Pro Teams Dropping the Ball (Drives me crazy...)

MDM
I have been in love with moto since I was a little kid...raced. Stopped. Getting back into it on a participation level...but never stopped following it.

Made an intro thread here.

Anyway, I own a couple of marketing agencies (one does paid media for large brands and the other is an influencer marketing agency) so I have always paid close attention to the efforts of pro teams in terms of outside the industry sponsorship.

Just a little rant, because I want to see these teams excel and find the funding to operate. Too many teams fold. Too many amazing racers are left with no ride. Too many riders are risking A LOT for pennies. So many problems could be eliminated with proper funding. It won't come from within the industry. It needs to come from outside.

Most teams are dropping the ball. Prime example: Rockstar Energy Racing -- the website still has 2016 images and the schedule. No 2017 schedule. No info on the 2017 team. I am in no way bagging on them or singling them out. I went to their site to look at their graphics to see who made them and found all the images were of the 2016 team kit.

The teams need to think like these big brands. Let's take a company like Apple for instance. If they were to sponsor a top 250 team, do you honestly think they are going to care whether the team goes 4, 7, and 12 or 6, 9, and 13? No. Sure, podiums and wins are great for branding, but the real value in SX is the pit presence.

Fan engagement and activation is where a company like Apple is going to get their "return."

Most teams toss a sponsor logo on a team poster and try to pass that off as value. Sure, the fan takes it home, tosses it up in the garage, but do they even notice those little logos? Nope.

A lot of teams that feature very popular riders will hand out "tickets" for the autograph line. But they should take it a step further:

What percentage of fans in attendance (over the age of 16) do you think have a mobile phone with them? I would say it is VERY high. They are taking pictures, video, posting to social media, etc. These teams should have interactive stations around the truck (iPads on a stand...nothing fancy or expensive), where a fan can enter his or her email address in exchange for an autograph ticket. They enter a valid email, and it gets sent to their phone. Show their conformation, get a hard ticket.

They should also have giveaways every weekend (used plastic, jerseys, goggles, etc) that require an email address entry. This data is the REAL value to the sponsors. Teams could work into their sponsorship terms that they will send out X number of emails, allowing the sponsor to include an offer, or allow them to lease the list X number of times to directly market.

There are literally dozens of things these teams could be doing to pull in NASCAR-level sponsors...but nobody seems to be trying hard.

The cost for these teams are increasing while the $$ support is decreasing. Not a good combo.

Ok, marketing rant over lol.
|
p0wn
3/5/2017 10:10am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 10:12am
I don't think the money and ROI for pro teams is in the stadium. It's on TV. It's why Kawi has the science of supercross segment and Suzuki has the cutaway thing. That's the brand activation there. KTM's got the Junior mini thing, etc. Most manufacturers pay the big bucks to have dedicated slots for them. Then you've got the riders racing to prove the brand.

You've got like maybe 10k in audience but 500k+ watching on tv. Only gonna get a few thousand dedicated superfans to interact with in the pits. That's not going to pay the bills when it comes to the pro level budgets.
davistld01
3/5/2017 10:13am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 10:15am
Great post MDM, really. Everybody wonders when Supercross will ever hit the "next level" and be like NASCAR. The answer is, "when we raise our marketing & pit presence to the next level". We'll stay small as long as we think small.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
3/5/2017 10:39am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 11:57am
MX stays small because it is small. 100% market saturation, for many nascar level sponsors, would hardly move the needle. The most effective marketing strategies known to mankind can only go so far, as you cant sell something to people that dont exist. We've seen numerous big name outside sponsors come and go. What do they have in common? They all go. Money is by far and away the biggest motivating factors for these big coporations. So much so, that we've seen deaths, criminal activity, collusion, etc., in an effort to make the most amount of money as possible. So, if those companies that have come and gone in mx, saw any return on their investment, they wouldnt exit and would would have dug their heels in to squeeze out every last cent they could. If there is no money in it, they're out and history shows a clear pattern. There is no one to sell to for outside sponsors in MX. Its not a guessing game, precedent has provided the answer.
Jspazz
3/5/2017 10:40am
I just came from SX Toronto where there was NO organized fan engagement with the riders. A lot of what you say would go a long way with our impressionable youth. It would be so easy to make these guys their heroes.

Just an example - this is my third year taking my kids and nieces and nephews to SX, all aged 8-13. They only get into it when I say "Pick a rider and cheer for him!"

