Places to host the 2019 US MXON at...

MXMattii
MONACO (Principality of Monaco), 28 September 2016 - Youthstream is pleased to announce the 2017 Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations will be held in Great Britain at the spectacular venue of Matterley Basin in Winchester.

Concerning the Monster Energy FIM Motocross of Nations to be held in USA, Youthstream is exploring possibilities for this event to be held in 2019 and discussions are under way to bring this unique event to a venue that is desired by the fans and the Motocross community.

If you keep the following things in mind: You need a big facility where there is place for +35.000 visitors, Youthstream numbers 85,000. There needs to be enough place to create a nice paddock, fan village, camping area and parking space. And within 45-60 minutes driving you should have a ton of motels and hotels where fans can sleep.

Then what facilities should be able to host the MXON in the USA? Are one of following places capable of doing so: Carlotte? Baja Acres? Muddy Creek? Unadilla? Oak Hill Raceway? Steel City?

Should it be a track that already hosts a National or MXGP race? Or should it be somewhere else at a nice track in a place were the people love racing in general but haven't MX Nationals, SX or MXGP racing close by?
|
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/28/2016 9:12am
Won't happen guarantee it, Glen Helen was supposed to be last year anyways was moved. Our promoters won't bend over for GL. It has only been out of Europe 5 times in 70 years. Will not be out of Europe for awhile.
MXMattii
9/28/2016 9:16am
Park Boys wrote:
Won't happen guarantee it, Glen Helen was supposed to be last year anyways was moved. Our promoters won't bend over for GL. It has only been...
Won't happen guarantee it, Glen Helen was supposed to be last year anyways was moved. Our promoters won't bend over for GL. It has only been out of Europe 5 times in 70 years. Will not be out of Europe for awhile.
I would like to see it happen in Australia and Argentinia if I'm honest. Also I don't really get the love everyone has with Red Bud. Personally I think it's overrated, riders sinking in ruts, wheel deep. Nah thanks.
RG1
9/28/2016 9:19am
I don't think it will happen. We'll have to wait and see

The Shop

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/28/2016 9:21am
Park Boys wrote:
Won't happen guarantee it, Glen Helen was supposed to be last year anyways was moved. Our promoters won't bend over for GL. It has only been...
MXMattii wrote:
I would like to see it happen in Australia and Argentinia if I'm honest. Also I don't really get the love everyone has with Red Bud...
I would like to see it happen in Australia and Argentinia if I'm honest. Also I don't really get the love everyone has with Red Bud. Personally I think it's overrated, riders sinking in ruts, wheel deep. Nah thanks.
Red bud would be a slaughterhouse if it went there and that's part of why I don't think GL would want it there. I'd take Red Bud, Spring Creek, High Point and Washougal over any European track. You not liking red bud is like us not liking the GP tracks it's different therefore I don't like it. I'm sick of watching the MxDN hold place in tip toe goat paths I want to see these guys wide open balls out. It doesn't matter though like I said 70 years never once in Asia, which holds what 60 percent of the worlds population? Argentina would be cool, but it won't happen.
RG1
9/28/2016 9:24am
Park Boys wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
I would like to see it happen in Australia and Argentinia if I'm honest. Also I don't really get the love everyone has with Red Bud...
Park Boys wrote:
Red bud would be a slaughterhouse if it went there and that's part of why I don't think GL would want it there. I'd take Red...
Red bud would be a slaughterhouse if it went there and that's part of why I don't think GL would want it there. I'd take Red Bud, Spring Creek, High Point and Washougal over any European track. You not liking red bud is like us not liking the GP tracks it's different therefore I don't like it. I'm sick of watching the MxDN hold place in tip toe goat paths I want to see these guys wide open balls out. It doesn't matter though like I said 70 years never once in Asia, which holds what 60 percent of the worlds population? Argentina would be cool, but it won't happen.
Asia holds a lot of the worlds population, but in terms of the people interested in the event it doesn't hold that many. Japan would be a legitimate venue for the race, but anywhere else would be a bust. I agree that Argentina would be cool, but it's a nightmare to get to
mauidex
9/28/2016 9:44am
if it truly is a HALF MILLION dollar gamble I'd say its doubtful.............but REDDDDDDD BUDDDDDD would be incredible and most likely rival a european event I'd think
jeffro503
9/28/2016 9:50am
I may sound biased but I always thought Washougal would be a great place to have an mxon's race. It's got different soil compared to any other tracks on the circuit and from all the GP guys that have come over too race it , they seemed to really like it. I will say though , I've seen crowds there upwards of about 27,000 - 30,000 back in the day for national and it was a pain getting out of there. It's much better now , but still takes a while. The thing is....I don't see the Huffman's taking a chance with GL's and youthstream's rules of how the event would work out on the money end of things.
ehr400
9/28/2016 11:17am
I would love a place like Indiana or Broom Tioga.
9/28/2016 12:43pm
Baja would be great but I don't think they have the parking and capacity to deal with 35,000 people.

