Planning our first Colorado National trip.

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
Edited Date/Time 6/2/2017 8:32pm
Going to be a great year with a GP at Gatorback where i have a lot of history and we also decided to check out the Colorado national motocross this year as well. We are going to rent a house in Denver and go to the race, the Denver zoo and Aquarium. We are there for 6 days and wondered what other good times we should check out? Is there a better part of town to stay or avoid? Realy looking forward to it.
|
BoostPastU
4/14/2017 11:03am
FLmxer wrote:
Going to be a great year with a GP at Gatorback where i have a lot of history and we also decided to check out the...
Going to be a great year with a GP at Gatorback where i have a lot of history and we also decided to check out the Colorado national motocross this year as well. We are going to rent a house in Denver and go to the race, the Denver zoo and Aquarium. We are there for 6 days and wondered what other good times we should check out? Is there a better part of town to stay or avoid? Realy looking forward to it.
If you're looking for city vibe then air bnb downtown. LoDo area is nice if you like good food and beer. Otherwise if your looking for some scenery and great hikes go North to Boulder or West out to Golden. Track will be about 30-45 minutes either way.
rpawley
4/14/2017 11:10am
FLmxer wrote:
Going to be a great year with a GP at Gatorback where i have a lot of history and we also decided to check out the...
Theres a great Hike you could do on Press day and the trail ends up right by the track. http://www.dinoridge.org/dinotrail.html

Lots of great breweries and tap houses around town and in Boulder if you head up there.
rpawley
4/14/2017 11:13am
forgot to mention on the hike you will be walking along the top of the mountain that is above Thunder Valley and if you look to your east you will be able to see Red Rocks Amphitheater, I would check that out after the hike. Check the calender though as most days will have concerts. I'm skipping the national and watching on TV so I can survive the concert at Red Rocks that night. Drink lots of water and or coconut water before you get here if coming from low elevation, you never know who will get elevation sickness, I've seen it happen to the most random of people at 5000-9000 feet.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
4/14/2017 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2017 12:50pm
Thank you. That hike sounds cool and right up our alley. I just put it on the list. Thinking Boulder now, looks more our pace.

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
4/16/2017 8:41am
It was tough to book a private house there without having someone living in the basement or garage. Lol I just booked a gorgeous private house between Boulder and Lakewood up against some mountains with popular trails right out the back door for 5 nights. Google maps says 13 minutes to the track. Flights are booked. How is parking in Denver and Boulder? Are cabs better than driving the rental car downtown?
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
4/16/2017 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2017 12:26pm
Vrbo. Check this place out i booked for the week for the wife and I. Half the price of our regular room at Disney. Lol Going to be epic.

4/16/2017 1:41pm
There's stuff to do everywhere you look, just depends what you're into... Not sure how used to altitude you are but drink tons of water and use lots of sunscreen
JVT357
Fantasy
3153rd
4/16/2017 2:33pm
I'd skip the aquarium if I were you. I LOVE aquariums and have been to a bunch of them all over the country. Denver Aquarium was a pretty big letdown for me. Wasn't impressed at all. Don't bother with taxis, use UBER. Way cheaper than taxi service. Also, numerous amzing hikes in and around where you will be. Since you have a car I would also recommend going to lookout point up by Genesee. Great overlook of the denver area. Its up by the town of Genesee which also has good hiking trails around.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
4/16/2017 4:27pm
JVT357 wrote:
I'd skip the aquarium if I were you. I LOVE aquariums and have been to a bunch of them all over the country. Denver Aquarium was...
I'd skip the aquarium if I were you. I LOVE aquariums and have been to a bunch of them all over the country. Denver Aquarium was a pretty big letdown for me. Wasn't impressed at all. Don't bother with taxis, use UBER. Way cheaper than taxi service. Also, numerous amzing hikes in and around where you will be. Since you have a car I would also recommend going to lookout point up by Genesee. Great overlook of the denver area. Its up by the town of Genesee which also has good hiking trails around.
Thank you. Very helpful. I appreciate it. Lookout point sounds good.
motomike137
4/16/2017 4:44pm
Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods to the south. Rocky Mountain National Park isn't that far either and it is epic especially driving into Estes Park on the way in from the east. Also just for fun take 70 west to Idaho Springs and then take Oh My God road up to Central City, the road is appropriately named.
4/16/2017 5:12pm
Also, wear good shoes, TV is on the side of a hill and will wreck your feet if you don't wear appropriate shoes
vetmxr
4/16/2017 6:41pm
If you're into it......I love to drive into the mountains, find Keystone ski area, around the Dillon/ Breckenridge area....rent a downhill bike there and some gear and ride the gondola up and mountain bike down the trail.......There are lots of trails for every skill level.......its a hoot for sure and your biking downhill......win,,win for me.... lots of fun for not too much moolah.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
5/28/2017 6:23am
A few more questions. Can i buy tickets at the gate and can i bring in folding chairs or a cooler?
Presley155
5/28/2017 6:45am
@FLmxer yes, you can buy tickets at the gate and you can bring in chairs and a cooler. I'd also recommend you bring an umbrella. The sun out here is intense and you'll appreciate some shade. It's also not uncommon for a freak little rain shower to pop up for 5 or 10 minutes in the afternoon this time of year.
90smoto
5/28/2017 7:54am
That's a killer pad and one awesome week for the wife and you FLmxer. Not to be too non-moto here but in relation I recently booked a beach side house in the Outer Banks for the wife and myself, it was a really great deal as well. Same price for a week here as we would normally pay for one overnight at our favorite spa resort. Gotta do some looking but there are some great deals on rentals out there for a getaway. It's an even bigger bonus when you can mix in some moto. Enjoy man

disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
5/28/2017 8:02am
Generally, sativa affects are known to be uplifting, energizing and stimulating.

While an indica is known to produce more sedative and relaxed affects...
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
5/28/2017 8:14am
Oh, and...
Denver Biscuit Company, Denver Zoo, Red Rocks, Flagship REI, Breckenridge, breweries, Golden, Boulder, Estes Park, Union Station, Wash Park, Old South Pearl Farmer's Market, Voodoo Doughnuts, The Source, Larimer Square, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Garden of the Gods, etc., etc.
Jack_Mehoff
Fantasy
57th
5/28/2017 8:28am
Looks like you're at the base of lookout mountain. The nature center and buffalo bills grave are at the top of that mountain and there is a trail that takes you right to it. There is a golf course near you and both the indoor community center and outdoor Splash swimming pools. You could rent mountain bikes from any shop in town and check out some of the trails in the area, too but that might be hard coming from sea level.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
5/28/2017 7:16pm
Awesome info guys. Thank you. We are really excited. Drinking my coconut water and getting my screws in my feet all warmed up for some good abuse. We are going to check out as much as we can and try to relax a bit as well.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/28/2017 7:25pm
disbanded wrote:
Generally, sativa affects are known to be uplifting, energizing and stimulating.

While an indica is known to produce more sedative and relaxed affects...
Musical Youth would be proud!
hyler199
5/28/2017 9:25pm
can someone bring some leftover wheed to Red Bud lmao?!
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
6/1/2017 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2017 8:52pm
This state is beautiful. Our rental house is really cool too. I have lived on a south Florida beach my whole life so its nice to get out west once in a while. About 100 people have mtb or hiked around behind us. Hoots, chain slaps and good times around here. Night riders too. Looks fun. I can't wait for some moto!!

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
6/1/2017 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/1/2017 8:56pm
Oh yea. Flying in, there are so many private tracks. Seemed like every third house had a track at one point. That is pretty cool.
crusher773
6/2/2017 8:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/2/2017 8:32pm
Not sure if you have kids you are taking but right beside the track was a dinosaur fossil site. It was pretty neat my kid loved it. Casa Bonita too I love that place. Keep the cheese enchiladas coming.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
6/2/2017 9:12pm
crusher773 wrote:
Not sure if you have kids you are taking but right beside the track was a dinosaur fossil site. It was pretty neat my kid loved...
Not sure if you have kids you are taking but right beside the track was a dinosaur fossil site. It was pretty neat my kid loved it. Casa Bonita too I love that place. Keep the cheese enchiladas coming.
Thank you. Yes it was very cool.

Post a reply to: Planning our first Colorado National trip.

The Latest