Pourcel - Rockstar Husky

JeepnMike
Edited Date/Time 5/13/2015 7:49am
I know, another Pourcel thread. I know there was a recent thread with shots of him trying out the Husky, but nothing confirmed. I saw an Instagram post yesterday I think, with what looked like Pourcel very much signed and ready to go for the outdoor season. I am sorry if there was another thread about this, (I did search), but does anybody know if he is in fact signed to team Rockstar Husky?

Why two years in a row he has been passed on the SX series and only racing outdoors baffles me, he was a pretty dang good SX rider too.
|
JeepnMike
5/12/2015 7:24am
That answers that, thank you for the response! I am excited to see how he does - hopefully his fitness is good. I also hope the Husky up to snuff.
FB
5/12/2015 7:37am
Here's an interview from french magazine moto verte ( translated with google )

It's official, Christophe Pourcel will start the season of US 450 Outdoor riding an official Husqvarna Team Rockstar. What to expect from this return? CP engages on the issue ...

Can you reconsider the conditions under which you signed with Husqvarna?
"There were several bikes available for the outdoors. There was already at 250 and 450. Kawasaki Honda Geico also looked for good pilots, and then there was the Rockstar team Husqvarna. I was in contact with Austria and they were motivated to get me 450. I think it's better for me to drive in this category. In 250, it must be really aggressive and it's not my style. I really wanted to ride for a factory but with people who believe in me. Roll for a satellite team when the bike is not good and where you are never sure of your touch as I have already known. I did not make that mistake again. There, I know both technically and financially I'll have what you promised me. "

You have not reached an agreement with Kawasaki. Yet you was expressing the desire to go home ...
"That's true. But I was surprised that they take for me Will Hahn for the SX. So I have however not surprised that they did not contact me when he was injured. Kawasaki has shown interest for the outdoors but I preferred Husqvarna. I like the bike and I had a good feeling with the people in the team. I also liked that they offer me something for the long term . I was quite disappointed in my career. "

In addition, it leaves you the possibility to roll 350, an engine that you like ...
"This is what I had originally requested, but it is not possible this year. Maybe next year. In fact, in the US, there is a rule that requires having sold 400 units in order to align a motorcycle race. This is not currently the case with the 350 Husky. However, I asked them to get me a motorcycle less powerful than the 450 and that's possible. It ' was one of the key issues. This is also when Kawasaki was less powerful than I was most comfortable with. I wanted to be sure before signing we could change things at that level at Husky . They told me that it was easier to remove horses than adding. "

What kind of contract you signed?
"Of the amount, it was agreed directly. They are interested to work with me over the next two seasons. But they first want to see how it will happen. I have a reputation for being difficult to work, so they preferred to sign just for the outdoors. And for my part, it is also a solution that allows me before I commit myself for the long term to see how it goes. But there is room for me at them for the next two years. And then there is also the possibility to ride in Europe. "

There is also the option SX?
"It depends. It could be the SX or GP. I have quite made ​​mistakes during my last GP seasons. There, if I go back, I know it must be based in Belgium, not away from the team. You have to do things well and not stay in the South where there are no tracks. "

It could also be at Husky Enduro option?
"We have not talked about it. I think he prefers to keep me for the cross".

You feel how rattaquer before? What have you done since your last race in 250?
"Physically I'm fine. I did a lot of running. It's been five years since I could not make it because of my accident, I went back and it's going well. I ran 4 / 5 times a week lately. After, there will be a period of adaptation to the new bike. It's hard to know how is going to happen the first race. "

You stay still atypical. You did not actually driven for a year, you'll find yourself on the grid with the best drivers in 450 US and it does not worry ...
"It's not my fault if I have not rolled SX. I continued to do my physical quietly making me happy. But it's hard to roll a lot when you're a high-level driver and you do not have the conditions that go with it. It's not easy to run three times a week without technical assistance. But I still have my home track to ride occasionally with my friends. I got pretty darn fun . It feels good to ride for me and not for work. "

You've heard about what objectives?
"Our goal is the top 5, but if I can do better ..."

