RV: 5 challenges for 2015

Spydee
Edited Date/Time 10/24/2014 6:50am
Taken from Speed Week

Ryan Villopoto (Monster Energy Kawasaki) who completed his first laps on his KX450F Year 2015. It is getting serious with his World Cup preparations.

Five factors should be for the 26-year-old American and his upcoming world title challenge of importance:

1. Schedule

In the 18 upcoming Grand Prix -Race total of 36 runs are completed. That's Ryan Villopoto by the AMA usual -Outdoors. First Difference: The World Cup races take place on four continents. The races go as opposed to the US-runs to be held on a day throughout the weekend. This is an advantage for Villopoto . He has more time for setup. But he has to deal over the weekend, with deeply rutted ruts and braking bumps, which does not exist in this extreme form in the US-race with the drastic deterioration of the track conditions. About the use of the two championship classes also are the relevant classes of support (at the World Cup race EMX , WMX etc .) at the start, which also ruin the lines. It would be more than normal when Villopoto takes some time to get used to the rhythm of the world championship races.

2. Star Swirls hunted on and off the track

Who in Germany- Grand-Prix has seen this year, which swirl the presence of Ryan Villopoto has caused to the fans, even though he was present only as an onlooker, guess what happens if it is because of the serious debate on the track against Antonio Cairoli , Clement Desalle and Gautier Paulin . Some 300 fans waited in Teutschenthal on a poster of " RV ". This was a foretaste of what the star of so many other well-attended Grand Prix is expected. One can assume that he at his first and probably last Grand Prix a similar star-like vortex -Season Cairoli will cause. The pilot with the large number "2" is not only of his Grand Prix to be targeted -Kollegen, but also off the track to be a hunted man.

3. The new team

It remains the big question mark whether Villopoto harmonizes with the new team from the beginning, or whether he needs around him with the all-new people more time getting them to push for excellence. His desire Team Buddy Tyla Rattray is for Villopoto , of course, contact for his ideas, problems or suggestions, but also for Rattray is the Department uncharted territory. The competitiveness of Gautier Paulin and at times also of Steven Frossard in the last three years has shown that the team KRT operates efficiently and professionally. But now the team has to do with the biggest names in the sport. The technical MXGP Regulations allows for much more room for interpretation than the " production rules "of the AMA . The entire team is much more in the focus of interest, as earlier. So it will be a busy winter for both sides of the team. Are they well prepared in Qatar at the start, is the thing off the table. But Beat in the preparatory phase and the development of the motorcycle a wrong course one, the team could early fall in a hole. Villopoto has only once changed the team in his career.

4. Antonio Cairoli

Cairoli has the upper hand. Villopoto comes not only in a completely new environment that dominates the Sicilian alone since 2009. On the known him Grand Prix -Strecken has KTM -Star 45 Grand Prix won -Siege and 85 runs - not to speak of the podiums and other top-three finishes that are so crucial for its unparalleled consistency in the World Cup were. Cairoli has hundreds of hours on clay tracks like Lommel spent and it is hard to imagine that anyone can conquer him under such conditions. Jeffrey Herlings would probably be a candidate, but in this match we have to wait another year. Cairoli has even in difficult days maturity and restraint shown when he was afflicted about to injuries. Just then he has always been solid and effective results home. Ryan Villopoto knows, of course, in his dispute with the opponents of the US-scene also one or the other secret of success, but one Lord Cairoli on the new KTM 350SX-F to defeat whose hallmarks are good starts and an enormous speed in virtually all track conditions, is a particularly important factor.

