"Premier motocross series"

mx836
Edited Date/Time 6/21/2015 9:40am
How can the World Motocross GP series be considered the premier motocross series in the world with only 21 riders on the gate? This wasn't a fly away race in Qatar. It was at legendary Maggioria in mainland Europe. Simpson came out of the start in about 7th place after hitting the gate, and Cairoli rolled around and beat only a couple riders, yet still scored championship points. I LOVE all motocross including the GP's, but it is pretty difficult to claim talent depth in the series with only 21 riders lining up.
|
Starcrossed
6/15/2015 6:28pm
It definitely presents an interesting dynamic. If there were 40 top guys on the gate, AMA style, would Tony even bother lining up. Would it be worth risking further injury if he had to beat 20 guys to score any points?

The Shop

Huckster
6/15/2015 6:40pm
mx836 wrote:
How can the World Motocross GP series be considered the premier motocross series in the world with only 21 riders on the gate? This wasn't a...
How can the World Motocross GP series be considered the premier motocross series in the world with only 21 riders on the gate? This wasn't a fly away race in Qatar. It was at legendary Maggioria in mainland Europe. Simpson came out of the start in about 7th place after hitting the gate, and Cairoli rolled around and beat only a couple riders, yet still scored championship points. I LOVE all motocross including the GP's, but it is pretty difficult to claim talent depth in the series with only 21 riders lining up.
Very valid question. I noticed that as well and was wondering why?
machine
6/15/2015 6:44pm
Well, at least he dropped the stink bomb and ran when all the Euros are sleeping..haha..
motomike137
6/15/2015 6:53pm
Jesus, I was so focused on the action that I have to admit I never noticed that the field was so small.
machine
6/15/2015 6:54pm
Oh...I never said I disagreed...lol. But there's shit storm on the horizon..Grinning
Jack mehoff
6/15/2015 6:54pm
Emx has no problem filling the gate , I will give them credit for at least giving them a choice , it just goes to show you where the smaller funded teams really chose to put there money .
mx836
6/15/2015 6:58pm
struth wrote:
Really, this crap again?
Really. It's a legit question. I wouldn't expect you to understand.
kkawboy14
6/15/2015 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2015 7:03pm
There's only 2 series.....
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/15/2015 7:06pm
struth wrote:
Really, this crap again?
Read it with a Kermit voice. It'll make more sense.
kkawboy14
6/15/2015 7:08pm
struth wrote:
Really, this crap again?
GuyB wrote:
Read it with a Kermit voice. It'll make more sense.
Now that's funny right there,
6/15/2015 7:20pm
If there is only 20 people on the gate, why? Is it because no one tried to qualify or what? How do you even get your pro license in the world GP's? Maybe that's the problem, maybe they just make it to difficult
mx836
6/15/2015 7:49pm
machine wrote:
Well, at least he dropped the stink bomb and ran when all the Euros are sleeping..haha..
Laughing It really wasn't intended to be bait. Looking back, I could have certainly phrased it differently. The racing in MXGP has been much more entertaining thus far than the AMA series, but the thin field really takes away from the whole event. Maybe the lack of other racers on the track is what keeps the racing somewhat closer.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
6/15/2015 7:58pm
Maybe they should smoke more pot.
hillbilly
6/15/2015 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2015 7:59pm
Look at it this way,the gp guys don't have to wade thru 20 lappers while trying to win the moto.
h&m_cycle
6/15/2015 10:18pm
It's just different, they don't have a purse, It's hard to race if you don't belong to a team... Pros that run in the back anywhere
get no respect... They don't care, that's the way it is...

