Paging Manny.....

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 6/26/2014 4:51pm
Hey Manny....sent you a PM asking you a couple questions about my FMF exhaust. Get to me when you can.
|
mxb2
6/23/2014 12:39pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Manny....sent you a PM asking you a couple questions about my FMF exhaust. Get to me when you can.
Fmf has a tech support #, most of them seem to know what their talking about lol. i have a fmf 4.1megabomb on my 12 kawy 450, remapped, great system for that bike.
jeffro503
6/23/2014 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2014 4:00pm
jeffro503 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Fmf has a tech support #, most of them seem to know what their talking about lol. i have a fmf 4.1megabomb on my 12 kawy...
Fmf has a tech support #, most of them seem to know what their talking about lol. i have a fmf 4.1megabomb on my 12 kawy 450, remapped, great system for that bike.
That was the main question I have. Re-mapping the couplers for it. Don't know where to send them , how many do I send and so forth. I told Manny I had read that the mega bomb / 4.1 exhaust set makes the bikes run a bit warm.

Can a guy just buy new re-mapped couplers....or do we have to send ours in? Trying to get this figured out before next weekend if possible.
mxb2
6/23/2014 4:04pm
jeffro503 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Fmf has a tech support #, most of them seem to know what their talking about lol. i have a fmf 4.1megabomb on my 12 kawy...
jeffro503 wrote:
That was the main question I have. Re-mapping the couplers for it. Don't know where to send them , how many do I send and so...
That was the main question I have. Re-mapping the couplers for it. Don't know where to send them , how many do I send and so forth. I told Manny I had read that the mega bomb / 4.1 exhaust set makes the bikes run a bit warm.

Can a guy just buy new re-mapped couplers....or do we have to send ours in? Trying to get this figured out before next weekend if possible.
i sent my ecu to tokyo mods, justin real good guy, tell them what you want, they have a form tokyo mods.com, questions like,stock or aftermarket full pipe slip on,race gas ,pump gas, wat kind of power u want. use the green coupler w remapped ecu. no need to send couplers. remap is worth it w that pipe, and i use renegade fuel with screenless cage, and moto tassini air box, fc suspension bike rips and suspension is sick. vortex box is the best but $700 to $90 on the difference. lol, u can download the form, insure the ecu for $500, in case it gets lost. hope this helps.
Preston412
6/23/2014 4:53pm
What year is your KX and is it a stock piston or high compression? Basically, you just need to add a little air to the fuel.
If you know anyone with the kx ecu remap program, just use it and do it yourself. Like I mentioned in the other thread, call Jason Beck 386-256-4746 and he will help you.

The Shop

jeffro503
6/23/2014 5:02pm
Preston412 wrote:
What year is your KX and is it a stock piston or high compression? Basically, you just need to add a little air to the fuel...
What year is your KX and is it a stock piston or high compression? Basically, you just need to add a little air to the fuel.
If you know anyone with the kx ecu remap program, just use it and do it yourself. Like I mentioned in the other thread, call Jason Beck 386-256-4746 and he will help you.
Thanks Preston. My KXF450 is a 2012. All stock piston , crank ect...

Doesn't the FMF mega bomb already lean the bike slightly? I need a little more air mixture in with the fuel.....wouldn't that make it run hotter?

As of right now , I'm trying to find someone local that has an ECU programmer. Going to call motosports tomorrow and see if they can help. I will give Jason a call tomorrow for sure and see what he has to say. I don't want to have to buy a $500 - $700 ECU for this pipe.

Mxb2.......just in case I have to send my ECU out.....what is the normal turn around time?
mxb2
6/23/2014 7:59pm
3/4 days, tokyo mods is in cali, depends where u live, i am on the east coast, bet west coast, 2--3 days, the remap is worth the $90.imo. vortex $700but way more tunable, good luck keep us posted, like i said justine helped me, very helpful
Preston412
6/23/2014 8:19pm
Yes and call Jason. He adjusted my timing as well, it makes it easier to start
TeamGreen
6/24/2014 10:49am
Jeffro,

Been at Mammoth & I'm just catching up on my e-mails...

