Performance Enhancing Drugs

MBR
10/27/2011 12:21am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2011 12:23am
http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/BARTOLINI-AND-VAN-DOORN-FAIL-DR…

GENEVA -- Italy's Andrea Bartolini and Dutchman Gert-Jan Van Doorn were suspended by the International Motorcycling Federation (FIM) on Friday after testing positive for banned substances at the Swiss round of the 500cc world motocross championships.

Van Doorn, who produced a positive result for the banned stimulant amfepramone will be suspended for 18 months while Bartolini will serve a six month ban after testing positive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone. Both bans are retroactive to the Aug. 12 race.

Bartolini was also stripped of the points, prize money and trophy for his fourth place finish and ordered to pay a fine of $3,000 as well as costs for the hearing.

Van Doorn was also fined $1,000 plus costs and had any points or results since his positive test withdrawn.

Both riders have 10 days to lodge an appeal.
themrtoad
10/27/2011 12:34am
themrtoad wrote:
In europe we actually caught Andrea Bartolini on steroids. I am convinced he had used them for a while before getting caught, and I guess that...
In europe we actually caught Andrea Bartolini on steroids. I am convinced he had used them for a while before getting caught, and I guess that means he didn't deserve his goldmedal in 500class.

I don't know if they found trace in his urine or blood. I do know that the guy that finished 2nd was clean, and in a fair world he would have won probably.

I think you have a cheating mentality in the US concerning PED's. Therefore I can never take the results your rider performe seriously. MX in general is really naiv against PED's. US mx is still in the stoneage.

I think all your arguments are bullshit. I want all cheaters to get caught. This only showes mx has a really long way to go before it should be taken seriously by anyone.

Finally...If i doubted some of the stuff before, now I'm convinced just how full of shit your topriders are.

I think the US guys will win in Lommel as well. They should have at least 10-15% over their opponents in stamina due to all the drugs.
Mod Killer wrote:
i think a lot of this thread got lost in translation for this guy. and all this sentiment really does is bring this discussion down to...
i think a lot of this thread got lost in translation for this guy.

and all this sentiment really does is bring this discussion down to the level of a simple AMA vs FIM argument.

he's clearly not aware that all the best drugs have always come from europe.

so lets all just agree to ignore this post.
Maybe the best drugs come from Europe, but they are not allowed and they are being tested for. I know the bad guys are always one step ahead, but at least they have to be really careful, think twice and can't go all out like guys racing AMA.

When was the last time an AMA rider got caught for steroids?

Are you so out of arguments that you have to bring it down to my crappy english. I want justice, fair play and the cheaters to get caught regardless of where they race. I understand it must be hard to defend cheaters, but that what they are regardless of all your long texts.

I'm sure you're totally okay if China or Russia puts their athletes on supersteroids, makes sure wada doesn't test them come next olympics and then they wipe the floor with the US athletes.

Tell me where the cheating ends, so I know which guy to root for in the nationals. Top 5? top 10? top 15?
Nerd
10/27/2011 12:41am
themrtoad wrote:
In europe we actually caught Andrea Bartolini on steroids. I am convinced he had used them for a while before getting caught, and I guess that...
In europe we actually caught Andrea Bartolini on steroids. I am convinced he had used them for a while before getting caught, and I guess that means he didn't deserve his goldmedal in 500class.

I don't know if they found trace in his urine or blood. I do know that the guy that finished 2nd was clean, and in a fair world he would have won probably.

I think you have a cheating mentality in the US concerning PED's. Therefore I can never take the results your rider performe seriously. MX in general is really naiv against PED's. US mx is still in the stoneage.

I think all your arguments are bullshit. I want all cheaters to get caught. This only showes mx has a really long way to go before it should be taken seriously by anyone.

Finally...If i doubted some of the stuff before, now I'm convinced just how full of shit your topriders are.

I think the US guys will win in Lommel as well. They should have at least 10-15% over their opponents in stamina due to all the drugs.
Mod Killer wrote:
i think a lot of this thread got lost in translation for this guy. and all this sentiment really does is bring this discussion down to...

and all this sentiment really does is bring this discussion down to the level of a simple AMA vs FIM argument.

themrtoad wrote:
Maybe the best drugs come from Europe, but they are not allowed and they are being tested for. I know the bad guys are always one...
Maybe the best drugs come from Europe, but they are not allowed and they are being tested for. I know the bad guys are always one step ahead, but at least they have to be really careful, think twice and can't go all out like guys racing AMA.

