Pirelli

2thefront
Has Pirelli pulled out of the American series? They arent a sponsor of SX anymore and their top two teams from last year (JGR and RMKTM) are on Dunlops now.
|
Jmicmoto13
12/30/2016 5:52am
Good question. I'm interested in this answer as well. Wish Bridgestone or Michelin would get back in the mix as well.
trailrider
12/30/2016 6:49am
Milsaps mentioned in a podcast he was seconds faster on the dunlops
trailrider
12/30/2016 6:50am
I listen to pulp often and you would think these are the best rubber on the market
DonM
12/30/2016 7:57am
trailrider wrote:
I listen to pulp often and you would think these are the best rubber on the market
Are you sure you're not thinking of the Michelin...

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/30/2016 8:06am
2thefront wrote:
Has Pirelli pulled out of the American series? They arent a sponsor of SX anymore and their top two teams from last year (JGR and RMKTM)...
Has Pirelli pulled out of the American series? They arent a sponsor of SX anymore and their top two teams from last year (JGR and RMKTM) are on Dunlops now.
I think they're stepping back from their push on the US market. All the teams that were running them switched, Dunlop is now the "official motorcycle tire of Supercross"... Which Pirelli was last year, and I don't think that they will have any support truck at the races (previously it's been out of a truck that JGR owns).
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/30/2016 8:06am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Good question. I'm interested in this answer as well. Wish Bridgestone or Michelin would get back in the mix as well.
I was told they reeled it back for this year, but will be back next year. It's also rumored that Bridgestone will be back in 18.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/30/2016 8:08am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I was told they reeled it back for this year, but will be back next year. It's also rumored that Bridgestone will be back in 18.
Now that I'd like to see. Cool
Ozzy
12/30/2016 8:37am
I gotta say...
They really never did it right.
Never had the same efforts & push like they do in Europe.
That's fact!!
People in the know, know this & say this.
They did it to themselves!
Be great to see Bridgestone return.
Dunlop gets it & does it right.
Tires would develope even quicker if Dunlop had some competition!
Currently they're the BEST & ONLY CHOICE!!
Props to DUNLOP
bvm111
12/30/2016 8:44am
Ozzy wrote:
I gotta say... They really never did it right. Never had the same efforts & push like they do in Europe. That's fact!! People in the...
I gotta say...
That's fact!!
Props to DUNLOP
Only choice....really?
Coyote
12/30/2016 8:54am
Ozzy wrote:
I gotta say... They really never did it right. Never had the same efforts & push like they do in Europe. That's fact!! People in the...
I gotta say...
That's fact!!
Props to DUNLOP
x100 oz, best tires out there, talk to jgr boys that ran pirelli last year and tested w/dunlop this year, same tracks and seconds faster~~
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
12/30/2016 9:01am
Ozzy wrote:
I gotta say...
That's fact!!
Props to DUNLOP
bvm111 wrote:
Only choice....really?
Yep, if you are a team rider using special compounds and what not.........only option.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
12/30/2016 9:07am
Ozzy wrote:
I gotta say...
That's fact!!
Props to DUNLOP
I can only face palm so many times in one day
12/30/2016 10:45am
As a consumer I really like the rear midsoft 32

They need massive work on front tire. If you want what I feel is their best front, the XC midsoft is best front they offer IMHO and competitive vs dunlop.

Part of their tire issues in the rear in my opinion is it grips too well coming into corners, hard to initiate back sliding around some... without use of rear brake too heavily...

On exit it dominates the dunlop.
davistld01
12/30/2016 11:38am
Ozzy wrote:
I gotta say...
That's fact!!
Props to DUNLOP
Its always cool to see Broc Glover at the Dunlop truck. He's a familiar face, and they definately do it right.
Motofinne
12/30/2016 11:43am Edited Date/Time 12/30/2016 11:44am
Dunlop the only choice? Not really....

I was a Dunlop guy from 2014 to half of the 2016. My dealer convinced me to try Pirelli and i didn't look back. Been on Pirelli from mid summer to this day.
andyman
12/30/2016 12:42pm
Motofinne wrote:
Dunlop the only choice? Not really.... I was a Dunlop guy from 2014 to half of the 2016. My dealer convinced me to try Pirelli and...
Dunlop the only choice? Not really....

I was a Dunlop guy from 2014 to half of the 2016. My dealer convinced me to try Pirelli and i didn't look back. Been on Pirelli from mid summer to this day.
So you race SX with "factory" tires?

He is talking about special compounds and stuff that the factory guy's are using.
trailrider
12/30/2016 12:48pm
trailrider wrote:
DonM wrote:
Are you sure you're not thinking of the Michelin...
Don thanks for correcting me..you're right
Jrewing
12/30/2016 1:01pm
Ozzy wrote:
I gotta say...
That's fact!!
Props to DUNLOP
colintrax wrote:
I can only face palm so many times in one day
Yep
Jrewing
12/30/2016 1:02pm
As a consumer I really like the rear midsoft 32 They need massive work on front tire. If you want what I feel is their best...