One picked Broc Tickle because her birthday is on the 20th - I tried to steer her away I but looked kinda foolish after he podiumed. She was cheering louder than anyone I've ever cheer for Broc.

Ditto my sister, who picked Chad reed as the old guy. Again, Chad has a fan for the rest of his career now.

Leaving just after the 450 race ended, I see a little guy and his girlfriend in Rockstar hats walking by a crowd of people on the sidewalk outside the dome. NOBODY recognizes him - I call, "Hey Zach!", he turns and I congratulate him on a great race. The kids were floored to see Zach Osborne who just won the race, and now instead of complaining about the cold, they ALL wanted to stay around the trucks 30 minutes in freezing weather.

DeCoster walked by and hid in his KTM hoodie looking scared he might have to actually talk to someone. I told them they call this guy 'the MAN', they were less impressed lol.

Finally, a privateer was pushing his tortured Yamaha outside the dome to his truck, with his half drunken crew holding onto his gear and toolboxes. Suddenly everyone crowded around and wanted to talk to this guy - he was laughing and his guys were joking about getting paid in pizza and beer. Everyone was impressed by his effort and if admiration could be paid in dollars, he was the richest guy around.

You're on to something, and it has more to do with rider/fan engagement than anything else.

The Shop

3/5/2017 10:40am
A lot of this was addressed at the Summit. If anyone is trying to figure out how to grow the sport as a whole, it's Feld. They don't do failures and they don't do mediocrity.

They are ushering the teams and OEM's toward the next level. It's not an overnight success though. Let's compare SX growth of the sport every ten years- and you see its larger than ever. Perhaps not in ticket sales, but it's overall reach.

I'm interested in seeing it expand, I think there needs to be more corporate sponsors and alliances. And they don't need to be from companies that you find in a gas station. Although, I'm also not a marketing strategist and I don't know what out of industry companies get out of the sport.

Additionally- I work for FedEx and every moto post I make I tag them on insta, I have them on my jersey, and graphics. Maybe someone at corporate in Memphis will follow the click hole after seeing me and find themselves seeing how massively our industry relies on shipping.
MDM
3/5/2017 11:10am
p0wn wrote:
I don't think the money and ROI for pro teams is in the stadium. It's on TV. It's why Kawi has the science of supercross segment...
I don't think the money and ROI for pro teams is in the stadium. It's on TV. It's why Kawi has the science of supercross segment and Suzuki has the cutaway thing. That's the brand activation there. KTM's got the Junior mini thing, etc. Most manufacturers pay the big bucks to have dedicated slots for them. Then you've got the riders racing to prove the brand.

You've got like maybe 10k in audience but 500k+ watching on tv. Only gonna get a few thousand dedicated superfans to interact with in the pits. That's not going to pay the bills when it comes to the pro level budgets.
If a team is picking up a few thousand email addresses at each round, building their engagement list, over time its monetization value becomes worth much more than the 0.000583383% chance someone watching on TV sees their logo or the commentary teams gives them a plug. When I have some time I'll put together a post that really breaks down opportunities.
Rdubs19
3/5/2017 11:18am
Shipping and tools. Really a shocker that tool brands don't throw some sponsorships around considering anyone into MX whether they actually ride or not is probably a gearhead in some form. There was makita for a while but I can't think of anyone else.
rrjr
3/5/2017 11:38am
Jspazz wrote:
I just came from SX Toronto where there was NO organized fan engagement with the riders. A lot of what you say would go a long...
I just came from SX Toronto where there was NO organized fan engagement with the riders. A lot of what you say would go a long way with our impressionable youth. It would be so easy to make these guys their heroes.

Just an example - this is my third year taking my kids and nieces and nephews to SX, all aged 8-13. They only get into it when I say "Pick a rider and cheer for him!"

One picked Broc Tickle because her birthday is on the 20th - I tried to steer her away I but looked kinda foolish after he podiumed. She was cheering louder than anyone I've ever cheer for Broc.

Ditto my sister, who picked Chad reed as the old guy. Again, Chad has a fan for the rest of his career now.

Leaving just after the 450 race ended, I see a little guy and his girlfriend in Rockstar hats walking by a crowd of people on the sidewalk outside the dome. NOBODY recognizes him - I call, "Hey Zach!", he turns and I congratulate him on a great race. The kids were floored to see Zach Osborne who just won the race, and now instead of complaining about the cold, they ALL wanted to stay around the trucks 30 minutes in freezing weather.