I'd run the pipe and I'd change my coolant to 1/2 Water (Distilled) & 1/2 Engine Ice & see how that works (Should be fine). I know my KXFs run a higher pressure rated cap, too (1.5-1.9, somewhere in that range, I think).

Also, run fresh gas.

Good luck!

Manny
mxb2
6/24/2014 11:06am
TeamGreen wrote:
Jeffro, Been at Mammoth & I'm just catching up on my e-mails... I'd run the pipe and I'd change my coolant to 1/2 Water (Distilled) &...
Jeffro,

I'd run the pipe and I'd change my coolant to 1/2 Water (Distilled) & 1/2 Engine Ice & see how that works (Should be fine). I know my KXFs run a higher pressure rated cap, too (1.5-1.9, somewhere in that range, I think).

Also, run fresh gas.

Good luck!

Manny
I also run a cv4 high pressure cap, and agree on good fuel.
TeamGreen
6/25/2014 11:23am
TeamGreen wrote:
Jeffro, Been at Mammoth & I'm just catching up on my e-mails... I'd run the pipe and I'd change my coolant to 1/2 Water (Distilled) &...
Jeffro,

Also, run fresh gas.

Good luck!

Manny
mxb2 wrote:
I'd try some VP T4 while you're at it. U4.4 has a bit more ox and "energy '; but, a Kawi runs just fine on T4.
mxb2
6/25/2014 11:59am
TeamGreen wrote:
Jeffro,

Also, run fresh gas.

Good luck!

Manny
mxb2 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
I'd try some VP T4 while you're at it. U4.4 has a bit more ox and "energy '; but, a Kawi runs just fine on T4.
i have used u4.4 , good stuff now i am using renegade sx4, mx4 sometimes sx4+, depends on my hookup lol. i have heard pro6 is really good also.
jeffro503
6/25/2014 5:41pm
Thanks for the info guys! I actually haven't been running any race fuel. Just the non-ethanol fuel I can get from a place which sells race car gas and a few other good clean fuels. Like Sunoco and 76'.

I got the header part of the exhaust today. And after talking to a few local guys here , instead of sending my ECU off , or even re-mapping the current stock one , I'm going with a JD Jetting Fuel injection tuner. This one here >>> http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=115&cat=24&page=1

Seems to be a lot like the Vortex , but at about 1/3rd the price. A few dudes around here have been running them with the after market exhaust and they say they really dig it! My stock ECU isn't adjustable , and can really only change the mapping if I send it off. This thing will let me play around with the settings. With me riding any where between 30 - 105 F outside.....I kind of wanted something adjustable.

