’s working. Kawasaki brought over a couple guys from Japan and Theo Lockwood, who I use to work with a lot in the States.

In the race, we were a little faster in some spots versus the other guys, but then they were a little quicker in others. Without a doubt the biggest problem was that it was a really tough place to make a pass. Basically you’re just following the leader and trying not to get blasted with roost. I ended up fourth but was only four seconds behind the leader so I felt good going into the second race.

Once again, we got a pretty good start. Not quite as good as the first moto, but we were still right there. For a while I was in third, but close to Tony. It was a little bit like a cat and mouse. He was a little quicker here, and I was a little faster there, but I couldn’t find a place to make a pass. DeSalle got into the mix and tried running it up on me on the inside down one of the hills. I should have just let him go but I swept around him on the outside. A few turns later I crashed.

Honestly, I don’t even know what happened. Everything was good, and then wham, I was on the ground. I went to the medical center and for an X-ray but they couldn’t tell me if I broke anything or not. So we packed up headed to Milan and flew back to Belgium Monday afternoon.

On Tuesday, I saw a doctor who confirmed what I didn’t want to hear: I broke my tailbone in four spots. Unfortunately, there’s nothing they can do for it, so basically, we just have to wait and let it heal. I want to race and plan on riding on Friday. After that we can make the call if we’re going to line up at Valkenswaard. Hopefully I’ll have better news here shortly… – RV
gharmon
4/22/2015 2:49pm
I injured mine about 20 years ago (didn't go to the dr for xray's) but it took forever for that bitch to quit hurting. Bad thing is it has came back in the last year (coccyx pain). I had a stepped seat on my bike and every time I rode the bike I could hardly sit in the seat on the drive home. Them little fuckers seem so small and unimportant but injure one and see..
machine
4/22/2015 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2015 2:51pm
Thanks for the update..Jamma
just James
4/22/2015 3:58pm
My guess, for what it's worth, is that he will be able to race OK with some pain medication and a local anesthetic. At least in the first moto. Come the next morning, however, I think he will have it pretty rough, pain wise.
fidiot
4/22/2015 4:09pm
The wife busted her coccyx about 7 years ago. It still bothers her.
DA498
4/22/2015 5:12pm
Last July I had a hard crash on the ass myself, Ive avoided having xrays because I heard that there was nothing they could really do, unless its fragmented. Still uncomfortable as we speak but not as bad as initially. Im afraid Ill be living with this for awhile or forever.
Didn't stop me from riding, If your going to be stupid you have to be tough I guess.
YamahaJT1
4/22/2015 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2015 5:20pm
I jacked mine up badly skateboarding years ago...

My experience and NON-MEDICAL opinion:

Evil shit happens when you damage any conduit/signal send and return path from your brain to your feet. The 'ol ass bone is a "legacy" artifact of a tail with a concentration of nerve and balance bits. When in pain from damaging it, but still trying to kick ass, other parts of musculature in the path take a hit and have to compensate. Weird pain on the inside of the thighs, shins, neck, etc. The system is out of whack. Those millions of balance bits it takes to keep righted just aren't in synchronization.

Again, I am no MD... Between flesh burns, broken arms, severe tooth aches, fractured skull, and a broken eye socket, literally busting my ass has left the worst lingering effect. My ass bone and eye socket still are "tender" after 30+ years.

Thankfully, I don't get hurt too badly playing guitar!

No small wonder there are others here with similar experience.

If RV2 soldiers on though, I'll be amazed...
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
4/22/2015 5:45pm
reded wrote:
I can't imagine riding through that. I've bruised mine badly, twice. That mfer will make you walk on water if anything touches it for at least...
I can't imagine riding through that. I've bruised mine badly, twice. That mfer will make you walk on water if anything touches it for at least 2 weeks.
Same here. It's taken me to the ground a few times. I was headed into the ER and I barely made it to the counter to hold myself up when the pain hit again. They gave me a shot of something that had me hoping off the bed feeling great!! Then it wore off. haha!
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/22/2015 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2015 5:51pm
That is an extremely painful injury but it doesn't seem like the type of injury that will keep him from racing. That will also take a looooong time to go away based on my past experience. These guys r tough as nails and I bet you they get the right kind of legal meds n him to get through the Motos because most likely some pain will be with him all season
YamahaJT1
4/22/2015 6:03pm
O.K.
Just a little pin prick
There'll be no more aaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick

Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on, it's time to go.
Stefan82
4/22/2015 6:07pm
Horrible to have Ryan injured but maybe he'll race another year, I believe in it.
Crush
4/22/2015 6:09pm
fidiot wrote:
The wife busted her coccyx about 7 years ago. It still bothers her.
Starcrossed
4/22/2015 6:13pm
Bruised the hell out of mine the first time on a snowboard, like a few other posters on here. Shouldn't have taken the gondola straight to the top of Loon Mtn. for the first run ever. It was a long, painful run that I'll never forget- couldn't sit for a week. Like broken ribs, they hurt like hell and you can't do anything for it.
Jrewing
4/22/2015 6:21pm
They don't mend, they just float inside til they go away.
I broke mine and was sore. With pain killers I reckon I could of rode
I remember getting a double on a prototype yz400 with a factory rider at the time- was more concerned about my fractured vertebra! Tailbone ached but it was ok.

He'll never be able to sit on a floor for long periods for many years

Post a reply to: RV injury update!

The Latest