Are you so out of arguments that you have to bring it down to my crappy english. I want justice, fair play and the cheaters to get caught regardless of where they race. I understand it must be hard to defend cheaters, but that what they are regardless of all your long texts.

I'm sure you're totally okay if China or Russia puts their athletes on supersteroids, makes sure wada doesn't test them come next olympics and then they wipe the floor with the US athletes.

Tell me where the cheating ends, so I know which guy to root for in the nationals. Top 5? top 10? top 15?
When did you stop beating your wife?
themrtoad
10/27/2011 1:16am
Mod Killer wrote:

themrtoad wrote:
Maybe the best drugs come from Europe, but they are not allowed and they are being tested for. I know the bad guys are always one...

Nerd wrote:
Do you realize you just gave McCread the gift of the century in this thread?

BTW Nerd...I know you were in Ernée at the MXON. That's when I became convinced RC was from another planet. Townley rode superbly, was in the shape of his life but still had nothing in stamina for RC even though he had him covered in pure speed.
It was quite similar to when Per Elofsson had to surrender to another skied on steroids in the world championship. The difference is that in other sports they try to catch them at least.

You know I'm right and I'm sure it hurts, but please leave my wife out of this.

The Shop

Mod Killer
10/27/2011 1:24am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2011 1:53am
themrtoad wrote:

no, im not trying to insult you for your crappy english. your english is better than my sweedish.

i honestly think you lost a lot of what was said in translation. tone and context are hard enough to convey via written words. throw in a language barrier and it makes it that much harder to properly articulate an argument so that the person on the other end can properly understand what one is saying and possibly get my point across accurately.

you made the simple statement that "all of your arguments are shit". no specifics. no reasoning. no nothing. it reeked of stubborn ignorance. so please dont accuse me of being out of arguments. ive been very patient with everyone here and said the same thing over and over again in several different ways so that most anyone could understand where i was coming from. if you have a problem with anything that myself, or nerd, or anyone else in here have said, please tell us why. because i guarantee that you opinion stems from not the facts, but a lack of perspective. which is clearly evident by the high regard you hold your european hero's.

lets be real here. its not in luongo's best interest to bust any of his top guys. he's barely keeping them from jumping the pond as it is.

this isnt a matter of "americans are cheaters by nature and europeans arent". the TDF is made up of mostly europeans and they all use. F1 is as european as it gets and they are all cheaters in one fashion or the other. competition is competition. it knows no national/regional boundaries.

you want to know where the cheating ends? first define cheating. cause as far as i know, the shit people are doing isnt tested for nor banned (please someone correct me if im wrong). those who arent "cheating" arent being honest with themselves about winning championships imo. and they certainly arent near the sharp end of the grid. and if someone is "clean" (whatever that means) and they are at the top, chances are their bike isnt legal by the letter of the law (nor are they able to make it thru the entire season injury free cause they have to ride over their heads just to contend). i know there is severe cheating that is going on with the bikes, but it isnt enforced so is it really cheating? give johnny privateer a factory bike with worx suspension and traction control and he'd still be struggling to make the main. the guys who are at the top are competing solely with themselves, and it aint predominantly cause of their equipment or their possible "illegal" training methods.

this is motorsport, cheating is a integral part of the game. always has, and always will. we really shouldnt romanticize "fair play" like we do. its just not an accurate depiction of how things really operate or what we truly ask of our athletes.

root for the guy you can identify with and/or the guy that entertains you. and just be happy with that. dont hold him to any higher standard than you hold yourself and you'll never be heartbroken. if u cannot relate to the uber competitive machines like dungey and the likes, than they arent the guys for you. maybe JLaw is more your type. or maybe a good kid like jimmy albertson, nice guy, very talented, funny, 100% "clean" on and off the track. i dont know what youre like and what entertains you so i cannot really say who you should root for specifically. but i hardly think that their training methods and sacrifices made for the sport should be held against a rider and this certainly is NOT a AMA vs FIM thing.
themrtoad
10/27/2011 1:59am
Mod Killer wrote:
no, im not trying to insult you for your crappy english. your english is better than my sweedish. i honestly think you lost a lot of...
no, im not trying to insult you for your crappy english. your english is better than my sweedish.