Thanks for all your help guys! And Manny.....I will get some Engine Ice and a high pressure cap. Where and who sells the high pressure caps?
jeffro503
6/25/2014 5:42pm
mxb2 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
i have used u4.4 , good stuff now i am using renegade sx4, mx4 sometimes sx4+, depends on my hookup lol. i have heard pro6 is...
i have used u4.4 , good stuff now i am using renegade sx4, mx4 sometimes sx4+, depends on my hookup lol. i have heard pro6 is really good also.
MXB.....do you run that fuel strait.....not like 1/2 and 1/2 with something like non-ethanol pump gas or anything?
mxb2
6/25/2014 5:47pm
i run it straight, good stuff,not cheap, but i dont ride alota motos, imo its worth it. , like team green said vp t4 is a very good , reasonable race fuel. but the old saying goea, ya get what ya pay for, vp is really good and the renegade i use is really good.and bto sports sells cv4 hi pressure caps, support bto and ger a good cap, i use the cv4 w engine ice, so far so good.
jeffro503
6/25/2014 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 5:57pm
mxb2 wrote:
i run it straight, good stuff,not cheap, but i dont ride alota motos, imo its worth it. , like team green said vp t4 is a...
i run it straight, good stuff,not cheap, but i dont ride alota motos, imo its worth it. , like team green said vp t4 is a very good , reasonable race fuel. but the old saying goea, ya get what ya pay for, vp is really good and the renegade i use is really good.and bto sports sells cv4 hi pressure caps, support bto and ger a good cap, i use the cv4 w engine ice, so far so good.
Thanks MXB!! These EFI bikes are quite a bit different than my carbed 08' Honda I had. I have a learning curve here.
TeamGreen
6/25/2014 5:58pm
mxb2 wrote:
i run it straight, good stuff,not cheap, but i dont ride alota motos, imo its worth it. , like team green said vp t4 is a...
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks MXB!! These EFI bikes are quite a bit different than my carbed 08' Honda I had. I have a learning curve here.
You can even get them at auto-stores; but, CV4 has it down to a science.
mxb2
6/25/2014 6:03pm
mxb2 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
np, man, i also put a rear link from pc on mine, and removed the screen w a no toil screen less kit and moto tassini air box, pc silicone hoses and boyseen water pump, bike rips. , wc perch and throttle tube, x trig clamps frt, braking battflyrotor kit w galfer braided line and a moto seat seat cover, twin walls, renthal kevlar grips,13/51 gearing.rear battfly rotor, hinson clutch cover,kite pegs,hammerhead shifter brake pedal and wc holeshot device, 13 frt fender, white rear. great bike.. sorry to ramble.keep us posted
mxb2
6/25/2014 6:04pm
mxb2 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
You can even get them at auto-stores; but, CV4 has it down to a science.
and support btoCool
TeamGreen
6/25/2014 6:21pm
Currently running PC link-arm, PC-Revalved forks and shock with all their good parts (KYB Airs that work BETTER than anyone in here is going to believe), PC pipe...stock black-map, VP MRX02, Pro6 HT or U4.4 ...depending on what's in the truck...and I've got a set of wheels built by RAD Mfg that're actually lighter than stock. Geomax 32 frt and 52 rear (32 when it's soft-dirt/sand)

This is the fastest and best handling bike I've been able to build for the money.

Period.

But, as some of you know, I'm riding a BTO/KTM. Why? It's EASIER to ride...for me. Still, the Kawi is FASTER and Lighter-feeling...especially in the air; but, the KTM is easier out on the track...especially after 5 or 6 laps...and I can get a Holeshot on both...again...good starts are Easeir on the Kawi. Weird, right?

Out on a really tough track? Well, that seems easier on the KTM...just not necesarilly "faster". Make sense? Besides, the KTM is prepared along-side the Butler Bros bikes and it's just...Nice. Really, really, nice to ride a bike that is...well...put togehter REALLY WELL. That's a shout out to JR Boyd over at BTO/KTM racing team. Not just a "Good Mechanic"...he's a realy good "Tuner".

Oh, I'm running Pirellis on the KTM, too...Awesome tires.
mxb2
6/25/2014 6:48pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Currently running PC link-arm, PC-Revalved forks and shock with [b]all their good parts [/b](KYB Airs that work BETTER than anyone in here is going to believe)...
Currently running PC link-arm, PC-Revalved forks and shock with all their good parts (KYB Airs that work BETTER than anyone in here is going to believe), PC pipe...stock black-map, VP MRX02, Pro6 HT or U4.4 ...depending on what's in the truck...and I've got a set of wheels built by RAD Mfg that're actually lighter than stock. Geomax 32 frt and 52 rear (32 when it's soft-dirt/sand)

This is the fastest and best handling bike I've been able to build for the money.

Period.

But, as some of you know, I'm riding a BTO/KTM. Why? It's EASIER to ride...for me. Still, the Kawi is FASTER and Lighter-feeling...especially in the air; but, the KTM is easier out on the track...especially after 5 or 6 laps...and I can get a Holeshot on both...again...good starts are Easeir on the Kawi. Weird, right?

