Pulpmx Show Archive w Bisceglia, Wirdeman, Stephenson, Newf, Ping, JT & DV is up

Matthes
Edited Date/Time 6/7/2016 12:50pm
Thanks for checking it out, get it on iTunes, Stitcher, the Pulpmx app or HERE
|
ripitup
6/7/2016 5:18pm
Just a suggestion but could you please cut down on the commercials a little bit.15 to 20 minutes at a time is a little long IMO. Pinch
KBOLTZ
6/7/2016 8:59pm
Good stuff as always Matthes!

I've got to say that Denny is the best. I wish he was on the show all the time.
JackLHyde
6/7/2016 11:54pm
ripitup wrote:
Just a suggestion but could you please cut down on the commercials a little bit.15 to 20 minutes at a time is a little long IMO...
Just a suggestion but could you please cut down on the commercials a little bit.15 to 20 minutes at a time is a little long IMO. Pinch
Are you listening live or the archive?
Helder
6/8/2016 2:51am
Love the show but you should get Ricky Carmichael on! he is the best!

The Shop

p0wn
6/8/2016 1:45pm
I think DV is hilarious.
ripitup
6/8/2016 1:48pm
ripitup wrote:
Just a suggestion but could you please cut down on the commercials a little bit.15 to 20 minutes at a time is a little long IMO...
JackLHyde wrote:
Are you listening live or the archive?
I use to like to listen live but the ads got too much for me. Its much better to download the show and fast forward through the ads.Tongue
Matthes
6/8/2016 2:49pm
I get the commercials thing but it's a five hour show and with 2-3 commercial breaks of 13 min each. So on Monday we had 5 hours of show with 26 min of a break for us to go to the bathroom, get something to eat, take a break. So you got 4:30 of Moto talk. I think that's not a bad ratio right?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
6/8/2016 3:09pm
Hey Steve,

Great show as always (and you didn't shy away from asking Matt the uncomfortable questions, even if he gave a canned answer). A couple of things I thought of while you guys were talking though:

Regarding the whole Kenny diet thing: I think you and DV are right, but it seems funny. During supercross everyone was bowing down to Aldon's program, basically saying if you're not on it you can't win (hey, he should be the spokesman for X-Brand goggles too!). Now we are 3 rounds into Kenny winning and you, DV, and many others are like yeah, whatever, you don't need all that training. So first of all, pick a side. Second of all, I think you are right but you're kind of missing the point of Kenny's comments. When Dungey switched to Aldon, he repeatedly said that it brought one component to his program that was previously missing - confidence. Dungey wasn't suddenly in any better shape than before, but he had confidence in himself and his program that translated to the track. I think Kenny is being very smart with those comments. They aren't a jab-jab at aldon, they are a jab at Dungey's confidence. Up until now, Dungey has had absolute confidence in his program. Kenny is trying to break that down by pointing out that he is doing the opposite and still winning. If Kenny succeeds in diminishing Dungey's confidence in his program, it will make a much bigger difference than anything Aldon can do.

Regarding the chase format, one thing no one seems to be considering is how much better this may be for the riders for two reasons. First, if the beginning part of the series is not as critical to the championship, you may see riders actually having an off-season again which will translate to less burnout (i.e. RV, RC, etc). They won't have to show up at Anaheim at 100%, knowing they can fine tune and test during the first part of the series. Second, it will improve rider safety (at least during the initial portion of the series). If riders are doing well in the points and have an injury, they will be less likely to ride injured because they can afford to lose some points.

