Another Ken Roczen Update: Latest Elbow Surgery

Vet145
4/22/2017 4:29pm
Spoken from a guy that is around this kind of thing daily. Agreed, such a shame. Hoping for the best possible outcome for a great ambassador of the sport!!
mxjeff575
4/23/2017 8:17am
I didn't read back far enough in this thread to see if anyone posted this, but in his interview in RacerX magazine, Roczen states that the doctors say most people with this injury never use utensils with that arm/hand again. Very sobering.
5/17/2017 9:28am
Really pleased to see that!, keep going Ken!.

The Shop

aeffertz
7/5/2017 10:03am
Looks like he's finally able to start building strength in the arm again!

PRM31
7/5/2017 10:20am
Saw an interview with him, sounds like range of motion will take awhile to regain. You can see here he doesn't extend his left arm, but does his right. Hey, it's progress! He'll make it back!
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
7/5/2017 11:00am
He's in everyone's head now. Even J-Law
drt410
7/5/2017 11:22am
Looks very promising. A positive attitude, an in shape body, and good nutrition, are all huge assets toward overcoming an injury like this. Bonus: Being able to stay in Colorado with the best doctors in the world for this type of injury. I think hell be back and theres a 100% chance he will be the most motivated guy on the track when he lines up.
kiwifan
7/5/2017 1:09pm
To do that he is doing in his latest Instagram post shows he is well on the way....great to see, he is going to prove so many people wrong it aint funny.
twotwosix
7/5/2017 1:11pm
PRM31 wrote:
Saw an interview with him, sounds like range of motion will take awhile to regain. You can see here he doesn't extend his left arm, but...
Saw an interview with him, sounds like range of motion will take awhile to regain. You can see here he doesn't extend his left arm, but does his right. Hey, it's progress! He'll make it back!
I sure hope you are right man. I feel bad for Kenny every time I see something on him. Like pit of the stomach bad. Such an unexpectedly rough injury...
aeffertz
7/5/2017 3:37pm
PRM31 wrote:
Saw an interview with him, sounds like range of motion will take awhile to regain. You can see here he doesn't extend his left arm, but...
Yeah, going to need a lot of physical therapy to bust up that scar tissue but he'll manage.

I broke my femur when I was 15 and unfortunately my surgeons didn't put mr back together the best. I had an external fixation for 5 months while waiting for the bone to grow back together, so I couldn't actually walk or put weight on my leg for 6 months. It got real small and I had about 10 degrees of motion once I could start walking again. A month of daily PT and I had 80% of motion back and racing, while a bit painful at times, really worked it back to normal.