You're going to change behavior in the coming years to make it easier for you at the relational level?
"People think that I am departing complicated. But that's not necessarily true. At PC, I think I was one of the easiest to work with. But at Husky, they are amazed because they are super happy with the way which it happens. But now someone will take care of me for a bit more control my image. But the team has nothing to reproach me so why change my behavior? "

And this Husky, how is she?
"I immediately had good sensations. The chassis is top notch. The engine was a bit too strong at the start. It has changed and now the bike is really flexible. For suspensions, it communicates a lot with Europe" .

Rolling again he incites you to consider participating in the Motocross of Nations in Ernee in September?
"Yes, I am open to any proposal. I actually called Pascal Finot to express my interest in the race."
jamma10
5/12/2015 7:45am
His interview sounds promising at least... Smile

The Shop

JeepnMike
5/12/2015 7:52am
jamma10 wrote:
His interview sounds promising at least... Smile
I agree. I am glad he was able to pick the bike from the sounds of things. At least this way you know he is on a bike he likes vs. riding something he can deal with just to have a ride.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
5/12/2015 7:59am
It is so awesome that he's going to be out there, I hope he has a great season. 4 more days, feels like eternity. DizzySmile
RY4N37
5/12/2015 8:02am
That is an extremely positive interview. I'm especially excited at the possibility of us maybe seeing him in GP's and at the MXdN again in the future. Also good to hear that he is able to train a bit more now.

I can't wait to see how he does this season, without doubt one of my favourite riders ever
tek14
5/12/2015 8:09am
He sounds happy and knows what to do. Hope he stays healthy all season. Love watching him ride.
johnnybgood
5/12/2015 8:20am
I hope he does well. I get tired of industry guys, such as Matthes, with constant negativity toward him. He's an outsider but he's proven time and time again that he is possibly the most talented rider out there.

Does anyone know anything about how his training is going? Any motos?
5/12/2015 8:33am
...this is great news....
who is this jonnie mathis guy any way.....
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
5/12/2015 8:44am
Feel really happy for him and the team. He definitely sounds positive and motivated by the bike and the team, and that's a big deal. I also agree that his style works better on the 450 and he may have an easier time on that bike than the 250.

HOWEVER (and I know many of you will come down on me for being "negative"), top 5 or better??? I don't see it. At least not initially. He says he hasn't trained on the bike in almost a year and yes, he is talented, but the rest of the field isn't exactly made up of no-talent B riders who just happen to be in better shape. The field is very deep in the 450s. He could definitely get top 5 in a few motos, but top 5 in points seems unrealistic, especially considering he got 6th in the 250 class last year with way more time to train and adapt.

5/12/2015 8:52am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Feel really happy for him and the team. He definitely sounds positive and motivated by the bike and the team, and that's a big deal. I...
Feel really happy for him and the team. He definitely sounds positive and motivated by the bike and the team, and that's a big deal. I also agree that his style works better on the 450 and he may have an easier time on that bike than the 250.

HOWEVER (and I know many of you will come down on me for being "negative"), top 5 or better??? I don't see it. At least not initially. He says he hasn't trained on the bike in almost a year and yes, he is talented, but the rest of the field isn't exactly made up of no-talent B riders who just happen to be in better shape. The field is very deep in the 450s. He could definitely get top 5 in a few motos, but top 5 in points seems unrealistic, especially considering he got 6th in the 250 class last year with way more time to train and adapt.

....not to mention that racing 17 rounds right before has worn out a few and injured a few.....
RY4N37
5/12/2015 8:57am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Feel really happy for him and the team. He definitely sounds positive and motivated by the bike and the team, and that's a big deal. I...

If his fitness is the same as last year then I possibly agree with you. But if he can improve his fitness then he can definitely get in the top 5. He proved last year he has the speed with the numerous Oakley bomb awards he won. If anything he may find the 450 slightly less hard work than the 250, I know I did
Sully22
5/12/2015 8:59am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2015 8:59am
I'm super pumped for CP! Love the honesty in the interview, he basically said there's the perception he's difficult to work with and wants to prove his detractors and those that spread the difficult to work with meme about him wrong, and get that extended two year deal with husky. Best of luck to you CP!!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
5/12/2015 9:06am
I hope he does well and can gel with the team to rid himself of the stigma that he is hard to work with.
PalerBlue
5/12/2015 9:20am
TriRacer27 wrote:

Of course there are a lot of very good riders in the 450s but then so is he. Can he achieve a top five championship finish? Absolutely! Will he? Who knows? That's one of the beauties of racing!
D_L118
5/12/2015 9:56am
strange,topic is already 2 hours old and still no sign of Gator Smile

It's just an interview,but , to me, he looks very motivated.I hope he can keep his interest as the season goes on.
Because i'll think he'll need some time in the beginning.

