RD says " Nobody is going to walk all over me!!"

DanDunes818
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 10:56pm
Did you guys catch the 450 post show from Washougal.. In the press conference they asked RD about JS coming back and if he was going to go after him or lay up for the title. RD made it very clear he was going to go after him. Saying I'm not going to let anyone including James Stewart walk all over me. With the confidence RD has right now it will be hard to beat him.

Here's a link to the video

http://www.allisports.com/motocross/video/washougal-national-post-show-…
|
Spinner
7/26/2010 1:19pm
I watched that last night. Painful to sit and watch that.
peelout719
7/26/2010 1:30pm
Spinner wrote:
did you notice how much emotion he showed? probably from the tough times at suzuki...

The Shop

TerryK
7/26/2010 1:35pm
He didn't actually say "including James Stewart".

He sure looked deadly serious!!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
7/26/2010 1:43pm
I gotta think that Dungey is just itching to race Stewart. These guys want to race against the best, especially when they are at their best. If I was Dungey and everything was clicking, I would be looking forward to the challenge more than anything.
Spinner
7/26/2010 1:55pm
Spinner wrote:
peelout719 wrote:
did you notice how much emotion he showed? probably from the tough times at suzuki...
I wasn't referring to Dungey or the poverty stricken Suzuki team.
DanDunes818
7/26/2010 1:56pm
TerryK wrote:

My bad.. I watched it last night and misquoted a little i guess. I'm pretty sure he was talking specifically about Stewart though.
DanDunes818
7/26/2010 1:58pm
ok... wtf!!! 9:46 in the post show... watch the 10 seconds before that... at 9:47 in its editted... it SHOWS a cut, what was said before...
ok... wtf!!!

9:46 in the post show... watch the 10 seconds before that... at 9:47 in its editted... it SHOWS a cut, what was said before hand?!?!?!

http://www.allisports.com/...tional-post-show-450
I noticed that too. I was curious as well. Maybe Guy B or somebody that may have been there can fill in the blanks for us.
PD441
7/26/2010 2:03pm
Spinner wrote:
peelout719 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down.
jasonv43
7/26/2010 2:26pm
Notice he didn't say Jason Lawrence though.

Just kidding but I noticed that too. The kid is confident that's for sure.
chrisbuehler
7/26/2010 2:30pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Notice he didn't say Jason Lawrence though.

Just kidding but I noticed that too. The kid is confident that's for sure.
Hey J-Law got a podium at Washougal last year in case you didn't know.
TerryK
7/26/2010 2:30pm
My bad.. I watched it last night and misquoted a little i guess. I'm pretty sure he was talking specifically about Stewart though.
Lol, no prob, I was just funnin' ya' anyway!

But this kind of mis-quote can sometime really get things fucked up right? lol
mr50racer
7/26/2010 2:35pm
Well if he does have a chance against Bubbles, he better go WFO from the start. He can't lay back for 4 or 5 laps like he has been doing.......
drmarkr
7/26/2010 2:41pm
peelout719 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
PD441 wrote:
I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down.
Me too.....

*rubbing my ears*
JACK_Schit
7/26/2010 2:55pm
James is fresh (and I will be very hungry) and if he has a solid 35 minutes of fitness dont count him out of anything.

Bike handling wise what is better the Yamaha or the SUzuki?
Flatliner
7/26/2010 3:09pm
JACK_Schit wrote:
James is fresh (and I will be very hungry) and if he has a solid 35 minutes of fitness dont count him out of anything. Bike...
James is fresh (and I will be very hungry) and if he has a solid 35 minutes of fitness dont count him out of anything.

At that level is all about how good the rider is at setup.

Dungey looks dialed bike wise though.
7/26/2010 3:11pm
TerryK wrote:

I really like the kid--always seems honest and very focused on the task at hand...winning another championship.

Cool helmet too! I still don't understand why he NEVER mentions Target when he thanks his sponsors on the podium!?! He sometimes flashes the glove but never mentions them....hmmmmm I digress....