i honestly think you lost a lot of what was said in translation. tone and context are hard enough to convey via written words. throw in a language barrier and it makes it that much harder to properly articulate an argument so that the person on the other end can properly understand what one is saying and possibly get my point across accurately.

you made the simple statement that "all of your arguments are shit". no specifics. no reasoning. no nothing. it reeked of stubborn ignorance. so please dont accuse me of being out of arguments. ive been very patient with everyone here and said the same thing over and over again in several different ways so that most anyone could understand where i was coming from. if you have a problem with anything that myself, or nerd, or anyone else in here have said, please tell us why. because i guarantee that you opinion stems from not the facts, but a lack of perspective. which is clearly evident by the high regard you hold your european hero's.

lets be real here. its not in luongo's best interest to bust any of his top guys. he's barely keeping them from jumping the pond as it is.

this isnt a matter of "americans are cheaters by nature and europeans arent". the TDF is made up of mostly europeans and they all use. F1 is as european as it gets and they are all cheaters in one fashion or the other. competition is competition. it knows no national/regional boundaries.

you want to know where the cheating ends? first define cheating. cause as far as i know, the shit people are doing isnt tested for nor banned (please someone correct me if im wrong). those who arent "cheating" arent being honest with themselves about winning championships imo. and they certainly arent near the sharp end of the grid. and if someone is "clean" (whatever that means) and they are at the top, chances are their bike isnt legal by the letter of the law (nor are they able to make it thru the entire season injury free cause they have to ride over their heads just to contend). i know there is severe cheating that is going on with the bikes, but it isnt enforced so is it really cheating? give johnny privateer a factory bike with worx suspension and traction control and he'd still be struggling to make the main. the guys who are at the top are competing solely with themselves, and it aint predominantly cause of their equipment or their possible "illegal" training methods.

this is motorsport, cheating is a integral part of the game. always has, and always will. we really shouldnt romanticize "fair play" like we do. its just not an accurate depiction of how things really operate or what we truly ask of our athletes.

root for the guy you can identify with and/or the guy that entertains you. and just be happy with that. dont hold him to any higher standard than you hold yourself and you'll never be heartbroken. if u cannot relate to the uber competitive machines like dungey and the likes, than they arent the guys for you. maybe JLaw is more your type. or maybe a good kid like jimmy albertson, nice guy, very talented, funny, 100% "clean" on and off the track. i dont know what youre like and what entertains you so i cannot really say who you should root for specifically. but i hardly think that their training methods and sacrifices made for the sport should be held against a rider and this certainly is NOT a AMA vs FIM thing.
I think the rules should be the same with fuel, noise and PED's in all series.

Mx is dangerous as it is, so why not go ahead and let them do all PED's they like on both sides of the pond. On the other hand I feel kind of sorry for RC. His body survived his racing career, but what has all the PED's done to his internal organs?

You are having a discussion based on values and rules in the US. To a european you're actually confessing you're guilty to all sorts of stuff. As it is top europeans and tom ama riders don't race each other regularly. When a european rider moves to the US I'm sure he modifies his programme with PED's that would make him a cheater in his native country. Since AMA has no laws against PED's it becomes cheating when they race people who train and race with different rules.

In most sports USbased athelets compete under the same rules as the rest of the world. The bottom line is that it's stupid and silly to divide a small sport into two series with different rules. It's only in the interest of the "insiders" and pretend to be journalists. I think most fans can handle the truth, and want to see the best in the world race each other with fair rules.

