RD says " Nobody is going to walk all over me!!"

7/26/2010 7:18pm
If they both line up on the gate, that's straight up.
haha...ask any racer and they will tell you differently. Why did Stewart wait for Reed back in '02 at Unadilla?
ninety3
7/26/2010 7:51pm
Let's not forget, this come-back track is Unadilla, which has not been kind to JS7 over the years.

I'd say RD5 has a chance to continue his winning ways for at least one more round.

Question,
Which rider do you all think is more nervous about the next race.
Mr. Perfect season, or Mr. nearly perfect season so far as a Rookie ?
7/26/2010 7:53pm
RD showing some fire and some different personality. I like it. I like it A LOT!
TerryK
7/26/2010 7:59pm
You guys are talking like JS' comeback is a sure thing. Remember what he said before Hangtown??? Something to the effect of guaranteeing he would be on the line. What happened there huh??

I'll believe it when I see the number 7 on the gate.

The Shop

7/26/2010 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 8:01pm
TerryK wrote:
You guys are talking like JS' comeback is a sure thing. Remember what he said before Hangtown??? Something to the effect of guaranteeing he would be...
You guys are talking like JS' comeback is a sure thing. Remember what he said before Hangtown??? Something to the effect of guaranteeing he would be on the line. What happened there huh??

Did you listen to the podcast? The reason he was saying that is because he was led to believe it..
TerryK
7/26/2010 8:14pm
Did you listen to the podcast? The reason he was saying that is because he was led to believe it..
Listen to the podcast? You mean DMXS? Have you noticed my sig? lol

For the record, it was the show before Hangtown that JS said he was going to race.
Wandell
7/26/2010 8:17pm
Dungey's on a role and I believe he's gonna keep rolling. JS is in for a rude awakening.
Wandell
7/26/2010 8:17pm
Dungey's on a role and I believe he's gonna keep rolling. JS is in for a rude awakening.
7/26/2010 8:23pm
TerryK wrote:
Listen to the podcast? You mean DMXS? Have you noticed my sig? lol For the record, it was the show before Hangtown that JS said he...
Listen to the podcast? You mean DMXS? Have you noticed my sig? lol

For the record, it was the show before Hangtown that JS said he was going to race.
Ha ha. I forgot where that podcast came from. I don't remember that show. how long before Hangtown was it?
DanDunes818
7/26/2010 8:31pm
* wrote:
[b]"I'm not going to let somebody walk all over me."[/b] This is Richard Carmichael talking. Dungey's choice of words, phrases, etc., have all been learned from...
"I'm not going to let somebody walk all over me."

This is Richard Carmichael talking. Dungey's choice of words, phrases, etc., have all been learned from his time down at the "Ranch".

This is exactly what RC would say - has said?

At any rate, any here who bets against Bubs is in for a let down.
From the looks of his dominance on the track it seems he's learned more than just phrases and wording from RC. The guy has taken it all in and unleashed it on the 450 class.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
7/26/2010 9:10pm
I really like the kid--always seems honest and very focused on the task at hand...winning another championship. Cool helmet too! I still don't understand why he...
I really like the kid--always seems honest and very focused on the task at hand...winning another championship.

Cool helmet too! I still don't understand why he NEVER mentions Target when he thanks his sponsors on the podium!?! He sometimes flashes the glove but never mentions them....hmmmmm I digress....

And, actually, I think he says, "I'm not going to let somebody walk all over me," and he is specifically talking about Stewart because he is responding to the question if he intends to change his game plan (sitting back a little for the first laps before moving to the front) with James being there....jus sayin' Tongue Sounds like he has a lot of respect for Stewart but is not scared of him either. Live on NBC in 2 weeks...just might get good!
IMO Target is smart enough to realize that a logo will stick in someones mind far better than a word mixed in the sponsor ramble that nobody pays attention to anyway.
the_wood109
7/26/2010 9:14pm
Was that Cox that asked him the question?

It looked like on the video to imagine the fact that he might not win, and he responded with a bit more firey response than normal. Looked like his face got a little red with anger at the thought of not winning. The dude is a winner, but so is James.

Neither are gonna back down and I'm not taking sides this time. I hope it (the race) lives up to the hype is all.
observer
7/26/2010 9:33pm
I really like the kid--always seems honest and very focused on the task at hand...winning another championship. Cool helmet too! I still don't understand why he...
I really like the kid--always seems honest and very focused on the task at hand...winning another championship.

Cool helmet too! I still don't understand why he NEVER mentions Target when he thanks his sponsors on the podium!?! He sometimes flashes the glove but never mentions them....hmmmmm I digress....

And, actually, I think he says, "I'm not going to let somebody walk all over me," and he is specifically talking about Stewart because he is responding to the question if he intends to change his game plan (sitting back a little for the first laps before moving to the front) with James being there....jus sayin' Tongue Sounds like he has a lot of respect for Stewart but is not scared of him either. Live on NBC in 2 weeks...just might get good!
ky_savage wrote:
IMO Target is smart enough to realize that a logo will stick in someones mind far better than a word mixed in the sponsor ramble that...
IMO Target is smart enough to realize that a logo will stick in someones mind far better than a word mixed in the sponsor ramble that nobody pays attention to anyway.
Interesting thought....fits.
chrisbuehler
7/26/2010 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 9:40pm
If they both line up on the gate, that's straight up.
haha...ask any racer and they will tell you differently. Why did Stewart wait for Reed back in '02 at Unadilla?
Ok so unless they both holeshot 1-2 it doesn't count? Why did Bubba wait for Reed? Because he was an arrogant punk.
observer
7/26/2010 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 9:40pm
I figure James will probably prevail-IF he doesn't crash out first. If he shows up...
This is Ryans first year on the 450.