And, actually, I think he says, "I'm not going to let somebody walk all over me," and he is specifically talking about Stewart because he is responding to the question if he intends to change his game plan (sitting back a little for the first laps before moving to the front) with James being there....jus sayin' Tongue Sounds like he has a lot of respect for Stewart but is not scared of him either. Live on NBC in 2 weeks...just might get good!
Stephon
7/26/2010 3:26pm
TerryK wrote:

I really like the kid--always seems honest and very focused on the task at hand...winning another championship. Cool helmet too! I still don't understand why he...
I really like the kid--always seems honest and very focused on the task at hand...winning another championship.

Cool helmet too! I still don't understand why he NEVER mentions Target when he thanks his sponsors on the podium!?! He sometimes flashes the glove but never mentions them....hmmmmm I digress....

And, actually, I think he says, "I'm not going to let somebody walk all over me," and he is specifically talking about Stewart because he is responding to the question if he intends to change his game plan (sitting back a little for the first laps before moving to the front) with James being there....jus sayin' Tongue Sounds like he has a lot of respect for Stewart but is not scared of him either. Live on NBC in 2 weeks...just might get good!
I'm really impressed with Dungey on the track, but responding to a direct question isn't one of his strengths.

Looking forward to this weekend. I'm sure Ryan will do the smart thing and whatever that entails given the situation. He and James have very different agendas.
DanDunes818
7/26/2010 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 5:25pm
JACK_Schit wrote:
James is fresh (and I will be very hungry) and if he has a solid 35 minutes of fitness dont count him out of anything. Bike...

" if he has a solid 35 minutes of fitness "

That's a big if..

If you would of asked me 3 weeks ago if Dungey had a chance vs Stewart I would of said no way. Now if someone asks me if Stewart has a chance vs Dungey I'll say maybe.
gt80rider
7/26/2010 5:53pm
no doubt....... true deep down confidence is MUCH more important....
RMZ819
7/26/2010 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2010 6:34pm

Note to Dungey, Stewart is going to walk all over you.

True Story!!!!!!!
Hank_Thrill
7/26/2010 6:37pm
My money is on Dungey. Both these guys have egos the size of Jupiter, but I'd say Dungey will be more comfortable running a fast pace because his bike is totally dialed in, he's dialed in. Stewart may have a little more speed, but I see him struggling with his fitness and bike set up. (The dude has hardly tested, versus five years of development and data testing the RMZ450).
grimey
7/26/2010 6:46pm
gt80rider wrote:
no doubt....... true deep down confidence is MUCH more important....
U take the confidence, ill take the speed. in other words, wish in one hand, shit in the other. See which fills up first
7/26/2010 6:57pm
"I'm not going to let somebody walk all over me."

This is Richard Carmichael talking. Dungey's choice of words, phrases, etc., have all been learned from his time down at the "Ranch".

This is exactly what RC would say - has said?

At any rate, any here who bets against Bubs is in for a let down.
7/26/2010 7:00pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
I gotta think that Dungey is just itching to race Stewart. These guys want to race against the best, especially when they are at their best...
I gotta think that Dungey is just itching to race Stewart. These guys want to race against the best, especially when they are at their best. If I was Dungey and everything was clicking, I would be looking forward to the challenge more than anything.
Right on. I got Bubba taking a moto or two, but not completing his 4 race series. Hopefully at least couple of their motos will be 'straight up' with both getting good starts.
chrisbuehler
7/26/2010 7:09pm
Did you guys catch the 450 post show from Washougal.. In the press conference they asked RD about JS coming back and if he was going...
Did you guys catch the 450 post show from Washougal.. In the press conference they asked RD about JS coming back and if he was going to go after him or lay up for the title. RD made it very clear he was going to go after him. Saying I'm not going to let anyone including James Stewart walk all over me. With the confidence RD has right now it will be hard to beat him.

Here's a link to the video

http://www.allisports.com/motocross/video/washougal-national-post-show-…
If they both line up on the gate, that's straight up.

Post a reply to: RD says " Nobody is going to walk all over me!!"

The Latest