DeCoster walked by and hid in his KTM hoodie looking scared he might have to actually talk to someone. I told them they call this guy 'the MAN', they were less impressed lol.

Finally, a privateer was pushing his tortured Yamaha outside the dome to his truck, with his half drunken crew holding onto his gear and toolboxes. Suddenly everyone crowded around and wanted to talk to this guy - he was laughing and his guys were joking about getting paid in pizza and beer. Everyone was impressed by his effort and if admiration could be paid in dollars, he was the richest guy around.

You're on to something, and it has more to do with rider/fan engagement than anything else.
I hope Zach Osborne's wife doesn't find out about his girlfriend.
MR. X
3/5/2017 11:41am
Spam my email please ,now thats taking us to the next sleazy level in modern america.
rrjr
3/5/2017 11:46am
A lot of this was addressed at the Summit. If anyone is trying to figure out how to grow the sport as a whole, it's Feld...
A lot of this was addressed at the Summit. If anyone is trying to figure out how to grow the sport as a whole, it's Feld. They don't do failures and they don't do mediocrity.

They are ushering the teams and OEM's toward the next level. It's not an overnight success though. Let's compare SX growth of the sport every ten years- and you see its larger than ever. Perhaps not in ticket sales, but it's overall reach.

I'm interested in seeing it expand, I think there needs to be more corporate sponsors and alliances. And they don't need to be from companies that you find in a gas station. Although, I'm also not a marketing strategist and I don't know what out of industry companies get out of the sport.

Additionally- I work for FedEx and every moto post I make I tag them on insta, I have them on my jersey, and graphics. Maybe someone at corporate in Memphis will follow the click hole after seeing me and find themselves seeing how massively our industry relies on shipping.

Maybe you should ask the people who will lose their jobs when the Circus closes for good what they think about Feld's lack of failures and mediocrity.
MDM
3/5/2017 11:50am
MR. X wrote:
Spam my email please ,now thats taking us to the next sleazy level in modern america.
Big difference between email spam and opt-in value driven offers. But that's another discussion.
3/5/2017 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 12:25pm
Hmmm, this has me curious about some possibilities. I work for a large LTL Trucking company. We do business with a bunch of Chinese ATV companies and parts companies and some of the larger Japanese brands.

I'm wondering if it would be more cost effective for some of the smaller teams to ship their stuff from round to round. Probably not since they need the rig to do maintenance and what not. But if tracks were more like NASCAR in the sense that they had a huge garage every team could pit out of it might work. I know we offer rebates and stuff among those lines, so yes the upfront cost may be expensive but once you hit a number of shipments you get a negotiated rebate or half price shipping for running the logo on your jersey or something along those lines.

I agree with the posters above in that shipping is a huge segment in the motorcycle industry. It'd be interesting to see what types of partnerships could be drummed up that would bring in additional revenue or just save teams money that could go to additional riders or whatever else.

gt80rider
3/5/2017 12:38pm
A lot of this was addressed at the Summit. If anyone is trying to figure out how to grow the sport as a whole, it's Feld...

Field's job is to fill the seats to make a profit... So let's say they do their job correctly and sell out the stadium in Mayberry. They put on a great show and make a tidy profit. They do their job so well that a guy in the audience decides he wants to go out and actually buy a dirt bike on Monday. The guy hits his local dealer and finds out a new race bike is gonna be 8k otd. That's too high so he prices a trail bike, which turns out to be 5k but has ancient technology on it. Then he finds out the nearest place he can ride a new bike is an hour and a half away. Guy walks out of dealer without a bike, then never watches another SX because he forgets about the sport because he never got a bike.

Point being... For feld to really blow up sx, noobies need to be able to buy an affordable bike and have somewhere reasonable to ride it. The mc industry needs sx to sell bikes, just like Feld needs real people riding bikes to become hardcore followers of the sport.
Xeno
3/5/2017 12:58pm
MDM wrote:
If a team is picking up a few thousand email addresses at each round, building their engagement list, over time its monetization value becomes worth much...
If a team is picking up a few thousand email addresses at each round, building their engagement list, over time its monetization value becomes worth much more than the 0.000583383% chance someone watching on TV sees their logo or the commentary teams gives them a plug. When I have some time I'll put together a post that really breaks down opportunities.
RCH has done a lot of engagement over the years on behalf of their corporate sponsors like Dodge and Jimmy Johns.
And look where it got them- they barely kept the team together this year.
Not trying to be negative- this dog and pony show needs more marketers like yourself because all the money is going to like 6 or 7 guys.
Jspazz
3/5/2017 1:02pm
Jspazz wrote:
I just came from SX Toronto where there was NO organized fan engagement with the riders. A lot of what you say would go a long...

