Pourcel doesn't think RV's will be MXGP Champ

jamma10
11/19/2014 9:25am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2014 9:26am
stewie94 wrote:
nooppppeeee..... paulin SmileWink & RV is not in cairoli's head , where the fuck yal get tht nonsense from
mgifracing wrote:
I get it from the fact that AC never had much interest in the 450 before and now he hears the ass kicking leprechaun is on...
I get it from the fact that AC never had much interest in the 450 before and now he hears the ass kicking leprechaun is on his way and poof, I better try that 450. Hasn't RV already smoked these guys, On a 250.
I should think Cairoli tests a 450 before each and every season... why wouldn't he?
11/19/2014 9:29am
BobbyM wrote:
Lack of confidence is why AC won't come to the states and race. I'd say RV has the edge in confidence from that simple comparison.
Lol...oh man, we have some brilliant analysts in this thread!!!
11/19/2014 9:29am
tek14 wrote:
Its hard to believe that some US people cant understand what they read on their mother language..
I know, like that wpark89 guy. What's his problem? Do you think it's our education system?
mgifracing
Fantasy
346th
11/19/2014 9:30am
stewie94 wrote:
nooppppeeee..... paulin SmileWink & RV is not in cairoli's head , where the fuck yal get tht nonsense from
mgifracing wrote:
I get it from the fact that AC never had much interest in the 450 before and now he hears the ass kicking leprechaun is on...
I get it from the fact that AC never had much interest in the 450 before and now he hears the ass kicking leprechaun is on his way and poof, I better try that 450. Hasn't RV already smoked these guys, On a 250.
jamma10 wrote:
I should think Cairoli tests a 450 before each and every season... why wouldn't he?
I don't think he has felt like he needed it before. RV is a beast that will take everything AC can muster to beat. I'll give AC the edge on the sand tracks but everywhere else should be one hell of a spectacle.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
11/19/2014 9:31am
mgifracing wrote:
he didnt? Which AC exactly are you talking about?
just because you dont read it on the internet doesnt mean he has no interest, he has tried the big bike for several years.
11/19/2014 9:32am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2014 9:34am
mgifracing wrote:
The way I see it, AC is the only one that may have something for RV. The other fast Euros have been beat by our other...
The way I see it, AC is the only one that may have something for RV. The other fast Euros have been beat by our other fast guys already and all of a sudden AC is testing the 450. RV is in AC's head.
Clement Desalle comes out here for 2 or 3 outdoor rounds the past 6 years and has podiums and top 5 everytime out!!! And he is not familiar with these tracks!! So nice theory! I'm gonna say that Ac is a step above Rv in gp racing and clement will be Rv's main rival...
mgifracing
Fantasy
346th
11/19/2014 9:37am
Clement Desalle comes out here for 2 or 3 outdoor rounds the past 6 years and has podiums and top 5 everytime out!!! And he is...
Clement Desalle comes out here for 2 or 3 outdoor rounds the past 6 years and has podiums and top 5 everytime out!!! And he is not familiar with these tracks!! So nice theory! I'm gonna say that Ac is a step above Rv in gp racing and clement will be Rv's main rival...
I guess that's why we watch. I know Desalle is pretty salty but I don't think he has RV speed or tenacity for a whole moto.
steed 2.0
11/19/2014 9:45am
This topic needs a video, this time in French for some variation Wink

Aryen
11/19/2014 11:09am
steed 2.0 wrote:
This topic needs a video, this time in French for some variation ;) [embed] https://youtu.be/jsmxzCaoov8 [/embed]

It's a frickin' shame JH isn't gonna suit up for MXGP in 2015...

Hey snap, look at our location! Wink
KlootZak
11/19/2014 11:10am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2014 11:12am
Juss wrote:
AC has never had to race a guy like RV. AC has now clue whats in store for him. They are both crazy fast, but RV...
AC has never had to race a guy like RV. AC has now clue whats in store for him. They are both crazy fast, but RV is the type of person who will just keep coming at you. He wont lay down like the rest of the field does, once AC passes him! Its going to be good, but you can bet you ass RV will be in his head. He really dosent know what to expect. RV has nothing too loose here. Sooner or later, its time to get knocked off the top! Just ask Valentino Rossi.
"AC has never had to race a guy like RV. AC has no clue what is in store for him."