Anyway, good show and good luck finding something to talk about in the 450 class from here on now that Kenny will be winning by a minute plus with Dungey's absence.
slowgti
6/8/2016 4:45pm
13 minutes of commercials? I fast forwarded about 18 minutes of them today. Show was funny as shit though
jj welks
6/8/2016 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2016 4:51pm
Awesome stuff Matthes dont change a thing!! I love how you weren't afraid to call out THE Jimmie Johnson (I can't remember exactly what) but I remember you telling him straight up he's dodging the question. but I love the way you push questions on people while still being professional about it. Keep it up, I learn way more about moto than reading vital (no offense to Guyb plenty of excellent content on here as well) I really wish Barcia would get on there!!
hvaughn88
6/8/2016 6:16pm
Matthes wrote:
Thanks for checking it out, get it on iTunes, Stitcher, the Pulpmx app or HERE
Math is hard
racer495a
6/9/2016 4:46pm
DV is excellent on the show. He doesn't have to hold back since he's not making a living within the industry like most others on the show.
KBOLTZ
6/9/2016 6:12pm
Agreed on DV. Dude comes in clutch with funny ass comments and opinions. Great radio! Lol
tmx860
6/9/2016 7:12pm
ripitup wrote:
I use to like to listen live but the ads got too much for me. Its much better to download the show and fast forward through...
I use to like to listen live but the ads got too much for me. Its much better to download the show and fast forward through the ads.Tongue
If you listen live, you can join the dildos in the chatroom
hvaughn88
6/9/2016 7:14pm
ripitup wrote:
I use to like to listen live but the ads got too much for me. Its much better to download the show and fast forward through...
tmx860 wrote:
If you listen live, you can join the dildos in the chatroom
You think anyone wants to hangout with that 95%Tongue
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
6/9/2016 7:23pm
I want to join DV on the trip to Canada, I'll bring the kit kat bars, I'm sure sides would be aching from laughing after that trip.
mxbigd17
6/9/2016 7:58pm
Matthes wrote:
I get the commercials thing but it's a five hour show and with 2-3 commercial breaks of 13 min each. So on Monday we had 5...
I get the commercials thing but it's a five hour show and with 2-3 commercial breaks of 13 min each. So on Monday we had 5 hours of show with 26 min of a break for us to go to the bathroom, get something to eat, take a break. So you got 4:30 of Moto talk. I think that's not a bad ratio right?
Great show, DV is my favorite co-host but it's nice to have different personalities on every week. Commercials are fine, this is a fast food generation.....can't please everyone. I have bought items thru your Amazon link (sex swing) and buy Fly gear because of the show with JT pumping it up, bought stuff from Asterisk after God Bod was on talking about his products and offering a discount thru your show. It's whatever Steve, just keep bringing moto to Radio however you have to. Also, charge 2 bucks for the new app after its released, I'll gladly buy it and so will others. And for the listeners of your show that won't spend 2 more dollars for a good moto app....well don't worry, there going to stop watching SX anyways next year because of the chase format and you won't have to hear from them anymore....100% PULP 100% of the time.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
6/10/2016 3:39am
Looking forward to the app. Stitcher didn't have the last show up for almost a week, so I reverted to the app I paid for, jeez what a piece of shit, come on Travis!

"I just wanna here the motocross stuff" lol
steveyd
6/10/2016 6:08am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2016 6:41am
Absolutely love the show. Listen on the regular, and have listened to every single show.

Every. Single. Show.

Great content, and while I'm one of the those that greatly enjoyed Kenny's often-times bad attitude — comedy gold — I also really like the current rotating group, and in a way DV brings back a little of the crankiness that's missing without OG K-Dub. Insert irony here.

Keefer is great, Ping is funny, more Berluti please, and of course JT is the essential part of the package. (Those few who might remember who the hell I am, which is nobody, especially now, know I go way way back with J.)

Now, with the apple well polished — Matthes, for chrissakes, how hard is it to remember to put a g-dam download link on the page? I listen live sometimes, but more often use the show to make various drivetimes shorter. Beats the hell out of NPR. But I-tunes is a pain in the ass, and it uses up a shitload of a poor man's cell service data plan to stream the show. Far better to download the show on a laptop, then drag it onto a phone.

BUT NOT WHEN THERE'S NO F'ING LINK.

Love the show man. But like, every third week, there's no damn download link. Like, now, for instance.

Granted, 90 percent of us are all dildos, but a little more consistent customer service slash listener access, cool?

I just wanna (be able to) hear the motocross stuff.
Team Ideal
6/10/2016 6:35am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Hey Steve, Great show as always (and you didn't shy away from asking Matt the uncomfortable questions, even if he gave a canned answer). A couple...
Hey Steve,

Great show as always (and you didn't shy away from asking Matt the uncomfortable questions, even if he gave a canned answer). A couple of things I thought of while you guys were talking though:

Regarding the whole Kenny diet thing: I think you and DV are right, but it seems funny. During supercross everyone was bowing down to Aldon's program, basically saying if you're not on it you can't win (hey, he should be the spokesman for X-Brand goggles too!). Now we are 3 rounds into Kenny winning and you, DV, and many others are like yeah, whatever, you don't need all that training. So first of all, pick a side. Second of all, I think you are right but you're kind of missing the point of Kenny's comments. When Dungey switched to Aldon, he repeatedly said that it brought one component to his program that was previously missing - confidence. Dungey wasn't suddenly in any better shape than before, but he had confidence in himself and his program that translated to the track. I think Kenny is being very smart with those comments. They aren't a jab-jab at aldon, they are a jab at Dungey's confidence. Up until now, Dungey has had absolute confidence in his program. Kenny is trying to break that down by pointing out that he is doing the opposite and still winning. If Kenny succeeds in diminishing Dungey's confidence in his program, it will make a much bigger difference than anything Aldon can do.

