Question about Desalle and Strijbos

fader418
Edited Date/Time 6/6/2013 2:33pm
They raced with the Rockstar team when they were here. The same team that gets zero support from Suzuki in the states? I understand they are both Rockstar teams, but I would think they be with the Factory team. Did Suzuki provide the bikes? Were they factory? It doesn't make sense to me...I know I am a Vitard so please explain this to me
|
Cashmore
6/5/2013 5:43pm
I believe Bobby Hewitt contacted them and made all the arrangments.
fader418
6/5/2013 6:06pm
wow, I thought you knew everything...
I do. Everything except this...
APLMAN99
6/5/2013 8:54pm
fader418 wrote:
They raced with the Rockstar team when they were here. The same team that gets zero support from Suzuki in the states? I understand they are...
They raced with the Rockstar team when they were here. The same team that gets zero support from Suzuki in the states? I understand they are both Rockstar teams, but I would think they be with the Factory team. Did Suzuki provide the bikes? Were they factory? It doesn't make sense to me...I know I am a Vitard so please explain this to me
I think if they truly got ZERO support, they wouldn't allow this to happen......

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Racing/Motocross/TeamSuzuki/RockstarEnergy…

The Shop

Fearo
6/6/2013 1:33am
I believe the bikes were built by Rockstar racing, with Strijbos and Desalle bringing their own suspension, bars,...
So in that case the bikes would not have been 'factory' in the strictest sense of the word, but obviously on the same level. Ken De Dycker was on a factory supported yamaha team a few years back and came over to race Hangtown on a stock YZ450f, so it's not that strange...
jo2910
6/6/2013 1:38am
It was Rockstar not Suzuki that made this happened. With Davi out they wanted to get some riders out in the 450. It seems they even thought about having Strijbos doing the whole season. In the GP team Rockstar is the main sponsor and has a lot of say.

They said they used the Rockstar bikes with their suspension and not the factory suzuki. Their GP bike went straight back to Europe I believe.
Sunhouse
6/6/2013 2:24am
jo2910 wrote:
It was Rockstar not Suzuki that made this happened. With Davi out they wanted to get some riders out in the 450. It seems they even...
It was Rockstar not Suzuki that made this happened. With Davi out they wanted to get some riders out in the 450. It seems they even thought about having Strijbos doing the whole season. In the GP team Rockstar is the main sponsor and has a lot of say.

They said they used the Rockstar bikes with their suspension and not the factory suzuki. Their GP bike went straight back to Europe I believe.
I hate to bring this up, but to think that the USGP at GH couldn`t get US riders to ride, yet Desalle and Strijbos rode with unfamiliar bikes for two races on a different continent just for fun in the middle of the GP season. Sometimes some people just prove that riding is a passion, and not all about money.
6/6/2013 4:00am
jo2910 wrote:
It was Rockstar not Suzuki that made this happened. With Davi out they wanted to get some riders out in the 450. It seems they even...

Sunhouse wrote:
I hate to bring this up, but to think that the USGP at GH couldn`t get US riders to ride, yet Desalle and Strijbos rode with...
I hate to bring this up, but to think that the USGP at GH couldn`t get US riders to ride, yet Desalle and Strijbos rode with unfamiliar bikes for two races on a different continent just for fun in the middle of the GP season. Sometimes some people just prove that riding is a passion, and not all about money.
Such a shame that,I think everyone enjoyed Desalle and Strijbos doing those AMA races,I'm pretty sure most people would have liked to see some more of the US guys at Glen Helen,regardless of voicing support for them not song it
6/6/2013 4:20am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2013 4:21am
The coolest thing about Desalle and Strijbos is that they wanted to get and got some photo's together with James Stewart. Smile
IWreckALot
6/6/2013 6:04am
Did they are any interviews of these guys? I would have liked to get a glimpse of their peronsalities at least. They were good for competition. Bring them back already.
6/6/2013 6:30am
From what i've heard Desalle is really quite and stays out of the media as much as possible. I did see a video interview with Strijbos recently.
Holigan
6/6/2013 6:51am
Sunhouse wrote:
I hate to bring this up, but to think that the USGP at GH couldn`t get US riders to ride, yet Desalle and Strijbos rode with...
That was a little different situation. These guys were asked by their primary sponsor to come over and race, and the sponsor lined up rides for them with a quality team. That was not the case at GH for the factory guys.
Sunhouse
6/6/2013 7:33am
Sunhouse wrote:
Holigan wrote:
That was a little different situation. These guys were asked by their primary sponsor to come over and race, and the sponsor lined up rides for...
That was a little different situation. These guys were asked by their primary sponsor to come over and race, and the sponsor lined up rides for them with a quality team. That was not the case at GH for the factory guys.
I was thinking more in the lines of risking injuries and racing a championship they were not a part of etc. And the factory teams were already supporting the GP riders through Japan, so I don`t see how it would be a problem for a US factory rider get a bike for the weekend, when the GP guys got them.

