Pro Circuit suing Sepkovic

ck95
9/2/2010 9:54am
FastEddy wrote:
What riders does Sepkovic represent ,other then JLAW?

GrapeApe wrote:
MC, Wey, and JLaw that I am aware of. Edit: Well, let me qualify that. I think he manages those three, but he sets up sponsorship...
MC, Wey, and JLaw that I am aware of.

Edit: Well, let me qualify that. I think he manages those three, but he sets up sponsorship deals for several other riders without being their "manager."
Pretty sure MC and Wey are not Crown clients

The Shop

Matthes
9/2/2010 9:57am
This is going to make a great story one day, it's not finished though. The rise and fall of a greedy guy from PA.

I tried to write about it a while back and everywhere I turned, there was no comments from anyone, including Scott.
9/2/2010 10:05am
KazFu wrote:
Poor Guy.
Poor guy?/ WTF

If he is indeed doing what's being said he needs to be blackballed from anyone teams within the racing community. And he can try to hise himself within other names or ownerships of his firm but it always comes out sooner than later.
ck95
9/2/2010 10:07am
KazFu wrote:
Poor Guy.
Poor Guy?!

The guy made shady deals, got greedy, skimmed sponsorship money , and finally got his act figured out. How is he the "poor guy". He may be poor after this all shakes out.
Neutra
9/2/2010 10:15am
ck95 wrote:
Poor Guy?! The guy made shady deals, got greedy, skimmed sponsorship money , and finally got his act figured out. How is he the "poor guy"...
Poor Guy?!

The guy made shady deals, got greedy, skimmed sponsorship money , and finally got his act figured out. How is he the "poor guy". He may be poor after this all shakes out.
ck95, if I remember O'Neal AND factory Effex made a deal with Monster/Sepkovic. Isn't it?
Blake
9/2/2010 10:16am
I thought MC was under that lady up in LA?

Or is that just a "publicist"

Matthes, is this the same guy that had the surf shop/clothing company way way back?
ck95
9/2/2010 10:18am
ck95 wrote:
Poor Guy?! The guy made shady deals, got greedy, skimmed sponsorship money , and finally got his act figured out. How is he the "poor guy"...
Poor Guy?!

Neutra wrote:
ck95, if I remember O'Neal AND factory Effex made a deal with Monster/Sepkovic. Isn't it?
Monster yes, Sepkovic no. Luckily neither company dealt with him, always Monster direct.
Neutra
9/2/2010 10:30am
That's not what Scott have been saying but you probably know better, ;-)
ck95
9/2/2010 10:34am
Neutra wrote:
That's not what Scott have been saying but you probably know better, ;-)
Yeah, I may have some inside info on some of those deals Smile
Matthes
9/2/2010 10:36am
Blake wrote:
I thought MC was under that lady up in LA? Or is that just a "publicist" Matthes, is this the same guy that had the surf...

Matthes, is this the same guy that had the surf shop/clothing company way way back?
He used to own Rip Rock Surf wear in the 80's.
Big Daddy
9/2/2010 10:57am
Wow. So, crooks are going to get called to the carpet in the motorcycle industry? This could take a while!
danman
9/2/2010 11:03am
So what happens if Sepkovic reps the rider and his wife works with the sponsors? That would really muddy the waters even more because it separates the dual representation, but kind of doesn't separate them....
Blake
9/2/2010 11:09am
How is he a kook/crook?

If he earns a check from setting someone up with a deal making money, do you think he should do it for free?

Even if he didnt file his papers with the state right, IMO, he's bad at the business side, but maybe great at public relations and good at setting up deals and negotiating.

I'd bet plenty in the moto industry suck at book keeping but are kick ass at their job.

However much commission he makes is up to those making the deal.

If you don't like it, negotiate your own deal.
Brent
9/2/2010 11:10am
Blake wrote:
I thought MC was under that lady up in LA? Or is that just a "publicist" Matthes, is this the same guy that had the surf...

Matthes wrote:
He used to own Rip Rock Surf wear in the 80's.
Here is their web page, not sure how current it is -

http://www.crownamg.com/clients.html
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
9/2/2010 11:11am
FastEddy wrote:
What riders does Sepkovic represent ,other then JLAW?

GrapeApe wrote:
MC, Wey, and JLaw that I am aware of. Edit: Well, let me qualify that. I think he manages those three, but he sets up sponsorship...
MC, Wey, and JLaw that I am aware of.

Edit: Well, let me qualify that. I think he manages those three, but he sets up sponsorship deals for several other riders without being their "manager."
ck95 wrote:
Pretty sure MC and Wey are not Crown clients
They should be pissed then, because they are featured prominently on the Crown AMG website.

http://www.crownamg.com/athlete.php
Nutty C
9/2/2010 11:43am
Well if Gieco Honda beats Pro Circuit in the natioal chase they can expect a law suit.
Just a bunch of big babies Waaaaaaaaa...
TeamGreen
9/2/2010 12:57pm
500guy wrote:
Maybe agents in MX need to start having some sort of education and be certified.
Bob and Sal of Conexxions are the only guys in the Biz that I know...that have degrees...and a VERY Legit-Firm behind them.

The other day I'm in a meeting, a rider walks in with his "Agent"...actually an Agent's gopher...from a "group" that's been in this biz for a while. It broke my heart that this rider had this group as his agency.

Why?

Because too much of what is in this thread is too true; but, there are still some good agents out there. I've seen it.

I'm jus' sayin'...

9/2/2010 1:13pm
500guy wrote:
Maybe agents in MX need to start having some sort of education and be certified.
TeamGreen wrote:
Bob and Sal of Conexxions are the only guys in the Biz that I know...that have degrees...and a VERY Legit-Firm behind them. The other day I'm...
Bob and Sal of Conexxions are the only guys in the Biz that I know...that have degrees...and a VERY Legit-Firm behind them.

The other day I'm in a meeting, a rider walks in with his "Agent"...actually an Agent's gopher...from a "group" that's been in this biz for a while. It broke my heart that this rider had this group as his agency.

Why?

Because too much of what is in this thread is too true; but, there are still some good agents out there. I've seen it.

I'm jus' sayin'...

Too bad even D-A-D is no longer a good agent,
Brent
9/2/2010 3:48pm
500guy wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Bob and Sal of Conexxions are the only guys in the Biz that I know...that have degrees...and a VERY Legit-Firm behind them. The other day I'm...

Why?

I'm jus' sayin'...

Wasserman/Familie?
Spinner
9/2/2010 3:57pm
Two things I noticed in this thread:

1. Some people get it. Some just don't.
2. FTE is an artist with the english language.
9/3/2010 12:31pm
The lawsuit alleges that PC's contract with Crown, signed in 2004, is void because Crown did not list PC as a party Crown has represented or is representing on a form filed with the state of California.

So PC wants a refund of all commissions paid to Crown from the Monster deal (and other deals, I believe) since 2004- $500,000.

I wonder what this spells out for the future of Monster and PC. Some serious bad juju going on with that relationship. Will PC be running with Monster sponsorship next year?

Of course, Crown is also suing Monster, alleging "that Monster unlawfully interfered with Crown AMG's business, by, among other things, filing lawsuits against Crown AMG clients, instructing Crown AMG clients not to pay Crown AMG, and making false representations to Crown AMG and its clients," according to one article.
nc_mx_kid
9/3/2010 1:18pm
A boat can only hold so many people.
Mr. Info
9/3/2010 2:30pm
Back up the truck. Make sure it's a 53 footer because we have to haul a lot of baggage. And you wonder why the riders can't make any money.

Post a reply to: Pro Circuit suing Sepkovic

The Latest