REED SPONSORSHIP

aussie1971
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:09pm
Does anyone know if Reed is in negotiations with any big money sponsors? You have an "aparent" privateer tearing up 95% of the factory and satellite teams yet he is still self-funding most of his campaign. I find it hard to believe there isn't a major energy drink sponsor, vehicle brand, etc that has no interest in sponsoring Reed...

Any thoughts?
|
lucero10x
3/7/2011 11:58am
Maybe their money is spent and they have to dance with the one's that brought them.
Rudeboy119
3/7/2011 11:59am
from what I hear Honda has steppud up their parts and tech support. nothing in terms of $ yet
kongols
3/7/2011 12:02pm
Did you see a thread about Honda coming on board. I`m sure he`ll be alright. Nobody wanted to take that risk when big names like Mike Fisher and Jeremy Mcgrath basically wrote you off on natonal television. I think it will change before this season is over.

The Shop

3/7/2011 12:02pm
I thought ARMA was going to step up! They sponsor Lawrence and he doesn't even race!
BLAHBLAH
3/7/2011 12:03pm
They should at least pay Reedy bonus's, after all they arn't paying any to josh grant but still have two honda's at the front of the pack.
aussie1971
3/7/2011 12:03pm
kongols wrote:
Did you see a thread about Honda coming on board. I`m sure he`ll be alright. Nobody wanted to take that risk when big names like Mike...
Did you see a thread about Honda coming on board. I`m sure he`ll be alright. Nobody wanted to take that risk when big names like Mike Fisher and Jeremy Mcgrath basically wrote you off on natonal television. I think it will change before this season is over.
Makes sense, no one should ever count out a rider of Reed's calibre. He may be getting older but he is still one of the top riders in the world today.
jasonv43
3/7/2011 12:05pm
I say we all throw in a couple bucks and he will have to say our screen names every week when he's on the podium.
MBBadgers
3/7/2011 12:07pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
They should at least pay Reedy bonus's, after all they arn't paying any to josh grant but still have two honda's at the front of the...
They should at least pay Reedy bonus's, after all they arn't paying any to josh grant but still have two honda's at the front of the pack.
I believe by Reed being on a Honda, he get's the contingency monies and bonuses. No different then McGrath in his day with Yamaha or Stewart now. Unless the bonuses are contract based? Not sure on that but I thought they posted a deal if you won on a "blank" bike you get the Championship Bonus to all who compete.
DownSouth
3/7/2011 12:18pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
They should at least pay Reedy bonus's, after all they arn't paying any to josh grant but still have two honda's at the front of the...
MBBadgers wrote:
I believe by Reed being on a Honda, he get's the contingency monies and bonuses. No different then McGrath in his day with Yamaha or Stewart...
I believe by Reed being on a Honda, he get's the contingency monies and bonuses. No different then McGrath in his day with Yamaha or Stewart now. Unless the bonuses are contract based? Not sure on that but I thought they posted a deal if you won on a "blank" bike you get the Championship Bonus to all who compete.
According to Reed on the last Pulp MX show he gets no bonus from Honda, just the standard Honda contingency and AMA purse money. Reed did not even know what the contingency was for his San Diego win and they looked it up and found it to be 10,000 for 450 SX win. The 10g's is far from what a normal factory rider would have for a bonus in their contract.
Taylor156
3/7/2011 12:27pm
I thought ARMA was going to step up! They sponsor Lawrence and he doesn't even race!
that was dumb
Arma has suzuki city in which he is on and hart's team, last time I checked he is in new jersey with grandpa and riding getting ready for hangtown
DoctorJD
3/7/2011 12:30pm
jasonv43 wrote:
I say we all throw in a couple bucks and he will have to say our screen names every week when he's on the podium.
I've got a better one:
Let's all chip-in and make a donation to 22 Motorsports in the name of "R-acer".

Erin: Wow Chad, that was a aggressive move you just put on James for the win.

CR: Yea, I'd just like to thank all of my sponsors, particularly R-acer from Vital MX, I just don't know how we'd have done it without him.
BLAHBLAH
3/7/2011 12:31pm
BLAHBLAH wrote:
MBBadgers wrote:
I believe by Reed being on a Honda, he get's the contingency monies and bonuses. No different then McGrath in his day with Yamaha or Stewart...
DownSouth wrote:
According to Reed on the last Pulp MX show he gets no bonus from Honda, just the standard Honda contingency and AMA purse money. Reed did...
According to Reed on the last Pulp MX show he gets no bonus from Honda, just the standard Honda contingency and AMA purse money. Reed did not even know what the contingency was for his San Diego win and they looked it up and found it to be 10,000 for 450 SX win. The 10g's is far from what a normal factory rider would have for a bonus in their contract.
You beat me to it....