When you get time watch this GoPro video, a few laps at least, On Board with Alex Martin after first turn crash @ Muddy Creek
Guys have almost a half a lap head start, doesn't take long for him to catch the back of the pack, some of it is from
bottle necking but maybe they don't want this over there...

no way to embed I know of it...

http://www.promotocross.com/mx/event/tennessee-2015/video/2015-muddy-cr…
Robgvx
6/15/2015 11:31pm
There are just 1000 reasons why there are only 21 riders at a GP
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/15/2015 11:39pm
Full gate with riders who are close to 30sec a lap slower than the leaders, or half full gate with only top guys. Both sides have their positives.
Sometimes I love the full gates at the nationals but sometimes I prefer the GP one.
Robgvx
6/15/2015 11:55pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Full gate with riders who are close to 30sec a lap slower than the leaders, or half full gate with only top guys. Both sides have...
Full gate with riders who are close to 30sec a lap slower than the leaders, or half full gate with only top guys. Both sides have their positives.
Sometimes I love the full gates at the nationals but sometimes I prefer the GP one.
There are plenty of riders who would race GPs, and would be way quicker than 30 seconds slower, but choose not to bother when it costs €1000 to enter with no purse to offset the costs.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/16/2015 12:14am
crusty_xx wrote:
Full gate with riders who are close to 30sec a lap slower than the leaders, or half full gate with only top guys. Both sides have...
Robgvx wrote:
There are plenty of riders who would race GPs, and would be way quicker than 30 seconds slower, but choose not to bother when it costs...
There are plenty of riders who would race GPs, and would be way quicker than 30 seconds slower, but choose not to bother when it costs €1000 to enter with no purse to offset the costs.
True
But the op compared the 2 series.
Would be awesome to have all fast riders in Europe on a 40 riders gate. Won't happen with Giuseppe tho :/
6/16/2015 12:15am
mx836 wrote:
:laugh: It really wasn't intended to be bait. Looking back, I could have certainly phrased it differently. The racing in MXGP has been much more entertaining...
Laughing It really wasn't intended to be bait. Looking back, I could have certainly phrased it differently. The racing in MXGP has been much more entertaining thus far than the AMA series, but the thin field really takes away from the whole event. Maybe the lack of other racers on the track is what keeps the racing somewhat closer.
I think the fact you have acknowledged that the GP,s have the " much more entertaining" racing proves that it is the premier championship , don't you think ?

Strength is depth is not just about a full line up , especially if the majority of them are just there to make the numbers up .

In the AMA nationals you basically are left now with just 2 riders who stand a chance of a race win , whilst in the GP,s there are still at least 8 to 10 guys who can pull off a win at anytime , if not a few more .
steed 2.0
6/16/2015 12:35am
mx836 wrote:
How can the World Motocross GP series be considered the premier motocross series in the world with only 21 riders on the gate? This wasn't a...
pilotdude
6/16/2015 12:37am
mx836 wrote:
:laugh: It really wasn't intended to be bait. Looking back, I could have certainly phrased it differently. The racing in MXGP has been much more entertaining...
I think the fact you have acknowledged that the GP,s have the " much more entertaining" racing proves that it is the premier championship , don't...
I think the fact you have acknowledged that the GP,s have the " much more entertaining" racing proves that it is the premier championship , don't you think ?

Strength is depth is not just about a full line up , especially if the majority of them are just there to make the numbers up .

In the AMA nationals you basically are left now with just 2 riders who stand a chance of a race win , whilst in the GP,s there are still at least 8 to 10 guys who can pull off a win at anytime , if not a few more .
If they could pull off a win at anytime, they would.

They won't.

But keep telling yourself that "at least" 8 to 10 if not a few more can win.

And if you think that "much more entertaining racing" makes the superior series, then AMA has had many years where it was the superior series. You argue from whatever position validates your GP series, every time. Just the same old shit.

Old chum.

philG
6/16/2015 12:44am
There are so many guys out injured at the minute

Villopoto
Desalle
Frossard
Ferris
Boog
Bengttsson
Watson
Gaunieri
Goncalves
Searle
Nicholls

The slowest guy out there is Clement Gercar, who is usually 5 secs off pole , where is 5 seconds off pole in AMA ??
Whilst its nice to have a full grid, guys who are just not fast enough filling the space just spoils the races , especially on the GP tracks that have a shorter lap.

Post a reply to: "Premier motocross series"

The Latest