5. Routes

About this topic already much has been written, but it would be totally presumptuous to think that Ryan Villopoto unable would be a dirt bike at the highest level at WM-routes any Couleurs hunt. There is only the question of how fast it to the changing conditions of a narrow, rutted track can react and whether rich his abilities in this case even for victories. The Cup trails offer much more variety compared to the US routes. This is one of the major challenges for Villopoto and will be a big part of the World Cup adventure. He is sure - how many other drivers also - be frustrated by the one or the other route and in this case get to know his limits, while maintaining the great goal of the World Cup in mind. Four of the eighteen races in 2015 anyway for most Grand Prix pilots are breaking new ground.
|
Crush
10/23/2014 3:17am
This bullshit about the US tracks not being rough has to stop.

Ridiculous translations aside, it's complete and utter crap.

For sure the gp tracks have more variance of surface but to say the tracks aren't rough, as rough or anything similar is retarded.

Crush
10/23/2014 3:28am
Well done, more ruts.

I'm not saying it's not rough in Gps... it's just this notion that the gp tracks are endurocross like and the AMA circuits are bitumen is retarded.

The Shop

Trav138
10/23/2014 3:34am
It comes down to the format
The GP tracks are rougher, they are used all weekend with minimal maintenance while the US is a one day series.
When the national tracks used to have amateur day Friday and saturday practice and qualifying on Sat, they were rougher.
The pros used to bitch about the tracks because of this, way more square edge and braking bumps.
There is a difference in what Crush posted and what a rough track is. Imo long soft ruts are more technical and extremely difficult but not what i would consider rough
Watch some of the GP's ie. Spanish GP that is what a "rough" track is
Jimfunn
10/23/2014 3:35am
Honestly, I don't think those pics above of US tracks look that bad. That's how allot of our club tracks end up in the UK.

I normally walk Matterly Basin after the GP and other than a few years ago when it was really dry, the ruts are WAIST deep.
Spydee
10/23/2014 3:38am
Totally agree with you, Crush. There is nothing unique about the GP tracks in terms of the breakdown of the dirt... I think the climate change and culture is more of a factor when talking about RV's trip over here as it could play with his mentality compared to what he's used to in the States.
10/23/2014 3:39am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2014 3:40am
Crush wrote:
Well done, more ruts. I'm not saying it's not rough in Gps... it's just this notion that the gp tracks are endurocross like and the AMA...
Well done, more ruts.

I'm not saying it's not rough in Gps... it's just this notion that the gp tracks are endurocross like and the AMA circuits are bitumen is retarded.
thats what the US team have said when they lost the des nations each year though!

just saying- are you saying that they were lying and just making excuses?

i dont think RV will struggle to adapt to the tracks- but i dont think he will be able to live with cairoli at lommel either!
Crush
10/23/2014 3:48am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2014 3:50am
It's not about des nations or excuses or anything else... As I said, it's about this idea that ama tracks are glass.

Obviously Lommel was different, but it's a different animal to almost all the gp tracks.... But did the Kegums track really look that rough? Nope. Teuschental too, notchy yes, but not much different to what hangtown has been a thousand times or even Washougal this last year gone...

I do agree a day more riding that happens over a gp weekend or des Nations weekend makes the track rougher–But you're not extending anyone's grey matter there... more bikes, more time, a rougher track... but the difference between the ama and gp tracks is incremental, in fact, probably measure by what, a couple more hours track time?!?

Look at my sig, everyone seems to think the AMA tracks are flat and RV has never ridden anything but a manicured virgin Red Bud. It's retarded.
Crush
10/23/2014 3:49am
Spydee wrote:
Totally agree with you, Crush. There is nothing unique about the GP tracks in terms of the breakdown of the dirt... I think the climate change...
Totally agree with you, Crush. There is nothing unique about the GP tracks in terms of the breakdown of the dirt... I think the climate change and culture is more of a factor when talking about RV's trip over here as it could play with his mentality compared to what he's used to in the States.
Yep!
motomike137
10/23/2014 3:55am
That bit about the tracks is so ridiculous! I lol'd! And if there is a U.S. rider that has the focus and determination to overcome the obstacles on short notice it is Ryan without a doubt. He may not win the title but it won't be from a lack of riding his ass off! AC better cinch down his helmet real tight!
philG
10/23/2014 5:06am
Tracks that get over watered and over prepared are spoiling MX ... both GP and AMA are totally devoid of anything that resembles hard pack , the tracks just become rut fests , which to me makes a bit of mockery of it all... even UK club tracks get like this now , ripped to a foot deep and watered , its just no fun.