Out on a really tough track? Well, that seems easier on the KTM...just not necesarilly "faster". Make sense? Besides, the KTM is prepared along-side the Butler Bros bikes and it's just...Nice. Really, really, nice to ride a bike that is...well...put togehter REALLY WELL. That's a shout out to JR Boyd over at BTO/KTM racing team. Not just a "Good Mechanic"...he's a realy good "Tuner".

what pc pipe? 5 or 6
TeamGreen
6/25/2014 8:53pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Currently running PC link-arm, PC-Revalved forks and shock with [b]all their good parts [/b](KYB Airs that work BETTER than anyone in here is going to believe)...

Period.

mxb2 wrote:
what pc pipe? 5 or 6
Ti 6 Carbon...of-course!
TeamGreen
6/25/2014 8:54pm
oh...Galfer Tsunami 270 up-front, too.
mxb2
6/25/2014 9:12pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Period.

mxb2 wrote:
what pc pipe? 5 or 6
TeamGreen wrote:
Ti 6 Carbon...of-course!
i heard ti 6 was better than the ti 5, shorter, snappier, opinion?
TeamGreen
6/25/2014 9:16pm
mxb2 wrote:
what pc pipe? 5 or 6
TeamGreen wrote:
Ti 6 Carbon...of-course!
mxb2 wrote:
& louder...the bike certainly has a bit for bottom-snap.
TeamGreen
6/25/2014 9:21pm

These are from the day I tested/adjusted the new Suspension: PC has the KYB stuff figured out!

Renthal Twin-Ring...LASTS FOREVER!
jeffro503
6/25/2014 10:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 10:03pm
TG.....did you go with the 51T on the rear as well? I read MXB above went to a 51T.....and that is exactly what I ordered the other day ( just arrived today in fact ). Felt like it needed 1T more in the rear.....not two....just one! That setup you have many is exactly like the set i Have on my bike now.....and exactly the same as the one I just ordered ( except a 51T instead of a 50T in the rear )

And the BTO thing....I'd love to support them haha.....but I'd be in a tough spot there. Motosports Hillsoboro has been helping me for about 20yrs now. Great shop! OH....and Motosports.com too!
TeamGreen
6/26/2014 10:03am
I think I usually run a 50 and have run 49-53 on KX450's...depending on the track.
mxb2
6/26/2014 10:16am
TeamGreen wrote:
Ti 6 Carbon...of-course!
mxb2 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
& louder...the bike certainly has a bit for bottom-snap.
Thanks good info, my kawy runs great with the fmf also, both great products imo.
mxb2
6/26/2014 10:19am
jeffro503 wrote:
TG.....did you go with the 51T on the rear as well? I read MXB above went to a 51T.....and that is exactly what I ordered the...
TG.....did you go with the 51T on the rear as well? I read MXB above went to a 51T.....and that is exactly what I ordered the other day ( just arrived today in fact ). Felt like it needed 1T more in the rear.....not two....just one! That setup you have many is exactly like the set i Have on my bike now.....and exactly the same as the one I just ordered ( except a 51T instead of a 50T in the rear )

And the BTO thing....I'd love to support them haha.....but I'd be in a tough spot there. Motosports Hillsoboro has been helping me for about 20yrs now. Great shop! OH....and Motosports.com too!
Gearing will depend on skill level and tracks as TG said. the 51 cleans up the gap between 2nd and 3rd gear. , and i agree w your hookup, dont shit where u sleep lol.
BigMX
6/26/2014 10:49am
TeamGreen wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/06/25/57875/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/06/25/57876/s1200_image.jpg[/img] These are from the day I tested/adjusted the new Suspension: PC has the KYB stuff figured out! Renthal Twin-Ring...LASTS FOREVER!

These are from the day I tested/adjusted the new Suspension: PC has the KYB stuff figured out!

Renthal Twin-Ring...LASTS FOREVER!
I have a '13 with the KYB PSF and had PC do my suspension including their link. It is the best suspension I have aver ridden on. I tell that to everyone who speaks negatively about the air fork. I guess you only understand if you ride it.

Post a reply to: Paging Manny.....

The Latest