They need massive work on front tire. If you want what I feel is their best front, the XC midsoft is best front they offer IMHO and competitive vs dunlop.

Part of their tire issues in the rear in my opinion is it grips too well coming into corners, hard to initiate back sliding around some... without use of rear brake too heavily...

The Xc mid soft is awesome but very soft sidewall. Need extra air in them
12/30/2016 1:05pm
As a consumer I really like the rear midsoft 32 They need massive work on front tire. If you want what I feel is their best...

Jrewing wrote:
all the pirelli are soft compared to dunlop
the xc is much stiffer sidewall than mx mid soft in the front
Julian
12/30/2016 1:05pm
Pirelli WAS a nice Italian company.

Now it is a Chinese company.

ricko
12/30/2016 2:07pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Bridgestone come back would be great. Still the best tires IMO.
RbR
12/30/2016 2:35pm
GuyB wrote:
ML512 wrote:
ricko wrote:
Bridgestone come back would be great. Still the best tires IMO.
100% agree ... Bridgestone's MX tires are best available to the public.
JH911
12/30/2016 3:45pm
I'm a Bridgestone guy, but the latest Bridgestones are epic fails. X30 front pushed and washes everywhere semi soft-soft. X30 is not predictable driving up jump faces especially at lean into whip or scrub. Tire life is terrible. These tires perform much better on hard pack. Lose drive in anything soft or loose. Then their life is even shorter! That's about it. X40 are decent in their range. Going to test the X20 finally......I'm not holding my breath. These new Bridgestones can't hold a candle to the 203/204 403/404 603/604 in terms of grip, working ranges (terrain crossover), predictablilty, or durability (life). Then factor in the massive price increase and it rates a complete epic fail IMHO. I'm scraping the barrel to get as many remaining 203 204 and 404's to get me by. I've been trading back and forth to the new Michelin Starcross Mediums and Softs. Much better than current crop of Bridgestones without a doubt. I just can't let go of Bridgestone completely.
brimx153
12/30/2016 3:50pm
JH911 wrote:
I'm a Bridgestone guy, but the latest Bridgestones are epic fails. X30 front pushed and washes everywhere semi soft-soft. X30 is not predictable driving up jump...
I'm a Bridgestone guy, but the latest Bridgestones are epic fails. X30 front pushed and washes everywhere semi soft-soft. X30 is not predictable driving up jump faces especially at lean into whip or scrub. Tire life is terrible. These tires perform much better on hard pack. Lose drive in anything soft or loose. Then their life is even shorter! That's about it. X40 are decent in their range. Going to test the X20 finally......I'm not holding my breath. These new Bridgestones can't hold a candle to the 203/204 403/404 603/604 in terms of grip, working ranges (terrain crossover), predictablilty, or durability (life). Then factor in the massive price increase and it rates a complete epic fail IMHO. I'm scraping the barrel to get as many remaining 203 204 and 404's to get me by. I've been trading back and forth to the new Michelin Starcross Mediums and Softs. Much better than current crop of Bridgestones without a doubt. I just can't let go of Bridgestone completely.
x 20 backs are really good , i hate the front tho
slipdog
12/30/2016 3:54pm
JH911 wrote:
I'm a Bridgestone guy, but the latest Bridgestones are epic fails. X30 front pushed and washes everywhere semi soft-soft. X30 is not predictable driving up jump...
603/4 403/4 all day long. Ridden with the MX3s(MX32) on my Husky and on the new CRF and they are horrible for traction
Jrewing
12/30/2016 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2016 4:00pm

Jrewing wrote:
all the pirelli are soft compared to dunlop
the xc is much stiffer sidewall than mx mid soft in the front
Yes Pirelli are soft overall but that gives more range to tune with air. My Xc were soft, been a while since I run the mx mid soft.

Another thing the 554 are my favourite hard front tyre. Xc mid my favourite sand
JH911
12/30/2016 4:05pm
Bridgestone needs to rethink their market strategy. The M59 is still available!! That tire is like 20 yrs old but they disco their best performing tires? Seriously, dump the Battlecross line. I think there are more teams (Internationally) running Michelins then there are running Bridgestone!
JWACK
12/30/2016 4:48pm
Ozzy wrote:
I gotta say...
That's fact!!
Props to DUNLOP
Coyote wrote:
x100 oz, best tires out there, talk to jgr boys that ran pirelli last year and tested w/dunlop this year, same tracks and seconds faster~~
And then barcia still gets 5th.

Post a reply to: Pirelli

The Latest