And RV will have to deal with tracks that have more riders using them , and for an extra day ... its not something that is accusational , just fact .
wanglimp
10/23/2014 5:21am
I feel like this debate will be settled when the GP's come to Glen Helen next year. Once that track goes through a weekend GP schedule, I am sure its "Roughness" will be equal or comparable to any other GP track.
Crush
10/23/2014 5:43am
philG wrote:
Tracks that get over watered and over prepared are spoiling MX ... both GP and AMA are totally devoid of anything that resembles hard pack...
Tracks that get over watered and over prepared are spoiling MX ... both GP and AMA are totally devoid of anything that resembles hard pack , the tracks just become rut fests , which to me makes a bit of mockery of it all... even UK club tracks get like this now , ripped to a foot deep and watered , its just no fun.

And RV will have to deal with tracks that have more riders using them , and for an extra day ... its not something that is accusational , just fact .
It is accusational, (Is that a word?) it and lots of other sources have carried on talking like the AMA tracks are freeways... The photos above prove they're nothing like it... And the difference in actual track condition or time on track is probably fuck all..

IN FACT... let's talk about the 17 riders (sarcasm, but seriously) in the GP classes in the 450 class and the 40 plus in each class at the nationals and the effect that has...

Like I said. Fuck all difference. It's just gay. I'm so over reading about this is better or that is better, especially from conceited "media" sources acting as PR firms with daggers.
10/23/2014 6:19am
philG wrote:
Tracks that get over watered and over prepared are spoiling MX ... both GP and AMA are totally devoid of anything that resembles hard pack...

Crush wrote:
It is accusational, (Is that a word?) it and lots of other sources have carried on talking like the AMA tracks are freeways... The photos above...
It is accusational, (Is that a word?) it and lots of other sources have carried on talking like the AMA tracks are freeways... The photos above prove they're nothing like it... And the difference in actual track condition or time on track is probably fuck all..

IN FACT... let's talk about the 17 riders (sarcasm, but seriously) in the GP classes in the 450 class and the 40 plus in each class at the nationals and the effect that has...

Like I said. Fuck all difference. It's just gay. I'm so over reading about this is better or that is better, especially from conceited "media" sources acting as PR firms with daggers.
I agree, Crush. I watch both series and I just don't get the whole debate. There are Nat's races where I think the U.S. tracks are rougher, and then I watch a G.P. and think maybe that is rougher. That tells me the truth is somewhere in the middle.
CrashMaster
10/23/2014 6:36am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2014 6:36am
RV2 will be just fine. The guy is an animal, if he gets a bad start he goes thru the pack better than anyone! If he pulls a holeshot, and he does alot hes gone. Its very rare that he gets passed for the lead. Actually outdoors when hes leading nobody has passed him unless he falls for some reason. Nobody in the GP's has ever faced a guy on this level before especially Cairolli. When has RV2 ever lost a title he has entered outdoors? Nuff said.Wink
davistld01
10/23/2014 8:06am Edited Date/Time 10/23/2014 8:08am
I don't think it's a matter of the track conditions in the US vs. those on the GP's as much as it is the learning curve. RV has been racing as a pro for years, and knows pretty much every track on the outdoor national circuit like the back of his hand, because he's done laps on each many, many times. He has said in interviews that he's a quick study when it comes to figuring tracks out...and he'd better be, because Cairoli is as comfy there as RV is here. I wish that he'd not boxed himself in by saying he'll hang it up after this season "win or lose", because I don't think he'll win in 2015. He'd be my favorite to win the championship next season but not this one.
zehn
10/23/2014 9:08am
I invite anybody who has doubts about how rough AMA tracks can get to watch the second motos from Muddy Creek this past summer. That track was rough.
pilotdude
10/23/2014 9:39am
The rougher the track, the better RV does.