Reed gets contingency money, not "bonus's" which are contraction based. Just a guess, Canard probably got 100k for his win on a Honda, CR got 10K for contingency and 12k in purse money.
3/7/2011 12:33pm
that was dumb
What's so dumb about it? ARMA seems to be putting a lot into motocross. Doesn't it make sense to sponsor a rider that is racing and just won? Reed doesn't have a energy sponsor and if ARMA is putting in all this effort, at least they could have a rider on the gate in the 450 class!!
morning_stiffy
3/7/2011 12:34pm
jasonv43 wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
I've got a better one: Let's all chip-in and make a donation to 22 Motorsports in the name of "R-acer". [i]Erin: Wow Chad, that was a...
I've got a better one:
Let's all chip-in and make a donation to 22 Motorsports in the name of "R-acer".

Erin: Wow Chad, that was a aggressive move you just put on James for the win.

CR: Yea, I'd just like to thank all of my sponsors, particularly R-acer from Vital MX, I just don't know how we'd have done it without him.
LOL. Funny, but anyone outside of Vital wouldnt get the joke...

And I'm not about to pay to see Reed say a name on TV...
BLAHBLAH
3/7/2011 12:34pm
Oh and a side note, Reed paid all expenses out of his pocket. Honda paid Canard's expenses.
3/7/2011 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2011 12:36pm
Taylor156 wrote:
Arma has suzuki city in which he is on and hart's team, last time I checked he is in new jersey with grandpa and riding getting...
Arma has suzuki city in which he is on and hart's team, last time I checked he is in new jersey with grandpa and riding getting ready for hangtown
It wasn't a bash Lawrence post cause I couldn't careless what he does or doesn't do. Point is ARMA is putting a lot of effort in and wouldn't it make sense to sponsor a rider in the 450 class that is looking for sponsors? Not just a gate filler but someone that can win!
ocscottie
3/7/2011 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2011 12:39pm
This pic was posted over the weekend from someones twitter, never saw the Honda Racing deal on his front # plate before, and in the pre race vids from Daytona it looked like Kehoe sure was around him a lot. I wonder if they are stepping up and helping him more?
DownSouth
3/7/2011 12:38pm
that was dumb
What's so dumb about it? ARMA seems to be putting a lot into motocross. Doesn't it make sense to sponsor a rider that is racing and...
What's so dumb about it? ARMA seems to be putting a lot into motocross. Doesn't it make sense to sponsor a rider that is racing and just won? Reed doesn't have a energy sponsor and if ARMA is putting in all this effort, at least they could have a rider on the gate in the 450 class!!
What is Arma's deal are they just a regional brand out west? I have never seen there product in any store and was just on a long cross country trip from FL all through the southeast and midwest and was in and out of tons of gas stations/convenience stores. Never saw a trace of any energy nuts.
BLAHBLAH
3/7/2011 12:39pm
ocscottie wrote:
oops, forgot the pic: [img]https://www.ocscottie.com/new/uploads/Reed_honda.JPG[/img]
oops, forgot the pic:

There is certainly no doubt he is on a Honda...
MBBadgers
3/7/2011 12:40pm
ocscottie wrote:
This pic was posted over the weekend from someones twitter, never saw the Honda Racing deal on his front # plate before, and in the pre...
This pic was posted over the weekend from someones twitter, never saw the Honda Racing deal on his front # plate before, and in the pre race vids from Daytona it looked like Kehoe sure was around him a lot. I wonder if they are stepping up and helping him more?
Of course they step in, no different then Lechien back in the 80's when him and Bevo bought the Yamaha and raced SD SX, everyone loves a winner especially when that winner is beating your stable of riders! Too bad Cycle News ain't around anymore (in Print) I am sure you'd see the big Honda 2 page spread with Reed in it !
Taylor156
3/7/2011 12:47pm
ocscottie wrote:
This pic was posted over the weekend from someones twitter, never saw the Honda Racing deal on his front # plate before, and in the pre...
oc- lars said it was because of daytona and honda sponsoring it but who knows Im sure there helping out more, but Savino said no comment so who knows in this economy, seely to ride for grant why not give chad some parts can't hurt
Taylor156
3/7/2011 12:49pm
that was dumb
What's so dumb about it? ARMA seems to be putting a lot into motocross. Doesn't it make sense to sponsor a rider that is racing and...
Chris, Tedesco and Blose are both Arma riders !
Outsider
3/7/2011 12:59pm
jasonv43 wrote:
"I'd like to thank Outsider for the $5, and J.Sloan for the rub down before the race... I was really loose!" Woohoo
3/7/2011 1:06pm
that was dumb
Taylor156 wrote:
Yeah that's right I forgot about them.
ocscottie
3/7/2011 1:09pm
ocscottie wrote:
Taylor156 wrote:
oc- lars said it was because of daytona and honda sponsoring it but who knows Im sure there helping out more, but Savino said no comment...
oc- lars said it was because of daytona and honda sponsoring it but who knows Im sure there helping out more, but Savino said no comment so who knows in this economy, seely to ride for grant why not give chad some parts can't hurt
Ya i didnt even think of that, GuyB just said the same thing, not a Monster event so the riders didnt have to have the usual Monster logos on the front # plate.
morning_stiffy
3/7/2011 1:10pm
Taylor156 wrote:
Yeah that's right I forgot about them.
I think he means a rider that can actually compete...

Tedesco has showed some speed. But Blose is no where near the top 5 guys,

Post a reply to: REED SPONSORSHIP

The Latest