rrjr wrote:
I hope Zach Osborne's wife doesn't find out about his girlfriend.
lol. Maybe I should have gotten a picture and posted it to confirm with you guys if he was dongoffering in Toronto
bultokid
3/5/2017 1:38pm

gt80rider wrote:
Field's job is to fill the seats to make a profit... So let's say they do their job correctly and sell out the stadium in Mayberry...
Field's job is to fill the seats to make a profit... So let's say they do their job correctly and sell out the stadium in Mayberry. They put on a great show and make a tidy profit. They do their job so well that a guy in the audience decides he wants to go out and actually buy a dirt bike on Monday. The guy hits his local dealer and finds out a new race bike is gonna be 8k otd. That's too high so he prices a trail bike, which turns out to be 5k but has ancient technology on it. Then he finds out the nearest place he can ride a new bike is an hour and a half away. Guy walks out of dealer without a bike, then never watches another SX because he forgets about the sport because he never got a bike.

Point being... For feld to really blow up sx, noobies need to be able to buy an affordable bike and have somewhere reasonable to ride it. The mc industry needs sx to sell bikes, just like Feld needs real people riding bikes to become hardcore followers of the sport.
Nailed it, you can have the best PR and all the $$ you can pump into it and it will move the needle zilch. How do you get new riders into the sport ? $10k bikes and very limited areas to ride are killing the sport. In the 70's lot of us had mini bikes and could ride anywhere just about....fast forward to 2017, I've NEVER seen a kid on a bike in my area and have lived there for 18 years...there is a huge power line easement about 500 yards away and nada...could you imagine that in the 70's
3/5/2017 2:25pm
Jspazz wrote:

Great post, really enjoyed reading that.
FWYT
3/5/2017 4:01pm
MDM wrote:
I have been in love with moto since I was a little kid...raced. Stopped. Getting back into it on a participation level...but never stopped following it...
I have been in love with moto since I was a little kid...raced. Stopped. Getting back into it on a participation level...but never stopped following it.

Made an intro thread here.

Anyway, I own a couple of marketing agencies (one does paid media for large brands and the other is an influencer marketing agency) so I have always paid close attention to the efforts of pro teams in terms of outside the industry sponsorship.

Just a little rant, because I want to see these teams excel and find the funding to operate. Too many teams fold. Too many amazing racers are left with no ride. Too many riders are risking A LOT for pennies. So many problems could be eliminated with proper funding. It won't come from within the industry. It needs to come from outside.

Most teams are dropping the ball. Prime example: Rockstar Energy Racing -- the website still has 2016 images and the schedule. No 2017 schedule. No info on the 2017 team. I am in no way bagging on them or singling them out. I went to their site to look at their graphics to see who made them and found all the images were of the 2016 team kit.

The teams need to think like these big brands. Let's take a company like Apple for instance. If they were to sponsor a top 250 team, do you honestly think they are going to care whether the team goes 4, 7, and 12 or 6, 9, and 13? No. Sure, podiums and wins are great for branding, but the real value in SX is the pit presence.

Fan engagement and activation is where a company like Apple is going to get their "return."

Most teams toss a sponsor logo on a team poster and try to pass that off as value. Sure, the fan takes it home, tosses it up in the garage, but do they even notice those little logos? Nope.

A lot of teams that feature very popular riders will hand out "tickets" for the autograph line. But they should take it a step further:

What percentage of fans in attendance (over the age of 16) do you think have a mobile phone with them? I would say it is VERY high. They are taking pictures, video, posting to social media, etc. These teams should have interactive stations around the truck (iPads on a stand...nothing fancy or expensive), where a fan can enter his or her email address in exchange for an autograph ticket. They enter a valid email, and it gets sent to their phone. Show their conformation, get a hard ticket.

They should also have giveaways every weekend (used plastic, jerseys, goggles, etc) that require an email address entry. This data is the REAL value to the sponsors. Teams could work into their sponsorship terms that they will send out X number of emails, allowing the sponsor to include an offer, or allow them to lease the list X number of times to directly market.