Mx286
9/28/2016 1:01pm
Reb Bud is the only place that I see could hold an event of this size. Plenty of parking and viewing areas, wide track for passing. Plus South Bend is close for accommodations.
kongols
9/28/2016 1:18pm
Charlotte
Pepper on your tongue.( there is such saying in Latvian)
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
9/28/2016 1:27pm
I agree with FTE, Charlotte.

First class facility, and they have proven they can build a good track (and they will make improvements now that they have had prior race experience).

Excellent track access, excellent accommodations and airport access, infrastructure is top notch. Tens of millions live within a reasonable driving distance.

The nostalgia of Red Bud and Unadilla are legendary, but Charlotte Speedway type events are where the future is headed for major "outdoor" motocross events of this magnitude and stature. No one else can afford to invest the money to build a similar quality facility in the middle of nowhere. Which is where most current MX tracks are located.

9/28/2016 1:33pm
anyone think that a mxon track would be cool if they treated it like lorettas where it only gets raced once a year so everyone's on the same playing field.
Beast666
9/28/2016 1:44pm
Build a track outside of Vegas. Plenty of hotels and entertainment when away from the track. Plus access to an international airport etc.

The Las Vegas convention and visitor committee would not mind fronting the cash. Perhaps they can have a large motorcycle industry trade show to go along with the event. Then a few weeks later the MEC and a few of the international riders could stick around and add some flaver to that event.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/28/2016 1:46pm
anyone think that a mxon track would be cool if they treated it like lorettas where it only gets raced once a year so everyone's on...
anyone think that a mxon track would be cool if they treated it like lorettas where it only gets raced once a year so everyone's on the same playing field.
You have to think as well that GL is promoting his brand of racing I.E. GPs so he would not want the level play field and there has not been a level playing field since 09. The longer he can play keep away from the states the better for him.
Jefro98
9/28/2016 1:47pm
anyone think that a mxon track would be cool if they treated it like lorettas where it only gets raced once a year so everyone's on...
Like Matterley Basin you mean?
Josh422
9/28/2016 1:50pm
Washougal

Unique dirt
International airport
Scenic
Major city within proximity
Large property

Won't happen though.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/28/2016 1:58pm
Jefro98 wrote:
I thought GPs have been going there since 07?
9/28/2016 2:00pm
Jefro98 wrote:
Not matterley basin because the mxgp circuit gets to ride it I'm just saying a one off track every mxon that no one races during the year. it'll never happen but would have a uniqueness like LL
Skidaddle
9/28/2016 2:07pm
There are plenty of places far larger than moto tracks where it is already set up for racing with real shitters and grandstands and ease of access (like right off the freeway and within walking distance to whorehouses and 30 minutes to international airport.)

Plus for the Monaco residents, you know, the ballers in our sport, they can gamble all their winnings away.

9/28/2016 2:08pm
Josh422 wrote:
Washougal

Unique dirt
International airport
Scenic
Major city within proximity
Large property

Won't happen though.
Washougal would be great but I'm not sure if there'd be room enough for the two story pitlane and all the other ostentatious GP buildings plus 30000 spectators
Jefro98
9/28/2016 2:15pm
Jefro98 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Yes but it is only used once a year just like Lorettas.
Jefro98
9/28/2016 2:16pm
Jefro98 wrote:
Not matterley basin because the mxgp circuit gets to ride it I'm just saying a one off track every mxon that no one races during the...
Not matterley basin because the mxgp circuit gets to ride it I'm just saying a one off track every mxon that no one races during the year. it'll never happen but would have a uniqueness like LL
Like I said, Matterley Basin is only used once a year, just like Lorettas.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/28/2016 2:17pm
Jefro98 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Jefro98 wrote:
Yes but it is only used once a year just like Lorettas.
So how does that make it a level playing field? Looks like the typical GP advantage to me.
jmurphy243
Fantasy
2073rd
9/28/2016 2:18pm
I'll 2nd washougal and gatorback. I think both have great potential.
9/28/2016 2:18pm
Jefro98 wrote:
Not matterley basin because the mxgp circuit gets to ride it I'm just saying a one off track every mxon that no one races during the...
Jefro98 wrote:
Like I said, Matterley Basin is only used once a year, just like Lorettas.
Lorettas isn't raced at all on our national circuit it's only raced for amateurs and gncc

Post a reply to: Places to host the 2019 US MXON at...

The Latest