Regarding the chase format, one thing no one seems to be considering is how much better this may be for the riders for two reasons. First, if the beginning part of the series is not as critical to the championship, you may see riders actually having an off-season again which will translate to less burnout (i.e. RV, RC, etc). They won't have to show up at Anaheim at 100%, knowing they can fine tune and test during the first part of the series. Second, it will improve rider safety (at least during the initial portion of the series). If riders are doing well in the points and have an injury, they will be less likely to ride injured because they can afford to lose some points.

Anyway, good show and good luck finding something to talk about in the 450 class from here on now that Kenny will be winning by a minute plus with Dungey's absence.
pretty much how I see it. I haven't had time to listen yet but I'm assuming you're talking about the breakup between Matt and the Dirt Candy 250 Suzuki team. I'm assuming it's because those bikes are god awful slow, not blaming the team but I've heard the bikes are way down on power and handling has been a struggle, and it's not only the Candy team that's having that issue.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
6/10/2016 6:58am
steveyd wrote:
Absolutely love the show. Listen on the regular, and have listened to every single show. Every. Single. Show. Great content, and while I'm one of the...
Absolutely love the show. Listen on the regular, and have listened to every single show.

Every. Single. Show.

Great content, and while I'm one of the those that greatly enjoyed Kenny's often-times bad attitude — comedy gold — I also really like the current rotating group, and in a way DV brings back a little of the crankiness that's missing without OG K-Dub. Insert irony here.

Keefer is great, Ping is funny, more Berluti please, and of course JT is the essential part of the package. (Those few who might remember who the hell I am, which is nobody, especially now, know I go way way back with J.)

Now, with the apple well polished — Matthes, for chrissakes, how hard is it to remember to put a g-dam download link on the page? I listen live sometimes, but more often use the show to make various drivetimes shorter. Beats the hell out of NPR. But I-tunes is a pain in the ass, and it uses up a shitload of a poor man's cell service data plan to stream the show. Far better to download the show on a laptop, then drag it onto a phone.

BUT NOT WHEN THERE'S NO F'ING LINK.

Love the show man. But like, every third week, there's no damn download link. Like, now, for instance.

Granted, 90 percent of us are all dildos, but a little more consistent customer service slash listener access, cool?

I just wanna (be able to) hear the motocross stuff.
If you're using an iPhone you can download the podcast in the stock podcast app (purple icon). You go to the PulpMX.com Show in the podcast app, click on the feed tab and it will list all the shows from most recent down. Click the three dots and there is an option to save episode which downloads it to your phone.

Matthes, you should feel free to charge again for the new app. I just hope Travis can make the live stream in it as reliable as listening to it directly on pulpmxshow.com.

I like the rotating cohosts as well. DV was great this last show. You should get Denny back in there again too. Keep up the good work.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
6/10/2016 7:17am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Hey Steve, Great show as always (and you didn't shy away from asking Matt the uncomfortable questions, even if he gave a canned answer). A couple...
Hey Steve,

Team Ideal wrote:
pretty much how I see it. I haven't had time to listen yet but I'm assuming you're talking about the breakup between Matt and the Dirt...
pretty much how I see it. I haven't had time to listen yet but I'm assuming you're talking about the breakup between Matt and the Dirt Candy 250 Suzuki team. I'm assuming it's because those bikes are god awful slow, not blaming the team but I've heard the bikes are way down on power and handling has been a struggle, and it's not only the Candy team that's having that issue.
yeah, well, there's 2 teams racing RMZ 250s and between all of the riders they have a total of 12 points after 6 races...

so you can't really say there is much evidence to prove that they aren't slow.
ripitup
6/10/2016 4:41pm
Matthes wrote:
I get the commercials thing but it's a five hour show and with 2-3 commercial breaks of 13 min each. So on Monday we had 5...
Yes Steve, that was a great show. I think if you can stick to that ratio most people would be fine with it witch is more like your moto 60 and wrap up shows. Keep up the good work.
Pirate421
6/10/2016 5:48pm
Definitely charge for the new app. Even if it's just $.99. Be crazy not too anybody can get a dollar together

Post a reply to: Pulpmx Show Archive w Bisceglia, Wirdeman, Stephenson, Newf, Ping, JT & DV is up

The Latest