RC on Everts

Hawwy
Edited Date/Time 3/16/2012 8:38pm
Orsum!
|
bullpen58
3/10/2012 7:54pm
I'll bet Everts creamed his jeans when he heard the GOAT say that.
Katoom72
3/10/2012 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2012 8:28pm
It's true and RC knows it.

And i bet the Americans started a riot once they heard it.
3/10/2012 8:28pm
i thought for sure emig was going to chime in and talk about ricky lapping the entire field at the millville mudder.
Overdrive
3/10/2012 8:28pm
Everts is the man but RC was no slouch in the mud, he lapped everyone at millville in the mud. Best mud ride I have ever seen was from RC.

The Shop

Hawwy
3/10/2012 8:46pm
i thought for sure emig was going to chime in and talk about ricky lapping the entire field at the millville mudder.
Everts wasn't in that race Wink
bullpen58
3/10/2012 8:49pm
I don't know how RC can keep a straight face when someone like Ralph asks him who he thinks the best at something related to moto was. I'm sure RC was being honest though. Everts is a bad dude.....BUT, he is NOT the GOAT. There is only ONE GOAT (with all due respect).
Craze
3/10/2012 8:59pm
bullpen58 wrote:
I don't know how RC can keep a straight face when someone like Ralph asks him who he thinks the best at something related to moto...
I don't know how RC can keep a straight face when someone like Ralph asks him who he thinks the best at something related to moto was. I'm sure RC was being honest though. Everts is a bad dude.....BUT, he is NOT the GOAT. There is only ONE GOAT (with all due respect).
Hmmm...Interesting statement.
Katoom72
3/10/2012 9:08pm
Everts and RC are best at their own thing, motocross isnt just 1+1=2. Different conditions make different riders shine.

I am a big fan of Everts his technique in mud and sand, everyone that has an eye for it knows it looks like from another planet when he balances and sweet throttle his bike trough rough conditions. RC's badass bike style isnt to be laughed at either, he has lots of talent for all different conditions and thats what is making him the GOAT. But the Legend is and will remain a Legend to the sport. Smile Everts has the textbook technique no other rider has.

About Millville, it just shows how the rest off the field lacked mud riding skills. Wink Not putting any less credit on RC tough, he showed he's great on any type of terrain.
Mstock
3/10/2012 9:44pm
You would think since the GP's are a second rate much slower series an American B rider would easily win more than 100 GP's. Maybe Zach Osbourne can do it. When was the last time a American rider raced both the 125/250 or 250/450 nationals on the same day? And won all 4 moto's? Was it RC in 2003?
fader418
3/10/2012 9:46pm
bullpen58 wrote:
I don't know how RC can keep a straight face when someone like Ralph asks him who he thinks the best at something related to moto...
this!
ATKpilot99
3/10/2012 9:51pm
Mstock wrote:
You would think since the GP's are a second rate much slower series an American B rider would easily win more than 100 GP's. Maybe Zach...
You would think since the GP's are a second rate much slower series an American B rider would easily win more than 100 GP's. Maybe Zach Osbourne can do it. When was the last time a American rider raced both the 125/250 or 250/450 nationals on the same day? And won all 4 moto's? Was it RC in 2003?
Not allowed in the nationals.
3/10/2012 10:28pm
RC is a very mature individual...I wish some on this forum would take some from him!! One has to be professional and know what is what. I'm really impressed with his maturity, I also liked how Chad was honest in the booth tonight as well, however; he is still out there competing with the guys so he can't let his guard down!!
3/11/2012 1:54am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2012 4:46am
I liked the comment there from RC and I also agree with it. Stefan was "the" mud and sand master.

I think those conditions especially emphasized his already damn near perfect technique - up on the balls of his feet, gripping the bike with his legs, exceptional form and throttle control etc. And of course mud varies depending on the amount of rainfall and the surface it lands on. I think it's fair to say Evert's pretty much won under every sort of mud and sand there is multiple times over his career.
jndmx
3/11/2012 4:28am
RC is a class guy and knows the Moto world is just that........the world.
Not at all surprised to see him show Everts the respect he is due.
Whitey
3/11/2012 5:04am
I was there that day Ricky is talking about, that was something else watching Stefan make that track look dry.
burnside
3/11/2012 5:06am
One thing I always like about RC, on the rare occasion that it happened, he was always very gracious in defeat and gave credit where it was due.
tns
3/11/2012 5:25am
everts would be just as truthful about rc if asked. If any of you were at ernee in 05 at the des nations rc should everyone how to do it ,everts was ill and well off that day but even if fit i don't think he would of stayed on rc's pace. I was so bummed that rc was injured for matterly basin as everts was on that day and it would of been epic to see them both go at it properly
DonM
3/11/2012 6:02am
Mstock wrote:
You would think since the GP's are a second rate much slower series an American B rider would easily win more than 100 GP's. Maybe Zach...
When Everts did that the GP's were running a one moto format.....still a great accomplishment.
Hawwy
3/11/2012 6:50am
Whitey wrote:
I was there that day Ricky is talking about, that was something else watching Stefan make that track look dry.
+ 1
burnside
3/11/2012 8:42am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2012 8:45am
tns wrote:
everts would be just as truthful about rc if asked. If any of you were at ernee in 05 at the des nations rc should everyone...
everts would be just as truthful about rc if asked. If any of you were at ernee in 05 at the des nations rc should everyone how to do it ,everts was ill and well off that day but even if fit i don't think he would of stayed on rc's pace. I was so bummed that rc was injured for matterly basin as everts was on that day and it would of been epic to see them both go at it properly
Yes, Everts agreed with you too... I love the end of this clip.. "its a shame Ricky isn't racing because he would have raced for the win" haha.

