RV Update Today

pilotdude
10/20/2014 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 11:04pm
|
10/20/2014 9:37pm
Why was he acting guilty on twitter and talking about how he won't even ride again until the first of November?
peelout
10/21/2014 8:17am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 8:19am
Dart Board wrote:
Why was he acting guilty on twitter and talking about how he won't even ride again until the first of November?
"Hey everybody, so I just got back home from Belgium last night. During my trip I actually felt well enough to throw a leg over my new KX450F and put in a couple motos (after getting approval from the team’s doctor in Spain)."
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
10/21/2014 8:36am
I can't wait till round 1. Damn I'm excited to watch RV race the GPs!

It's like continuing to sink in how awesome this is. We get to watch our best go toe-to-toe with the world's best on their turf. It's like when Rocky went to fight the Russian in Russia. I envision RV's place in Belgium as a little log cabin where he trains with farming equipment, and Aldon suddenly has an accent and is yelling at him over Skype to lift that damn cow one more time!
slipdog
10/21/2014 8:46am
TriRacer27 wrote:
I can't wait till round 1. Damn I'm excited to watch RV race the GPs! It's like continuing to sink in how awesome this is. We...

It's like continuing to sink in how awesome this is. We get to watch our best go toe-to-toe with the world's best on their turf. It's like when Rocky went to fight the Russian in Russia. I envision RV's place in Belgium as a little log cabin where he trains with farming equipment, and Aldon suddenly has an accent and is yelling at him over Skype to lift that damn cow one more time!
Do I have to purchase tickets at the door or can I order them on Fandango so I can use my bonus points?

The Shop

10/21/2014 8:53am
For those that are giving RV shit for saying that he wouldn't be ready for SX; do you idiots realize that SX testing literally began a month ago? And the guys testing have been riding for the whole year. If Ryan started testing right now he would be months behind.
10/21/2014 8:58am
TripleFive wrote:
For those that are giving RV shit for saying that he wouldn't be ready for SX; do you idiots realize that SX testing literally began a...
For those that are giving RV shit for saying that he wouldn't be ready for SX; do you idiots realize that SX testing literally began a month ago? And the guys testing have been riding for the whole year. If Ryan started testing right now he would be months behind.
I don't understand why it bothers people that he might want to try racing over there one time instead of doing what he already has.
zehn
10/21/2014 8:58am
Dart Board wrote:
Why does that even matter? I'm just excited that he's riding again.
10/21/2014 9:02am
Dart Board wrote:
zehn wrote:
Why does that even matter? I'm just excited that he's riding again.
I think he's taking a lot of heat from fans for this decision and he got defensive. Why would fans give him heat for this? This is the most awesome thing any rider has done in years.
bsharkey
10/21/2014 9:16am
like hes said before the records he never really cared about plus all the injuries he had his first two seasons, missing 4 outdoor seasons on the big bike theres no way he would reach rickys records. its going to be good to watch two series now, my dvr will be full in no time ha ha. it really is quite amazing how injury free rickys career was
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
10/21/2014 10:00am
TriRacer27 wrote:
I can't wait till round 1. Damn I'm excited to watch RV race the GPs! It's like continuing to sink in how awesome this is. We...

Most you guys are pumped and are real fans for RV. I think this is awesome on many levels.

What would RV have more to lose since he said this is his last season? Lose here to the new young guns or lose the gp's? If he wins here, he's already done that, if he wins the gp's, not too many Americans have done that.
Tumblin
10/21/2014 10:04am
bsharkey wrote:
like hes said before the records he never really cared about plus all the injuries he had his first two seasons, missing 4 outdoor seasons on...
like hes said before the records he never really cared about plus all the injuries he had his first two seasons, missing 4 outdoor seasons on the big bike theres no way he would reach rickys records. its going to be good to watch two series now, my dvr will be full in no time ha ha. it really is quite amazing how injury free rickys career was
Agreed!

jeffro503
10/21/2014 10:28am
bsharkey wrote:
like hes said before the records he never really cared about plus all the injuries he had his first two seasons, missing 4 outdoor seasons on...
Tumblin wrote:
Agreed![img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/21/68155/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Agreed!

