RV coming through the pack

Cigaro
Edited Date/Time 2/5/2013 10:39am
I keep hearing how he can move through the pack from a bad start with ease but after seeing his A1 and A3 performances I'm not convinced yet. Dudes seems to panic and end up on the ground.
|
Tumblin
2/3/2013 1:19pm
He turns the fastest laps in the main and last night's track was a tough one to move up on with the hard slick conditions. I like James' matuirty last night, I think much like Vegas this was a track you could over ride and James could smell the lead yet he didn't warp himself into the ground.
Wait until we go back East, RV will have better results moving through the pack if required.
lumpy790
2/4/2013 8:27am
Rumour is the AMA made them remove the traction control from his bike to level the playing field.
txmxer
2/4/2013 8:44am
lumpy790 wrote:
Rumour is the AMA made them remove the traction control from his bike to level the playing field.
Whistling
Racer92
2/4/2013 8:48am
lumpy790 wrote:
Pinch

The Shop

kongols
2/4/2013 8:49am
lumpy790 wrote:
Shocked
bvm111
2/4/2013 8:55am
lumpy790 wrote:
Blink
SIMX
2/4/2013 8:57am
I've heard they're all struggling with tires...I mean traction controlSick
72kiteboarder
2/4/2013 8:58am
lumpy790 wrote:
Pinch
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
2/4/2013 9:49am
Seems to be a bit tougher this year.

The mains really do seem to be getting down to the starts as the make or break, sort of like tire management in F1.
2/4/2013 10:08am
He does come through the pack good, but I think he pushes so hard (shown by lap times) and is so close to the edge that any error bites him.
jeffro503
2/4/2013 10:20am
Cigaro wrote:
I keep hearing how he can move through the pack from a bad start with ease but after seeing his A1 and A3 performances I'm not...
I keep hearing how he can move through the pack from a bad start with ease but after seeing his A1 and A3 performances I'm not convinced yet. Dudes seems to panic and end up on the ground.
Christ Cig.....this bait is old as fuck. How many times does he need to come through the pack to get you to stop asking the question? Or any slam type bait question?

He won the championship the last two years.......what's your excuse on that and which rider are you going to try and tell me is better?

Lemme guess.

God this board can get so fucking redundant!
jeffro503
2/4/2013 10:22am
BTW....if you were an RV fan....and came in here and asked the same question about RD......I'd be saying exactly what I just said....with the names reversed.
dak446
2/4/2013 10:28am
Fastest lap of the main was turned by Dungey, and followed by Reed (iirc). The podium guys had as much or more speed Saturday, and him crashing and getting 'huckabuck' was another story.
2/4/2013 11:51am
RV is excellent at moving through the pack, and I don't think we see him doing anything near 'panicking' as you call it. It's just a hell of a lot harder than you seem to think it is. Even the guy running 19th place in the supercross main event can still ride quick and getting around a bunch of them is something that can't happen all at once. Factor in the odd slip or slight miss-step, small contact with tough blocks etc, and he's gotta make up more ground. I think the days of watching guys knife through the pack like they're not even there are over - probably for a number of different reasons, but they are basically over IMO.
Sparkalounger
2/4/2013 12:57pm
dak446 wrote:
Fastest lap of the main was turned by Dungey, and followed by Reed (iirc). The podium guys had as much or more speed Saturday, and him...
Fastest lap of the main was turned by Dungey, and followed by Reed (iirc). The podium guys had as much or more speed Saturday, and him crashing and getting 'huckabuck' was another story.
ahhh, some facts....
2/4/2013 1:07pm
Tougher this year,It's not gonna happen so easy,never seen him go down so much either,that front end definitely Seems to wash out a fair bit
2/4/2013 1:15pm
SIMX wrote:
I've heard they're all struggling with tires...I mean traction controlSick
If this snow doesn't go away I am going to have to install some traction control on my bike.
Cigaro
2/4/2013 1:23pm
Cigaro wrote:
I keep hearing how he can move through the pack from a bad start with ease but after seeing his A1 and A3 performances I'm not...
jeffro503 wrote:
Christ Cig.....this bait is old as fuck. How many times does he need to come through the pack to get you to stop asking the question...
Christ Cig.....this bait is old as fuck. How many times does he need to come through the pack to get you to stop asking the question? Or any slam type bait question?

He won the championship the last two years.......what's your excuse on that and which rider are you going to try and tell me is better?

Lemme guess.