There are literally dozens of things these teams could be doing to pull in NASCAR-level sponsors...but nobody seems to be trying hard.

The cost for these teams are increasing while the $$ support is decreasing. Not a good combo.

Ok, marketing rant over lol.
Can't argue with having outdated material on the website. D'oh!!

"Fan engagement and activation is where a company like Apple is going to get their "return." "

I mean, maybe it's more along the lines of marketing team that happens to go racing.
Maybe the teams set aside some $$ for an inhouse marketing person?

Marketing is such a battle of perception thing and as such there are many "correct" solutions but I've always felt that moto is such a passion/niche sport that those outside sponsors are more like benefactors.

Can't email addresses just be bought by the shitload to show sponsors? Hhahhaha J/K. But really, Methbot has that angle covered ten-fold!!!

MDM
3/5/2017 4:53pm
Xeno wrote:
RCH has done a lot of engagement over the years on behalf of their corporate sponsors like Dodge and Jimmy Johns. And look where it got...
RCH has done a lot of engagement over the years on behalf of their corporate sponsors like Dodge and Jimmy Johns.
And look where it got them- they barely kept the team together this year.
Not trying to be negative- this dog and pony show needs more marketers like yourself because all the money is going to like 6 or 7 guys.
There is the right kind of engagement and the wrong kind of engagement. Not saying what RCH was doing was wrong (I don't know details) but there are ways to draw BIG outside $$$ with the "right" kind of engagement. I am currently working on a sponsorship deal based solely on engagement for north of $9M. It's not related to moto, but when you think outside the box and get clever, checkbooks will open.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
3/5/2017 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 5:13pm
i started eating jimmy johns once a week.now i don't.. i would buy Gatorade or cheerios etc. i cant believe that fed ex or ups isn't on a bike/team. with everything going to online shopping. if i needed a tool.i would go to home depot or lowes depending on who was in the sport. hope some deals come with big sponsors.
kobalt Yamaha.ahh the graphics would be sweet.

I just think Gatorade on a bike would be bad ass. all the colors they have and the commercials would be super cool with the training riders do. what do you say? ill buy a pack a week.deal?Whistling
FWYT
3/5/2017 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 5:18pm
$9M? Dang! How's that sorta work... you promise Company X a certain number/level of activity or whatever and they will flow $9M to Brand Z? What about making that same pitch to a moto team? (Probably have to take a higher than usual cut because you'd have to help implement the structure whathaveyou.)
MDM
3/5/2017 5:20pm
i started eating jimmy johns once a week.now i don't.. i would buy Gatorade or cheerios etc. i cant believe that fed ex or ups isn't...
i started eating jimmy johns once a week.now i don't.. i would buy Gatorade or cheerios etc. i cant believe that fed ex or ups isn't on a bike/team. with everything going to online shopping. if i needed a tool.i would go to home depot or lowes depending on who was in the sport. hope some deals come with big sponsors.
kobalt Yamaha.ahh the graphics would be sweet.

I just think Gatorade on a bike would be bad ass. all the colors they have and the commercials would be super cool with the training riders do. what do you say? ill buy a pack a week.deal?Whistling
There are plenty of companies that "make sense" (and have the money)...

The "deal" just needs to be packaged right.

Just to throw something else out there...

Let's take a look at the KTM factory riders (Ryan Dungey, Marvin and Trey) Social media following:

Ryan Dungey:
Instagram - 785k
Twitter - 248K
Facebook - 998k

Marvin:
Instagram - 296k
Twitter - 77k
Facebook - 195k

Trey:
Instagram - 259k
Twitter - 120k
Facebook - 460k

This is a grand total of nearly 3.5 MILLION social followers between the 3 riders on this team.

This is a HUGE value, to both industry sponsors and outside sponsors that I can promise isn't being leveraged the way it could be.

There is so much that could be done. So much! Potential that nobody even knows exists...
MDM
3/5/2017 5:22pm
FWYT wrote:
$9M? Dang! How's that sorta work... you promise Company X a certain number/level of activity or whatever and they will flow $9M to Brand Z? What...
$9M? Dang! How's that sorta work... you promise Company X a certain number/level of activity or whatever and they will flow $9M to Brand Z? What about making that same pitch to a moto team? (Probably have to take a higher than usual cut because you'd have to help implement the structure whathaveyou.)
That particular deal is a 3 year engagement deal that really can't compare to a race team. But it is very unique and outside the box. Just wanted to make a point that there is $$ out there if you get creative. There is so much untapped potential in this sport in terms of sponsorship angles and value.
3/5/2017 5:44pm
Blows my mind that panasonic doesn't have some kind of sponsorship. When Nascar went EFI everyone went out and got tough books.