I know european riders are based in Belgium surrounden by cyclists and visits the same doctors etc. They don't pay their trainers 1 million dollar a year though, which tells you something about the level of cheating here/there.
burba437
10/27/2011 2:04am
just drink race fuel youll go faster and i makes you feel better thats my training right there
themrtoad
10/27/2011 2:12am
burba437 wrote:
just drink race fuel youll go faster and i makes you feel better thats my training right there
only if you can find my the good leaded stuff. I'm a twostroke and can't work properly with unleaded fule.
Mod Killer
10/27/2011 2:15am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2011 2:39am
if luongo isnt testing blood, he's not really testing. and that makes the euro's just as suspect as us.

does he test the blood?

and if he did, do you really think he would bust a top guy that he's already struggling to keep from jumping ship? i say, no way he'd ever bust a golden goose like roczen or cairoli (they are just examples of goose's, please dont read into the fact that i used their names).

or maybe you are right, all euro's are legal. and some of the top guys dont come over because they dont want to compete with these stakes. fair enough. i guess there is a slight chance of that. the mxdn results of the last 10 years sure do show evidence of this disparity. if weve given mccread some legitimate ammo, so be it. but until luongo starts legitimately testing, mccread will be shooting blanks.

i dont know if some of you are aware or not, but lance armstrong has failed tests before. large donations from his charities to the testing org's prevented his name from being tarnished. my point is, politics are politics. and europe isnt immune to them. certainly not luongo.

the rest of your post is intelligent. and youve actually legitimately found a way to bring the FIM vs AMA debate into this discussion. well played sir. before we know it somehow 2t's vs 4's will be involved as well as the merits of the leatt brace. maybe this thread has 10 more pages in it. i hope not.
robkinuk
10/27/2011 3:13am
Why are Giuseppe Luongo or Davey Coombs names being dragged into this argument??

It's not up to them to apply the rules to this sport. That rests with the FIM & AMA to ensure riders are clean.
themrtoad
10/27/2011 3:30am
robkinuk wrote:
Why are Giuseppe Luongo or Davey Coombs names being dragged into this argument?? It's not up to them to apply the rules to this sport. That...
Why are Giuseppe Luongo or Davey Coombs names being dragged into this argument??

It's not up to them to apply the rules to this sport. That rests with the FIM & AMA to ensure riders are clean.
You are right about that...I have a feeling though that Wolfgang Srb and Guiseppe have a agreement how they can avoid to step into something that won't benefit either of them, but that's just a feeling. I shouldn't have mentioned Coombs.
themrtoad
10/27/2011 4:57am
Mod Killer wrote:
if luongo isnt testing blood, he's not really testing. and that makes the euro's just as suspect as us. does he test the blood? and if...
if luongo isnt testing blood, he's not really testing. and that makes the euro's just as suspect as us.

does he test the blood?

and if he did, do you really think he would bust a top guy that he's already struggling to keep from jumping ship? i say, no way he'd ever bust a golden goose like roczen or cairoli (they are just examples of goose's, please dont read into the fact that i used their names).

or maybe you are right, all euro's are legal. and some of the top guys dont come over because they dont want to compete with these stakes. fair enough. i guess there is a slight chance of that. the mxdn results of the last 10 years sure do show evidence of this disparity. if weve given mccread some legitimate ammo, so be it. but until luongo starts legitimately testing, mccread will be shooting blanks.

i dont know if some of you are aware or not, but lance armstrong has failed tests before. large donations from his charities to the testing org's prevented his name from being tarnished. my point is, politics are politics. and europe isnt immune to them. certainly not luongo.

the rest of your post is intelligent. and youve actually legitimately found a way to bring the FIM vs AMA debate into this discussion. well played sir. before we know it somehow 2t's vs 4's will be involved as well as the merits of the leatt brace. maybe this thread has 10 more pages in it. i hope not.
I'm defending a system where we don't want to see any PED's. That's the policy of almost all sports worldwide, and they conduct tests to prevent the atheletes from doing so. If an athlete get caught, he will loose his medal, pricemoney and at least in Sweden all of his sponsors.

You are defending a system that is totally different. You can't fool me to belive that the difference is down to exactly how they conduct the tests in different sports.

Let's say the guys doing PED's in tour de france, Balco Lab etc is the leading duo and the guys chasing them is the best PED hunters. If the PED hunters in european MX isn't up to the standard of those chasing lance Armstrong, it still doesn't put us on the same level as a country where there are no rules.

Since we are eager to discuss weight limits, sound levels and fuel regulations in our benchracing I think we shall include this as well. just admit that we are comparing apples and oranges every year at mxdn. The same guys would win on either side of the pond with or without PED's. They are the most talented, are working the hardest etc. What if all euro riders were allowed to use anabolic steroids and not the ama riders? would the result be the same?