Fact.
BobPA
10/23/2014 10:20am
philG wrote:

You would rather hard pack than loam and ruts? Bro can you even corner??? There is nothing better than laying it over in some loamy soil and dragging a bar...
mulletman
10/23/2014 12:29pm
Who really wants to ride on hardpack anyways?

That's what supermoto is for.....
Tumblin
10/23/2014 3:03pm
Good points OP, but I think the only point made I'm most curious about will be how he handles being "hunted" off the track. Obviously he's a draw at every event he attends, but at best in most opinions Ryan only endures what he must. Will he be more open, mingle with the throng in his last season and will that compromise his gnar?
TeamGreen
10/23/2014 4:32pm
You either believe that RV will adapt & adjust to the few differences & challenges that GP racing will present...or...you don't.

I believe.

I'll be showing up to a few GPs wearing my "RFV" shirt (the F means what the F means...RECOGNIZE!). I'll have a few available to any other "believers"...
Outsider
10/23/2014 4:43pm
I almost feel bad for the euros when Ryan kicks the living shit out of all the GP tracks and most of the comp as well...

Almost.
jgmxdad251
10/23/2014 6:29pm
TeamGreen wrote:
You either believe that RV will adapt & adjust to the few differences & challenges that GP racing will present...or...you don't. I believe. I'll be showing...
You either believe that RV will adapt & adjust to the few differences & challenges that GP racing will present...or...you don't.

I believe.

I'll be showing up to a few GPs wearing my "RFV" shirt (the F means what the F means...RECOGNIZE!). I'll have a few available to any other "believers"...
I'm a believer! I just wish Herlings was racing mx1. All the talk about him seems disrespectful to AC222 and I'm a little tired of hearing from the euros (no offense meant) about how he beat RV2! If he really wanted to race against them, he would find a way to.......... I am trying to calculate my weak bank flo to see if I could make the trip to Italy! Cant wait for the GP's and SX,MX to start
TDeath21
10/23/2014 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 10/23/2014 7:46pm
Villopoto will be fine. This schedule is less of a grind than he does in the normal AMA schedule. He is excellent at setting up a bike. He learns tracks quickly. The GP riders have seen nothing like him before. One thing I will point out though is how he started the 2013 SX season after that long lay off and knee surgery in 2012.

2012 MEC: Crashed out.

2013 A1: 3 crashes. One of the worst finishes of his career.

2013 Phoenix: Crashes, but still finishes 2nd.

2013 A2: Finds his groove and gets his first win.

It really wasn't until about 6 races into the season though where he got completely back to the 2012 Villopoto. Then again, at 2013 Hangtown when he hadn't raced MX in a long time, he crushed it. Plus he's already started riding. It wouldn't surprise me if it took a few races to find his groove and it wouldn't surprise me if he came out swinging. I can't wait for Qatar.

Another thing. Even if the GP tracks are rougher, that only helps Villopoto.
motosmith
10/23/2014 8:33pm
I agree with a lot of people that rough tracks are an advantage for Villopoto. I'm not sure how that got twisted around to begin with. The easiest way to even the playing field in motocross or supercross is to make the tracks easier. Difficult tracks separate the men from the boys.
enketchum
10/23/2014 9:15pm
I heard RV only needs to ride 8 races to fulfill his contract. Is that true?
10/24/2014 2:42am
mulletman wrote:
Who really wants to ride on hardpack anyways?

That's what supermoto is for.....
its all part of motocross! takes alot more skill/ finnesse to get your power to the ground on bluegroove hardpack than it does to plough through a perfect loamy berm!!!

all part of the joys of motocross- riding different conditions! not the same track week in week out...

Post a reply to: RV: 5 challenges for 2015

The Latest