4li2k73z Share your Vital activity on Facebook (More info)
close

Performance Enhancing Drugs

Mod Killer

C100_628669118_1209232610

Posts: 1932

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: Worldwide, CA USA

10/24/2011 6:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/24/2011 7:08 PM

Sherwood wrote: I'm starting to think you make a lot up.

fair enough. u dont know me, and dont know what i do or whom i associate with or what ive seen. i dont take it personally. if i was just a casual fan of this sport, i'd find this shit ridiculous as well. perspective is everything.

but if any of the shit i was saying was even remotely bullshit, you'd see any of the "insiders" here putting me on blast.

i'll leave this subject alone from here on out if its making u uncomfortable or anyone else for that matter. truth be told, im sticking up for the people who are using PED's. i hope it comes across that way. if not, it is my fault, and im genuinely sorry to anyone ive offended.

not cool enough for motodrivel....banned from motodrive....so im stuck here to rot.

mxpunk

C100_hill1

Posts: 346

Joined: 10/5/2011

Location: Perrineville, NJ USA

10/24/2011 7:07 PM

who the fuck would take a bean before a motocross race??


i'd believe PED over fucking E-bomb use... bhwhahahaa

jasonv43

C100_avatar2_1392824933

Posts: 7652

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: Simi Valley, CA USA

10/24/2011 8:08 PM

GrapeApe wrote: Is the IV loaded with synthetic testosterone or being used to administer a blood transfusion, or just standard saline?

Pot is not performance enhancing, it is banned for other reasons.

flarider wrote: Let's say saline, a lactated ringer

GrapeApe wrote: Saline is not a "drug" and is not on any banned substances list. Saline IV's are banned for other reasons, namely fairness to the have-not's.

I know for a fact that a lot of girls in the pits are definitely using Saline.

How's My Posting?

Call 1-800-VITALMX

Trent179

C100_posey1_2_1401592297

Posts: 1121

Joined: 4/3/2010

Location: Princeton, IN USA

10/24/2011 8:23 PM

Where does a person go about buying human growth hormone?

mxpunk

C100_hill1

Posts: 346

Joined: 10/5/2011

Location: Perrineville, NJ USA

10/24/2011 8:27 PM

Trent179 wrote: Where does a person go about buying human growth hormone?

x2

im alittle too short for my liking.

CamP

C100_139826380_1291095094

Posts: 6683

Joined: 8/16/2006

Location: Colleyville, TX USA

10/24/2011 8:29 PM

gsxr6

C100_dadcrwheelie2

Posts: 630

Joined: 9/3/2011

Location: Anderson, CA USA

10/24/2011 8:32 PM

Trent179 wrote: Where does a person go about buying human growth hormone?

mxpunk wrote: x2

im alittle too short for my liking.

thats easy. tj lol tijuana has everything for a price. a lower price no less

when in doubt, pin it out

jasonv43

C100_avatar2_1392824933

Posts: 7652

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: Simi Valley, CA USA

10/24/2011 8:38 PM

Do you guys remember this:

"As the 1998 season progressed, it became clear that McGwire, Ken Griffey Jr., and Chicago Cubs outfielder Sammy Sosa were all on track to break Roger Maris' single-season home run record. The race to break the record first attracted media attention as the home run leader changed often throughout the season. On August 19, Sosa hit his 48th home run to move ahead of McGwire. However, later that day McGwire hit his 48th and 49th home runs to regain the lead.

On September 8, 1998 at 8:18 p.m. CDT, McGwire hit a pitch by the Cubs' Steve Trachsel over the left field wall for his record-breaking 62nd home run, setting off huge celebrations at Busch Stadium. The fact that the game was against the Cubs meant that Sosa was able to congratulate McGwire personally on his achievement. Members of Roger Maris' family were also present at the game. The ball was freely given to McGwire in a ceremony on the field by the stadium worker who found it.

McGwire finished the 1998 season with 70 home runs (including five in his last three games), four ahead of Sosa's 66."


Man baseball sure was popular that year. And I loved watching during that season.

How's My Posting?

Call 1-800-VITALMX

RealityZ

C100_c5973fb4758611e3a58c124c147de396_8_1392573323

Posts: 611

Joined: 8/10/2010

Location: NY, USA

10/24/2011 8:51 PM

Gym Briggs wrote: Performance enhancing drugs aren't going to make you twist the throttle further. That's the beauty of our sport. No drug out there is going to make you the best. Thats something that either you have it or you don't!

