Privateers

Shane_Martin
Edited Date/Time 10/27/2015 1:33pm
Why do guys like Justin Hill and Martin Davalos keep getting factory rides? There are other privateers like Jace Owen that given the opportunities these guys have, could be studs!!!
|
struth
10/27/2015 6:02am
If ya can't see why hill is getting rides you best blind.
mx965
10/27/2015 6:08am
Dont get me wrong jace owen is a boss grew up racing with him but how the hell are you going to compare him with Justin Hill??? Justin hill has won races and been in a title hunt..
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
10/27/2015 6:11am
Justin may have talked about being in a title hunt. But I don't think he has actually done much in retrospect to what he says he can do
IWreckALot
10/27/2015 6:13am
I'm baffled by Davalos personally. "We can work with speed. . . except for Davalos, that is some speed we cannot work with".

The Shop

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
10/27/2015 9:31am
its because they have the POSSIBILITY of making the podium. Not he might get a pod on better equipment after a year or two of development.

plain an simple they have a higher chance of return on investment.

although davalos im always curious as to why. He has never done well in mains(outside of his time on PC) compared to qualifiers and his outdoor results are not equal to the ride he is given
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
10/27/2015 9:46am
You could say the same for Malcolm every year they blow him up as a title contender. Yet he has been on the podium what maybe 3 times since he turned pro ?
Mx4life320
Fantasy
2781st
10/27/2015 9:46am
Ive heard that Owen is a rider who complains a lot, and no one wants to work with someone like that especially if your always getting 15-20th place.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/27/2015 9:55am
easy guys....common sense is the new stupid
I think you have that backwards...or something.
MtnBoy
10/27/2015 10:37am
GuyB wrote:
I think the mods are trying to make people look stupid any time they say something negative about a rider, sorry all of us don't need to gargle their balls.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/27/2015 10:55am
GuyB wrote:
MtnBoy wrote:
I think the mods are trying to make people look stupid any time they say something negative about a rider, sorry all of us don't need...
I think the mods are trying to make people look stupid any time they say something negative about a rider, sorry all of us don't need to gargle their balls.
That was more of a joke than me trying to make Dennis look stupid. But we've had some truly terrible posts the last few days. That's more what I was referring to.

I don't expect this to be a gargle zone. But I do expect at least a reasonable level of respect, both for other users, and the people you're talking about. For example, in the Forum QNA, we've asked people to ask questions like they were in a face-to-face meeting. Other than a couple notable exceptions (neither of whom post here any more), people have played that way.
TeamGreen
10/27/2015 11:02am
Please post the results of...

Justin Hill's last 20 races
Martin Davalos's last 20 races
Jace Owens's last 20 races
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/27/2015 11:11am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2015 11:20am
Davalos did show some really good speed last year when he rode for PC, but for me he should have done that a long time ago. I mean he is 28 and still riding 250s. In this case I feel like an age rule like MXGP has would be a good thing. IMO guys like Davalos are keeping the young kids that are moving up from getting rides. Look at Sanayei, the kid hauls and I believe got a 2nd overall at Lorettas and went 15-15 in his first national, yet he might be going to Europe next year because there aren't really any rides here? If I were a team owner I'd have to tell Davalos sorry man but you're almost 30 and this kids 18 or 19, he has a future. But that's just my opinion.
hvaughn88
10/27/2015 11:17am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Davalos did show some really good speed last year when he rode for PC, but for me he should have done that a long time ago...
Davalos did show some really good speed last year when he rode for PC, but for me he should have done that a long time ago. I mean he is 28 and still riding 250s. In this case I feel like an age rule like MXGP has would be a good thing. IMO guys like Davalos are keeping the young kids that are moving up from getting rides. Look at Sanayei, the kid hauls and I believe got a 2nd overall at Lorettas and went 15-15 in his first national, yet he might be going to Europe next year because there aren't really any rides here? If I were a team owner I'd have to tell Davalos sorry man but you're almost 30 and this kids 18 or 19, he has a future. But that's just my opinion.
I may be alone in this thinking, but once you turn pro, it's a business. Why should a team feel obliged to hire an unproven rookie when they can hire someone that they know what they are getting?
hvaughn88
10/27/2015 11:18am
I've noticed lots of people on here are really good at spending other peoples' money.
coolhand
10/27/2015 11:19am
It is about the name, and the exposure. You cant expect an unknown to get the rides...
Remember...a lot of morons are Jumping on the Trump bandwagon..look at his results.
x3 Chap 13, old man had the cash...but he can run his mouth and chase ass.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/27/2015 11:27am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Davalos did show some really good speed last year when he rode for PC, but for me he should have done that a long time ago...
hvaughn88 wrote:
I may be alone in this thinking, but once you turn pro, it's a business. Why should a team feel obliged to hire an unproven rookie...
I may be alone in this thinking, but once you turn pro, it's a business. Why should a team feel obliged to hire an unproven rookie when they can hire someone that they know what they are getting?
I just put my opinion and what I would do if I was a team owner. I don't expect many to agree with that or see it the way I do. I would just rather put my money into a kid who has years of racing ahead of him(provided he doesn't get hurt) vs putting my money into a guy who's almost 30 and might have 1-2 years left in his career. I just see it as Martin isn't getting any younger and he's not going to be able to put his body through what the younger guys can anymore. Chances are Martin is going to start slowing down a bit soon while a kid like Sanayei has the opportunity to learn the speed of the top guys and is willing to push it to get there. But like I said before this is only my opinion. I'm sure yours along with many others is different.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/27/2015 11:39am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I'm not a fan of having a one-way path that pushes riders through the sport.

