Pumpkin

JAFO92
Edited Date/Time 6/5/2016 4:44pm

You guys think Dungey is having issues with bike setup?

He's fast, he's aggressive and that bike has plenty of power and theres no reason he cant be right there with KRoc. Cant help but wonder if the KTM is giving him fits on these beat-up National tracks and they havent found the right settings yet.
|
bigmaico
6/4/2016 4:01pm
JAFO92 wrote:
You guys think Dungey is having issues with bike setup? He's fast, he's aggressive and that bike has plenty of power and theres no reason he...

He's fast, he's aggressive and that bike has plenty of power and theres no reason he cant be right there with KRoc. Cant help but wonder if the KTM is giving him fits on these beat-up National tracks and they havent found the right settings yet.
Naw,

Dungey's timing is just a little off, he'll get it on track soon!

He'll find the speed as he always seems to do.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
6/4/2016 4:09pm
Kenny is pulling a Poto on the Dunge right now. Things are right at normal.

2012 Stew wins first 4 motos and crashes Thunder Valley and then Dungey dominates the rest of the year.
2015 Tomac wins the first 5 motos and crashes at Thunder Valley and then Dungey dominates the rest of the year.

As dominant as Kenny has been this year, Ryan is just biding his time. We are 1 crash away from Dungey having the points lead. Ryan will podium this series to death just as he always does.
The Champ
6/4/2016 4:11pm
Nope, he looks good it's just roczen is crushing him like RV did to him in 2013. Looks like it is gonna be one of those years where dunge rides around in 2nd hoping the leader makes a mistake.
jrt240
6/4/2016 4:45pm
K Roc has lawn darted a season before, plus he's bolting for honda next year. How much support will he get as the season progresses and Dungy powers up. Why put all that money into a rider when he's just going to ditch you? Makes for some F1 drama as the season goes on

The Shop

slipdog
6/4/2016 4:52pm
No way anything could be wrong with his bike, best bike on the track! It has a steel frame...
Dtat720
6/4/2016 4:52pm
So what happens when KR doesnt lawn dart it and Dungy does in fact get his ass handed to him for a full season? Had tomac not busted his shoulders, probably would have happened last season. Dungy is living on luck more than dominating talent. There are faster guys out there. Not so much on the luck, but just like 2 years ago, Roczen is showing why he was brought over here. You guys do remember he beat Dungy for the outdoor title? Right? And he is on track to do it again. Only this time, showing the world Dungy isnt the fastest guy alive like most seem to think.
Crush
6/4/2016 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2016 5:19pm
Haven't watched Thunder Valley yet but if you looked at Kenny Vs Dunge head to head, i'd bet the results favour Kenny on the tracks that are harder packed, square edged, choppy etc.

Kenny simply stands more than Dungey and I think he's better at dissecting a track than maybe anyone else in the world right now...

The first three tracks this year are typically 3 of the 4 that are like this in the AMA Nationals... I'd expect Dungey to be better now as the tracks are softer, rolling bumps etc
Samuel
6/4/2016 5:15pm
Why does something have to be off? He's getting beat. Take Roczen out of the picture and we'd be talking about how amazing and dominant Dungey has been this season. Roczen had a rough year last year, but don't forget who the 2014 champion is. There is still a lot of racing to crown a champion, and I would never bet against Dungey. If he does win the title, it won't be because he finally figured out how to set up his bike. The bike is pretty well dialed.
JAFO92
6/4/2016 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2016 5:21pm
slipdog wrote:
No way anything could be wrong with his bike, best bike on the track! It has a steel frame...
Good point, but the bike has valves, so that puts a hex on that stellar frame. Wink
Jimmy_Sloan
6/4/2016 5:23pm
His bike setup is off. Once he gets that down, he'll be out front.
6/4/2016 5:29pm
Crush wrote:
Haven't watched Thunder Valley yet but if you looked at Kenny Vs Dunge head to head, i'd bet the results favour Kenny on the tracks that...
Haven't watched Thunder Valley yet but if you looked at Kenny Vs Dunge head to head, i'd bet the results favour Kenny on the tracks that are harder packed, square edged, choppy etc.

Kenny simply stands more than Dungey and I think he's better at dissecting a track than maybe anyone else in the world right now...

The first three tracks this year are typically 3 of the 4 that are like this in the AMA Nationals... I'd expect Dungey to be better now as the tracks are softer, rolling bumps etc
Fucking foxtel.
slipdog
6/4/2016 5:42pm
slipdog wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:
Good point, but the bike has valves, so that puts a hex on that stellar frame. Wink
Point taken!

4-strokes: "Ruining motocross races since 1998" Laughing
Insider347
6/4/2016 5:46pm
Kenny is simply on a different level. I'm very impressed at what he's doing. This sport is so brutal and if he does something like he did in SX last year (casing the triple) it all ends. It's just as much mental as it is physical and right now Dungey realizes he has nothing for Ken but if Ken gets too comfortable and throws one away, Ryan(Mr. Consistency) will always be there to collect the title.

Tomac?????
500guy
6/4/2016 6:12pm
Dungey so far is .5-1 sec a lap off of Roczen , I think He will get closer as they move East but Roczen is in pure beast mode really impressive.
DonM
6/4/2016 6:17pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2016 6:17pm
Roczen has been at this level before...2014...He does have a history of starting strong and then fading as the season wears on....Time will tell
6/4/2016 6:23pm
It's funny.

