Psst...(Kyle Regal)

Sherwood
8/12/2011 9:58am
mxb2 wrote:
Fyi, sx ended in may! If he could do what he wanted, why wait til unadilla?
Sherwood wrote:
Because you don't sign a half year contract even if you sign a SX only deal.
mxb2 wrote:
Thanks i don t know how the contracts work, so how is he under the bto rig while under contract?
No idea.

I can guess that either JS7 let him out of his contract, or Yamaha/other sponsors are no longer with JS7. It's only a guess.
skidsteer16
8/12/2011 10:17am
MT MX wrote:
X2 (regarding the being bored comment) I would say that JSE got out of their Yamaha contract in order for Kyle to be able to ride...
X2 (regarding the being bored comment)
I would say that JSE got out of their Yamaha contract in order for Kyle to be able to ride a Suzuki. Who knows though.
Bubba posted something on Twitter about something big or exciting happening today (Friday) and he would post photo's. I wonder if that has anything to do with the team.
Pretty sure Stewie's tweets were about his little escapade in off road trucks the other day...nothing more.
Team Ideal
8/12/2011 10:31am
pb465 posted a while back that Kyle only had a one year contract with the team and wouldn't associate anything Kyle is doing or riding with what James is doing.
I'm going with that. Pumped for Kyle and to see him back on the track.
DownSouth
8/12/2011 11:22am
Sherwood wrote:
Because you don't sign a half year contract even if you sign a SX only deal.
mxb2 wrote:
Thanks i don t know how the contracts work, so how is he under the bto rig while under contract?
Sherwood wrote:
No idea.

I can guess that either JS7 let him out of his contract, or Yamaha/other sponsors are no longer with JS7. It's only a guess.
Rumors from people who may know (or not) said that the L&M contracts ended calender wise after the first 4 rounds. Reportedly the team was supposed to do the first 4 but the plug got pulled on that plan.

If that was true then maybe it took Regal some time to put something together where he would not be doing everything out of his own pocket.

The Shop

dboivin
8/12/2011 11:25am
Believe kyle was out of his contract after Bud's Creek.
flarider
8/12/2011 11:52am Edited Date/Time 8/12/2011 11:57am
DownSouth wrote:
Rumors from people who may know (or not) said that the L&M contracts ended calender wise after the first 4 rounds. Reportedly the team was supposed...
Rumors from people who may know (or not) said that the L&M contracts ended calender wise after the first 4 rounds. Reportedly the team was supposed to do the first 4 but the plug got pulled on that plan.

If that was true then maybe it took Regal some time to put something together where he would not be doing everything out of his own pocket.
Not claiming to know anything, but that doesn't make sense and here's why.

Regal was signed by L&M, which had a deal with Yamaha
Past history dictates L&M signed riders though October (after US Open)
Most all deals industry-wide typically run though October, same reason
I cannot see Yamaha making a deal with L&M that would expire mid-year and/or mid-series, allowing James Stewart to race and/or re-join the series on another brand, that just makes no sense. He could race Yamaha for four races, then jump on a Suzuki for the rest of the series, if he wished to do so? That makes sense?

No OEM is going to make a deal with any team, much less a team with an elite rider like James Stewart that expires mid-year or mid-series.
mb60
8/12/2011 12:20pm
Funny but the same time last year is where JS7 made his one moto comeback. Good for Regal whatever he came up with because the kid belongs outdoors.
mxb2
8/12/2011 12:22pm
DownSouth wrote:
Rumors from people who may know (or not) said that the L&M contracts ended calender wise after the first 4 rounds. Reportedly the team was supposed...

flarider wrote:
Not claiming to know anything, but that doesn't make sense and here's why. Regal was signed by L&M, which had a deal with Yamaha Past history...

I cannot see Yamaha making a deal with L&M that would expire mid-year and/or mid-series, allowing James Stewart to race and/or re-join the series on another brand, that just makes no sense. He could race Yamaha for four races, then jump on a Suzuki for the rest of the series, if he wished to do so? That makes sense?

No OEM is going to make a deal with any team, much less a team with an elite rider like James Stewart that expires mid-year or mid-series.
Yea i am totally confused lol, If he could break the contract why would nt he earlier in the year and if he did good , it would raise his stock for next year? Regal is fast for sure, but not racing is not going to help him get faster and with no results to prove his worth! Read the fine print of a contract any doubt ask questions or do not sign. If your employer does nt fulfill his end you can break it, if not your stuck with it til it expires.
karterron
8/12/2011 1:04pm
flarider wrote:
Not claiming to know anything, but that doesn't make sense and here's why. Regal was signed by L&M, which had a deal with Yamaha Past history...

It may be that Yamaha and Stewart both knew he wasn't going to be back on the Team next year anyway, so they released him early. I thought he signed a SX only contract, sounds like that is wrong, but who know's.
kongols
8/12/2011 1:08pm
flarider wrote:

As I said earlier, perhaps BobbyM was right and Red Bull bought them out of Yamaha contract.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
8/12/2011 1:09pm
With all due respect to Kyle, I doubt any team 's ratcheting up their contracts litigation team to block Regal from riding.
8/12/2011 1:17pm
It would have been nice to see him on JG33 ride. I hope he rips it up on BTO
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
8/12/2011 1:20pm
flarider wrote:

kongols wrote:
As I said earlier, perhaps BobbyM was right and Red Bull bought them out of Yamaha contract.
From what I hear the RUMOR at Loretta's is that JS7 will be on Suzuki and Red Bull bought out the last year of his contract from Yamaha. SUPPOSEDLY its a done deal.
mxb2
8/12/2011 2:15pm
flarider wrote:

kongols wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
From what I hear the RUMOR at Loretta's is that JS7 will be on Suzuki and Red Bull bought out the last year of his contract...
From what I hear the RUMOR at Loretta's is that JS7 will be on Suzuki and Red Bull bought out the last year of his contract from Yamaha. SUPPOSEDLY its a done deal.
Red bull suzuki? What about rockstar?
DownSouth
8/12/2011 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2011 2:28pm
mxb2 wrote:
Red bull suzuki? What about rockstar?
Stewart is in with Red Bull. He bought his own team and would not be associated with the existing Rockstar/Makita Suzuki team. However it is also rumored that Rockstar is leaving factory Suzuki for 2012.
cloverdale
8/12/2011 2:44pm
Regal was riding a Suzuki at Millville the day after the National. I was figured someone would have already mentioned this....
drummer dude
8/12/2011 2:52pm
props to kyle !!! glad to see him back at it. dude got mad skills on the outdoor circuit..
Sherwood
8/12/2011 3:08pm
flarider wrote:

kongols wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
From what I hear the RUMOR at Loretta's is that JS7 will be on Suzuki and Red Bull bought out the last year of his contract...
He had no Yamaha logos anywhere on him.
machine
8/12/2011 3:32pm
anyone know how the BTO bikes are?
Truman
8/12/2011 4:34pm
machine wrote:
anyone know how the BTO bikes are?
I don't know much about them, but Byrne has been inside the top 5 in a number of starts this season. They must be pretty good.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
8/12/2011 5:23pm
Kyle's got plenty of seat time on yellow, so he should avoid a lengthy adjustment period.

Post a reply to: Psst...(Kyle Regal)

The Latest