I'm a fan, I'm curious, aren't you?
yosmithy
10/27/2011 5:37am
yosmithy wrote:
For the sake of conversation, why not start with this list of banned substances as

PEDs
Nerd wrote:
Those are examples, not a definition.
Performance-enhancing drugs are substances used by athletes to improve their performances in the sports in which they engage.
Flatliner
10/27/2011 7:41am
If anyone was taking anything it would all need to be endurance and recovery based supplement's. Strength really means very little in motocross, these guys at the top of the sport are all very light guys, yet they throw around those bikes like nothing, but with technique, not overall power.

If you were to put the top 20 mx riders in the world through nfl combine type tests the results wouldn't be very good at all. Not that they aren't very well conditioned, but getting 20 plus reps with 225 really has no merit on a dirtbike.

I guess what I'm saying is you wouldn't see guys testing positive for typical strength building drugs, the various forms of testosterone, and other product's like it.
Nerd
10/27/2011 9:15am
mxpunk wrote:
this thread is really dumb "well, i know someone whos a pro who does PED's but i dnt wanan say their name" if you aren't gonna...
this thread is really dumb

"well, i know someone whos a pro who does PED's but i dnt wanan say their name"

if you aren't gonna say their name, dont fucking bring it up!!
motoxxx599 wrote:
Agreed.
mxpunk wrote:
FYI, ecstacy isn't a PED !!! lolol
X is an amphetamine...
Nerd
10/27/2011 9:19am
yosmithy wrote:
For the sake of conversation, why not start with this list of banned substances as

PEDs
Nerd wrote:
Those are examples, not a definition.
yosmithy wrote:
Performance-enhancing drugs are substances used by athletes to improve their performances in the sports in which they engage.
Exactly. Which obviously brings into question how some things are deemed PEDs (such as hormones your body makes anyway) and other things are not (such as cortisone shots or even Advil), even though they are both "used by athletes to improve their performances in the sports in which they engage."
Nerd
10/27/2011 9:21am
themrtoad wrote:

Nerd wrote:
themrtoad wrote:
Do you realize you just gave McCread the gift of the century in this thread? BTW Nerd...I know you were in Ernée at the MXON. That's...
Do you realize you just gave McCread the gift of the century in this thread?

BTW Nerd...I know you were in Ernée at the MXON. That's when I became convinced RC was from another planet. Townley rode superbly, was in the shape of his life but still had nothing in stamina for RC even though he had him covered in pure speed.
It was quite similar to when Per Elofsson had to surrender to another skied on steroids in the world championship. The difference is that in other sports they try to catch them at least.

You know I'm right and I'm sure it hurts, but please leave my wife out of this.
Townley was not going faster than RC. Sorry. He was going the same speed and stayed the same distance behind. They were basically dead equal for that entire moto, but RC was in front.

So, no, I don't "know you're right".

And the reason I asked when you stopped beating your wife is that's the same thing you're doing here: Presuming things you don't know to be true, and asking questions that by answering them would admit guilt.

I was simply returning your way of thinking back to you.

The FIM tested all of Team USA in France. They were clean. What does this tell you?
mxpunk
10/27/2011 9:24am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2011 9:27am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Agreed.
mxpunk wrote:
Nerd wrote:
X is an amphetamine...
I'm not big on drugs..I used to smoke alot of weed. I drink on occasion. I used to take adderall for my "add" when i was a kid..thank god i stopped taking that garbage. i never took it for fun, i legitimately couldn't sit still and it helped alot, but it was a prescription.

But, alot of my friends in highschool were heavy drug users and i've been around enough people on X to know they were in no shape to go 30 +2.

X has amphetamines in it, but it isn't the sole chemical in the drug.

Amphetamine itself would be a PED, such as an adderall. but i used to ride on adderall and i dont think it made me a better rider, it just helped me get awake in the morning but i still rode a TON on it!

honestly..adderall just made cleaning the bike afterwards more fun because i'd make sure the fucking thing was clean enough to eat off of.
Nerd
10/27/2011 9:29am
Mod Killer wrote:
if luongo isnt testing blood, he's not really testing. and that makes the euro's just as suspect as us. does he test the blood? and if...

does he test the blood?

themrtoad wrote:
I'm defending a system where we don't want to see any PED's. That's the policy of almost all sports worldwide, and they conduct tests to prevent...
I'm defending a system where we don't want to see any PED's. That's the policy of almost all sports worldwide, and they conduct tests to prevent the atheletes from doing so. If an athlete get caught, he will loose his medal, pricemoney and at least in Sweden all of his sponsors.