I just don't want to see Ryan get caught up in the moment and crash himself out and possibly get hurt. He's got the season wrapped up. And many successful years ahead, if he lets it come to him.
Whitey
7/26/2010 9:38pm
TerryK wrote:
You guys are talking like JS' comeback is a sure thing. Remember what he said before Hangtown??? Something to the effect of guaranteeing he would be...

Yep, heard it all before havent we Terry.

I wont believe it until he is rounding the first turn in the first moto.
IceMan446
7/26/2010 10:13pm
Ok so unless they both holeshot 1-2 it doesn't count? Why did Bubba wait for Reed? Because he was an arrogant punk.
Well Reed is still pissed about that to this day...so James' plan of fucking with him worked. It's one thing to beat some one but its some thing else to make a rider look like a fool. That stings far worse and for a lot longer then getting smoked by 20 seconds.
racin mason
7/26/2010 10:14pm
The way I see it is James has to have his wrist 100% good as new,his fitness has to be the best its ever been,his bike has to be completely dialed,and mentally he can not make any mistakes.If he does all of this, then maybe he could beat Ryan.
7/27/2010 12:16am
About Target, does anyone else think that they asked him to change, "I'd like to thank God" to "I gotta give it to the Man above"?

I don't know when exactly he changed it but he did.
burnside
7/27/2010 2:07am
observer wrote:
Interesting thought....fits.
Yeah, those sponser list spiels are pathetic. Worst part is, they must be totally un-effective. I mean, has anyone here ever bought a pair of Dunlops because Dungey or Reed said they hooked up well? Its mindless tradition that needs to be scapped! You don't hear that junk in F1!
kongols
7/27/2010 2:24am
If we go by some wierd logic, then in 2008 Shorts qualifying laptime at Budds Creek was 2:01, same as this year. Dungey had 1:59. Stewart in 2008 had 1:57. With all those injurys and time off the bike it`s going to be close, but I will give it to JS.
jemcee
7/27/2010 2:37am
what i think is important to...think is that it'll matter a lot more to one than the other if they're in second if you know what i mean?
if stewart is in second i don't reckon he'll deal with it cause of everyone he listens to tells him how fast he is.. sorry i don't wanna be a hater but he makes it so easy
nnnooo i don't mean that........ mmm yes i do........ haha nnooo......... yeah, anyway

besides Dungey is A LOT faster than he looks just cause he isn't flashy and doesn't scrub everywhere and smash all the berms.. with all that said i'm not 100% sure he'll beat stewart but i hope he does
SMITH201
7/27/2010 5:03am
RC is teaching this kid well and putting the right things in his head. Dung Beetle needs to thank RD and RC for his life!
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
7/27/2010 5:28am
JS is starting to remind me of Mike Tyson, counting on his skills to pull it off, not taking shit serious, then decides to take shit serious and he's a has been. Some where along the way he got confused about why he was popular, it's a damn shame.
Cygnus
7/27/2010 5:36am
Crash82 wrote:
JS is starting to remind me of Mike Tyson, counting on his skills to pull it off, not taking shit serious, then decides to take shit...
JS is starting to remind me of Mike Tyson, counting on his skills to pull it off, not taking shit serious, then decides to take shit serious and he's a has been. Some where along the way he got confused about why he was popular, it's a damn shame.
I though he was the Axl rose of motocross?
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
7/27/2010 5:45am
Crash82 wrote:
JS is starting to remind me of Mike Tyson, counting on his skills to pull it off, not taking shit serious, then decides to take shit...
Cygnus wrote:
I though he was the Axl rose of motocross?
Ya it was scarey when Bubba wore that wig by the pool, I was freaking, he had the little side winder dance also. These are supposed to be his salad days and he skipped school.
bents
Fantasy
909th
7/27/2010 5:56am
Crash82 wrote:
Crash-perfect. Absolutely perfect. And Dungey's response to the question was perfect as well. He was careful not to criticize or call out anyone (Stewart), always gives respect to his competitors so as not to add fuel to anyone's fire. This shows maturity and discipline. He won't allow himself to get cocky or overconfident. People may criticize him for being robotic or flashy, but his psychology for competition is similar to that of many great champions, not just RC. But at the same time, he did illustrate enough confidence to say that he wasn't going to accept being easily beaten either, while covering his bases enough to say that the championship is the most important thing, which it is.

Great champions understand how to manage a series and their competition. At the end of the day, as RC says, "Scoreboard". Period. He won't get sucked into a pissing match with Stewart, but won't be afraid to throw down either. He knows he has 35 minutes of full tilt in the bank.
sc961
7/27/2010 6:08am
Here's the way I look at it.

James has more raw speed than anyone riding today.

Dungey has more confidence than anyone riding today.

Dungey has nothing to lose, James has everything to lose. Everyone expects Stewart to come back and walk away, except RD.

If RD does happen to beat James, all will say it's due to the layoff from riding. If James walks away with it, the other side will say see I told you James was "the fastest man on the planet."

Can't wait for all the guys to get healthy, line up together and hammer it out. It should be some great racing.
bents
Fantasy
909th
7/27/2010 6:17am
sc961,

Absolutely right on. The perfect storm would be RV, JS, CR, RD, CP, AS, JS, KW, IT, MA, TC, JW, all line up healthy and ready to go at A1. Not to mention Justin Brayton, Kyle Regal, and others who can get a wheel in there. The lites guys mentioned above (JW, CP, TC) are all going to make some noise in the big bike class too.

Post a reply to: RD says " Nobody is going to walk all over me!!"

The Latest