Peick comment in Observations column

Switch
Edited Date/Time 5/9/2015 4:47pm
I know Steve and Lou both post here at times, wondering if there is any background behind the comment below? Who are these "people", the ones that expect podiums all of a sudden? Interesting comment, I'm just curious.

3. 23 Weston Peick; Menifee, CA; Yamaha YZ450F – Another 450SX race and another podium for Peick—yawn. It’s funny to me to see Peick have these “people” around him that probably didn’t know his name two years ago. When you’ve been going to the races since 1996, you notice these things. I don’t know Weston that well, but I think he knows the deal with some of these guys. At least, I hope so.
|
spd721
5/6/2015 2:15pm
He's talking about the "man friends" and "doctors" that only come around when a rider is doing well.
TailSoHard
5/6/2015 2:24pm
They're talking about the people that used to hang around Barcia
mtl
5/6/2015 3:01pm
My impression of Weston is that he can see right through that shit.

The Shop

gt80rider
5/6/2015 3:03pm
TailSoHard wrote:
They're talking about the people that used to hang around Barcia
Best post of the day right there...
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
5/6/2015 4:49pm
mtl wrote:
My impression of Weston is that he can see right through that shit.
Agreed, Peick is a Nihilist, he doesn't give a fuck.
jeffro503
5/6/2015 6:42pm
I met Lou and Weston like 4yrs ago. Been a big supporter of Weston ever since. I get along with Lou real well and those guys are just normal dudes that love this sport. They remind me of a lot of my other riding buddies in which I've had all my life. Just good people and it's why I cheer for them. Both of them are cool as hell , and what tops everything else off , is I know how bad Weston wants to make this shit work. His determination is more impressive than any other rider I've ever met.

Look at where he was 2yrs ago. Fighting in LCQ's to get into the night show. Now.....there have been nights where he's posted top 3 in the fastest qualifying times. Huge improvement in 2yrs!
TallonT911
5/6/2015 8:49pm
My favorite quote of the ex season was "Peick is worth every penny JGR is paying Barcia" haha
Motoxdoc
5/6/2015 9:04pm
IMO....not a chance of this ^^^^^^ Weston has come too far/improved too much to stop gettin better now!
5/6/2015 9:10pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
IMO....not a chance of this ^^^^^^ Weston has come too far/improved too much to stop gettin better now!
Agreed. If Dungey is a Diesel, then Peick is a Steam Engine. That thing is just getting warmed up too...hate on me all you want but I suspect a moto win from him this year.
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
5/6/2015 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2015 9:25pm
Back in the 70's and 80's, it was possible to come "out of nowhere" and get a factory ride. Not easy, but it happened.

John Dowd was the last one 20 years ago (last one I can recall), since then I cannot think of another rider who made it from obscurity to factory status (yes JGR is factory status).

The past 20 years, unless you were a top rated amateur with success at LL and/or the big amateur nationals, you did not stand a chance of making it to the top level of this sport.

WP had no amateur record at all, and beat those odds- pretty amazing. And it's a fun journey to follow.

And to "Tailsohard"- the Barcia comment had me laughing....Laughing

Dissident
5/6/2015 10:15pm
TallonT911 wrote:
My favorite quote of the ex season was "Peick is worth every penny JGR is paying Barcia" haha
LMAO.

sad but true. im def a weston peick fan!!

think about it- he never went to LL and hes close to the top of the sport now
Dissident
5/6/2015 10:18pm
na..guys like Barcia are toast after they hit 25 (peak of their career)

Weston went to high school and had a normal child hood..meaning he wasnt doing motos since he was 4 and training like a maniac. I'd be willing to bet he has drank beer and smoked weed at high school parties and whatnot
5/6/2015 10:27pm
AZ35 wrote:
Back in the 70's and 80's, it was possible to come "out of nowhere" and get a factory ride. Not easy, but it happened. John Dowd...
Back in the 70's and 80's, it was possible to come "out of nowhere" and get a factory ride. Not easy, but it happened.

John Dowd was the last one 20 years ago (last one I can recall), since then I cannot think of another rider who made it from obscurity to factory status (yes JGR is factory status).

The past 20 years, unless you were a top rated amateur with success at LL and/or the big amateur nationals, you did not stand a chance of making it to the top level of this sport.

WP had no amateur record at all, and beat those odds- pretty amazing. And it's a fun journey to follow.

And to "Tailsohard"- the Barcia comment had me laughing....Laughing

You mean other than Dungey..
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
5/6/2015 10:40pm
Dungey went from B class amateur prospect to factory ride.

I get your point, but Dungey was more Roger D having some great intuition and picking the right amateur to hand a factory ride.

Dungey went straight from B amateur to factory, which is incredible in itself, and deserving of the accomplishments.

But Dungey never raced as a pro driving himself to the races, or on a privateer team, struggling for support. He just showed the right talent to the right person and it turned into a great (legendary) decision. But that decision was made at the amateur level, not after he turned pro and tried to make it on his own.
5/6/2015 10:45pm
You're either a deliberate troll. Or someone who over uses sarcasm. Or someone who is a complete fucking moron.

Or all three!!!

And before you chastise me for using a personal attack against you (because that's your go-to rebuttal) I don't care. Fuck you. How's that for personal.
5/6/2015 10:56pm
So what was his minibike and amateur riding like. Wish someone would do a full story on where he came from to where he is. Would be a good read.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/7/2015 12:09am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2015 12:11am
You're either a deliberate troll. Or someone who over uses sarcasm. Or someone who is a complete fucking moron. Or all three!!! And before you chastise...
You're either a deliberate troll. Or someone who over uses sarcasm. Or someone who is a complete fucking moron.