Regis wrote: In a sport where at the top level fitness can be the difference between a big pay check and a small one.. You bet they can help.

Its not all about how far you can grip it and rip it

Drugs dont make you faster Regis, this isn't a traiathlon, you grip, rip and gap*...goodnight

Sherwood

C100_site_logo

Posts: 4284

Joined: 5/12/2010

Location: USA

10/24/2011 8:54 PM

Mod Killer wrote: weirder shit has happened.

but believe what u want. i have no reason to make the shit up.

Sherwood wrote: I'm starting to think you make a lot up.

Mod Killer wrote: fair enough. u dont know me, and dont know what i do or whom i associate with or what ive seen. i dont take it personally. if i was just a casual fan of this sport, i'd find this shit ridiculous as well. perspective is everything.

but if any of the shit i was saying was even remotely bullshit, you'd see any of the "insiders" here putting me on blast.

i'll leave this subject alone from here on out if its making u uncomfortable or anyone else for that matter. truth be told, im sticking up for the people who are using PED's. i hope it comes across that way. if not, it is my fault, and im genuinely sorry to anyone ive offended.

You also think the refs are out to get the raiders...

motoplook

C100_yo

Posts: 326

Joined: 4/19/2010

Location: KAZ

10/24/2011 9:00 PM

Gym Briggs wrote: Performance enhancing drugs aren't going to make you twist the throttle further. That's the beauty of our sport. No drug out there is going to make you the best. Thats something that either you have it or you don't!

Regis wrote: In a sport where at the top level fitness can be the difference between a big pay check and a small one.. You bet they can help.

Its not all about how far you can grip it and rip it

RealityZ wrote: Drugs dont make you faster Regis, this isn't a traiathlon, you grip, rip and gap*...goodnight

WTF are you guys smoking? Isn't the fastest guy the guy that passes the line before the others? In a 30 min + race, by temps flirting with the 90s, with short rest period between motos, don't you think that PED will help you to recover fast in between motos and help increase your endurance, your strength, that throttle twisted longer, better? Come on, of course PED makes you go faster because you go faster longer.

Right on Regis!

"What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on."

kongols

C100_stewart_1380551035

Posts: 15198

Joined: 9/22/2009

Location: Riga, LVA

10/24/2011 9:08 PM

The pessimist says it can`t get any worse, the optimist says it can.

bents

C100_image_1375542030

Posts: 1523

Joined: 12/31/2009

Location: CAN

10/24/2011 9:21 PM

Mod Killer wrote: no, thats not what i meant at all. amatuer success doesnt guarantee pro success. my point is, if the kid has the work ethic and the talent, he will get noticed and he will get his shot. its up to them to put in the "dungey-type" work. ive watched with my own eyes plenty of kids with all the talent in the world, take it all for granted. you can get yourself a paid ride without the use of PED's. competing with the top guys may be another story, but getting yourself into the top 10 and getting a tryout with a team is easily do-able if you have the talent. thing is, this industry is super small, and everyone knows who's doing what.

durham is a prime example of someone who didnt squander his shot. and now he's gonna be on a PC bike. and if you think that mitch didnt do his homework before signing the kid, youre mistaken. mitch is the real deal. but if durham thinks hes "made it" hes wrong. he aint even close. he's got years of intense work and sacrifice before he's really got bubba or reed worried. i hope he makes it there, but more often than not, the kids think that once theyre getting paid 2k a month, theyve made it. when in reality, the end has just begun. and later they complain that they were never given a fair shot.



with regards to the level of competitiveness that guys like dungey or lance armstrong possess, most cannot even fathom it. its a level of drive that the majority of the planet doesnt have and cannot quantify or comprehend. its flat out greed to the umpteenth degree.

you may not be a pro athlete, but unless you are at the top of your field in whatever business you partake in, chances are, you are not one of these rare types of people and would have a hard time comprehending their nature.

these are the type of kids who were competitive to a fault growing up. uncomfortable to be around. took everything too seriously. theyre flawed individuals actually. its abnormal. we just happen to live in a society that puts value on it.

and so with that, im not justifying the use of any drugs, im just rationalizing it. trying to give u some understanding of the immense self-imposed pressures that these kids succumb too. cheating isnt right by any means. but its nothing to be condemned for if you have slight understanding of where it comes from.

i hope that makes sense. im trying my best to articulate this in a timely fashion. u can choose to take whatever i say with a grain of salt. im not trying to talk down to u or insult anyone or start any heated argument. just shed some light, and hopefully perspective, thats all.

