RV blasting Toyota

FI2T
10/20/2013 10:00am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2013 7:52pm
That was a hell of a show! Was hoping they caught it live... RV slammed Toyota. "I would trade the Toyota in for a Raptor" when asked what he would do if he won the Tundra!
That 2nd race was nutty! The last few laps were so bad ass, if anyone who was there can talk ok today I would be surprised! It was so loud!
Great track, best racing in a long time, 2 strokes, bad ass whip competition (the blue bikes were robbed) and a loud crowd!
|
Hut
10/20/2013 10:18am
Yet one more reason to love the guy! Cool
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/20/2013 10:32am
RV did a little 100+ MPH off-roading with his Raptor on the way to Vegas.

It'll be in the fab shop in the coming weeks to make repairs and do upgrades. Smile
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
10/20/2013 10:37am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2013 10:40am
FI2T wrote:
That was a hell of a show! Was hoping they caught it live... RV slammed Toyota. "I would trade the Toyota in for a Raptor" when...
That was a hell of a show! Was hoping they caught it live... RV slammed Toyota. "I would trade the Toyota in for a Raptor" when asked what he would do if he won the Tundra!
That 2nd race was nutty! The last few laps were so bad ass, if anyone who was there can talk ok today I would be surprised! It was so loud!
Great track, best racing in a long time, 2 strokes, bad ass whip competition (the blue bikes were robbed) and a loud crowd!
Not sure I understand the reasoning behind taking a dig at an excellent / loyal Supercross sponsor like Toyota...Maybe his crash was a little bad karma.
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
10/20/2013 10:42am
GuyB wrote:
RV did a little 100+ MPH off-roading with his Raptor on the way to Vegas. It'll be in the fab shop in the coming weeks to...
RV did a little 100+ MPH off-roading with his Raptor on the way to Vegas.

It'll be in the fab shop in the coming weeks to make repairs and do upgrades. Smile
That would be awesome!

The Shop

daveoevo
10/20/2013 10:53am
No matter how much I respect RV for his riding, its comments like this that make me think he is a bit of a prick.
bangmyhead
10/20/2013 11:10am
daveoevo wrote:
No matter how much I respect RV for his riding, its comments like this that make me think he is a bit of a prick.
Or maybe he just has a sense of humor?
Outsider
10/20/2013 11:15am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2013 11:16am
I would take RV's comments over some bullshit the "other guy" would say any day of the week! The dude owns, and obviously likes Raptors!

I remember when guys would ride dirtbikes and say all kinds of shit, whatever came to their minds really...

Now it's sounds more like a bunch of dorks around the water cooler talking about the new line of Docker slacks and how good they match the company polo shirts!

Fucking pathetic, imo
bd
10/20/2013 11:39am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2013 11:40am
FI2T wrote:
That was a hell of a show! Was hoping they caught it live... RV slammed Toyota. "I would trade the Toyota in for a Raptor" when...
That was awesome.... the CROWD went nuts. Loved it.

AND agree, the two YZ250s were by far the best on the whip contest.
bd
10/20/2013 11:42am
FI2T wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
Not sure I understand the reasoning behind taking a dig at an excellent / loyal Supercross sponsor like Toyota...Maybe his crash was a little bad karma.
I didn't see it as a dig at Toyota. Maybe a dig at JGR. Maybe....

I see it as.... I have plenty of trucks and dam raptor is bad ass. Crowd went nuts because NOBODY expected it from RV
10/20/2013 12:12pm
FI2T wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
bd wrote:
I didn't see it as a dig at Toyota. Maybe a dig at JGR. Maybe.... I see it as.... I have plenty of trucks and dam...

I see it as.... I have plenty of trucks and dam raptor is bad ass. Crowd went nuts because NOBODY expected it from RV
What about James's comment when Ralph asked what he'd do with the 100 grand he acted like a spoiled little rich kid saying " hell 100 grand?? heck thats nothing ill turn that into 7 million then we'll talk" .
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/20/2013 12:24pm
daveoevo wrote:
Why? Because he's not a robot?
Rizzo
10/20/2013 12:53pm
daveoevo wrote:
bangmyhead wrote:
That was exactly it. RV, Reed, Deegan, Twitch and more all have them. Anyone who has been in one off road will amazed at what they can do, especially for a truck straight off the assembly line. I talked to RV last year at SEMA, he had just recently got his truck. There is something about the drive to Vegas for him I guess because he got loose in the Raptor with his dad riding shotgun on the way to SEMA then. Also, its not like he is sponsored or it was given to him, he spent his own money on it.
Not knocking them at all, but how many times have you heard the same guys rattle off Thor, Parts Fox, Monster Red Bull......"Toyota of Escondido." You want RV to get in line like everyone else that got a free truck to drive from them, or be like "hell yea, I'll buy a Raptor" instead. For the record, I've talked the same trash to my friends(not the same as TV and 30,000 people) about my Raptor vs their truck and every time they get it and we hit the dirt, they're screaming like little girls for me to slow down.
Forza
10/20/2013 1:03pm
daveoevo wrote:
GuyB wrote:
No. Because he is not Euro. Whistling
PressPassP
10/20/2013 1:06pm
FI2T wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
Not the classiest statement,however true or whatever,it might have been humour,if so I guess Toyota had the last laugh

Torrenteras and McNeil were my favourites in the whip contest,those backward whips were pretty awesome!
mynewcr250
10/20/2013 1:08pm
Brad460 wrote:
bd wrote:
I didn't see it as a dig at Toyota. Maybe a dig at JGR. Maybe.... I see it as.... I have plenty of trucks and dam...