I was standing right about where that pic was taken! I didn't get to see the impact until I watched it on TV. My stomach went up into my throat when I saw it happening! Didn't even phase him.....he just got back up , brushed himself off and finished the moto. Legend!
steed 2.0
10/21/2014 10:32am
TriRacer27 wrote:

Grizz
10/21/2014 10:34am
TripleFive wrote:
For those that are giving RV shit for saying that he wouldn't be ready for SX; do you idiots realize that SX testing literally began a...
Okay what the hell are you talking about? I hate when people come in a thread and immediately say, "Everyone bitching about blah blah blah," and nobody above them is even bitching.

Nobody that matters is giving RV shit about his decision. It's only a small minority of uninformed casual fans that are saying anything bad...
Xavier
10/21/2014 10:44am
The doc he's seen is the Football Club of Barcelona's doc.

Those guys have Messi, Neymar etc, top players in the Soccer's world...

So one can assume that this doc must know a thing or two about knees... and he said Ryan's was good to go (earlier than originally anticipated but with athletes like RV, it's not uncommon).

10/21/2014 10:47am
TripleFive wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Okay what the hell are you talking about? I hate when people come in a thread and immediately say, "Everyone bitching about blah blah blah," and...
Okay what the hell are you talking about? I hate when people come in a thread and immediately say, "Everyone bitching about blah blah blah," and nobody above them is even bitching.

Nobody that matters is giving RV shit about his decision. It's only a small minority of uninformed casual fans that are saying anything bad...
See the original post about RV getting back on the bike. Also, the posts in here about RV "acting guilty."
bsharkey
10/21/2014 1:29pm
bsharkey wrote:
Tumblin wrote:
Agreed![img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/21/68155/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Agreed!

jeffro503 wrote:
I was standing right about where that pic was taken! I didn't get to see the impact until I watched it on TV. My stomach went...
I was standing right about where that pic was taken! I didn't get to see the impact until I watched it on TV. My stomach went up into my throat when I saw it happening! Didn't even phase him.....he just got back up , brushed himself off and finished the moto. Legend!
I was there too but what im saying is he didn't have many crashes that resulted in being out the rest of the season. he was pretty fortunate there
Grieby54
10/21/2014 1:36pm
I don't think anyone that's a fan of the sport is upset that RV is going over there. I think the only reason people are so upset about it is because of his lack of honesty through the last year.

"I'm going to be riding the nationals. If you want to hear otherwise go read Vital." - We all know how that went
"I'm not going to be able to get on a bike in time to ride A1." - Davi Millsaps has been on the bike for a couple of weeks now and went out and won the MEC after being on the couch for over a year. It's not hard to think that RV could be ready for A1 in the coming 2.5 months.

More power to Ryan. He's in a position in life where he can go do what he wants to do, and he's earned that through lots of blood and sweat. I just don't understand why he needs to be untruthful about it all. Just say what you want to do and do it.
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
10/21/2014 1:37pm
bsharkey wrote:
Tumblin wrote:
Agreed!

jeffro503 wrote:
I was standing right about where that pic was taken! I didn't get to see the impact until I watched it on TV. My stomach went...
I was on the other side of the jump and saw him flying over the jump not on the bike. Was a great battle up until that point.
10/21/2014 5:02pm
Grieby54 wrote:
I don't think anyone that's a fan of the sport is upset that RV is going over there. I think the only reason people are so...
I don't think anyone that's a fan of the sport is upset that RV is going over there. I think the only reason people are so upset about it is because of his lack of honesty through the last year.

"I'm going to be riding the nationals. If you want to hear otherwise go read Vital." - We all know how that went
"I'm not going to be able to get on a bike in time to ride A1." - Davi Millsaps has been on the bike for a couple of weeks now and went out and won the MEC after being on the couch for over a year. It's not hard to think that RV could be ready for A1 in the coming 2.5 months.