Mod is right on here. Our own Canadian Olympic hero, Ben Johnson, who quickly fell from the top of the mountain, worked like a fuckin dog to beat Carl Lewis, another rampant cheater. If everyone lining up for the 1988 Olympic final in the 100 metre race was using PED's, was it really cheating at all? The difference still lied in the work they did to get there, and Johnson's capacity for work was crazy (obviously aided by the PED's), so it wasn't like he did a bunch of juice and sat around all day playing his Playstation scratching his sac, and then went out and smoked the fastest athletes in the world.

If everyone on the Tour De France is using PED's, is it really cheating? As much as I don't want to believe that Lance never doped...he still did an absolutely enormous amount of work to come back from cancer and win.

The top dudes that Mod refers to work in such a way that we can't understand. This is why they ARE the cream that rises to the top.

Funny comment about the huge investigation that the Canadian Gov't followed up with after Ben got nabbed in Seoul (The Dubin Inquiry)-when Ben's coach, Charlie Francis testified at the inquiry he basically said that if you weren't using PED's you might as well line up your starting block one metre behind the competition. In track and field terms, that is like a mile behind your competition! LIke, you are fucked!

"We are the architects of our own fate." Muhammad Yunus

motov8tedcre8tor

C100_girl_beer_bottle_1391915632

Posts: 477

Joined: 1/4/2011

Location: Petaluma, CA USA

10/24/2011 9:46 PM

My favorite PEDs of choice these days:

for her to loosen her up


for both of us to take the edge off


I'm a out of shape 53 year old geezer. No further comment necessary.

knowitalloveragainnovice

C100

Posts: 1489

Joined: 3/23/2010

Location: New York, NJ USA

10/25/2011 12:24 AM

The King smoked the blessing and drank the wine.....

....too bad that one day a pure steroided, mini child with a salary for his entire family and millions before he enters middle school still wont grab the 72 wins and 7 titles that the ex- grocery store bagger pickup truck wrecker with SX trophies inside was able to amass.

Sorry folks an entertaining read...... but it tells us it's heading to ten man gates.

TDeath21

C100_rc.

Posts: 2853

Joined: 2/22/2011

Location: MO, USA

10/25/2011 12:31 AM

If you're caught using any performing enhancer of any type, you should be banned from your respective sport for life. Let the people who do it the fair way and the right way compete against each other. Unfortunately, nowadays it is a necessity to be tested in every sport.

Sunhouse

C100_7697760_north_pole_santa_claus_house_and_winter_background_with_shining_sun_47695

Posts: 2543

Joined: 3/2/2009

Location: NOR

10/25/2011 2:18 AM

Mod Killer wrote: weirder shit has happened.

but believe what u want. i have no reason to make the shit up.

Sherwood wrote: I'm starting to think you make a lot up.

Mod Killer wrote: fair enough. u dont know me, and dont know what i do or whom i associate with or what ive seen. i dont take it personally. if i was just a casual fan of this sport, i'd find this shit ridiculous as well. perspective is everything.

but if any of the shit i was saying was even remotely bullshit, you'd see any of the "insiders" here putting me on blast.

i'll leave this subject alone from here on out if its making u uncomfortable or anyone else for that matter. truth be told, im sticking up for the people who are using PED's. i hope it comes across that way. if not, it is my fault, and im genuinely sorry to anyone ive offended.

I like this topic. I understand you don´t want to name anyone, BUT could you tell us what types of PED´s were talking here? What do the riders use to get an advantage?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mstock: "I wait at the edge of my seat to hear athletes and celebrities mention a brand or product name. I then rush out and purchase said product regardless if I need the shit or not."

themrtoad

C100_001

Posts: 630

Joined: 5/29/2009

Location: SWE

10/25/2011 4:21 AM

Since some of the american topriders in the past and present actually changed even their apperance, I feel pretty safe to say there are lot's of PED around. If you do lot's of hormones things will change not only inside your body, but also in your face etc.

The way some of the best riders just keep going, and the salaries the pay their trainers tells me all I need to know. Are you naive enough to think ex cycling trainers became millionaires for there ability to scream at their proteges to do one more pushup?

If it stinks like a pig, looks like a pig and behaves like a pig I say we're looking at a pig.

Finally I don't blame any of the parties involved. If cheating is allowed why wouldn't people cheat?

I's sure european topriders cheat as well. But maybe a little less since they test them more. What they do in the offseason though is a different story...