You are defending a system that is totally different. You can't fool me to belive that the difference is down to exactly how they conduct the tests in different sports.

Let's say the guys doing PED's in tour de france, Balco Lab etc is the leading duo and the guys chasing them is the best PED hunters. If the PED hunters in european MX isn't up to the standard of those chasing lance Armstrong, it still doesn't put us on the same level as a country where there are no rules.

Since we are eager to discuss weight limits, sound levels and fuel regulations in our benchracing I think we shall include this as well. just admit that we are comparing apples and oranges every year at mxdn. The same guys would win on either side of the pond with or without PED's. They are the most talented, are working the hardest etc. What if all euro riders were allowed to use anabolic steroids and not the ama riders? would the result be the same?

Not for nothing, but PEDs don't make it so the athlete doesn't have to work as hard. Mainly, they help with recovery, which allows the athlete to work HARDER and MORE OFTEN without wearing themselves down.

This is another misconception about PEDs. They don't make athletes lazy. They make athletes work WAY MORE than they otherwise could.
Nerd
10/27/2011 9:30am
mxpunk wrote:
Nerd wrote:
X is an amphetamine...
mxpunk wrote:
I'm not big on drugs..I used to smoke alot of weed. I drink on occasion. I used to take adderall for my "add" when i was...
I'm not big on drugs..I used to smoke alot of weed. I drink on occasion. I used to take adderall for my "add" when i was a kid..thank god i stopped taking that garbage. i never took it for fun, i legitimately couldn't sit still and it helped alot, but it was a prescription.

But, alot of my friends in highschool were heavy drug users and i've been around enough people on X to know they were in no shape to go 30 +2.

Amphetamine itself would be a PED, such as an adderall. but i used to ride on adderall and i dont think it made me a better rider, it just helped me get awake in the morning but i still rode a TON on it!

honestly..adderall just made cleaning the bike afterwards more fun because i'd make sure the fucking thing was clean enough to eat off of.
Adderall DEFINITELY makes me a better rider. Not because of physical advantages, but my focus is so much better it's ridiculous. Too bad I didn't have that when I was racing!
10/27/2011 9:45am
Nerd wrote:
X is an amphetamine...
mxpunk wrote:
I'm not big on drugs..I used to smoke alot of weed. I drink on occasion. I used to take adderall for my "add" when i was...

Nerd wrote:
Adderall DEFINITELY makes me a better rider. Not because of physical advantages, but my focus is so much better it's ridiculous. Too bad I didn't have...
Adderall DEFINITELY makes me a better rider. Not because of physical advantages, but my focus is so much better it's ridiculous. Too bad I didn't have that when I was racing!
Then that would certain make it a PED now, wouldn't it?
Nerd
10/27/2011 9:57am
mxpunk wrote:

Nerd wrote:
Adderall DEFINITELY makes me a better rider. Not because of physical advantages, but my focus is so much better it's ridiculous. Too bad I didn't have...
SuperMario wrote:
Then that would certain make it a PED now, wouldn't it?
Yes, it's a "performance enhancing drug" in that it would enhance your performance, but if you have ADD, as I do, you could (and should) get a prescription, and then that medicine would help you focus as well as someone who does not have ADD.

So, really, all it does is level the playing field for people who have ADD. And it's perfectly legal in all IOC-regulated sports as long as you have a prescription.

In other words, it's not against the rules.
10/27/2011 10:03am
As long as you have a prescription.

But what if somebody that doesn't have ADD was found using it, then what?
themrtoad
10/27/2011 10:22am
Nerd wrote:
Not for nothing, but PEDs don't make it so the athlete doesn't have to work as hard. Mainly, they help with recovery, which allows the athlete...
Not for nothing, but PEDs don't make it so the athlete doesn't have to work as hard. Mainly, they help with recovery, which allows the athlete to work HARDER and MORE OFTEN without wearing themselves down.