He's got it. I just hope he doesn't have any nerve damage.
kijen
7/5/2017 6:13pm
Coolthat he is working it, all positve. Off topic, whose is the sailor?
Sully
7/5/2017 6:40pm
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know the deal with the Navy uniform hanging on Kenny's wall in that video?
RbR
7/5/2017 7:19pm
Go Kenny Go!
mark911
7/5/2017 9:53pm
I had the same procedure done to my right elbow at age 43. I was back on my bike racing about a year later. Yeah, I still can't fully straighen my arm, turn my hand palm up and throw like a girl but it doesn't bother my riding. I think Ken will be ok physically and hope he can mentally block all this out.
kiwifan
7/6/2017 1:07am
PRM31 wrote:
huh...I watched this again and again yet both arms seem exactly the same using that machine....
RG1
7/6/2017 3:49am
PRM31 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
huh...I watched this again and again yet both arms seem exactly the same using that machine....
I was going to say the same. Doesn't appear to be much if any difference
JSmith
7/6/2017 5:22am
PRM31 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Stop the video when his arms are back. You will see that the left one never straightens out or even comes close to straight like the right one.
RG1
7/6/2017 6:09am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2017 6:22am
PRM31 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
JSmith wrote:
Stop the video when his arms are back. You will see that the left one never straightens out or even comes close to straight like the...
Stop the video when his arms are back. You will see that the left one never straightens out or even comes close to straight like the right one.
Yeah I kinda see it now. Still doesn't dent my confidence that he will come back at all though. Even if he can't fully straighten it right now, the improvement he has made in the last month or so is big, so as long as he keeps on the same path he should be good.
newmann
7/6/2017 6:15am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2017 6:16am
Two thumbs up for KRoc. Can't wait to see him back on the bike. Next stop, A1, THE PERFECT STORM!!!Wink
JSmith
7/6/2017 6:18am
kiwifan wrote:
JSmith wrote:
Stop the video when his arms are back. You will see that the left one never straightens out or even comes close to straight like the...
RG1 wrote:
Yeah I kinda see it now. Still doesn't dent my confidence that he will come back at all though. Even if he can't fully straighten it...
Yeah I kinda see it now. Still doesn't dent my confidence that he will come back at all though. Even if he can't fully straighten it right now, the improvement he has made in the last month or so is big, so as long as he keeps on the same path he should be good.
The progress has been impressive for sure. If he comes back and makes passes to get out front in a SX race, the volume level from the fans cheering is going to set a record.
kiwifan
7/6/2017 1:28pm
PRM31 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
JSmith wrote:
oh ok I see a very slight difference, it sure isnt much though !!! At this stage of his rehab its still damn impressive!!!
motokawi818
7/6/2017 3:10pm
Feld is definitely going to play a surgery/crash montage on the line before kennys first race like villopotos leg fiasco.
Tzevtkoff
7/6/2017 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2017 3:35pm
Ride again ? yes.

Ride on top level again ? never.

Yellowstone will explode before he becomes on top again.

Hope is vital mainly for the sponsors.
kiwifan
7/6/2017 3:39pm
Tzevtkoff wrote:
Ride again ? yes. Ride on top level again ? never. Yellowstone will explode before he becomes on top again. Hope is vital mainly for the...
Ride again ? yes.

"Ride on top level again ? never.

Yellowstone will explode before he becomes on top again."

I respect your opinion but to say he will never race at a top level before even seeing how he goes on a bike when he can resume training on it is a bit extreme to say the least.
Tzevtkoff
7/6/2017 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2017 3:49pm
Tzevtkoff wrote:
Ride again ? yes. Ride on top level again ? never. Yellowstone will explode before he becomes on top again. Hope is vital mainly for the...
Ride again ? yes.

kiwifan wrote:
"Ride on top level again ? never. Yellowstone will explode before he becomes on top again." I respect your opinion but to say he will never...

I respect your opinion but to say he will never race at a top level before even seeing how he goes on a bike when he can resume training on it is a bit extreme to say the least.
Look his left arm correctly.

Dude, this is supercross not classic dance.

He is obliged to be possitive in public but when he is alone, he cries.
machine
7/6/2017 3:50pm
Tzevtkoff wrote:
Ride again ? yes.

kiwifan wrote:
"Ride on top level again ? never. Yellowstone will explode before he becomes on top again." I respect your opinion but to say he will never...

Tzevtkoff wrote:
Look his left arm correctly. Dude, this is supercross not classic dance. He is obliged to be possitive in public but when he is alone, he...
Look his left arm correctly.

Dude, this is supercross not classic dance.

He is obliged to be possitive in public but when he is alone, he cries.
I think to make a prediction either way, is setting yourself up for a main course of Crow next year. Whistling
mxjeff575
7/6/2017 3:57pm
I can't find the link, but there was an interview with him at Red Bud and he showed his arm extension. Still needs another 20-30 degrees to fully straighten. Hopefully with therapy he will get there! This injury is way different than your normal 6-8 week stuff, but hopefully with his drive and with time, he will get there (or get close enough).

Post a reply to: Another Ken Roczen Update: Latest Elbow Surgery

The Latest