Ping says........(ok,ok...125s back at the Nationals)

11/19/2017 8:39am
mxb2 wrote:
Honda has a lot of $$ and helps the decision making.
Well, then Honda should take some of that money and make a 125 two stroke. Honda's (and other manufacturers) influence is exactly the problem.
mxb2
11/19/2017 10:12am
mxb2 wrote:
Honda has a lot of $$ and helps the decision making.
Well, then Honda should take some of that money and make a 125 two stroke. Honda's (and other manufacturers) influence is exactly the problem.
They might not thinks it's a good business decision. Like Suzuki ,kawy also. Plenty other 125 cc smokers out there to buy new.
11/19/2017 10:32am
Do Honda still supply parts to CR 125 ?
So if a team a have unlimited cash, we can buy 10 bikes in parts and make them as quick as Steve Lamson honda.

How quick is that bike /new Lamson) compared to a new KTM sx125 ??

The Shop

mxb2
11/19/2017 10:53am
Dirtdemon wrote:
Do Honda still supply parts to CR 125 ? So if a team a have unlimited cash, we can buy 10 bikes in parts and make...
So if a team a have unlimited cash, we can buy 10 bikes in parts and make them as quick as Steve Lamson honda.

A new Ktm is better.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
11/19/2017 12:01pm
Dirtdemon wrote:
Do Honda still supply parts to CR 125 ? So if a team a have unlimited cash, we can buy 10 bikes in parts and make...

if ktm built a factory bike to compete against....i would say the ktm.

only issue for the ktm huskys is development. Stankdog ran into issues with the lower end and gear box because the bike isn't really developed for professional racing ie ridden really really hard. so durability might be an issue where as the motor Lamson ran was a few years into development. but even back in 2003 2004 when it was still 125's ktms were smoking everyone on starts. the downside was the chassis was crap. Now they have motor and chassis where as a honda only has a good chassis
Johnny Depp
11/20/2017 5:33am
Thanks for the updated title. I would really like to know the rest of the details. If teams are to arrange sponsors and start to prepare, more info is needed and soon. 2018 budgets are being finalized now.
Bosco
11/20/2017 6:21am
Who cares if a manufacturer wont "like it" just because they dont offer a product that fits the class? That is their business decision and it...
Who cares if a manufacturer wont "like it" just because they dont offer a product that fits the class? That is their business decision and it should have NOTHING to do with the racing rules. That is like saying Le Mans should shape their rules so there is a special class for Tesla electric cars. The FIM/AMA/Feld/MX Sports need to harden the F up and just create rules they want, then let the manufacturers deal with those rules how they see fit, manufacturers having too much influence is half the problem with racing today.
RE: LeMans, that's literally how that works. The ACO (LeMans) and FIM (F1) are constantly in talks with manufacturers to develop a set of rules that the manufacturers want. Otherwise you end up with a series with no bikes/cars. Admittedly that's different, cos you or I can't go down to the local dealership and pick up a Porsche 919 LMP1 car, and there are a few manufacturers that still make two stroke mx bikes.

But absolutely there should be negotiation between a series organiser and the relevant manufacturer. However, it's a two-way street. Seems to me like Honda had a little more weight than the FIM/AMA in the no-more-two-strokes decision.
BobbyM
11/20/2017 6:30am
Falcon wrote:
Zero Fs given. I'm so tired of hearing that the manufacturers don't want to go back to 2-strokes... give me a break. If Honda doesn't want...
Zero Fs given.

I'm so tired of hearing that the manufacturers don't want to go back to 2-strokes... give me a break. If Honda doesn't want to build a 2-stroke, then they can neglect that class and concentrate on their 4-strokes. Bring on the races!
Sorry to break it to you but it's not just Honda.
Plugga wrote:
Have a read: http://mxworksbike.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=26:1972-h…

Especially the "Honda will never build a 2-stroke motorcycle!" part.
That is an awesome Motocross story.
11/20/2017 6:43am
Dirtdemon wrote:

if ktm built a factory bike to compete against....i would say the ktm. only issue for the ktm huskys is development. Stankdog ran into issues with...

only issue for the ktm huskys is development. Stankdog ran into issues with the lower end and gear box because the bike isn't really developed for professional racing ie ridden really really hard. so durability might be an issue where as the motor Lamson ran was a few years into development. but even back in 2003 2004 when it was still 125's ktms were smoking everyone on starts. the downside was the chassis was crap. Now they have motor and chassis where as a honda only has a good chassis
the emx 125 riders are riding at that level and don't seem to have too many issues with their ktm/ huskys..
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/20/2017 7:25am
Dirtdemon wrote:

if ktm built a factory bike to compete against....i would say the ktm. only issue for the ktm huskys is development. Stankdog ran into issues with...

Sorry man but that's horseshit. As far as your example, he wasn't even running OEM parts.
kkawboy14
11/20/2017 7:33am
It would probably be the Woman’s 125 2 stroke series!
loftyair
11/20/2017 7:37am
125cc entry-level pro, a support class that is open stroke and cc, then the premier class, open stroke and cc.
bball35
11/20/2017 9:34am
How long before Honda starts making 2-strokes again?
newmann
11/20/2017 10:01am
And to think of all the Vital MX ball washers over the past decade that have told me to EABOD and get over my 2 stroke fetish...
b_kowalsk
11/20/2017 12:36pm
One fifteen minute moto is too short! needs to be at least 20 min imo...
Johnny Depp
11/20/2017 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2017 12:46pm
The format may not be clear yet. Maybe 1 moto? What riders? Amateur or pro or ex pro? What bikes, homologated or not? What TV or Live stream? What rounds? What pit space? All important stuff for anyone trying to put a team together with budget timelines pressing for sponsors.
Plugga
11/20/2017 12:56pm
b_kowalsk wrote:
One fifteen minute moto is too short! needs to be at least 20 min imo...
Small steps mate. Lets get them in the show first. Wink

toomanykaws
11/20/2017 2:36pm
If Honda has so much power. Maybe its shame on them for steering the industry the past 15 plus years.

Hard to deny the cost and maint $$ associated with the 4 strokes versus two strokes. Just about all of us or our riding buddies have or had a blown up broken 4 stroke in the garage not worth rebuilding. When was the last time you saw or owned a 2 stroke that wasn't work fixing???

Glad I never got on the 4 stroke train. Guys would laugh at my smokers. Now they all want to buy them. Tough shit bro go shop on craigs...
FI2T
11/20/2017 6:41pm
Yessss! The Nationals just became more interesting not that they weren't already better then Supercross. Will this help bring on a change for 250 vs 250?

Hopefully the details get worked out quick. It'll be interesting to see if there will be production rules.

Post a reply to: Ping says........(ok,ok...125s back at the Nationals)

The Latest