If the younger guys can get up there and challenge and displace the veterans in front of them, they should earn the spot.

Martin has shown a lot of speed, and has won races in the past. He's also had plenty of bad breaks, and obviously the team and sponsors think he's worth keeping. He still has the spot.

Justin also has tons of speed, but had a mix of an ankle injury and concussions last year hindered his season for sure.
coolhand
10/27/2015 11:40am
Matty,

You are correct, its the world that is sideways.
neysbo
10/27/2015 11:49am
TeamGreen wrote:

For Davalos you may have to go back 5 years time to get 20 races.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/27/2015 11:51am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I'm not a fan of having a one-way path that pushes riders through the sport. If the younger guys can get up there and challenge and...
I'm not a fan of having a one-way path that pushes riders through the sport.

If the younger guys can get up there and challenge and displace the veterans in front of them, they should earn the spot.

Martin has shown a lot of speed, and has won races in the past. He's also had plenty of bad breaks, and obviously the team and sponsors think he's worth keeping. He still has the spot.

Justin also has tons of speed, but had a mix of an ankle injury and concussions last year hindered his season for sure.
I hope that Justin comes back 100% next year and gets back to where he should be. the racing world is always better with more guys fighting for the top spot.
nc_mx_kid
10/27/2015 11:57am
Why do guys like Justin Hill and Martin Davalos keep getting factory rides? There are other privateers like Jace Owen that given the opportunities these guys...
Why do guys like Justin Hill and Martin Davalos keep getting factory rides? There are other privateers like Jace Owen that given the opportunities these guys have, could be studs!!!
I think Jace Owen could work on marketing himself/sponsors more. I've seen him over the years while he has stayed at ClubMx in chesterfield, SC and he has always had nice equipment. seems like his parents/some funding has never been an issue for him. Maybe not having the NEED to have a factory ride to go to the races is the reason he hasn't been on a factory team?
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
10/27/2015 12:35pm
I think something that some people don't take into account is everyone is fast now There is a very small margin that separates riders .every single rider that lines up on the gate has the ability to win . It's the one that can do that consistently that people talk about . I know myself that confidence is huge when it comes to racing and you have a few bad races and it's hard to get back to the top .
sc961
10/27/2015 1:27pm
TeamGreen wrote:

One of the few posts with a valid question/comment in this thread. ^^^^^^

"Most" of the posts starting with "I think" or "I'm" or talking about "gargling balls" will usually have little fact and lots of lack of knowledge related to what thought actually goes into hiring a rider and why..

I think anyway..
TeamGreen
10/27/2015 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2015 1:34pm
TeamGreen wrote:

sc961 wrote:
One of the few posts with a valid question/comment in this thread. ^^^^^^ [u]"Most"[/u] of the posts starting with "I think" or "I'm" or talking about...
One of the few posts with a valid question/comment in this thread. ^^^^^^

"Most" of the posts starting with "I think" or "I'm" or talking about "gargling balls" will usually have little fact and lots of lack of knowledge related to what thought actually goes into hiring a rider and why..

I think anyway..
To be fair...

I'm pretty stoked that Jace has fans pulling for him; but, I find it almost crazy that people fail to recognize the skill it takes to win at this level.

Justin is still young and has run up front and Impressed ROGER.
Martin has come-back too many times to count; and, with EVERY come-back, he ALWAYS returns to "Lead-Speed".

Another thing: every damn time one of these threads goes up, it seems like what people are saying is..."Are these Team Mgrs idiots?"

Uh, no.

Post a reply to: Privateers

The Latest