People hated dungey because he never won a few years ago but always on the podium. Everyone said he will never be a superstar blah blah. Not aggressive enough. Blah blah.

Then past two years the guys winning constantly and people say he's too dominant and hate him. And he's biding his time and lucky he's not injured.

Which is it ?!?!
Jimmy_Sloan
6/4/2016 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2016 6:35pm
It's funny. People hated dungey because he never won a few years ago but always on the podium. Everyone said he will never be a superstar...
It's funny.

People hated dungey because he never won a few years ago but always on the podium. Everyone said he will never be a superstar blah blah. Not aggressive enough. Blah blah.

Then past two years the guys winning constantly and people say he's too dominant and hate him. And he's biding his time and lucky he's not injured.

Which is it ?!?!
I find it quite amusing that when Dungey was winning, certain posters said the racing was boring because he was winning so much. Now that Roczen is winning, these same people are not saying a thing. Too bad Dungey went down in that second moto, he may have gotten the win.
matze
Fantasy
3097th
6/5/2016 2:10am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2016 3:58am
It's funny. People hated dungey because he never won a few years ago but always on the podium. Everyone said he will never be a superstar...
It's funny.

Which is it ?!?!
I find it quite amusing that when Dungey was winning, certain posters said the racing was boring because he was winning so much. Now that Roczen...
I find it quite amusing that when Dungey was winning, certain posters said the racing was boring because he was winning so much. Now that Roczen is winning, these same people are not saying a thing. Too bad Dungey went down in that second moto, he may have gotten the win.
Lol dungey had nothing for roczen so far. He wouldve passed him just like last week or the week before.
Jrewing
6/5/2016 3:10am
Crush wrote:
Haven't watched Thunder Valley yet but if you looked at Kenny Vs Dunge head to head, i'd bet the results favour Kenny on the tracks that...

Kenny will beat him in the sand of southwick. Sitting isn't going to cut it there. Baggett goes fast there too.
Interesting to see how Tomac goes in the sand
Jrewing
6/5/2016 3:11am
It's funny.

Which is it ?!?!
I find it quite amusing that when Dungey was winning, certain posters said the racing was boring because he was winning so much. Now that Roczen...
Pfft. Put your wheaties down..
BobPA
6/5/2016 3:53am
matze wrote:
Lol dungey had nothing for roczen so far. He wouldve passed him just like last week or the week before.
"Passed"

Signed

The grammar police
matze
Fantasy
3097th
6/5/2016 3:57am
matze wrote:
BobPA wrote:
"Passed"

Signed

The grammar police
Jeez thats a big big mistake :D gonna have to correct it Laughing
bob567
6/5/2016 4:03am
Nothing is wrong with the bike or the rider. Dungey is flat out getting beat. It happens in racing.
St Ann More
6/5/2016 4:03am
jrt240 wrote:
K Roc has lawn darted a season before, plus he's bolting for honda next year. How much support will he get as the season progresses and...
K Roc has lawn darted a season before, plus he's bolting for honda next year. How much support will he get as the season progresses and Dungy powers up. Why put all that money into a rider when he's just going to ditch you? Makes for some F1 drama as the season goes on
You're high! They want a title, whether Kenny leaves or stays!
motomike137
6/5/2016 4:31am
Totally correct. RCH isn't going to get lackadaisical with Roczens bike even if he is in fact leaving. I hate this argument and the only time it might ring true is when the team and rider have had a serious falling out. I don't see that here.
jrt240
6/5/2016 5:09am
Totally correct. RCH isn't going to get lackadaisical with Roczens bike even if he is in fact leaving. I hate this argument and the only time...
Totally correct. RCH isn't going to get lackadaisical with Roczens bike even if he is in fact leaving. I hate this argument and the only time it might ring true is when the team and rider have had a serious falling out. I don't see that here.
Late last season and the supposed signing with Honda before the outdoors even started

Intrigue
resetjet
6/5/2016 5:34am
Op obviously a ktm hater. The title of thread says it all. But no its not the bike. Still best bike on the track and they have it dialed. Kr just kicking a$$ and i like it.
Dtat720
6/5/2016 6:34am
His next level seems to be achieved as soon as the faster riders are out of the series. There isnt a next level. This is his level. And if Roczen continues his speeds, Dungy will continue his runner up. If Roczen pulls a Tomac, Dungys "next level" ie: the faster guys are out, will continue.
Face it guys. There are a couple of racers that are better than Dungy. One beat him straight up in 14 for a title and looks to do it again this year. Captain America isnt the baddest in the land when there are healthy racers out there.
mxbrian15
6/5/2016 6:59am
JAFO92 wrote:
You guys think Dungey is having issues with bike setup? He's fast, he's aggressive and that bike has plenty of power and theres no reason he...

His title list tells another story. He is a multi-time champion. Much more so than those that may be beating him from time to time. And yes, he is the baddest in the land when there are healthy racers out there...because he has an amazing tendency to stay healthier longer. He may not always win the races, but he sure seems to clinch the championships. I'd take championships over race wins any day.

Yes, I agree that he wouldn't go to another level if Kenny somehow wasn't out there. But that is what makes him so great. Consistency.

Post a reply to: Pumpkin

The Latest