Peoria TT

mxtech1
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 7:33pm
Anybody go?

Henry Wiles wins , 1st race of the year coming off and injury.

Good racing in both classes.

Sad to see a legend, chris carr, on his farewell tour. He definately had the crowd support and respect for the lifetime acheivements he has accomplished through his racing career.
|
8/22/2011 5:52am
I have been every year till my midget started school, now we would get back too late for him to get sleep for school, damn kids. I was craving a PMC burger yesterday morning too.
mxtech1
8/22/2011 5:56am
I have been every year till my midget started school, now we would get back too late for him to get sleep for school, damn kids...
I have been every year till my midget started school, now we would get back too late for him to get sleep for school, damn kids. I was craving a PMC burger yesterday morning too.
lol! I had 2 burgers and they were delicious as ever
kaw rider9
8/22/2011 6:01am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2011 6:01am
Friday night at the Speedway was GREAT racing! Carr took first place in a kick ass battle with Mees.

Sunday was a good day. Nice weather and a good crowd. Henry(Wiles) got the holeshot and checked out. Mees caught up to within a couple of bike lengths, but ran out of time and took second place. Slammin' Sammy took third, Jake Johnson took fourth, local rider Rob Pearson took fifth and Chris Carr charged from 12th, to sixth....

Chris Carr is a fan favorite! He took a lap around the track with his son on the bike and everyone of the 16,000 people in attendance were on their feet cheering him on. Chris actually shed a tear at the great reception!

This was Wiles seventh straight win in a row. One more and he'll tie Carr with eight consecutive wins.

Springfield mile is in two weeks. Kick ass short track on Friday and Saturday, with the Mile on Sunday. If anyone goes, PM me for my cell number. I'll stop working and chat or have a cold one with ya. Just don't try to steal any banners. We have damn good security!
kaw rider9
8/22/2011 6:05am
Butterfly pork chop and a PMC burger for this guy! Good stuff!

Mxtech, you gonna hit the mile?

The Shop

TX24
8/22/2011 6:12am
I've been several times. They have had that race since 1947!
JPT
8/22/2011 7:11am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2011 7:11am
Hit it a bunch of times from '69 to '76. Don't think it's been the same since they quit running the 750's.

neysbo
8/22/2011 7:24am
It was a great weekend for the whole racing scene around Peoria. The TT was awesome as usual. Fridays racing at the Speedway was excellent as well. Did not make Galesburg as went downtown and watched Nugent- which was kick ass.
8/22/2011 7:26am
neysbo wrote:
It was a great weekend for the whole racing scene around Peoria. The TT was awesome as usual. Fridays racing at the Speedway was excellent as...
It was a great weekend for the whole racing scene around Peoria. The TT was awesome as usual. Fridays racing at the Speedway was excellent as well. Did not make Galesburg as went downtown and watched Nugent- which was kick ass.
The Nuge played at the riverfest? Damn I wish I could have gone.
neysbo
8/22/2011 7:28am
neysbo wrote:
It was a great weekend for the whole racing scene around Peoria. The TT was awesome as usual. Fridays racing at the Speedway was excellent as...
The Nuge played at the riverfest? Damn I wish I could have gone.
yep. He is 63 and put on one heck of a show. The estimates were that 15,000 people were down on the Riverfront for the concert.
kaw rider9
8/22/2011 7:29am
neysbo wrote:
Same here... Friday night at the Speedway, Saturday on the river for Nugent and Sunday at the TT's. I didn't work to much at the races though, so that made more time for drinking a few beers!
8/22/2011 7:39am
The TT's is like a family reunion for us because the whole family is dirt track fans. My grandparents and uncle live right down the road from you neysbo, in Chilli and Rome.
neysbo
8/22/2011 7:53am
The TT's is like a family reunion for us because the whole family is dirt track fans. My grandparents and uncle live right down the road...
The TT's is like a family reunion for us because the whole family is dirt track fans. My grandparents and uncle live right down the road from you neysbo, in Chilli and Rome.
oh man that is real close, I live 5 miles West of Chili , up off Hallock Hollow Raod. I bet they are all Pearson fans hopefully. Bugs had his best GNC finish in along time, he got 4th.

