Protein Shakes

sozo
1/4/2011 2:35pm
I've heard of and use, cashews, grapes, protein, endurox, etc.... Your Diet is super important. Some people dont eat anything before a race because of their stomach... Its very personal, my blood sugar is weird so I have to eat lots of protein all day, carbs later in the day.
Sunhouse
1/4/2011 2:40pm
They certainly won´t hurt!
SMITH201
1/4/2011 2:54pm
Just after riding is when you should drink one. If you drink one before then be sure its just standard Whey protein. Some kinds of proteins mix in creatine, nitric oxide, lactoferrin and growth peptides that promote muscle growth. Drinking a protein shake with that stuff in itbefore you ride will without a doubt accelerate arm pump for sure!!!
1/4/2011 7:54pm
I started using Orgain after Crossfit and riding. Great protein drink that doesn't have any artificial crap. Lots of organic veggies and fruits. Some of those drinks out there are horrible for you. It's also organic whey protein not soy. Stay away from soy. Check it out at http://www.drinkorgain.com/

The Shop

mxbile131
1/4/2011 8:11pm
I know Charles Dao has all his guys on EVOPRO by cytosport.... It's a mix of casein and whey so its unique in that regard. Do some research on it, its good stuff
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
1077th
1/4/2011 8:21pm
Knew of a chick in college that loves them religiously, Potassium was the fruit, vitamin of choice. Before, between and after to help get the energy up and rejuvenated.
Xeno
1/4/2011 10:05pm
I mix my own protien drinks from bulk ingredients because I'm too cheap to pay $3.50 for a 12 oz drink.

I use a high-end, bst-free whey protien along with maltodextrin (carbs), dextrose, (sugar) and coconut milk (omega-3 fats).
Probably wouldn't drink it before a race as the rich mixture might make you blow chunks.

That Orgain stuff mentioned above looks like a great product. I'll have to try some.
Sunhouse
1/5/2011 3:17am
mxbile131 wrote:
I know Charles Dao has all his guys on EVOPRO by cytosport.... It's a mix of casein and whey so its unique in that regard. Do...
I know Charles Dao has all his guys on EVOPRO by cytosport.... It's a mix of casein and whey so its unique in that regard. Do some research on it, its good stuff
i don´t think unique is the right word, there are a billion other brands out there with a better blend. but Cytosport sells quality, i´ll give them that!

Post a reply to: Protein Shakes

The Latest