Baits old? How's it bait when the consensus on RV has always been that he can come through the pack with ease prior to this season? Now it seems when he gets a start out of the top 10 he's ended up on the ground both times. You seem to be twisting my comment into a thread about who's better.
Feint
2/4/2013 2:25pm
Cigaro wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Christ Cig.....this bait is old as fuck. How many times does he need to come through the pack to get you to stop asking the question...

Lemme guess.

This year is not last year
Sparkalounger
2/4/2013 2:51pm
Cigaro wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:

Lemme guess.

Cigaro wrote:
Baits old? How's it bait when the consensus on RV has always been that he can come through the pack with ease prior to this season...
Baits old? How's it bait when the consensus on RV has always been that he can come through the pack with ease prior to this season? Now it seems when he gets a start out of the top 10 he's ended up on the ground both times. You seem to be twisting my comment into a thread about who's better.
"You seem to be twisting my comment into a thread about who's better."

he is.... Jeffro is probably having a bad day, it happens to the best of us...
Sparkalounger
2/4/2013 2:57pm
Tougher this year,It's not gonna happen so easy,never seen him go down so much either,that front end definitely Seems to wash out a fair bit
This is one thing I don't get... correct me if I am wrong but I believe that he has never completed a full big bike SX season...? (making all mains)
RV crashes as much as anyone (except JS...)

Point is, he DOES have a history of coming through the pack very fast and isn't doing it as well as he used to. I think it's a good bench racing question to ponder... that's what this place is for right?

Is it RV, his bike, his competition or a some combination of the three?
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
2/4/2013 2:59pm
dak446 wrote:
Fastest lap of the main was turned by Dungey, and followed by Reed (iirc). The podium guys had as much or more speed Saturday, and him...
ahhh, some facts....
Hey! Don't go posting shit like that around here. People here don't take kindly to facts.
dak446
2/4/2013 3:13pm
This is one thing I don't get... correct me if I am wrong but I believe that he has never completed a full big bike SX...
This is one thing I don't get... correct me if I am wrong but I believe that he has never completed a full big bike SX season...? (making all mains)

Point is, he DOES have a history of coming through the pack very fast and isn't doing it as well as he used to. I think it's a good bench racing question to ponder... that's what this place is for right?

Plus, the rain right before the main made the track even more slippery than it already was. I think they wanted to tiptoe around the track a little more than usual, and when people get too aggressive in those conditions, they almost always hit the deck.
Cigaro
2/4/2013 3:16pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Lemme guess.

Cigaro wrote:
Baits old? How's it bait when the consensus on RV has always been that he can come through the pack with ease prior to this season...
"You seem to be twisting my comment into a thread about who's better." he is.... Jeffro is probably having a bad day, it happens to the...
"You seem to be twisting my comment into a thread about who's better."

he is.... Jeffro is probably having a bad day, it happens to the best of us...
Maybe dude needs to change his tampon before bringing his bad day to some of our threads. Woohoo

I'm sorry this topic don't follow suit with most North Westerners/Fanboys of the great HeroPoto. But after seeing what's happened to RV this year starting outside the top 10 I think it's a legit topic to discuss. No doubt he's had his troubles.
Sparkalounger
2/4/2013 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2013 3:18pm
@ dak446 - good point...
I think Jabroni made a good point in another thread, that being that the "B" riders are all VERY good too.
I mean, with all due respect, I consider Brayton to be a "B" rider and he won his heat with the deepest pool of "A" riders we have seen in years.
dak446
2/4/2013 3:39pm
@ dak446 - good point... I think Jabroni made a good point in another thread, that being that the "B" riders are all VERY good too...
@ dak446 - good point...
I think Jabroni made a good point in another thread, that being that the "B" riders are all VERY good too.
I mean, with all due respect, I consider Brayton to be a "B" rider and he won his heat with the deepest pool of "A" riders we have seen in years.
No doubt. I think it's silly to expect the guy to come through the pack, like he's proven he can, at every race. As the season progresses, these guys will build confidence and I think RV, JS and the other guys who can move through the pack will have a much harder time doing it. There are only a handful of guys who give up positions without much fight (Alessi comes to mind, unfortunately) and I think they're going to have to earn every position this year more than ever.
Outsider
2/4/2013 3:43pm
This is one thing I don't get... correct me if I am wrong but I believe that he has never completed a full big bike SX...

I'd say it has to do with all the talented riders he has to pass... most everyone is (relatively) healthy, it's a stacked field!
peelout
2/4/2013 3:44pm
he still came through the pack like lightning, but an extra fall hampered his results. i think he would have been knocking on Davi's door if he hadn't fallen a second time

Post a reply to: RV coming through the pack

The Latest