Finally: Of course you can benefit greately in MX from all sorts of PED's. All riders I ever heard of would say that they could go faster if they didn't get tired.

I HATE FOURSTROKES

www.racelife.se

-eagle-

C100_110944990_1237470868

Posts: 1532

Joined: 5/9/2008

Location: South Point, USA

10/25/2011 5:48 AM

Nobody listen to the that one show last week?
After they figure out who is actually a friend or an acquaintance they drop a few bombs.
Confirmation, detection, and justification.

mom241

C100_sc000a6ba7

Posts: 892

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: Shawnee, OK USA

10/25/2011 6:02 AM

Sherwood wrote: I'm starting to think you make a lot up.

Mod Killer wrote: fair enough. u dont know me, and dont know what i do or whom i associate with or what ive seen. i dont take it personally. if i was just a casual fan of this sport, i'd find this shit ridiculous as well. perspective is everything.

but if any of the shit i was saying was even remotely bullshit, you'd see any of the "insiders" here putting me on blast.

i'll leave this subject alone from here on out if its making u uncomfortable or anyone else for that matter. truth be told, im sticking up for the people who are using PED's. i hope it comes across that way. if not, it is my fault, and im genuinely sorry to anyone ive offended.

Sunhouse wrote: I like this topic. I understand you don´t want to name anyone, BUT could you tell us what types of PED´s were talking here? What do the riders use to get an advantage?

I'll speak for the pro rider I know. It gets really old always defending the riders. All these accusations are broad and generalized, and I am offended. But it 's the same old thing, about once a year this comes up. At least we won't have the yearly US riders suck because they don't want to go to Glen Helen for nothing.

Birds peck at the best fruit.

Sunhouse

C100_7697760_north_pole_santa_claus_house_and_winter_background_with_shining_sun_47695

Posts: 2543

Joined: 3/2/2009

Location: NOR

10/25/2011 6:15 AM

Mod Killer wrote: fair enough. u dont know me, and dont know what i do or whom i associate with or what ive seen. i dont take it personally. if i was just a casual fan of this sport, i'd find this shit ridiculous as well. perspective is everything.

but if any of the shit i was saying was even remotely bullshit, you'd see any of the "insiders" here putting me on blast.

i'll leave this subject alone from here on out if its making u uncomfortable or anyone else for that matter. truth be told, im sticking up for the people who are using PED's. i hope it comes across that way. if not, it is my fault, and im genuinely sorry to anyone ive offended.

Sunhouse wrote: I like this topic. I understand you don´t want to name anyone, BUT could you tell us what types of PED´s were talking here? What do the riders use to get an advantage?

mom241 wrote: I'll speak for the pro rider I know. It gets really old always defending the riders. All these accusations are broad and generalized, and I am offended. But it 's the same old thing, about once a year this comes up. At least we won't have the yearly US riders suck because they don't want to go to Glen Helen for nothing.

I see your point, and I recognise the topic too. But when someone claims to alledgedly (sp) know what some riders use as PEDs, it kind of sparks my interest. Not as to who supposedly does them, but rather what is used as a PED (mind you, if it is being used at all).
That is why I´m asking. It can also help clarify the credibility to the claim. I remember reading some uninformed accusations as to what riders were using in previous threads, substances which would not provide any advantage to mx training and fitness what so ever. That is why I´m asking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mstock: "I wait at the edge of my seat to hear athletes and celebrities mention a brand or product name. I then rush out and purchase said product regardless if I need the shit or not."

rileymx

C100_113132180_1242389311

Posts: 756

Joined: 10/24/2007

Location: Azores islands, PRT

10/25/2011 6:46 AM

mom241 wrote: I'll speak for the pro rider I know. It gets really old always defending the riders. All these accusations are broad and generalized, and I am offended. But it 's the same old thing, about once a year this comes up. At least we won't have the yearly US riders suck because they don't want to go to Glen Helen for nothing.

i'm with you all the way on your offence.........
i think all the people in mx that do it right and go by the rules with fair play should be offended and should speak up against this generalized idea of the mx in usa.......
the thing is....who's the good and who's the bad guys here..?????
what i see is the nicks that look usually as fans of the sport being all curious.......and the nicks that usually look to be "insiders" trying to justify the non testing and swapping evidence and morals unders the rug.........how can one prove to be fair and clean...?????
and for me the worst of it all is the hypocrisy of it......
doing what ever to get an advantage in a sport isok and fans should make belive nothing is going on for the sake of the sports image.......but then guys like jeff emig got fired or like michael phelps lost his contracts for smooking some pot outside of competition........even tiger woods lost his contracts for some bangging outside of mariage....!!!!!!!!!! and that to defend the morals of society.........
you know i'm a fan of trey and not only cuz of his skills.....i think your offence should make you and all other offended speak out loud and clear.....in a way that everybody knows the good from the bad.....!!!!!!!!!!

