RD's need a smoke break before LV

OldYZRider1
3/23/2015 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 10:15pm
Canard out, big points gap to Tomac. Time to roll out a two smoke at one round before Vegas. Make it a 300cc please. It'd be a throwaway race points wise but could be a marketing coup especially since Reed lit a spark a couple of rounds ago.

JUST DO IT KTM!
|
logan_140
3/23/2015 7:21pm
Canard out, big points gap to Tomac. Time to roll out a two smoke at one round before Vegas. Make it a 300cc please. It'd be...
Canard out, big points gap to Tomac. Time to roll out a two smoke at one round before Vegas. Make it a 300cc please. It'd be a throwaway race points wise but could be a marketing coup especially since Reed lit a spark a couple of rounds ago.

JUST DO IT KTM!
Would the rules even allow him to in sx?
DownSouth
3/23/2015 7:21pm
300cc is not legal in the 450 class.
Sully
3/23/2015 7:30pm
You realize he's never raced a 2-stroke professionally, right? Why would he want to get mid-pack finishes just to make a few fanboys moist?
hvaughn88
3/23/2015 7:34pm
I love two strokes but posts like this make me want to run out and buy a brand new 450

The Shop

AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
3/23/2015 7:34pm
WTF? A calculated rider like RD have a throw away while leading a championship? Not. Knife to a gun fight? Not. Any possible thinking of running a two stoke in SX at KTM or from RD? Not.
logan_140
3/23/2015 7:37pm
Sully wrote:
You realize he's never raced a 2-stroke professionally, right? Why would he want to get mid-pack finishes just to make a few fanboys moist?
I thought this too lol. Would be so cool to see but much rather see reed or js7 run one as they know how to ride them
Grizz
3/23/2015 8:01pm
JS7.

What better way to come back and gain fans.
What hvaughn said...
Cancerman
3/23/2015 9:48pm
I think this thread is just to crank up us 2 smokers. Just smile and say "No thanks".Wink
OldYZRider1
3/24/2015 7:48am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 8:01am
Sully wrote:
Doesn't matter what Dungey wants really; what's KTM want? The sport revolves around marketing motorcycles don't kid yourself thinking otherwise. KTM's continuing to pursue two stroke development so here's an opportunity for some high profile marketing for them worldwide.

Sure a 300's illegal but maybe all they'd have to do is tell the AMA they're gonna race it or Dungey won't be back; that strategy worked for Carmichael and RD during fuel gate didn't it? Nobody would want to see another top rider out at this point.

Not sure about Dungey's abilities on a two stroke but a 300cc might be close enough to a 450 that he'd manage ok. Surely with the thinned out class he'd get into the top ten and possibly top five not that it'd matter much.

Could be the best bad mistake KTM could make?
wanglimp
3/24/2015 8:11am
Sully wrote:
Doesn't matter what Dungey wants really; what's KTM want? The sport revolves around marketing motorcycles don't kid yourself thinking otherwise. KTM's continuing to pursue two stroke...
Doesn't matter what Dungey wants really; what's KTM want? The sport revolves around marketing motorcycles don't kid yourself thinking otherwise. KTM's continuing to pursue two stroke development so here's an opportunity for some high profile marketing for them worldwide.

Sure a 300's illegal but maybe all they'd have to do is tell the AMA they're gonna race it or Dungey won't be back; that strategy worked for Carmichael and RD during fuel gate didn't it? Nobody would want to see another top rider out at this point.

Not sure about Dungey's abilities on a two stroke but a 300cc might be close enough to a 450 that he'd manage ok. Surely with the thinned out class he'd get into the top ten and possibly top five not that it'd matter much.

I thought you were just kidding around, until this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BTW, I think the 2015 SX championship is what KTM wants right now, if you dont agree with that buisness strategy I strongly suggest you go speak to Roger DeCoster and see what he thinks.
RY4N37
3/24/2015 8:21am
Sully wrote:
Doesn't matter what Dungey wants really; what's KTM want? The sport revolves around marketing motorcycles don't kid yourself thinking otherwise. KTM's continuing to pursue two stroke...

So the guy in the lead of the championship is going to turn up with an illegal bike and say 'let me ride this or I'm not racing for you ever again'. Therefore throwing away his championship.

I think you might be on to something. Blink
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
3/24/2015 8:23am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I love two strokes but posts like this make me want to run out and buy a brand new 450
hahaa
OldYZRider1
3/24/2015 8:26am
Sully wrote:

RY4N37 wrote:
So the guy in the lead of the championship is going to turn up with an illegal bike and say 'let me ride this or I'm...
So the guy in the lead of the championship is going to turn up with an illegal bike and say 'let me ride this or I'm not racing for you ever again'. Therefore throwing away his championship.