Or all three!!!

And before you chastise me for using a personal attack against you (because that's your go-to rebuttal) I don't care. Fuck you. How's that for personal.
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

The Keyboard Warrior is a knucklehead !!

BTW- Weston has a Lorrettas CHAMPIONSHIP. As a matter of fact, he's been to Lorrettas TWICE. He has been racing MX since he was very young. I've known the family since around 1999, Weston and my son grew up racing together. Weston was never a stand our rider, but I believe he was racing for fun and not really trying to become the next big thing . He decided to take a break from racing, which was probably the best decision he ever made. He came back to the sport, started racing again and stepped up his game. Then went on to win a title @ Lorrettas in the B class in 2008.

http://llvault.racerxonline.com/rider/weston-peick/races

Weston is proof that hard work can pay off.... He has put in the work and is FINALLY reaping the benefits of his efforts. I get so damn tired of all the haters that come on the forum, with NO knowledge of WTF they're talking about. (Not in reference to this thread) I can understand the band wagon jumping that can cause others to go the opposite direction, but I don't understand why they feel the need to talk $hit about him. I have found out that MOST people on this forum don't have a clue what they are talking about and probably don't even ride, let alone RACE.

Ok, Rant over.... Flame on !!
jeffro503
5/7/2015 12:13am
You're either a deliberate troll. Or someone who over uses sarcasm. Or someone who is a complete fucking moron. Or all three!!! And before you chastise...

Or all three!!!

langhammx wrote:
^^^^ THIS ^^^^ The Keyboard Warrior is a knucklehead !! BTW- Weston has a Lorrettas CHAMPIONSHIP. As a matter of fact, he's been to Lorrettas TWICE...
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

BTW- Weston has a Lorrettas CHAMPIONSHIP. As a matter of fact, he's been to Lorrettas TWICE. He has been racing MX since he was very young. I've known the family since around 1999, Weston and my son grew up racing together. Weston was never a stand our rider, but I believe he was racing for fun and not really trying to become the next big thing . He decided to take a break from racing, which was probably the best decision he ever made. He came back to the sport, started racing again and stepped up his game. Then went on to win a title @ Lorrettas in the B class in 2008.

Weston is proof that hard work can pay off.... He has put in the work and is FINALLY reaping the benefits of his efforts. I get so damn tired of all the haters that come on the forum, with NO knowledge of WTF they're talking about. (Not in reference to this thread) I can understand the band wagon jumping that can cause others to go the opposite direction, but I don't understand why they feel the need to talk $hit about him. I have found out that MOST people on this forum don't have a clue what they are talking about and probably don't even ride, let alone RACE.

Perfectly said !
MBR
5/7/2015 1:34am
The Finns jumped on Weston band wagon already back in 2010 when he came to Finland first time Smile He has always been really modest and easy to deal with and it's great to see that he has already fulfilled the goals he set back then in this interview.
shuggs
5/7/2015 2:00am
langhammx wrote:
^^^^ THIS ^^^^ The Keyboard Warrior is a knucklehead !! BTW- Weston has a Lorrettas CHAMPIONSHIP. As a matter of fact, he's been to Lorrettas TWICE...
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Nice post , IMO he can be the next KW and race till his 30's and am hoping for good things for him. I think as a 2nd place rider is right for him - let the other take the hype & pressure AND give him a target to aim to beat
Highsider
5/7/2015 5:22am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2015 5:22am
Gotta love his "machine-gun" podium interviews!Laughing
71Fish
5/7/2015 5:32am
WP still has improvement to make. He is still projecting upward. Barcia has peaked. Next year Barcia will be driving the truck.
nytsmaC
5/7/2015 5:41am
Highsider wrote:
I like his unpolished interviews, either he's out of breath, nervous or hates being interviewed. People's champion!
Dtat720
5/7/2015 5:55am
AZ35 wrote:
Dungey went from B class amateur prospect to factory ride. I get your point, but Dungey was more Roger D having some great intuition and picking...
Dungey went from B class amateur prospect to factory ride.

I get your point, but Dungey was more Roger D having some great intuition and picking the right amateur to hand a factory ride.

Dungey went straight from B amateur to factory, which is incredible in itself, and deserving of the accomplishments.

But Dungey never raced as a pro driving himself to the races, or on a privateer team, struggling for support. He just showed the right talent to the right person and it turned into a great (legendary) decision. But that decision was made at the amateur level, not after he turned pro and tried to make it on his own.
Roger in no way "picked" Dungey. Dungey hounded and begged for just a shot at Roger watching him ride and the opportunity to go from there. It took 2+ years of Dungey chasing Roger for Roger to stop and watch him.
Dungey was a no name, no brand AM rider who carved his own destiny with persistence and dedication and a lot of begging. He wanted it and went after it, much like Weston has done with his career. That is why i think both of these guys will be around as contenders for years to come. While many of the celebrated and lavished amatuer "elites" will fade after just a few years.
71Fish
5/7/2015 6:08am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2015 6:51am
Highsider wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I like his unpolished interviews, either he's out of breath, nervous or hates being interviewed. People's champion!
Nevermind.
Moto75
5/7/2015 7:46am
IMO, Peick is one moto win away from Title Contender. He's riding the best & most confident of his career now, watch that elevate to the next step with a moto win.
fidiot
5/7/2015 7:59am
Peick will continue to get faster. Why would he not? His progress has been amazing. I predict his first SX win in 2016(assuming he starts the season healthy and remains injury free).

If I had to choose one rider to meet and hang out with, it would be him.

Love watching him race.

Post a reply to: Peick comment in Observations column

The Latest