Pit Passes for Toronto!

Gym Briggs
3/21/2011 6:34am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:13am
Can anyone in te industry help me out? I need 2. It's mine and my gf's bday, were going there to celebrate. I have had people help me out on here before. Any help is much appreciated! This is her 1st SX!!
|
PFO186
3/21/2011 6:48am
they don't have 'pit passes' in Toronto. the pits outside are pretty much open, and if they're not they are pretty easy to sneak into. It's pretty cool actually, you can just walk in where all the factory rigs are and just hang out and see everything as it's going on. I do it every year and get pictures with all the riders.
Gym Briggs
3/21/2011 6:51am
They have area in the basement. You need a pit pass to get down there!
Highsider
3/21/2011 7:06am
Gym Briggs wrote:
They have area in the basement. You need a pit pass to get down there!
Because they don't have the Monster-Can Pit Party thing @ Toronto.
Gym Briggs
3/21/2011 7:09am
I'm not looking for the monster pit party. I'm looking for unrestricted pit passes. There is no time limit on the ones I'm referring to. Industry people get them!

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/21/2011 9:52am
There's no pit party in Toronto.

You're correct that a portion of the teams pit in the underbelly of the stadium, and some of them prefer to hang out by the semis.
mx918
3/21/2011 9:53am
PM me your info if want. Each rider gets two guest passes and its just me and my GF going, but I get her a mechanics pass anyway. I don't mind helping a brother out.
RACEGUY
3/21/2011 9:54am
Gym Briggs wrote:
I'm not looking for the monster pit party. I'm looking for unrestricted pit passes. There is no time limit on the ones I'm referring to. Industry...
I'm not looking for the monster pit party. I'm looking for unrestricted pit passes. There is no time limit on the ones I'm referring to. Industry people get them!
In other words, it's not so much about getting in the pits as it is making yourself look like a "somebody". Aren't there enough fake insiders in this place?
flarider
3/21/2011 10:07am
Put on gear and just walk in with your ol lady
No one will check
Gym Briggs
3/21/2011 10:21am
Gym Briggs wrote:
I'm not looking for the monster pit party. I'm looking for unrestricted pit passes. There is no time limit on the ones I'm referring to. Industry...
RACEGUY wrote:
In other words, it's not so much about getting in the pits as it is making yourself look like a "somebody". Aren't there enough fake insiders...
In other words, it's not so much about getting in the pits as it is making yourself look like a "somebody". Aren't there enough fake insiders in this place?
Listen bud I have been around the sport for 26 years. My father and uncle are some of the most respected in WNY. I'm not trying to be a somebody. I have friends who race but I know they already have passes spoken for. I figured I could help someone out as well as my self.

I like the idea of dressing up but then I'm stuck in a complete pick up kit all day! My girl would probably think I have officially lost it!
RACEGUY
3/21/2011 10:29am
Let me get this straight. You've been around the sport for 26 years (34 for me) and you're not trying to be a "somebody" ... the Toronto pits are "open" and anybody can walk around ... so why the fuck would a card hanging around your neck make any difference in the world.

You know you're really a "somebody" when you just go wherever the hell you want and nobody even questions your credentials.

Hint - wear a nice clean new industry related jacket, carry a clipboard, and walk fast. Your in!
Gym Briggs
3/21/2011 10:35am
RACEGUY wrote:
Let me get this straight. You've been around the sport for 26 years (34 for me) and you're not trying to be a "somebody" ... the...
Let me get this straight. You've been around the sport for 26 years (34 for me) and you're not trying to be a "somebody" ... the Toronto pits are "open" and anybody can walk around ... so why the fuck would a card hanging around your neck make any difference in the world.

You know you're really a "somebody" when you just go wherever the hell you want and nobody even questions your credentials.