Moto331
3/11/2012 8:49am
If everts grew balls and tried to race over here during the RC era, he would of been eatin' alive. Probably lapped in supercross alone..
Flip109
3/11/2012 9:22am
I agree. If he'd have came over here and raced he wouldnt be half the legend he is or even a legend at all.
SlowMoFo
3/11/2012 9:29am
tns wrote:
everts would be just as truthful about rc if asked. If any of you were at ernee in 05 at the des nations rc should everyone...
burnside wrote:
Yes, Everts agreed with you too... I love the end of this clip..[i] "its a shame Ricky isn't racing because he would have raced for the...
Yes, Everts agreed with you too... I love the end of this clip.. "its a shame Ricky isn't racing because he would have raced for the win" haha.

Why don't you post the rest of the videos of MXON when Ricky whooped that ass?
burnside
3/11/2012 9:45am
Moto331 wrote:
If everts grew balls and tried to race over here during the RC era, he would of been eatin' alive. Probably lapped in supercross alone..
Supercross he might not as been as much of a contender - why would he? He never raced it. But you are kidding yourself if you think he'd have been 'eaten alive' outdoors. No way Ricky would have gone 24-0.

As mentioned in this post, RC & Everts both seemed to have a lot of respect for each other. Shame the same cant be said about some of the so called 'fans'.
Hawwy
3/11/2012 1:37pm
Moto331 wrote:
Everts did several AMA SX's early in his career - ran 3rd for a long time in one main, ended 5th/6th i think... not bad considering he had just come out of national service with little/no preparation.
Barrett57
3/11/2012 2:08pm
Hawwy wrote:
Everts did several AMA SX's early in his career - ran 3rd for a long time in one main, ended 5th/6th i think... not bad considering...
Everts did several AMA SX's early in his career - ran 3rd for a long time in one main, ended 5th/6th i think... not bad considering he had just come out of national service with little/no preparation.
Please, take your facts somewhere else. Wink
petegrath
3/11/2012 2:35pm
Moto331 wrote:
burnside wrote:
Supercross he might not as been as much of a contender - why would he? He never raced it. But you are kidding yourself if you...
Supercross he might not as been as much of a contender - why would he? He never raced it. But you are kidding yourself if you think he'd have been 'eaten alive' outdoors. No way Ricky would have gone 24-0.

As mentioned in this post, RC & Everts both seemed to have a lot of respect for each other. Shame the same cant be said about some of the so called 'fans'.

No shit! Some of these guys make my head hurt...
Katoom72
3/12/2012 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2012 12:46pm
Flip109 wrote:
I agree. If he'd have came over here and raced he wouldnt be half the legend he is or even a legend at all.
His riding technique alone makes him a legend at the sport. And RC acknowledges that skill by calling him the best mud racer.
Quite weird a vet and pro racer, even the greatest off all time can, but a sport enthusiast(?) can't...

MX des nations 98 @ foxhills, Everts pulled over a minute ahead of the competition. RC was one of them. Wink

They both excell and thats why they have mad respect for eatchother, and everyone with some understanding of the sport shares that same respect.
Titan1
3/12/2012 1:01pm
RC only said everts is the best mud rider because he couldn't say himself. LOL RC on his RMZ450 against Everts in the mud would have been epic! And likely would have come down to the start. (Wasn't the mud at foxhill the only time Everts beat RC?)

Where is that pic sequence of RC on the Cr250 blowing past Everts on the YZF450 at the MXDN???

And what I find funny about Everts in that video, is that when RC beat him (03, I think?) for the MX1 individual win, he said HE was racing for the team victory, and then takes a jab at stewart for doing the same thing he did in 06. I've always been an Everts fan (still am), but I lost a little respect for him after seeing that video...it was a cheap shot that just didn't need to be taken.

In fact, I wish they'd just stop giving awards for the classes at the MXdN...it's a team race, so stop acknowledging the individual aspect of it, it just opens the door for cheap shots like Everts took at Stewart.

That said, I also think Everts is the best mud rider.

Post a reply to: RC on Everts

The Latest