More power to Ryan. He's in a position in life where he can go do what he wants to do, and he's earned that through lots of blood and sweat. I just don't understand why he needs to be untruthful about it all. Just say what you want to do and do it.
Thank you for saying this. This is really the reason I'm not that big a fan of his as I'm turned off by the toolish responses etc, however him going to ride the GP's is one of the ballsiest things an American rider has done in a long time. I'll be rooting for him and my interest is definitely elevated for watching the GP's next year.

As for people being upset about him going over there just like Grieby54 said I don't read that much negativity about the decision it's just the way he went about racing the outdoors and all the non-sense. This may be the move to where he is in control of his press going forward I hope and not feel like he has to give responses that appear to be bs.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
10/21/2014 5:12pm
Can't wait.

Never been this excited for the GP's to start. Smile
DA498
10/21/2014 5:20pm
He talks like a regular rider just getting back on the bike, I think I can take him...Whistling
kiwifan
10/21/2014 5:27pm
TripleFive wrote:
Dart Board wrote:
I don't understand why it bothers people that he might want to try racing over there one time instead of doing what he already has.
I reckon good on him, perhaps his recently fixed knee would of not handled a SX season?
Outsider
10/21/2014 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 5:41pm
Grieby54 wrote:
I don't think anyone that's a fan of the sport is upset that RV is going over there. I think the only reason people are so...

Hasn't Davi been racing MTB's?

Back on topic, super stoked for this year's racing, here and over there.
BobbyM
10/21/2014 5:45pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2014 5:46pm
Xavier wrote:
The doc he's seen is the Football Club of Barcelona's doc. Those guys have Messi, Neymar etc, top players in the Soccer's world... So one can...
The doc he's seen is the Football Club of Barcelona's doc.

Those guys have Messi, Neymar etc, top players in the Soccer's world...

So one can assume that this doc must know a thing or two about knees... and he said Ryan's was good to go (earlier than originally anticipated but with athletes like RV, it's not uncommon).

Are you some sort of motocross or supercross and/or soccer fan or something?
racer628
10/21/2014 5:57pm
the mx gp series has turned into a joke....racing in countrys were the g.d.p. is lower than some west texas counties is insane. there are probably bike shops in Alaska that sell more mx bikes than two of these venues combined! RV racing the world championship might bring some much needed exposure and scrutiny to a series that was once the elite series of mx.
10/21/2014 10:45pm
TripleFive wrote:
Not only that, how was he to know how fast his knee would heal. The healing time for meniscus injuries is highly variable. Sometimes they never heal at all. So there is no way RV could have known 4 months ago when his meniscus would be OK for activity.
sclark309d
Fantasy
2036th
10/21/2014 10:58pm
bsharkey wrote:
Tumblin wrote:
Agreed!

jeffro503 wrote:
I was up the hill, went "oh shit!" as he flew then "No shit..." as he got on and continued ripping. Awesome!
sclark309d
Fantasy
2036th
10/21/2014 11:01pm
bsharkey wrote:
Tumblin wrote:
Agreed!

jeffro503 wrote:
I was up the hill, went "oh shit!" as he flew then "No shit..." as he got on and continued ripping. Awesome!
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
10/21/2014 11:04pm
Tumblin wrote:
Agreed!

jeffro503 wrote:
bsharkey wrote:
I was there too but what im saying is he didn't have many crashes that resulted in being out the rest of the season. he was...
I was there too but what im saying is he didn't have many crashes that resulted in being out the rest of the season. he was pretty fortunate there
I was on the other side of Leechs when that happened. My uncle also happened to be right beside me with his camera pointed on him. He got a great shot. The next year I went down to race Hantown and Ricky autographed 10 of them for me. Talk about being nervous to ask for an auto, ha ha. He was super cool about it.

Post a reply to: RV Update Today

The Latest