Bottom line is, if they wanted to ride, I think they could - but they didn`t. But please correct me if I`m wrongSmile
slipdog
6/6/2013 7:41am
Sunhouse wrote:
I was thinking more in the lines of risking injuries and racing a championship they were not a part of etc. And the factory teams were...
I was thinking more in the lines of risking injuries and racing a championship they were not a part of etc. And the factory teams were already supporting the GP riders through Japan, so I don`t see how it would be a problem for a US factory rider get a bike for the weekend, when the GP guys got them.

Bottom line is, if they wanted to ride, I think they could - but they didn`t. But please correct me if I`m wrongSmile
I would guess it was more of a situation where the team/management didn't want them to race the USGP. Here is a situation where "Rockstar Energy Racing" wanted the Belgians to race.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
6/6/2013 7:56am
I applaud both Belgians for stepping up to the plate and racing the two races on their off time. I hope they bring the intensity they said they had to experience back to the GPs and run at the front of the pack. Both are great riders and I wish we could always have the best of the world racing each other.
jeffro503
6/6/2013 8:58am
They were only here for two races.....and I already miss them. It was cool having a couple new faces mix it up in the big boy class. Both of those guys are solid riders and as an American , I think it was really cool they came over. I wish more would do the same......and on the other side of the coin.....I wish some of our guys would head over for a few random GP's.
6/6/2013 10:21am
jeffro503 wrote:
They were only here for two races.....and I already miss them. It was cool having a couple new faces mix it up in the big boy...
They were only here for two races.....and I already miss them. It was cool having a couple new faces mix it up in the big boy class. Both of those guys are solid riders and as an American , I think it was really cool they came over. I wish more would do the same......and on the other side of the coin.....I wish some of our guys would head over for a few random GP's.
well said
reagan
6/6/2013 11:05am
100%rock star deal . my guess is rock star is not getting much return on investment in mx so this was a inexpensive way to get some attention at a low cost.
PressPassP
6/6/2013 12:49pm
Sunhouse wrote:
I was thinking more in the lines of risking injuries and racing a championship they were not a part of etc. And the factory teams were...

slipdog wrote:
I would guess it was more of a situation where the team/management didn't want them to race the USGP. Here is a situation where "Rockstar Energy...
I would guess it was more of a situation where the team/management didn't want them to race the USGP. Here is a situation where "Rockstar Energy Racing" wanted the Belgians to race.
Red Bull,Monster and Rockstar would have been thrilled to have riders at Glen Helen,I don't think there's any doubt about that,as you say though it's more likely to be team/managements denying it from happening,or (more likely IMO) a rider himself.It was really good to see these 2 guys racing the last couple of weeks,it would be great if there was a similar gap open up next year,or maybe the week after the Brazil GP free again to make the trip to the US that little bit easier,maybe a few more guys would do an AMA round
MXMattii
6/6/2013 2:04pm
reagan wrote:
100%rock star deal . my guess is rock star is not getting much return on investment in mx so this was a inexpensive way to get...
100%rock star deal . my guess is rock star is not getting much return on investment in mx so this was a inexpensive way to get some attention at a low cost.
Indeed, because of Millsaps injury they wanted something big (two GP-stars in two races) to cover the loss in media-coverage.
In the first place Rockstar was thinking about Strijbos as replacement rider for Millsaps, but that didn't happened. At the end the best solution was this.

Strijbos already said that his weekend are all booked with races till the end of the season, but Desalle his case is a bit different he isn't riding any Belgian Championship races or stuff like that so maybe he can schedule one national race in.
Adam43
6/6/2013 2:30pm
I viewed their effort as a FU to Youthstream as much as anything. I believe there was and is serious consideration from the Geobers team about racing the Nationals instead of GPs. It's not the first time it's been considered either.
DrSweden
6/6/2013 2:32pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Holigan wrote:
That was a little different situation. These guys were asked by their primary sponsor to come over and race, and the sponsor lined up rides for...
Makes sense, and I think there's some incitement career wise as well, Dunno about Strijbos deal/pay in Europe, but I get the feeling he wouldn't mind a deal in the US? But maybe his results didn't make that happen this time? Sure, I'm totally speculating...
ATKpilot99
6/6/2013 2:33pm
Adam43 wrote:
I viewed their effort as a FU to Youthstream as much as anything. I believe there was and is serious consideration from the Geobers team about...
I viewed their effort as a FU to Youthstream as much as anything. I believe there was and is serious consideration from the Geobers team about racing the Nationals instead of GPs. It's not the first time it's been considered either.
That would be cool. And if it became a trend it would be the final nail in the coffin for Youthstream.

Post a reply to: Question about Desalle and Strijbos

The Latest