mom241

C100_sc000a6ba7

Posts: 892

Joined: 4/1/2008

Location: Shawnee, OK USA

10/25/2011 7:09 AM

rileymx wrote: i'm with you all the way on your offence.........
i think all the people in mx that do it right and go by the rules with fair play should be offended and should speak up against this generalized idea of the mx in usa.......
the thing is....who's the good and who's the bad guys here..?????
what i see is the nicks that look usually as fans of the sport being all curious.......and the nicks that usually look to be "insiders" trying to justify the non testing and swapping evidence and morals unders the rug.........how can one prove to be fair and clean...?????
and for me the worst of it all is the hypocrisy of it......
doing what ever to get an advantage in a sport isok and fans should make belive nothing is going on for the sake of the sports image.......but then guys like jeff emig got fired or like michael phelps lost his contracts for smooking some pot outside of competition........even tiger woods lost his contracts for some bangging outside of mariage....!!!!!!!!!! and that to defend the morals of society.........
you know i'm a fan of trey and not only cuz of his skills.....i think your offence should make you and all other offended speak out loud and clear.....in a way that everybody knows the good from the bad.....!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the thing is, I try to stay out of some discussions because people like to bench race, talk, . . . It's when people say that athletes that train with people with cycling backgrounds must be using, or all the top riders are doing it, someone needs to stand up and say that you can't generalize about people that way. If you have proof of who is, then great. But don't lump everyone together and say they're all doing it, because I know they're not.

I said in another post, Trey doesn't even take cold medicine during the SX season because of testing and false positives. My question is, are we going to test, or not? If we are, is the test reliable? History kind of says no to me. But just don't assume that everyone's doing it.

Birds peck at the best fruit.

rileymx

C100_113132180_1242389311

Posts: 756

Joined: 10/24/2007

Location: Azores islands, PRT

10/25/2011 7:40 AM

i do belive a lot of guys are too affraid to go that way, by morals and by fear of later consequences.....as i do belive a lot will do what ever just on the idea of getting some advantage.....
so if the testing is good enough for other pro sports, even for the olimpics.....it should be good enough for mx and it not only would stop the unfairness of the generalization of thought but most of all would stand out the cheaters and make the cheating not worth doing.....
the creeps this gives me is that besides mx being a very agressive sport to your body and future health, therefor his atheletes have a short carrear at top level, the ped use will for sure make your future life even worst.......
in every sports will be cheaters, but this cheating is really bad for the future of who does it, and i can see a lot of young kids taking peds without even knowing what they are doing..........and they will be the ones paying the consequences..........
i can't understand how can someone fight off ped testing in a sport.........just out of my range........

Cygnus

C100_96780460_1279248218

Posts: 12718

Joined: 8/15/2006

Location: Hanover, CO USA

10/25/2011 7:42 AM

I for one know that even local amateur riders are using some PEDs. Whether it helps them or not IDK. But the ones I know of are doing better than the ones I know aren't. I also know of pros doing street drugs. There are way to many naive fans in MX that just do not want to believe there heroes would ever do such a thing. Hell Marijuana an MX go hand in hand. Oh someone said it slows healing. That's is so wrong I do not know where to start.

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

Flip sticK

C100_photo_1408972045

Posts: 741

Joined: 6/15/2007

Location: Winchester, TX USA

10/25/2011 7:59 AM

Interesting movie if any of you haven't seen it is bigger faster stronger. Perfromance enhancing drugs are everywhere, and you can bet your ass they are in mx. Especially if they aren't testing for them!? Hell if I had millions on the line and a chance to make history and there was a way to get a edge on the competition. I'd be all over it! Just me though........lol

txmxer

C100_avatartfs_1368216137

Posts: 11649

Joined: 8/21/2006

Location: Weatherford, TX USA

10/25/2011 7:59 AM

Sherwood wrote: Do you want people on heroin riding on a Sx/outdoor track with you?