What about James's comment when Ralph asked what he'd do with the 100 grand he acted like a spoiled little rich kid saying " hell 100...
What about James's comment when Ralph asked what he'd do with the 100 grand he acted like a spoiled little rich kid saying " hell 100 grand?? heck thats nothing ill turn that into 7 million then we'll talk" .
dude, if youre going to quote someone, make sure its an actual, accurate quote
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
10/20/2013 1:14pm
daveoevo wrote:
bangmyhead wrote:
Rizzo wrote:
That was exactly it. RV, Reed, Deegan, Twitch and more all have them. Anyone who has been in one off road will amazed at what they...
That was exactly it. RV, Reed, Deegan, Twitch and more all have them. Anyone who has been in one off road will amazed at what they can do, especially for a truck straight off the assembly line. I talked to RV last year at SEMA, he had just recently got his truck. There is something about the drive to Vegas for him I guess because he got loose in the Raptor with his dad riding shotgun on the way to SEMA then. Also, its not like he is sponsored or it was given to him, he spent his own money on it.
Not knocking them at all, but how many times have you heard the same guys rattle off Thor, Parts Fox, Monster Red Bull......"Toyota of Escondido." You want RV to get in line like everyone else that got a free truck to drive from them, or be like "hell yea, I'll buy a Raptor" instead. For the record, I've talked the same trash to my friends(not the same as TV and 30,000 people) about my Raptor vs their truck and every time they get it and we hit the dirt, they're screaming like little girls for me to slow down.
Let me know when that Raptor gets to +200,000 miles. I've owned 5 Toyotas and currently love my Tundra. Every Toyota I've ever owned, we sold after 200,000-250,000 miles and it was still running like a champ with minimal maintenance. The only Ford F150 I've ever owned died at 105,000 miles and needed $3K in engine work to keep it limping along. Raptors are cool, and I see how they can haul ass off road. But if I want a truck that I can trust and be reliable, it's my Tundra.
CaryPT
10/20/2013 1:27pm
Brad460 wrote:
I agree man. Don't go blasting the sponsors. They bring the money so that the racing can happen. Now all we (the motocross community) have to do is make sure that the boys who make the top 40 get paid so that they can get a real shot at the dream. Too few people at the top of this gig are making $$$$$ while the racers are getting little.... very little $.

that's my beaf.
cary
mynewcr250
10/20/2013 1:32pm
bangmyhead wrote:
Rizzo wrote:
That was exactly it. RV, Reed, Deegan, Twitch and more all have them. Anyone who has been in one off road will amazed at what they...
TbonesPop wrote:
Let me know when that Raptor gets to +200,000 miles. I've owned 5 Toyotas and currently love my Tundra. Every Toyota I've ever owned, we sold...
Let me know when that Raptor gets to +200,000 miles. I've owned 5 Toyotas and currently love my Tundra. Every Toyota I've ever owned, we sold after 200,000-250,000 miles and it was still running like a champ with minimal maintenance. The only Ford F150 I've ever owned died at 105,000 miles and needed $3K in engine work to keep it limping along. Raptors are cool, and I see how they can haul ass off road. But if I want a truck that I can trust and be reliable, it's my Tundra.
oh thats too bad. my ford has 240k on it, my friends ford has 270k on it. youre just another toyota fanboy.
manering
10/20/2013 1:44pm
daveoevo wrote:
GuyB wrote:
No, because of this. brad460 summed it up nicely

Brent
10/20/2013 1:45pm
I was wondering what he meant when he said something about his truck between Barstow and Primm...
bd
10/20/2013 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2013 1:47pm
Brad460 wrote:
bd wrote:

What about James's comment when Ralph asked what he'd do with the 100 grand he acted like a spoiled little rich kid saying " hell 100...
Hmmm.... he said it in Vegas, maybe I'll turn it into $7mill.

Playing to Vegas - gambling. You taking JS7 serious? Really?
bd
10/20/2013 1:48pm
These riders are dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. Shit, sneeze wrong, and people want to hang them.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/20/2013 1:55pm
manering wrote:
No, because of this. brad460 summed it up nicely Not sure I understand the reasoning behind taking a dig at an excellent / loyal Supercross sponsor...

So every time someone holds up a competing energy drink on the podium they're taking a dig at Monster? Wink
10/20/2013 2:03pm
Your lives must be really boring, why do you even care?
Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
10/20/2013 2:18pm
FI2T wrote:
Same MPG. Maybe better.
zippy895
10/20/2013 2:23pm
daveoevo wrote:
bangmyhead wrote:
or maybe he digs the raptor
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
10/20/2013 2:25pm
manering wrote:
No, because of this. brad460 summed it up nicely Not sure I understand the reasoning behind taking a dig at an excellent / loyal Supercross sponsor...

GuyB wrote:
So every time someone holds up a competing energy drink on the podium they're taking a dig at Monster? Wink
I think that is different because he was answering a question related to winning a free Tundra...Not the same as promoting your own sponsors..I guess I would feel the same way if Monster Energy was giving away something free of that significance and a rider said he would trade it for something "Redbull"..
zippy895
10/20/2013 2:32pm
manering wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
I think that is different because he was answering a question related to winning a free Tundra...Not the same as promoting your own sponsors..I guess I...
I think that is different because he was answering a question related to winning a free Tundra...Not the same as promoting your own sponsors..I guess I would feel the same way if Monster Energy was giving away something free of that significance and a rider said he would trade it for something "Redbull"..
its his prerogative
500guy
10/20/2013 2:41pm
GuyB wrote:
Maybe James should have said Monster sucks and tastes like crap ?

Not being a Robot is one thing, talking shit about a series Sponsor is bad form.

Post a reply to: RV blasting Toyota

The Latest