Yes, almost exactly like when Carmichael got caught with illegal leaded fuel a few years back and threatened to pull out of the series while leading. No difference that I see.
hvaughn88 wrote:
Samesies.
hvaughn88

RY4N37 wrote:
So the guy in the lead of the championship is going to turn up with an illegal bike and say 'let me ride this or I'm...

Yes, almost exactly like when Carmichael got caught with illegal leaded fuel a few years back and threatened to pull out of the series while leading...
Yes, almost exactly like when Carmichael got caught with illegal leaded fuel a few years back and threatened to pull out of the series while leading. No difference that I see.
So Carmichael was running leaded fuel for the sake of novelty?
TannerMxer
3/24/2015 8:35am
This is seriously one of the dumbest ideas. What team would ever spend a bunch of money to get a 2-stroke competitive enough to make the night show in the middle of a season?
RY4N37
3/24/2015 8:36am

RY4N37 wrote:

Yes, almost exactly like when Carmichael got caught with illegal leaded fuel a few years back and threatened to pull out of the series while leading...
Oh yeah it's exactly the same. In that situation it was an absolutely minuscule trace of lead in the fuel, it was the right decision to give RC his points back. There is no way they would've given in to that had his entire bike been illegal, nor would he have been stupid enough to give them that ultimatum
OldYZRider1
3/24/2015 8:38am
wanglimp wrote:
I thought you were just kidding around, until this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BTW, I think the 2015 SX championship is what KTM wants right now, if you dont...
I thought you were just kidding around, until this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BTW, I think the 2015 SX championship is what KTM wants right now, if you dont agree with that buisness strategy I strongly suggest you go speak to Roger DeCoster and see what he thinks.
Of course you do realize that Ryan could wrap up the championship in Houston, three rounds early; he is that many points up on second place. It is MX and shit happens but he could probably do one race event on a smoker. If he wraps early maybe even more Smile
OldYZRider1
3/24/2015 8:41am
TannerMxer wrote:
This is seriously one of the dumbest ideas. What team would ever spend a bunch of money to get a 2-stroke competitive enough to make the...
This is seriously one of the dumbest ideas. What team would ever spend a bunch of money to get a 2-stroke competitive enough to make the night show in the middle of a season?
KTM has alot of competitive two strokes racing everywhere around the world. I wouldn't overestimate the effort it might take.
steveada
3/24/2015 8:48am
Maybe he should just contact that guy who provided Reeds 2 stroke in ATL. Maybe he has an old 250sx Dungey could ride in opening ceremonies and it would only cost his team 250 bucks.
3/24/2015 8:53am
You've got to do a ton of development and testing before taking to the track. This isn't the Vet Class at the state fair.
OldYZRider1
3/24/2015 8:55am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 9:07am
RY4N37 wrote:

RY4N37 wrote:
Oh yeah it's exactly the same. In that situation it was an absolutely minuscule trace of lead in the fuel, it was the right decision to...
Oh yeah it's exactly the same. In that situation it was an absolutely minuscule trace of lead in the fuel, it was the right decision to give RC his points back. There is no way they would've given in to that had his entire bike been illegal, nor would he have been stupid enough to give them that ultimatum
Yeah and KTM will only be adding a three tablespoons of displacement Smile

I guess according to the rulebook, illegal is illegal, not slightly illegal or acceptably illegal now is it? I'm not concerned about the legality of Carmichael's situation but it just illustrates the fact that the manufacturer's participating in ProMX here get things their way if they want them.
ti473
3/24/2015 9:15am
castrol fumes have made OP delusional
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/24/2015 9:19am
No.
OldYZRider1
3/24/2015 10:43am
I assume that those on here that don't seem to want to see the two strokes racing with the four strokes are those who: 1) work for manufacturer that no longer makes a two stroke for sale here, 2) is a dealer or works/rides for a dealer who carries a brand that does not sell two strokes, 3) somehow make their living off of making/selling/modifying four stroke parts or 4) in some manner are part of the AMA/FELD/MX Sports "gravy train" and think that the two strokes racing will somehow "upset the applecart" and cause untold carnage to their livelihood. I mean why would a "motorcyclist" (which we all are) be so resistant to this concept? Its just a racing machine that with some slight rule modifications could continue to deliver the goods here in Pro racing as its doing in other racing series around the globe.

I'm just a longtime fan who's observed how the AMA has operated in the past and what I've posted is a reflection of how I truly feel the sport "works". I think KTM has a favorable marketing opportunity developing here and could take advantage of it for the benefit of the riders they have chosen to continue to serve. Hell Roczen raced a 125cc at a GP after he wrapped the world title didn't he?
peelout
3/24/2015 12:58pm
DownSouth wrote:
300cc is not legal in the 450 class.
lmao

yep, and that's just fucking ridiculous

Post a reply to: RD's need a smoke break before LV

The Latest