This is another misconception about PEDs. They don't make athletes lazy. They make athletes work WAY MORE than they otherwise could.
I never stated something else. I understand the benefits of different drugs/medicines/steroides etc and it will give the upper hand to the one that's using them against their twinbrother that's not if they both try their best.
Nerd
10/27/2011 10:23am
SuperMario wrote:
As long as you have a prescription.

But what if somebody that doesn't have ADD was found using it, then what?
Nobody would be that stupid. Amphetamines (such as Adderall) show up like crazy in urine. There's no way to mask it. It just shows up.

But if someone was caught, and they didn't have a prescription, obviously it would be considered cheating. Someone who doesn't have ADD, taking Adderall, would have some pretty intense physical effects that people with ADD don't really get.
Mod Killer
10/27/2011 10:35am
themrtoad wrote:
I'm defending a system where we don't want to see any PED's. That's the policy of almost all sports worldwide, and they conduct tests to prevent...

its a legitimate question to be curious about. but like nerd said, PED's dont reflect a lazy athlete, it actually shows someone who is willing to sacrifice more.

this isnt a matter of the euro's having better morals. if they wanted to skirt the rules, they could, and common sense would say they do.

my question for you, since you want to see a sport/system without PED's is why? what is your gripe with them? and where do you draw the line as to what PED's are ok with you and what are a problem?

if you want to see mx racing without (results altering) PED use and legal bikes.....just go watch the experts/pros at a amateur local race. you'll see some good battles. but if you want to see the best of the best, the hyper-competitive, ur always gonna have to take the good with the ugly. im not defending this system as much as i simply accept it for what it is. swimming upstream gets you nowhere.
themrtoad
10/27/2011 10:35am
Nerd wrote:
Townley was not going faster than RC. Sorry. He was going the same speed and stayed the same distance behind. They were basically dead equal for...
Townley was not going faster than RC. Sorry. He was going the same speed and stayed the same distance behind. They were basically dead equal for that entire moto, but RC was in front.

So, no, I don't "know you're right".

And the reason I asked when you stopped beating your wife is that's the same thing you're doing here: Presuming things you don't know to be true, and asking questions that by answering them would admit guilt.

I was simply returning your way of thinking back to you.

The FIM tested all of Team USA in France. They were clean. What does this tell you?
I would say Townley actually rode "better" than RC. But RC had so much more in stamina. After the race BT was finished, and RC looked like he was ready to go another 35 minutes. I find it weird that the best rider in the world, and the 2nd best rider in the world that day was separated by so much in stamina.

I will go out on a limb and say that the tests conducted maybe was done just to please the audience. The real fans of the sport can't handle the truth unlike journalists, insiders and promotors.

Either that or the riders that usually use illegal substances had found a way to get their levels down in time for MXDN. I think a trainer/doctor that's paid a fortune can actually make that happen, and the effect of being able to train harder their whole careers due to PED's were still there. Isn't that what it's all about everywhere else in the world where they try to avoid being caught as they do have rules. What does this tell you?
themrtoad
10/27/2011 10:40am
Mod Killer wrote:
its a legitimate question to be curious about. but like nerd said, PED's dont reflect a lazy athlete, it actually shows someone who is willing to...
its a legitimate question to be curious about. but like nerd said, PED's dont reflect a lazy athlete, it actually shows someone who is willing to sacrifice more.

this isnt a matter of the euro's having better morals. if they wanted to skirt the rules, they could, and common sense would say they do.

my question for you, since you want to see a sport/system without PED's is why? what is your gripe with them? and where do you draw the line as to what PED's are ok with you and what are a problem?

if you want to see mx racing without (results altering) PED use and legal bikes.....just go watch the experts/pros at a amateur local race. you'll see some good battles. but if you want to see the best of the best, the hyper-competitive, ur always gonna have to take the good with the ugly. im not defending this system as much as i simply accept it for what it is. swimming upstream gets you nowhere.
The same rules there as here, or vice versa would even the field.
Nerd
10/27/2011 10:58am
Mod Killer wrote:
its a legitimate question to be curious about. but like nerd said, PED's dont reflect a lazy athlete, it actually shows someone who is willing to...

themrtoad wrote:
The same rules there as here, or vice versa would even the field.
The rules are the same. Both AMA and FIM use IOC as a guideline for PEDs. And both only test urine.

Post a reply to: Performance Enhancing Drugs

The Latest