Question for MXoN attendees this year

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 12:24pm
What did you think about the volume of the bass coming out of the PA system. It went on for hours and I couldn't bear to be in the Media Center when it was playing.

I had my ear plugs in but they did next to nothing for the bass and when I put on my ear muffs they seemed to actually make it worse. Tried to escape it by walking as far as way as possible but those low frequency sound waves just kept following me no matter how far away I walked.

NOTE: I admit I'm old and cranky but polled a number of spectators young and old and not ONE person thought the bass was acceptable. A VIP ticket holder said it was pretty intense inside the VIP building as well.

I've been focused on sound issues since around 2007 and believe is less sound equals more ground. This weekend however given the level of the bass my opinion is sound testing the motorcycles at the MXoN was an exercise in futility.

I would also put a body part on it that people living near the Maggiora circuit heard the bass more so than the motorcycles.

|
DeStouwer
9/27/2016 6:15am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 6:47am
I didn't bother me at all. I thought it made the event even more pumped up as it already was. It's true it was loud, but I was just at the trackside the whole day, so it could've been too much at the press centre and VIP. And it's also my kind of music. Smile I can understand it could be disturbing for the locals nearby, but it's just one weekend in the year. People who live next to (big) music festivals have to bear this aswell.

Actually I liked all the music over the weekend. The "bass" music, the hardrock, the Carmina Burana, Luciano Pavarotti and the Italian anthem before racing began.
The Rock
9/27/2016 6:22am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 6:41am
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Appreciate it and hope others will too. I'm really curious to hear what attendees thought of the bass volume.

Regarding the track, the competition, energy level of the fans I thought Maggiora rivaled Ernee last year.

Not sure if it was the Italian anthem or not but the opera music they played on Sunday in the morning just blew my mind. It also reminded me how fortunate I am to still be in love with this sport almost 45 years after my first race.

For me there simply isn't anything cooler than a MXoN event regardless where it is held and the volume of the bass. I am still buzzing from the event and the unbelievable scenery on the drive from Milan to Wels, Austria yesterday. We had lunch near Arco de Trento and I would strongly encourage anyone thinking of hitting a MXGP race to consider Trento.

As an American I love hearing announcing in another language and mingling with hard core fans from all over the world.
Mr. Info
9/27/2016 6:33am
Most of the music sucked. More AC/DC, Iron Maiden, GNR, and other good hard rock
The Rock
9/27/2016 6:35am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 6:40am
What about the bass Mark? To tell you the truth I don't even remember the music (aside from the killer opera music) I guess because the bass was so overwhelming

The Shop

mtl
9/27/2016 7:10am
Damn, you never cease to amaze me with the inane shit classified under your definition of 'safety' that you whine about on internet forums.

What's next? complaining that you stubbed your toe because there weren't paved walkways all around the track?

If you don't want to hear the music (both literal and sound of bikes) don't go to the show.
The Rock
9/27/2016 7:15am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 7:38am
I suggest more fiber in your diet and maybe a book on reading comprehension. I would suggest having someone read it to you though.

xK-Ix
9/27/2016 7:18am
I was pretty impressed by the volume the bass had. In a positive way. Never experienced such good sound on a MX-Track. Most off the time i had my earplugs in and even without it didn't bothered me. But I was also on the track side and there it was probably not that crazy as it was in buildings or near the boxes. But almost on every festivals or concerts the bass is over the top, so i wouldnt be surprised if it was the same there.
But especially in comparison with the crazy amount of chainsaws and other noisemakers near the track the bass was the less annoying thing Wink
TXDirt
9/27/2016 7:22am
From the TV you could absolutely feel the energy. Can't even imagine how awesome it was there in person!
The Rock
9/27/2016 7:29am
xK-Ix wrote:
I was pretty impressed by the volume the bass had. In a positive way. Never experienced such good sound on a MX-Track. Most off the time...
I was pretty impressed by the volume the bass had. In a positive way. Never experienced such good sound on a MX-Track. Most off the time i had my earplugs in and even without it didn't bothered me. But I was also on the track side and there it was probably not that crazy as it was in buildings or near the boxes. But almost on every festivals or concerts the bass is over the top, so i wouldnt be surprised if it was the same there.
But especially in comparison with the crazy amount of chainsaws and other noisemakers near the track the bass was the less annoying thing Wink
Great feedback. Thank you.
9/27/2016 10:04am
i thought the loud music/ bass added to the already amazing atmosphere- I've been to a lot of des nations events (foxhills, Namur, lierop, matterly basin) - thought this one was up there with the best of them. We sat right next to the speakers for the first race on sunday (the ones in the woods on the far side of the track)

one of the best weekends racing I've ever had the privilege to witness first hand. Spent an absolute fortune but worth it ten fold! awesome
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
9/27/2016 10:21am

I'd be more annoyed with the constant chainsaws. Yeah it's part of the ambience, but after hours and hours of it, it would get old. Half these people are not pumped.
JMX82
9/27/2016 10:44am
I think it was bit too loud at the times and I did't care too much for the edm stuff they played most of the time. My ears are still ringing from the noise...
three9zero
9/27/2016 11:09am
Mr. Info wrote:
Most of the music sucked. More AC/DC, Iron Maiden, GNR, and other good hard rock

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/27/2016 12:25pm
I really suggest that you don't go to the Monster Energy Cup.

I also suggest you don't go to any Supercross where they bring in additional subwoofers. Oh, wait...that's just about all of them.
The Rock
9/27/2016 3:22pm
I really suggest you don't chime in on a situation you have no clue about since I've not seen you at any of the last five MXoN including Maggiora.

I also suggest you remember I've been to the last four or so MECs in a row.

Post a reply to: Question for MXoN attendees this year

The Latest