Punch drunk or Crash drunk.

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 2/1/2016 7:51am
The last few years I noticed with a few riders that they go knock out at almost every crash. That makes me scared and worried at the same time. Because not that long a go I saw a Grand Prix rider go knock out. It took a while for him to get back to earth, en he cried like a baby because he didn't know where he was, he didn't know why he was there, he didn't know a thing, he didn't even knew his name anymore. After 5 minutes that stuff was gone but I felt sick for him and felt weird for the rest of the day. After the race I went to the medical staff and asked them why the thought he was in such a panic mode and even more why he went knock out from such a small crash.

The first thing they told me, that such panic reaction is sometimes normal especially when it takes sometime to wake fully up. The second thing was even more interesting they told me also that with every concussion and every KO our brain gets weaker for hits, she took FMX riders as example and said that they go KO all the time, after a time. Let us all think about Travis and I think we can say she wasn't talking crap.

Now with the first crash from James Stewart this SX season and his KO, I immediately thought about that story. Is his brain already is such a 'weak' state that all his crashes will end up in an knock out? Is what we're seeing the result of all the concussions and former KO's? And was that Adderall something he needed to get his attention level at a normal level, because his brain can't do it on his own anymore? That last story is told to me by someone who used to work with JS7. It is what it is, but it is also very pity that such a great rider goes true such a depressing thing.

punch-drunk or punch drunk; A term derived from boxing where a boxer gets hit by his opponent so many times that his disorientation is described as and similar to being drunk.
|
plowboy
1/31/2016 2:06pm
I watched James and first thought his shock was bucking him but it could be that his noggin is still messed up. Hope he can recover.
Jrewing
1/31/2016 3:08pm
The yoshi suzukis looked shit to be honest- guess because they've not had much racetime to dial the bikes in.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
1/31/2016 4:41pm
Jrewing wrote:
The yoshi suzukis looked shit to be honest- guess because they've not had much racetime to dial the bikes in.
The bikes looked fine in qualifying and in practice setting some of the fastest lap times, and for that matter decent in the heat race under James. Yes it looked bad in the main, but I'm thinking that was all rider and very little bike. I think something is wrong with James - that boy ain't right at the moment. He needs to get right physically then try to come back - not rush it. A bike set up can look like shit when the rider is riding like crap. IMO, something is wrong with James.

The Shop

Grizz
1/31/2016 5:05pm
As far as I know, ADHD doesn't work like that. You can't develop it.
Spartacus
1/31/2016 5:32pm
Grizz wrote:
So could an inability to concentrate linked be TBI and helped with addaral?

(I want to get in on the speculation game.)
captmoto
1/31/2016 8:56pm
Grizz wrote:
Wouldn't be the first missed diagnosis from a medical professional.
captmoto
1/31/2016 8:59pm
Jrewing wrote:
Sarcasm? The bike hasn't changed in nearly 3 years. James had 16 months to get it dialed in. Sadly, I think James has issues. No two people will react the same or recover the same from the same injury. Plus we have no idea how many tomes James has even just rung his bell on his private track.
Ringing your bell is a low level concussion too.
MXMattii
2/1/2016 7:44am
Grizz wrote:
Spartacus wrote:
So could an inability to concentrate linked be TBI and helped with addaral?

(I want to get in on the speculation game.)
That story is told to me by a guy who races in Corsica, the home base of an GP rider. That GP rider got supported this year by a former team member of JS7 team. That mate asked that dude if he knew something about JS7 his dope program. He reacted pretty agitated and said this wasn't used for doping at all, but that a doctor subscribed Adderall to James Stewart a few years back after again another concussion, that concussion left him with concentration and attention problems.

The ADD problem is a cover up, because telling teams and the world that you've crashed yourself silly, isn't a good sales pitch.
2/1/2016 7:51am
Grizz wrote:
Yes you can, TBI results in ADD. It is not the same specific issue but same result. I spoke with my neurologist(I suffer from Migraines) and he said ADD, Migraines and many other issues can be amplified or develop from concussions. The brain is very complicated and everyone reacts different....

Post a reply to: Punch drunk or Crash drunk.

The Latest