Panic Button for Pourcel?

enketchum
Edited Date/Time 2/28/2016 11:01am
So Pourcel sets fastest lap time in Qual2 session with 1:01 and then in the main his best time is 1:10 and he gets lapped.... What the shit?

|
Sully22
1/10/2016 12:24am
Nah, he was running 5th and riding well when the red flag came out.
bsharkey
1/10/2016 12:33am
Sully22 wrote:
So true. He will be fine
enketchum
1/10/2016 12:36am
Sully22 wrote:
So you think the 2 extra laps did it to him? He turned off like Jeff Alessi back in the day

The Shop

hammertime
1/10/2016 12:37am
Fine?? How fine? After he said the fastest time he said he would be happy to get top 10. Barf!
Canerat
1/10/2016 12:45am
I think Pourcel is soft in the head...weak minded...he has the bike, the speed but cracks if things are not going his way...
brimx153
1/10/2016 1:02am
Canerat wrote:
I think Pourcel is soft in the head...weak minded...he has the bike, the speed but cracks if things are not going his way...
The most retarded comment I have read , you do know what he has been through ??
jeffro503
1/10/2016 1:11am
Canerat wrote:
brimx153 wrote:
I agree Bri !! CP will be fine as soon as he gets comfortable around all these guys at race pace. 5yrs away from SX and never raced in the 450 class.....I'd say he did just fine. He'll also get faster and more confident after each round I believe.
rutsmash
1/10/2016 1:15am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 1:18am
Canerat wrote:
brimx153 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I agree Bri !! CP will be fine as soon as he gets comfortable around all these guys at race pace. 5yrs away from SX and...
I agree Bri !! CP will be fine as soon as he gets comfortable around all these guys at race pace. 5yrs away from SX and never raced in the 450 class.....I'd say he did just fine. He'll also get faster and more confident after each round I believe.
Well both fro and bri are wrong and not thinking clearly...its a valid comment. He gives up unless he has a top five start or thereabouts. That is not good if you are a fan of his.
blackdiamond
1/10/2016 1:38am
enketchum wrote:
So Pourcel sets fastest lap time in Qual2 session with 1:01 and then in the main his best time is 1:10 and he gets lapped.... What...
So Pourcel sets fastest lap time in Qual2 session with 1:01 and then in the main his best time is 1:10 and he gets lapped.... What the shit?

"We can work with speed"
Starcrossed
1/10/2016 2:10am
He is somewhat enigmatic at times. One moto he'll get a decent start and move up thru the pack, from say 8th to 5th, then next moto he gets a mid pack start and then will lose a position here and there and end up out of the points. He has flashes of brilliance that indicate he could be a constant threat to win races. Not too concerned over one race, especially since he showed he has the speed...the rest will come and he'll see a few podiums.
TMV
1/10/2016 2:16am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 4:29am
Canerat wrote:
brimx153 wrote:
Yet He's right.

As Sully22 said CP was 5th before the red flag, He would have probably tried with the such a start. His second start was quite bad, he got pushed off the track, was last at the second turn and everybody knows that if Pourcel doesn't get a start he doesn't push cause he doesn't like contact. That's simple and CP said it several times.

Panic button, hell no. But CP will never win a championship ever again. He's a one day guy now. One of the fastest on one lap but needs everything to be perfectly aligned in order to win.
rutsmash
1/10/2016 2:45am
He is somewhat enigmatic at times. One moto he'll get a decent start and move up thru the pack, from say 8th to 5th, then next...
He is somewhat enigmatic at times. One moto he'll get a decent start and move up thru the pack, from say 8th to 5th, then next moto he gets a mid pack start and then will lose a position here and there and end up out of the points. He has flashes of brilliance that indicate he could be a constant threat to win races. Not too concerned over one race, especially since he showed he has the speed...the rest will come and he'll see a few podiums.
one race? He did the same thing in the 250 class last year...if he got a good start he would run fast lap times..but if he started poorly, he would not show any movement forward for the most part and run eh lap times..especially for a guy that runs the fastest lap time in practice in many races last year...obviously the two don't equate.
Starcrossed
1/10/2016 2:52am
He is somewhat enigmatic at times. One moto he'll get a decent start and move up thru the pack, from say 8th to 5th, then next...
rutsmash wrote:
one race? He did the same thing in the 250 class last year...if he got a good start he would run fast lap times..but if he...
one race? He did the same thing in the 250 class last year...if he got a good start he would run fast lap times..but if he started poorly, he would not show any movement forward for the most part and run eh lap times..especially for a guy that runs the fastest lap time in practice in many races last year...obviously the two don't equate.
one MOTO...same race, same day, same track...and yes, it did happen at more than one race Grinning
1/10/2016 3:27am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 3:36am
Whatever happened to "You can't win the SX title at A1"?
RG1
1/10/2016 4:18am
Pourcel will be fine. First SX race in 5 years, give him a chance to settle into it
colonel
1/10/2016 5:11am
Pourcel is fine, will do fine and podium this season. No one knows why he dropped his laps, maybe a small injury picked up that was a issue after red flag etc etc.
Julian
1/10/2016 6:21am
Canerat wrote:
brimx153 wrote:
TMV wrote:
Yet He's right. As Sully22 said CP was 5th before the red flag, He would have probably tried with the such a start. His second start...
Yet He's right.