BlinkDizzyUnsure

And Valentino has been at the top for 18 years (!!!), has gone through many different competitors, bikes, techniques and regulation and he is currently still consistent top 3 and occasionally wins. Any negative talk about Valentino Rossi indicates your credibility.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
11/19/2014 11:11am
I wouldn't "let" RV beat me either, but he would.
tprice07
11/19/2014 11:23am
Does anyone care what CP says? There is a reason why Kawi chose Wil Hahn over him. As for RV vs AC. There will be races that RV doesn't win, like here, but come Glen Helen he will already have the championship wrapped up. I'm not even a super huge fan of RV but after watching the past few years of racing with some of the best guys in the world...I wouldn't waste my money betting against the guy. Even with a very jacked up knee RV went out and beat the fastest guys in the world ...at Supercross even. C'mon no way anyone can compete with that.
KlootZak
11/19/2014 11:34am
tprice07 wrote:
Does anyone care what CP says? There is a reason why Kawi chose Wil Hahn over him. As for RV vs AC. There will be races...
Does anyone care what CP says? There is a reason why Kawi chose Wil Hahn over him. As for RV vs AC. There will be races that RV doesn't win, like here, but come Glen Helen he will already have the championship wrapped up. I'm not even a super huge fan of RV but after watching the past few years of racing with some of the best guys in the world...I wouldn't waste my money betting against the guy. Even with a very jacked up knee RV went out and beat the fastest guys in the world ...at Supercross even. C'mon no way anyone can compete with that.
I care
GATOR
11/19/2014 11:52am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2014 11:52am
tprice07 wrote:
Does anyone care what CP says? There is a reason why Kawi chose Wil Hahn over him. As for RV vs AC. There will be races...
KlootZak wrote:
I care
Yeah, Pourcel is such in expert in career management, it's really interesting to have his opinion.
Tongue
machine
11/19/2014 12:17pm
I think in Pourcels mind, he figures if he has beaten Rv in the past (when they were both on pro circuit 250s) and he couldn't beat AC, then he figures RV won't either.
peelout
11/19/2014 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 11/19/2014 12:22pm
i love the "they know the tracks and RV doesn't" arguments... RV don't give a fuck about having to learn the tracks, that's what makes him so good. i mean, they have 2 days to learn the track over there, that's too much time for a guy of his caliber.

anyway, just thought i'd throw that out there. i think it's going to be fun to watch RV win on his first try
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
11/19/2014 12:53pm
peelout wrote:
i love the "they know the tracks and RV doesn't" arguments... RV don't give a fuck about having to learn the tracks, that's what makes him...
i love the "they know the tracks and RV doesn't" arguments... RV don't give a fuck about having to learn the tracks, that's what makes him so good. i mean, they have 2 days to learn the track over there, that's too much time for a guy of his caliber.

anyway, just thought i'd throw that out there. i think it's going to be fun to watch RV win on his first try
This.
He never struggled to adapt to the tracks at mxon.
Plus there are like 8 tracks that are new to all riders.

I'd say its 50/50 if both of them ride like they did their last season.
Its a weird Situation, i always thought both of them are unbeatable over a season. Maybe they end up tied for 1st (or someone like jvh paulin desalle steals it)
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
11/19/2014 12:57pm
peelout wrote:
i love the "they know the tracks and RV doesn't" arguments... RV don't give a fuck about having to learn the tracks, that's what makes him...

RV doesnt need to learn no stinkin tracks. He'll just make it up as he goes and Luongo/Monster will follow him around and lay out the track markers.

Stamp it bros.
KlootZak
11/20/2014 8:09am
peelout wrote:

That's true but in some cases like Lommel, I really think he has a disadvantage. I don't know if Lierop is back on the calendar because that would be another disadvantage as well.

I'm pretty sure RV is a top sand rider and after some training this winter in Lommel, he will be one of the best. But Cairoli has ridden there for more than 1000 hours and Lommel is really a devious track, meaning that the track is much much rougher during races than any training. Therefore it is almost impossible to train for race-conditions at Lommel.

And to master Cairoli's Sand Skills it takes more than a weekend.
peelout
11/20/2014 8:29am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2014 8:30am
peelout wrote:

KlootZak wrote:
That's true but in some cases like Lommel, I really think he has a disadvantage. I don't know if Lierop is back on the calendar because...
That's true but in some cases like Lommel, I really think he has a disadvantage. I don't know if Lierop is back on the calendar because that would be another disadvantage as well.