5/12/2015 10:12am
Anybody that thinks CP won't be consistently quick is fooling only one person.

Looking forward to this season even more now, I hope they gel together as to see him race SX in 2-16 would be sweeeet.
tomm55x
5/12/2015 10:18am
I'm glad the crafty Frenchmen is back, the more entries in either of the classes the better!
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
5/12/2015 10:28am
Good question OP, you can never go wrong asking. Glad for pourcel. Funny how he wanted less power. I'm sure the factory mechanics can make those things into literal fire breathers!
brett12486
5/12/2015 10:49am
Wonder how he will finish compared to his teammate anderson.
IWreckALot
5/12/2015 11:59am
brett12486 wrote:
...what about Davalos...
Is Davalos on the 250 or 450? That kid doesn't need more HP. He needs more brain cells.
5/12/2015 12:01pm
brett12486 wrote:
...what about Davalos...
IWreckALot wrote:
Is Davalos on the 250 or 450? That kid doesn't need more HP. He needs more brain cells.
...supposed to be 450.....
DownSouth
5/12/2015 12:03pm
brett12486 wrote:
...what about Davalos...
IWreckALot wrote:
The talk is that Davalos was supposed to be on the 450 outdoors but the Epstein Bar virus will keep him out for a while. That is why they hired Pourcel.
JeepnMike
5/12/2015 12:05pm
brett12486 wrote:
...what about Davalos...
Might just be me, but Davalos and Osborne haven't done too hot on the Husky. I know some of it is beyond their control, but they both have had a disappointing SX season on the new bike (Anderson too, but he has been taking lessons from his teammate Bell). I didn't expect Husky to come out and set the world on fire, but I hoped for more on all fronts, especially considering they are supposively re-badged KTMs. Even in the shoot-outs they are getting low marks.

Of course Nagl is doing amazing on one.. How different is his bike vs. the Team Rockstar Husky?
GD2
Fantasy
815th
5/12/2015 12:17pm
By the way for anyone wondering why he's been running the #377 in all of the photos of him testing. He petitioned the AMA to run it instead of the #30 according to Matthes. I assume they agreed since he had #377 as a career number at one point.
JM485
5/12/2015 12:34pm
GD2 wrote:
By the way for anyone wondering why he's been running the #377 in all of the photos of him testing. He petitioned the AMA to run...
By the way for anyone wondering why he's been running the #377 in all of the photos of him testing. He petitioned the AMA to run it instead of the #30 according to Matthes. I assume they agreed since he had #377 as a career number at one point.
I'd much rather run my 3 digit than a two digit just because I'm superstitious about it, so I see where he's coming from. If you want to run a number higher than the number you earned the previous year, I don't see why that would be a problem. I actually really like the GP numbering system, seems as though you can run whatever you feel like and the background colors can flow well with the bikes, not to mention some guys use the numbers for identification and marketing like 722 and 22.
just James
5/12/2015 12:37pm
Funny how he has requested less power. He must really be slow. After all, every local C class rider has to immediately put an aftermarket loud pipe on their new 450 to get adequate power out of it.

Sarcasm, for those of you in doubt.
5/12/2015 12:38pm
just James wrote:
Funny how he has requested less power. He must really be slow. After all, every local C class rider has to immediately put an aftermarket loud...
Funny how he has requested less power. He must really be slow. After all, every local C class rider has to immediately put an aftermarket loud pipe on their new 450 to get adequate power out of it.

Sarcasm, for those of you in doubt.
...and don't forget adding a tooth to the rear sprocket....

Post a reply to: Pourcel - Rockstar Husky

The Latest