As Sully22 said CP was 5th before the red flag, He would have probably tried with the such a start. His second start was quite bad, he got pushed off the track, was last at the second turn and everybody knows that if Pourcel doesn't get a start he doesn't push cause he doesn't like contact. That's simple and CP said it several times.

Panic button, hell no. But CP will never win a championship ever again. He's a one day guy now. One of the fastest on one lap but needs everything to be perfectly aligned in order to win.
exactement
kkawboy14
1/10/2016 6:40am
If pourcel should panic.....Barcia should retire....
plowboy
1/10/2016 6:41am
CP was able to come back from significant injury and extend his career precisely due to the way he rides. He's smart enough to stay away from the chaos as much as possible. Stay healthy and take what's on the table. Vive the Frenchie.
murph783
1/10/2016 10:52am
plowboy wrote:
CP was able to come back from significant injury and extend his career precisely due to the way he rides. He's smart enough to stay away...
CP was able to come back from significant injury and extend his career precisely due to the way he rides. He's smart enough to stay away from the chaos as much as possible. Stay healthy and take what's on the table. Vive the Frenchie.
Given all his history with injuries I think he plays it really smart. Good for championships? No probably not. Does it mean I don't want to see him out there? Hell no! I'm pumped he's got a ride he's happy with and still goes out there and throws down
Sully22
1/10/2016 11:06am
Pourcel is very risk averse, and for good reason based on his past, and I think he does sort of a risk assessment of the situation, and he makes the decision whether or not to push based on a number of factors...the start being one but imho not the only one as many in the media say. He's locked in on the husky through 2017, and I'm sure his team would rather have him on the track in 18 than on the ground and out for the year. Sure, 18 is nothing to write home about, but it's round one and the key is to make it outta there alive. Plus, as he's indicated, the goal for him is top 10's, and if he can get it a top 5. some of you think because he was 2nd fastest in qualifying he should win or finish 2nd...some guys are better qualifiers on a smooth track than racers on a 20 lap rough/rutted track, CP is one of those guys, he'll get more comfortable and confident as the year goes on and he'll be fine..
mxb2
1/10/2016 11:13am
Everytime pourcel doesnt do well, the old injury reasoning come up, but when he wins or does well, nothing is said, hmmmm. Which is it , cant have it both ways.
ATKpilot99
1/10/2016 11:54am
mxb2 wrote:
Everytime pourcel doesnt do well, the old injury reasoning come up, but when he wins or does well, nothing is said, hmmmm. Which is it...
Everytime pourcel doesnt do well, the old injury reasoning come up, but when he wins or does well, nothing is said, hmmmm. Which is it , cant have it both ways.
I tend to agree. It's amazing what he came back from but I've heard a lot of pro riders say when you start thinking about injury out on the track it's over for you. I'm not saying this is the case with Pourcel but a lot of people seem to think so.
plowboy
1/10/2016 12:01pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I tend to agree. It's amazing what he came back from but I've heard a lot of pro riders say when you start thinking about injury...
I tend to agree. It's amazing what he came back from but I've heard a lot of pro riders say when you start thinking about injury out on the track it's over for you. I'm not saying this is the case with Pourcel but a lot of people seem to think so.
Go look up the reason Kevin Windham retired. No longer willing to risk life and limb for the sport. Christophe needs to bank a few moore years before he has the luxury Kevin's longivity afforded him.
FlaNard
1/10/2016 12:04pm
He frustrates me. He has as much natural talent as anyone in the world in my opinion. But yeah, calling for panic after round one is silly.
cayman
1/10/2016 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 12:16pm
enketchum wrote:
So Pourcel sets fastest lap time in Qual2 session with 1:01 and then in the main his best time is 1:10 and he gets lapped.... What...

And that comes to you as a surprise? New to the sport?
Blink
plowboy
1/10/2016 12:27pm
enketchum wrote:

cayman wrote:
And that comes to you as a surprise? New to the sport?
Blink
Panic? Have you guys ever met/talked to Chris? He ain't scared of anything. He is singularly focused. "What is the best result I can achieve from this position" is how he breaks down a race. He knows that staying injury free will garner the best results over the entire season. All or nothing may be exciting but more often than not....results in nothing.

Post a reply to: Panic Button for Pourcel?

The Latest