Kaw Rider 9- are you by chance the one who had the 2006 kx250 two stroke on craigslist ?
8/22/2011 7:56am
neysbo wrote:
oh man that is real close, I live 5 miles West of Chili , up off Hallock Hollow Raod. I bet they are all Pearson fans...
oh man that is real close, I live 5 miles West of Chili , up off Hallock Hollow Raod. I bet they are all Pearson fans hopefully. Bugs had his best GNC finish in along time, he got 4th.

Kaw Rider 9- are you by chance the one who had the 2006 kx250 two stroke on craigslist ?
My cousin went to school with bugs, my uncle bugs him in the pits everytime he sees him.
8/22/2011 8:06am
The Rock wrote:
This event is on my bucket list
You must go, there is nothing like standing in that little break in the fence at turn one and getting dirt in your beer from a bike kicked sideways at 98mph two feet away but completely silent. Since they are off the gas for the corner at that point, you can hear the tire skidding on the dirt--absolutely amazing.

Anyone got any photos of that spot in the fence at turn one?
mxtech1
8/22/2011 9:27am
kaw rider9 wrote:
Butterfly pork chop and a PMC burger for this guy! Good stuff!

Mxtech, you gonna hit the mile?
Yea I plan on being at the mile as long as i'm not working. You? Where you from?
kaw rider9
8/22/2011 9:29am
The Rock wrote:
This event is on my bucket list
You must go, there is nothing like standing in that little break in the fence at turn one and getting dirt in your beer from a...
You must go, there is nothing like standing in that little break in the fence at turn one and getting dirt in your beer from a bike kicked sideways at 98mph two feet away but completely silent. Since they are off the gas for the corner at that point, you can hear the tire skidding on the dirt--absolutely amazing.

Anyone got any photos of that spot in the fence at turn one?
I have pics from every corner of the track. What are you wanting exactly?

No, not one of my bikes on CL.
mxtech1
8/22/2011 9:34am
Galesburg featured great racing saturday night. We got a small scare during heat races from the weather, but after a short delay mother nature decided to play nice and blew the rain out of the area.

There was good racing in every class from the 50's to the experts. Expert 1-2-3 finishers went wheel to wheel for 25 laps, which was great to see on such a tight track.

Something interesting caught my eye with Henry Wiles at the Peoria TT. He is backed by Kawasaki/Monster/Thor. On the front of his jersey he was running a two-two motorsports logo?? There is a good picture of it on cyclenews.com During his podium interview he mentioned two-two motorsports in his thank you list of sponsors.

Anyone know what the connection is between Wiles and Chad Reed or two-two motorsports? I would be skeptical to believe that Reed would be backing other forms of cycle racing when he is a first year team and has enough on his plate to keep him busy. This is interesting.
kaw rider9
8/22/2011 9:35am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2011 9:36am
This is last year, is that what you're talking about?

I haven't gone through my pics from yesterday.
kaw rider9
8/22/2011 9:38am
I'll ask Henry about team two-two in Springfield.
8/22/2011 9:47am

Ha, I found one. Where the race line starts to turn, the fence that goes from the back of the tower meets the fence lining the track just before it gets taller for the corner. There is only about three feet of the short fence directly next to the track. If I could put an arrow on it i would. The bikes are litearally sliding at your feet, that is my favorite part of the TT's.
8/22/2011 9:59am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2011 10:03am

I found this photo from last year, see the tall, really tall guy next to the fence? Well that's my uncle ha! But that is the spot.

The video is crappy but you get the idea.
8/22/2011 9:01pm
When Peoria was oiled ,before the EPA days, the 750's were a hell of a show on that track. Nothing like the sound of the twins booming through the place.

Post a reply to: Peoria TT

The Latest