Mod Killer wrote: of course not. but if safety is the concern, then they should outlaw whoops and triples. safety has nothing to do with it. when you see bubba completely concussed out of his mind, and requires help to get back on his bike FROM THE MEDICAL STAFF ....i dont want to hear anyone clamor about safety.

making heroin illegal isnt about safety. its about pushing the social agenda. which is a whole 'nother topic for another day.


the AMA doesnt pay the riders salary, its not their concern what the riders do recreationally.

if the riders unionized, and became true partners with the FIM and AMA, then i could see it being their problem as the riders now become a product that the sanctioning body is truly responsible for. and protecting that investment would warrant the testing for recreational drugs.

if a particular team wants to test its riders for rec drugs, go for it. but its none of the AMA's business. they need to stick to policing the technical integrity of the sport (which they fail at) before they start worrying about trivial stuff like recreational drugs.



i do know of one rider who popped a couple exstacy pills prior to the Vegas main on the starting line. didnt help much. but again, that was something for the team to police, and they didnt. they could care less, he already got them their championship.

i do know of one rider who popped a couple exstacy pills prior to the Vegas main on the starting line. didnt help much. but again, that was something for the team to police, and they didnt. they could care less, he already got them their championship.

Unless you saw it happen, I think I'd call BS on that.

"American politics is about as real as pro wrestling." 7I3N

"I'm sorry folks, I believe I've just wasted an hour of your time," Glenn Beck

"WINNING!" Charlie Sheen

Sunhouse

C100_7697760_north_pole_santa_claus_house_and_winter_background_with_shining_sun_47695

Posts: 2543

Joined: 3/2/2009

Location: NOR

10/25/2011 8:04 AM

Flip sticK wrote: Interesting movie if any of you haven't seen it is bigger faster stronger. Perfromance enhancing drugs are everywhere, and you can bet your ass they are in mx. Especially if they aren't testing for them!? Hell if I had millions on the line and a chance to make history and there was a way to get a edge on the competition. I'd be all over it! Just me though........lol

One of the questions that movie asks is "what is a PED?". No one has answered that question in this thread yet. I´m still curious as to what is is considered one, and what is not...?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mstock: "I wait at the edge of my seat to hear athletes and celebrities mention a brand or product name. I then rush out and purchase said product regardless if I need the shit or not."

SuperMario

C100_audi_r18_e_tron_quattro_3

Posts: 150

Joined: 5/30/2011

Location: CAN

10/25/2011 8:08 AM

I'd bet dollars to donuts that this topic gets removed in due time, as the last thing this little clique of an industry wants is the fact that the racers are using PED's to become public.

Anyone recall what happened when Super Hunky wrote the "Rolling Stoned" article in Modern Cycle back in the mid 70's about racers using recreational drugs and racing?

Cygnus

C100_96780460_1279248218

Posts: 12718

Joined: 8/15/2006

Location: Hanover, CO USA

10/25/2011 8:10 AM

Sherwood wrote: Do you want people on heroin riding on a Sx/outdoor track with you?

Mod Killer wrote: of course not. but if safety is the concern, then they should outlaw whoops and triples. safety has nothing to do with it. when you see bubba completely concussed out of his mind, and requires help to get back on his bike FROM THE MEDICAL STAFF ....i dont want to hear anyone clamor about safety.

making heroin illegal isnt about safety. its about pushing the social agenda. which is a whole 'nother topic for another day.


the AMA doesnt pay the riders salary, its not their concern what the riders do recreationally.

if the riders unionized, and became true partners with the FIM and AMA, then i could see it being their problem as the riders now become a product that the sanctioning body is truly responsible for. and protecting that investment would warrant the testing for recreational drugs.

if a particular team wants to test its riders for rec drugs, go for it. but its none of the AMA's business. they need to stick to policing the technical integrity of the sport (which they fail at) before they start worrying about trivial stuff like recreational drugs.



i do know of one rider who popped a couple exstacy pills prior to the Vegas main on the starting line. didnt help much. but again, that was something for the team to police, and they didnt. they could care less, he already got them their championship.

txmxer wrote: i do know of one rider who popped a couple exstacy pills prior to the Vegas main on the starting line. didnt help much. but again, that was something for the team to police, and they didnt. they could care less, he already got them their championship.

Unless you saw it happen, I think I'd call BS on that.

I wouldn't necessarily. Even though I have never tried X I know that when you pop a pill it takes about twenty minuets to take effect. So the race would be over before the Effects hit. Actually if he timed it right the fire works would be really cool.

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

Post a Reply to: Performance Enhancing Drugs

To post, please join, log in or connect to Vital using your Facebook profile Fb_connect_sm