Hint - wear a nice clean new industry related jacket, carry a clipboard, and walk fast. Your in!
Ok foreskin lips as I was saying I have some friends on the circuit. They will be pitted out of the "basement" of the rogers center. I usually don't sport a pit pass. Even last year in Vegas when we were in the press box. So please get the dicks out of your face and pay attention. If you can't be any help stay of the topic.
RACEGUY
3/21/2011 10:38am
Best you got??
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/21/2011 10:40am
I have pit passes to the Dumbgeon. Who wants in?
Gym Briggs
3/21/2011 10:40am
Yeah that's it! If your at Toronto let me know I'll buy ya a beer! Lol
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/21/2011 10:42am
If things are like usual, I'm guessing Loose Moose on Friday night.
Clutchy
3/21/2011 10:52am
GuyB wrote:
I have pit passes to the Dumbgeon. Who wants in?
Can I get five of those to use at my discretion........Silly
RACEGUY
3/21/2011 10:54am
GuyB wrote:
All the Canadian players at their alcohol infused best. Guard your shirtsleeves with your life.
Roscoe33
3/21/2011 11:44am
Gym Briggs wrote:
Yeah that's it! If your at Toronto let me know I'll buy ya a beer! Lol
a) since your an insider call your buddy at Parts Canada mention that you have a racer racing and you've spent over $ 3000 in the last 30 days and you'll get a VIP pass.

b) go to the Loose Moose Fri. and look for the Part's Canada guys and plead your case.... ( watch your sleeves)

the pits are so small the smart riders find a dressing room to pit out of vs the yellow painted 10 x 10 assigned spot under the stands.
iamdustin
3/21/2011 3:38pm
i'd love to get in aswell and meet my heroes! But i don't think any of these tricks will work i'm 15 so i defenitly wont pass for someone who actually belongs there
3/21/2011 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2011 6:54pm
PFO186 wrote:
they don't have 'pit passes' in Toronto. the pits outside are pretty much open, and if they're not they are pretty easy to sneak into. It's...
they don't have 'pit passes' in Toronto. the pits outside are pretty much open, and if they're not they are pretty easy to sneak into. It's pretty cool actually, you can just walk in where all the factory rigs are and just hang out and see everything as it's going on. I do it every year and get pictures with all the riders.
"I do it every year and get pictures with all the riders."

Photos please, or it never happened.
MBBadgers
3/21/2011 5:32pm
GuyB wrote:
RACEGUY wrote:
All the Canadian players at their alcohol infused best. Guard your shirtsleeves with your life.
Since I won't be there, what happens with your sleeves?
PFO186
3/22/2011 5:04am
PFO186 wrote:
they don't have 'pit passes' in Toronto. the pits outside are pretty much open, and if they're not they are pretty easy to sneak into. It's...
Antipodean wrote:
"I do it every year and get pictures with all the riders."

Photos please, or it never happened.
If your that desperate to see them they are on my facebook, look me up, my name is Patrick Foti.
Roscoe33
3/22/2011 5:24am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2011 5:38am
GuyB wrote:
RACEGUY wrote:
MBBadgers wrote:
Since I won't be there, what happens with your sleeves?
there is this guy ( giver) who used to be a MX writer and got tired of starving, now he's got a real job works for a Factory...
he's crazy...really....crazy

Anyways when he go's on a bender he runs around the Moose tearing sleeves off strangers shirts.

The Toronto pits aren't like any other round, they have restricted access due to the fire marshall, semi's are parked across the street, bikes and toolboxes are pushed in, bikes are taken outside to refuel.
all you will see is a bike stand, bike, rider sitting in a lawn chair.
the real excitement is in the industry parties upstairs.
Gym Briggs
3/23/2011 10:02am
I got taken care of. I really appreciate the help. Good to see there are still great people in our sport. Come to find out we had some mutual friends as well. Thanks VitalMx!!
BD49
3/23/2011 10:26am
RACEGUY wrote:
Let me get this straight. You've been around the sport for 26 years (34 for me) and you're not trying to be a "somebody" ... the...

The funny thing about the last part of your post....this weekend in Jacksonville I wore Travis Pastrana's pit shirt that I bought from Jeff Cernic several years ago for charity at Loretta Lynn's.

I'd had it for years and never worn it before but for some reason I packed it up with my Mcgrath jersey for my son's mother and a Dungey jersey for my son. Well, I really needed to grab a poster of James stewart for my neighbors daughter who attended get first ever race a few weeks before at atlanta but the pits had just closed. I just walked in like I knew what I was doing and everyone just let me by without a question or a second look.
I knew that $ 500 shirt would come in handy one day...
Nutty C
3/23/2011 11:44am
No pit party in Toronto. They had a problem with too many American fans pluging up the emergency department at the local Hospital with alchol poisoning. Word is they thought they were drinking american beer.

Post a reply to: Pit Passes for Toronto!

The Latest