RED BULL 180 RHYTHM

LowPsi
Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 7:15am
Dear Red Bull, please consider this:

Move the start and the first half of the Straight Rhythm on to to the back straight and through turns 3 and 4. Fill turns 3 and 4 with whoops and rhythm section. Keep the final stretch and finish line the same. That way we could see the entire race. Use staggered starts to adjust for the turn. Keep everything else the same.

Change the name to Red Bull 180 Rhythm. Marketing Genius.

It's a great event but having to watch half on a big screen makes only half of what it could be.

Moving the race this year to the Track and Grandstands was a great idea. Much cooler.

PS a Night Race would be even cooler.

Thank you.

|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/10/2015 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2015 4:55pm
LowPsi wrote:
Dear Red Bull, please consider this: Move the start and the first half of the Straight Rhythm on to to the back straight and through turns...

Move the start and the first half of the Straight Rhythm on to to the back straight and through turns 3 and 4. Fill turns 3 and 4 with whoops and rhythm section. Keep the final stretch and finish line the same. That way we could see the entire race. Use staggered starts to adjust for the turn. Keep everything else the same.

It's a great event but having to watch half on a big screen makes only half of what it could be.

Moving the race this year to the Track and Grandstands was a great idea. Much cooler.

Thank you.

Wait... if it's at night at they just keep going around the next corner... we could call it... the Red Bull Supercross-Nascar! Sorry, I had to say it...

IMO.. please keep it in a straight line.
stangkag
10/10/2015 4:55pm
LowPsi wrote:
Dear Red Bull, please consider this: Move the start and the first half of the Straight Rhythm on to to the back straight and through turns...

Thank you.

Race looked great from my PC
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/10/2015 4:57pm
stangkag wrote:
Exactly, the Red Bull Straight Rhythm wasn't designed to live off being in-person spectator event (sort of like Rampage), it's a made for TV style event.
Gringoe
10/10/2015 5:01pm
stangkag wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Exactly, the Red Bull Straight Rhythm wasn't designed to live off being in-person spectator event (sort of like Rampage), it's a made for TV style event.
If it was tweaked slightly I think the idea of running down a major city street could be incredible for in person viewing and a game changer for mx/sx. Have a beer in the pub while James and Kenny scrub by you. However impossible it would be to get it there is a different story

The Shop

IceMan446
10/10/2015 5:23pm
Gringoe wrote:
If it was tweaked slightly I think the idea of running down a major city street could be incredible for in person viewing and a game...
If it was tweaked slightly I think the idea of running down a major city street could be incredible for in person viewing and a game changer for mx/sx. Have a beer in the pub while James and Kenny scrub by you. However impossible it would be to get it there is a different story
San Fran would be a cool city to do it.

Some of their different elevation streets could make for some cool step down or step up jumps.

I would love to see it on a city street one day. And I believe Matthes said thats their goal.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/10/2015 5:33pm
Gringoe wrote:
If it was tweaked slightly I think the idea of running down a major city street could be incredible for in person viewing and a game...
I heard a rumor that was the original idea behind this event if it gets big enough.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
10/10/2015 5:51pm
Gringoe wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I heard a rumor that was the original idea behind this event if it gets big enough.
That was the original idea. It might work better for Supermoto with metal ramps.

Setup and tear down for a dirt track is a minimum two days of road closures with the amount of dirt needed.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/10/2015 5:53pm
That was the original idea. It might work better for Supermoto with metal ramps. Setup and tear down for a dirt track is a minimum two...
That was the original idea. It might work better for Supermoto with metal ramps.

Setup and tear down for a dirt track is a minimum two days of road closures with the amount of dirt needed.
Yup, I would really be surprised to see it done on city streets.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
10/10/2015 5:56pm
That was the original idea. It might work better for Supermoto with metal ramps. Setup and tear down for a dirt track is a minimum two...

ML512 wrote:
Yup, I would really be surprised to see it done on city streets.
It would be pretty cool though. I'd be there to watch.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/10/2015 6:16pm
I'm still dreaming of a beach race in Southern California... Laughing
Charper732
10/10/2015 6:23pm
I think the test event and the event last year had a better layout than the race this year. Either way, I hope redbull keeps funding this event!
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
10/10/2015 6:24pm
ML512 wrote:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm working on it.
bvm111
10/10/2015 7:11pm
LowPsi wrote:

Thank you.

why don't you promote that yourself and see how it goes.... mr marketing genious
10/10/2015 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2015 7:15pm
ML512 wrote:
There's probably some micro organisms in the sand that an environmentalist group would lobby to save and destroy the race. Good ol Cal-lib-fornia.
burnside
10/10/2015 10:48pm
I think this concept is wasted in settings like this. I enjoyed the racing, but after watching last year I was hoping it would be in a more interesting setting. So much potential, but not visually arresting in an empty horse track with porter loos in the background! Fingers crossed they can find more dynamic locations in the future eh, otherwise I think the concept is kind of futile.
Crush
10/11/2015 4:04am
Could be pretty cool to have two 180s and a lap–similar to monster truck or velodrome... But with a much tighter 180 wall berm like St Louis 09... Starting gates opposite directions off to the side, first back to the start.
10/11/2015 4:34am
ML512 wrote:
There's probably some micro organisms in the sand that an environmentalist group would lobby to save and destroy the race. Good ol Cal-lib-fornia.
I think Pastrana already ruined any possibility of this happening.

Olson
10/11/2015 6:14am
They can do it over here. With the size and amount of pot holes we have they don't even need to build a track.
Whitey
10/11/2015 7:15am
I think i am in the minority, i tried watching the event this evening, fast forwarded to the final after 3 runs as it was as boring as batshit to me.

Post a reply to: RED BULL 180 RHYTHM

The Latest