Post Race Bike Inspections @ Dallas

Is Jeff Cernic implying something here, or just honestly giving the AMA an atta'boy for performing due diligence?

|
Dtat720
2/12/2017 7:25am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2017 7:25am
Atta boy to the AMA and a warm glass of shut the "f**k up to all the guys who say the factory teams are running big bores
BobPA
2/12/2017 7:28am
Dtat720 wrote:
Atta boy to the AMA and a warm glass of shut the "f**k up to all the guys who say the factory teams are running big...
Atta boy to the AMA and a warm glass of shut the "f**k up to all the guys who say the factory teams are running big bores
Paging hillbilly
86honda
2/12/2017 7:30am
They tore down the wrong bike (McElrath)

The Shop

sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
2/12/2017 7:37am
Why would they tear down the last place bike?
mx216
2/12/2017 7:39am
86honda wrote:
They tore down the wrong bike (McElrath)
Why, there's nothing there but a 250cc race engine? And they have been torn down multiple times.
2/12/2017 8:24am
Hopefully they also know what they're looking for?

It is good to see them keeping their eyes open either way.
Kenny Lingus
2/12/2017 8:42am
Was this from a protest or just random testing? What would be illegal other than larger displacement?

I know in a lot of forms of motorsports if a protest is made it has to be about a specific thing. I know lots of car racers and they will do all sorts of shit knowing that if protested, the chance of finding that exact thing is almost impossible. One guy told me that he ports his heads, which is illegal in his class, then goes back and acid etches the ports to make them look stock.
hillbilly
2/12/2017 8:43am
Dtat720 wrote:
Atta boy to the AMA and a warm glass of shut the "f**k up to all the guys who say the factory teams are running big...
BobPA wrote:
Paging hillbilly
Weird how it happens RIGHT after I post they are poked and stroked.
Dtat720
2/12/2017 8:46am
Was this from a protest or just random testing? What would be illegal other than larger displacement? I know in a lot of forms of motorsports...
Was this from a protest or just random testing? What would be illegal other than larger displacement?

I know in a lot of forms of motorsports if a protest is made it has to be about a specific thing. I know lots of car racers and they will do all sorts of shit knowing that if protested, the chance of finding that exact thing is almost impossible. One guy told me that he ports his heads, which is illegal in his class, then goes back and acid etches the ports to make them look stock.
I would assume its a random and not a protest. Several things can be looked at, piston diameter, rod length, bore size, etc.
Kenny Lingus
2/12/2017 9:25am
Dtat720 wrote:
I would assume its a random and not a protest. Several things can be looked at, piston diameter, rod length, bore size, etc.
All those could be related to displacement. They have to run same bore and stroke so maybe they are playing around with bore and stroke but still keeping original displacement. Which would be illegal. I'm sure if something was found to be illegal we would have heard by now.
Dtat720
2/12/2017 9:32am
Dtat720 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Paging hillbilly
hillbilly wrote:
Weird how it happens RIGHT after I post they are poked and stroked.
Has to be coincidence. Everyone knows nobody in the know comes on here. Hahaha
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
2/12/2017 9:40am
It's awesome keeping them honest.

Remember when the AMA tested fuel and RC got busted. Then he threatened to leave Motocross. Everyone said the AMA don't know shit and has no business testing anything. RC got his 25 points back and went on to win the SX championship over Stewart by 23 points. Everyone was happy. Well, maybe not Bubba.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
2/12/2017 3:44pm
FGR01 wrote:
It's awesome keeping them honest. Remember when the AMA tested fuel and RC got busted. Then he threatened to leave Motocross. Everyone said the AMA don't...

Remember when the AMA tested fuel and RC got busted. Then he threatened to leave Motocross. Everyone said the AMA don't know shit and has no business testing anything. RC got his 25 points back and went on to win the SX championship over Stewart by 23 points. Everyone was happy. Well, maybe not Bubba.
do a little fact checking. 2006 is when the event happened. the title went into Las vegas, Reed Stewart and RC finished only 5 point apart with RC winning.

the title was so close that the 25 point loss would have ended his title hopes, and he threated to stop running the series and show up at hangtown, suddenly they realized the effect on the title chase and they renig'd on it
gsxr6
2/12/2017 3:52pm
Sounds terrible, but many bikes had mysterious issues and faded last night. Somebody get word?....
Lightning78
2/12/2017 3:53pm
One HAS TO wonder if they even know what theyre looking at/for because that pic doesnt do them any justice on regards to catching stuff ...lol
2/12/2017 3:57pm
One HAS TO wonder if they even know what theyre looking at/for because that pic doesnt do them any justice on regards to catching stuff ...lol
Not to difficult to check bore size and stroke....dont know what else is restricted under the rules
BobPA
2/12/2017 4:15pm
Was this from a protest or just random testing? What would be illegal other than larger displacement? I know in a lot of forms of motorsports...

Dtat720 wrote:
Why would they be checking rod length?
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
2/12/2017 4:16pm
FGR01 wrote:
It's awesome keeping them honest. Remember when the AMA tested fuel and RC got busted. Then he threatened to leave Motocross. Everyone said the AMA don't...

do a little fact checking. 2006 is when the event happened. the title went into Las vegas, Reed Stewart and RC finished only 5 point apart...
do a little fact checking. 2006 is when the event happened. the title went into Las vegas, Reed Stewart and RC finished only 5 point apart with RC winning.

the title was so close that the 25 point loss would have ended his title hopes, and he threated to stop running the series and show up at hangtown, suddenly they realized the effect on the title chase and they renig'd on it
From MXA

"at the 2006 San Diego Supercross, Ricky Carmichael’s fuel failed the lead test. Was he disqualified as Jeff Emig had been? No. Was he penalized 25 points as Byrne, Stewart, Vuillemin, Reed and Hadsell had been? No. Instead, Carmichael was fined $20,000, which Suzuki paid, and Ricky got to keep his finishing position, purse money and AMA points. Oh, yeah, and the 25 points Ricky got to keep earned him the 2006 Supercross Championship, which he would have lost to James Stewart by 23 points."

Good looking out. But you get the point. People bitched about the AMA being a bunch of incompetent goons who had no business testing anything.
2/12/2017 4:30pm
BobPA wrote:
Mr rotary coming thru with the engine knowledge.

I winder how many factories run longer rods for durability for higher revs
mx295
2/12/2017 6:42pm
Ryan Surratts bike got tore down to and he finished 12th?
2/12/2017 8:47pm
mx295 wrote:
Ryan Surratts bike got tore down to and he finished 12th?
I think if they're just doing random "spot checks", the privateers have a larger bullseye on them than the factory teams. who have enough resources that they don't have to push the rules for an edge

Give a listen to the Brian Deegan interview on Kenny Watson's "Inside the Rut" podcast. Really good listen with lots of hilarious, great stories. But Deegan openly admits that as a privateer, he stood ZERO chance against factory built bikes in Outdoors; so he ended up having some backwoods mechanic build him an uber big bore 125 that he raced in nationals. Said he was battling so hard with RC that Ricky even complimented him afterwards "Man, that bike of yours hauls ass man!!" Laughing
hillbilly
2/12/2017 8:56pm
BobPA wrote:
Mr rotary coming thru with the engine knowledge.

I winder how many factories run longer rods for durability for higher revs
You cant just stick a longer rod in the engine .
hillbilly
2/12/2017 9:25pm
BTW,

What is the rule? Does the engine have to retain stock bore and stroke or does it just need to be 250cc ?

Post a reply to: Post Race Bike Inspections @ Dallas

The Latest