I'm pretty sure RV is a top sand rider and after some training this winter in Lommel, he will be one of the best. But Cairoli has ridden there for more than 1000 hours and Lommel is really a devious track, meaning that the track is much much rougher during races than any training. Therefore it is almost impossible to train for race-conditions at Lommel.

And to master Cairoli's Sand Skills it takes more than a weekend.
i will not claim that RV can beat AC in the sand. AC and JH are both masters in the sand.

i will say that Dungey and Barcia at Lommel should not be the benchmark for RV though, only guy that ever twisted a throttle harder is now a chubby team owner
jeffro503
11/20/2014 9:11am
What's going to be cool here is.....it's going to be like a mini MXoN's race every weekend. We finally have another American to root for in the big bike class. Gets me pumped to watch those races even more now.
hvaughn88
11/20/2014 9:14am
jeffro503 wrote:
What's going to be cool here is.....it's going to be like a mini MXoN's race every weekend. We finally have another American to root for in...
What's going to be cool here is.....it's going to be like a mini MXoN's race every weekend. We finally have another American to root for in the big bike class. Gets me pumped to watch those races even more now.
Completely agree. The good part: it's gonna be like a mini MXON every weekend. The bad part: it's gonna be like a mini MXON every weekendTongue
Juss
11/20/2014 9:28am
AC is in for an ass whooping! He better dust off that 450! He will have to race "real" competition now. RV wont roll over once passed, like the rest of the field. I think KTM should of moved JH up instead of letting him sandbag the MX2 class. I know this is not what the Euros want to hear, but they know its true.
Juss
11/20/2014 9:34am
Juss wrote:
AC has never had to race a guy like RV. AC has now clue whats in store for him. They are both crazy fast, but RV...
AC has never had to race a guy like RV. AC has now clue whats in store for him. They are both crazy fast, but RV is the type of person who will just keep coming at you. He wont lay down like the rest of the field does, once AC passes him! Its going to be good, but you can bet you ass RV will be in his head. He really dosent know what to expect. RV has nothing too loose here. Sooner or later, its time to get knocked off the top! Just ask Valentino Rossi.
KlootZak wrote:
[i]"AC has never had to race a guy like RV. AC has no clue what is in store for him." [/i] :blink: :S :unsure: And Valentino...
"AC has never had to race a guy like RV. AC has no clue what is in store for him."

BlinkDizzyUnsure

And Valentino has been at the top for 18 years (!!!), has gone through many different competitors, bikes, techniques and regulation and he is currently still consistent top 3 and occasionally wins. Any negative talk about Valentino Rossi indicates your credibility.
How long has AC been at the top? He has ruled that class for so long, he thinks he cant be beat! That's my opinion anyways! RV will be out for blood. New series, gives him something too shoot for. You can see he is burned out racing SX! AC on the other hand has ruled the MX1 for so long! All I am saying is, he better be ready, case we all know RV will!
jamma10
11/20/2014 9:43am
You better send Cairoli an email, he may not of thought about any of that stuff.
JeepnMike
11/20/2014 12:01pm
IWreckALot wrote:
I like reading these threads and looking at where everyone is from.
I do the exact same thing.. You read a comment and you think to yourself "This guy must be from XXX-XXXX" and low and behold, my guesses are usually right Grinning
moto282
11/20/2014 12:01pm
steed 2.0 wrote:
This topic needs a video, this time in French for some variation ;) [embed] https://youtu.be/jsmxzCaoov8 [/embed]

This. Just look at Anaheim 1 the last two years. One race totally shows RV's championship capabilities, right?

RV made that exact point in one of his interviews btw.
steed 2.0
11/20/2014 12:10pm
steed 2.0 wrote:

moto282 wrote:
This. Just look at Anaheim 1 the last two years. One race totally shows RV's championship capabilities, right? RV made that exact point in one of...
This. Just look at Anaheim 1 the last two years. One race totally shows RV's championship capabilities, right?

RV made that exact point in one of his interviews btw.
your comment says it all, Sick Bro
11/20/2014 12:25pm
BobbyM wrote:
Lack of confidence is why AC won't come to the states and race. I'd say RV has the edge in confidence from that simple comparison.

Post a reply to: Pourcel doesn't think RV's will be MXGP Champ

The Latest