Modern Works bikes heavy rely on computers...a tough book sponsorship would be perfect.

Candy sponsors, Drug companies, Band Aid, Yeti coolers, etc. All these companies sell products to moto people and don't do a whole lot with moto.
machine
3/5/2017 5:46pm
bultokid wrote:
Nailed it, you can have the best PR and all the $$ you can pump into it and it will move the needle zilch. How do...
Nailed it, you can have the best PR and all the $$ you can pump into it and it will move the needle zilch. How do you get new riders into the sport ? $10k bikes and very limited areas to ride are killing the sport. In the 70's lot of us had mini bikes and could ride anywhere just about....fast forward to 2017, I've NEVER seen a kid on a bike in my area and have lived there for 18 years...there is a huge power line easement about 500 yards away and nada...could you imagine that in the 70's
Most kids now a days are either house bound playing video games, or playing soccer because their parents don't want little Johnny to get hurt. Sad to say...
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
3/5/2017 6:57pm
Just going to throw out a number or two for y'all. I know everyone is screaming "local numbers suck" or "it's too expensive" and to a point a agree, but I work at our local track and just got off...We had 445 riders at practice Saturday, and full gates Sunday in ALOT of classes. The grassroots will only improve as marketing improves but marketing improves only with more people to market to. The more people we get to say "hey, I want to go ride" and the more tracks they can actually ride, the better.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe we need to change our approach to the issue.
FWYT
3/5/2017 7:16pm
MDM wrote:
There are plenty of companies that "make sense" (and have the money)... The "deal" just needs to be packaged right. Just to throw something else out...
There are plenty of companies that "make sense" (and have the money)...

The "deal" just needs to be packaged right.

Just to throw something else out there...

Let's take a look at the KTM factory riders (Ryan Dungey, Marvin and Trey) Social media following:

Ryan Dungey:
Instagram - 785k
Twitter - 248K
Facebook - 998k

Marvin:
Instagram - 296k
Twitter - 77k
Facebook - 195k

Trey:
Instagram - 259k
Twitter - 120k
Facebook - 460k

This is a grand total of nearly 3.5 MILLION social followers between the 3 riders on this team.

This is a HUGE value, to both industry sponsors and outside sponsors that I can promise isn't being leveraged the way it could be.

There is so much that could be done. So much! Potential that nobody even knows exists...
I think we all know why teams are not all over this- because they have their hands full trying to win races. Same as why the marketing department doesn't weigh in on ECU maps. The duck does not talk to the chicken, ya know?

It seems to me that the real question is why somebody is not exploiting this untapped potential, for a fee of course! I mean, if the money is there and if those numbers are indeed actual potential just sitting there, why are digital marketing guys not pimping those numbers to those wallets?
Dtat720
3/5/2017 7:39pm
bultokid wrote:
Nailed it, you can have the best PR and all the $$ you can pump into it and it will move the needle zilch. How do...
machine wrote:
Most kids now a days are either house bound playing video games, or playing soccer because their parents don't want little Johnny to get hurt. Sad...
Most kids now a days are either house bound playing video games, or playing soccer because their parents don't want little Johnny to get hurt. Sad to say...
The sad part in this, soccer is the number one sport for youth injuries by more than triple over any other sport. But parents are brainwashed as it being the safest...

Marketing... My brother sells television channels and programming globally. He helps friends with projects sometimes as well. This is the digital age, everything is contingent on digital information. Locking in contact information for influence. It isnt about a logo on a jersey. It is about collecting the information for potential future sales. Peer to peer interaction with riders with the goal of collecting some point of contact. Fans win, sponsors win. Thinking sponsors want product pushed at the races is archaic. They want the digital footprint
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
3/5/2017 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2017 7:58pm
I bet if you mentioned the acronym CRM to many race teams, a majority would think you are just mispronouncing CRF.
MDM
3/5/2017 8:37pm
NV825 wrote:
I bet if you mentioned the acronym CRM to many race teams, a majority would think you are just mispronouncing CRF.
hahaha this made me laugh...yet very true!

Post a reply to: Pro Teams Dropping the Ball (Drives me crazy...)

The Latest